SkySong278

Sky & polar

((okay happy.gif))

"Okay and I'll have to show my dad my wound so he can see and believe what one of our guards was trying to tell him earlier about it being much deeper than the wounds you guys inflict. He's more of a visual person and he'll also listen to me if I tell him that it's time to stop this war. If I'm able to convince him and my mom as well as some of the chief elders that it needs to stop and we need to forge a peace between our two clans would it be possible to have them have a meeting with your parents and chief elders in a day or two?" Aryn said and asked in reply to everything that Kayden said earlier in response to what she had said before she was pulled into his arms for a hug. She hugged him back and felt comforted even if she knew he was right about him not being able to protect her like he should. "I understand and hopefully it was just what you said; a warning but I'm glad you'll kill them if they kill me. I still find it odd, though that it was outside the archives building in the woods on the edge of my clan like it was waiting for me to come out and it had seen me go in there, as if knowing what I was looking for. Kind of creepy if you ask me." She then inhaled his scent and said, "Mm your natural scent smells like evergreens and cardamom and those two scents combined comfort me."

Edited by SkySong278

"Let's hope they both listen to reason like they should, then." Kayden said with a chuckle, smiling. "I would be concerned if my scent didn't comfort you, to be honest." He smiled, before furrowing his eyebrows. Something about what she said didn't add up. "Waiting for you as if they knew what you were looking for..." He muttered, eyes widening. "Oh no." He said, stepping back and shifting fluidly into his wyvern form. "You need to leave, now. That's how they knew - they've been watching us the whole time!"

"Took you long enough to find out." A dark elf said, stepping from the shadows in his hulking wyvern form. Kayden could see movement behind him. "Two clan heirs in the same place, how... wonderful."

Kayden snarled, tail whipping out behind him. "Who are you? What do you want?"

The dark elf gave a dramatic sigh. "It's always the same question. Who are you, what do you want, why are you doing this, it's just so... typical. And I thought you were different. How disappointing. But if you really want to know..." He let the sentence dangle for a moment before chuckling darkly. "I'm still not going to tell you. Even if I did, you wouldn't live to tell the tale. Your clans will of course chalk it up to a deadly border skirmish, or even..." He smiled wickedly. "A forbidden romance, perhaps?" He ambled forward, tail twisting behind him. Kayden saw the eyeshine of two more behind him. "And as for you..." The wyvern purred, bringing a claw down Aryn's cheek. "I should have had my men kill you when I had the chance. I do hate loose ends."

Kayden snarled, his claws flawhing out to rip a gash in the dark elf's arm. Blood spurted from the wound and the dark elf stared at the blood, emotionless. "Don't touch her." The prince snarled.

"Touching, how you think I'll listen to you." He said with a seemingly lighthearted chuckle. "Because you're wrong, of course." He tilted his head. "Kill them."

Kayden snarled, swinging his tail around into the dark elves' leader and sending him crashing into a tree before surging into the air, drawing one of the elves after him. Fire billowed from his throat, charring the dark elf's face and sending him careening towards the ground. "Run!" Kayden grunted, slamming into the second wyvern and sending him staggering away from injured Aryn. Blood flowed from his shoulder as the dark elf's claws raked across him, and he pounced with a pained roar, shoving the pain from his mind as he wrestled with the large dark wyvern. Flame once again billowed from his jaws, singing the stomach of his opponent and allowing him to score gashes across the wyvern's chest and side.

Growling, the wyvern pulled off of him, drawing away as their leader herded the two away. "Next time you won't be so lucky, little heirs." He snarled, leading his followers away and practically melting into the night. Kayden limped slightly and flexed his wings. "I can still fly, good. I need to get this patched up. Screw secrecy, meet me at the border tomorrow morning. We need to make peace as soon as possible." Kayden said, glancing at his shoulder. "See you in the morning." He said, nudging her side slightly before taking off towards the healer's den.

Aryn smiled and then it faded into a slight frown when she heard him mutter part of a statement she said earlier just before he looked like he got a somewhat horrified expression on his face. Then when he pulled back to shift into his wyvern form before telling her to go, she looked a bit surprised and was about to do as she was told when a few dark elf wyverns stepped out from behind the surrounding trees. She had also been surprised that the other wyvern faction had been watching them during their meetings and she felt a bit stupid for not having picked up on any scents that weren't hers, Kayden's, Myka's, or Amethyst's during those times. She only glared at the leader of the other wyverns when he told him that he wouldn't live to tell anyone what he was told before he touched her by dragging a claw slightly down her cheek. She growled a bit at the threat and said, "And I should have killed the one that attacked me so that he wouldn't tattle to you." She smirked a bit when Kayden injured the leader's arm but then that faded when she heard the order to kill them come from him.

She shifted into her dragon form to help Kayden out and was about to do so when he told her to run. She hesitated a bit before she started to move quickly towards some other trees that would lead her back to her clan but then stopped behind one of them when she was far enough away from the fight to watch after shifting back into her elf form. When it was over and the leader retreated with his men, she came back out and went over to where Kayden was still in his wyvern form, looking a bit concerned when she saw the wounds that he had gotten. "Are you okay?" she asked although she knew that he probably wouldn't answer it or just brush it off before he told her to meet her at the border later so that they could get peace forged soon. She nodded before going back to her own clan and then having some guards stay outside her house and close to her room just in case the dark elves tried anything while she was sleeping. She didn't want to take a chance and not have part of her house guarded or else she'd be dead for sure. After they were positioned, she quietly went inside after unlocking the back door, locked it again behind her, and then went up to her room to get ready for bed. After she was dressed and her bed was unmade, she got under the covers, turned off her light, and then was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

--ts to a bit later in the morning--

Later that morning found both Aryn and Arcaena still sleeping. Aryn got over her worriment of the dark elves trying to attack her during the night because she reminded herself that there were guards outside her bedroom window so she could sleep easier.

As for Arcaena, she hadn't been able to sleep that well before that day and was now able to get the rest she needed. She was still sleeping even when her breakfast was delivered to her cell. She woke a little bit later, shifting back to her human form before dropping back down to the cell floor to eat the breakfast that was delivered to her. When she was eating it, she glanced up and caught the young guard around her age staring at her with a glint in his eye and that made her a bit uncomfortable. She made a mental note to tell the prince that when he came by later as she had her attention go back to being on her food.

Edited by SkySong278

((So sorry... college classes have started and I have quite a bit of homework. Can't promise consistent posts, but I'll try my best))

Kayne swept into the dungeon with a sour look on his face that morning. For whatever reason Kayden had smashed into his room in the middle of the night spreading blood everywhere, panting about being attacked by dark wyverns on the border. Kayne didn't believe him exactly, but the wounds were odd, and he ended up having to half-carry his twin to Healer Marcus. He banged into the room holding the dragon, seeing her eating. "And how's our tenant today?" He asked in a scathingly sarcastic tone. His golden eyes stared down the young guard. "Get out of my sight." He ordered, and the guard scampered out under the prince's cold gaze. "Have we provided you with excellent service today?" Kayne asked her sarcastically, leaning against the wall. "The guards giving you any trouble?" He may hate dragons, but he hated men who preyed on women more. He was cruel, not heartless (though he was very close). "I can assign you another guard, if you'd like." He offered, seeming almost kind in that moment. Kayne had noticed her discomfort upon entering her cell, and was switching her guard even if she declined.

((it's okay and I've been in college so I understand smile.gif))

Arcaena looked up when she heard Kayne come in before seeing the young guard leave when the former told him to do so. She was visibly comforted as soon as that guard was gone. She finished eating when she heard the questions he asked her. She had heard his first question but she still had food in her mouth and she hadn't wanted to talk with it in her mouth because that would have been rude. "I'm okay. Yes and the food was good. Yes that guard you dismissed was making me a bit uncomfortable," she said in reply before she heard the statement. "Would it be okay if the guard you call Brute guards me? I know it sounds crazy and weird but I think I'd feel more comfortable with him guarding me and I don't think he'd look at me inappropriately," she said as she kept her attention on him.

((I'll add a post as Aryn in my next post))

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Okay. Sorry about the wait >.< I hadn't forgotten, I was just busy))

"I'll have him reassigned immediately, then." Kayne looked thoughtful for a moment, his features relaxing from their usual harsh look as he thought. "I'll see what I can do. Typically Brute is used elsewhere, but I'll see what I can do." He told her before snorting. "Don't worry, he wouldn't. I know him very well, that's not really his style." He said with a shrug. "Let me know if the guard gives you any more trouble." He was back to his normal surly self after that, sweeping out the door to go take care of the young guard.

((sorry. I didn't think you forgot and I thought that you were busy. that was meant to help you find this thread later in case it's not in your subscribed threads area and also just a temporary thing. I was actually going to delete it a little while ago but I got to reading a book series that I haven't read in awhile so I got distracted and forgot))

Aryn ended up waking up around 10 that morning which was kind of unusual but understood because of her injury. She had slept that evening curled up in her dragon form in order to help it heal and it looked somewhat better but she couldn't really tell due to the stitches still being in. She shifted back to her elf form just before she sat up and got off her bed, heading downstairs shortly afterward to get some breakfast. Both of her parents were in the kitchen as well which was also unusual because they were usually in the meeting building at about this time but why they weren't today only meant that they were worried about her and what had happened. After she had poured her cereal and then the milk afterward before putting the milk back in the fridge she said as she headed back to her seat at the table, "Mom dad we need to talk." After she had taken a bite of the cereal, she launched into telling them about what she had found in the archives building about the other group of wyverns starting the war and not them (the dragons) as well as not the wyverns they knew. She also said that it was time to end the war and to meet with the wyvern clan's royal family to see about coming up with a truce as well as possibly uniting to fight the dark elf wyverns or just to make them leave the area so that they don't cause them anymore trouble.

Sanin and Emelia listened to everything their daughter said and couldn't help but silently agree before Sanin said, "We agree. We'll contact the other royals later and see if we can't meet around one in the afternoon. All three of us."

Aryn continued to eat while she waited to see how her parents would react or say and was a bit shocked as well as a little happy when she heard what her dad said. "I'm glad," she said with a smile and a nod about the part of the three of them heading over towards the wyvern clan around one. She finished eating all of the cereal that was in there before drinking the milk and then took the now empty bowl over to the dishwasher before going back upstairs to get dressed into a comfortable outfit that she was going to wear for the day and after she had gotten dressed into it, she went back downstairs to find that her parents weren't there but figured that they went to the meeting building to contact Kayden's parents. She had forgotten to tell them that she liked him a bit more than in a friendly relationship but she could tell them that later. She went out and helped train to get her mind of what had happened the day before and then went to the medical building for a check-up on how her wound was doing.

~~~

Arcaena listened to what Kayne said and nodded in understanding to what he said about Brute and the young guard being transferred as well as the part about letting him know if the latter bothered her again. She was going to tell him her name, but didn't get the chance to when he left her cell again. She sighed a bit and figured that he wouldn't care what her name was or would even forget it if she had told him before standing up and looking out the window to see what everyone in his pack was doing out of curiosity.

Edited by SkySong278

going ahead and tsing to the celebration lunch

The day of the celebration lunch and peace talks between their two tribes came and Aryn got dressed in a sleeve and strapless gold and silver dress while Arcaena got dressed in a silver and gold sleeveless dress. They helped each other do their hair for the lunch (Aryn's and Arcaena's) before they walked out of Arcaena's house, where they had gotten dressed and fixed each other's hair, before joining everyone outside in the main area of the wyvern camp. The latter had been released from the prison but the only thing allowing her to walk around the wyvern camp was that Kayne had to keep an eye on her. She figured that was temporary now that the war between her and Aryn's tribe and his and Kayden's was almost over but she didn't know that for sure. She made a mental note to ask him later as she walked towards where lunch was being served with her friend.

((thought that the wyverns could host the lunch since the peace talks wil also take place there, if that's okay))

Edited by SkySong278

((That's fine))

In the wake of the war between the tribes, which Kayden honestly hoped would come to an end, he and his older twin had struck up a surprising truce. It was almost like old times, and the two brothers were bickering among themselves as they finished up dressing. Kayden was dressed in a simple yet stylish suit that made him look like the prince he always us. Kayne was dressed in something a little less formal, despite his mother's protests, though he was forced to add a vest to his outfit. "Why do I still have to watch the prisoner again?" He complained to Kayden, who was straightening his tie for the seventh time.

The latter shrugged. "Probably because the war isn't officially over. At least she's pretty, I guess."

"For a dragon, sure," Kayne said. "Your tie looks fine. Do I look as stylish as ever?"

"Like a proper rebel," Kayden said, running a hand through his hair. "C'mon, your prisoner is waiting."

"As is your date," Kayne said, snorting. "What? I'm your twin. It's not like I haven't noticed the looks you've been giving her. Even if we haven't been on the best of terms."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Kayden said. "Let's go."

"After you," Kayne said, following his brother out the door. The two made their way down to the elaborate lunch table, which was decorated in the simple yet elegant fashion of the wyverns. "Looks like my... charge is already here." Kayne said with a sigh. "Please don't make me go over there."

"You're coming," Kayden said, walking up to the two girls. "Afternoon. You look lovely, Aryn, as usual. As do you, Arcaena."

"Ever the charmer," Kayne said with a roll of his eyes, reluctantly following his twin. His eyes flicked over Arcaena's form. "I guess we are stuck with each other for tonight."

"Get cozy," Kayden said with a smirk.

Kayne gave his brother a deadpan look. "I hate you, by the way."

"Yeah," Kayden shrugged. "I know."

"Mother, I'm more than ready!" Amethyst said, trying to escape her room. "We're going to be late!"

"We won't be late if you just let the maid do your hair, dear," The queen sighed. "Don't you want to look nice?"

"Well, yes..." Amethyst said, her mind flashing to Myka.

"Ah, ah, I know that look," Her mother said with a knowing smile. "What's his name?"

"You won't approve," Amethyst said with a sigh, allowing the young wyvern maid to finish up her hair. She stood, smoothing out her gown.

"Nonsense," Her mother tutted. "I want you to have a boy that treats you well and makes you happy - dragon or not."

"How did you..." Amethyst trailed.

"I'm your mother, sweetie," She said. "I know these sorts of things. So, what's his name?"

"Myka," Amethyst said. "Can I go now?"

"Of course," Her mother said, seating herself so that the maid could do her hair. "But you must introduce him to me if he comes."

"I will Mother," Amethyst said, leaving the room. She headed down to where the lunch was to be held, waving cheerfully at her brothers and Aryn before she set off to find Myka.

Aryn and Arcaena had gone over to the table after getting their punch and were still there but were now sitting down when Kayden and Kayne walked up to them.

"Thank you and you look as handsome as ever," Aryn said in reply while Arcaena just thanked him for his compliment of her before she looked over at Kayne when she saw him approach and heard what he said. She blushed a bit when she saw his eyes flick over her form and then said with very light pink cheeks, "Yes I guess we are. Would you like some punch? I can get some for you."

Aryn saw her friend's blush and smiled just the slightest, knowing all too well what she was blushing about as well as Kayden's compliment of her dress. She then waved back to Amethyst as she saw her pass them and called after her, "If you're looking for Myka he should be at the farther end of the table! I saw him arrive a short time ago and saw where he went!" She then turned her attention to be on Kayden as she also asked, "Want some punch or would you rather get it a bit later on instead?"

---

Myka had taken a little while to get ready only because his hair wasn't cooperating with how he wanted to get it styled and ended up with a messy-looking combed back look before he went on to put on his suit and then went downstairs to stand with his parents so that the three of them could walk over to the wyvern's camp together. As soon as they got there, they found a spot at the farthest end of the table that was opposite of Aryn and company. As soon as he sat down, though he heard Aryn yell to someone of where he was and looked around to see who she was talking to. When he saw Amethyst walking around and thought that she might be looking for him, he blushed a bit before starting to wave somewhat so that she could find him easier.

Edited by Dragonpelt

"You flatter me," Kayden said with a smirk and a slight bow. "We can get punch whenever you'd like. I don't mind grabbing it for both of us - I am a gentleman, after all." He said with a grin, tossing a look at his younger sister. "Don't be wooing all the guys now, Amy!"

"Shut up, Kayden!" She said without conviction, rolling her eyes.

"Aw, my baby sis is so big," Kayne said, smirking slightly. He waved a dismissive hand. "No need, I'm not thirsty. You may go if you'd like, however."

Amethyst made her way to Myka, following his hand and giving him a smile. "Hi! I'm glad you could make it!"

Aryn giggled a little bit when she saw him bow slightly towards her before hearing everything that he said. "Well I've never seen you in a suit before so I thought that I would compliment you. I guess we can but Ana and I already got punch. We got it as we were waiting for you and Kayne to join us but we can go with you guys to get more after we finish drinking what we got and of course you are," she said in reply before looking at Arcaena to see how she would react and say to what Kayne said.

"Okay and Aryn and I already got some but I'll certainly get some more after I finish what I already have," Arcaena said in reply with a small shy smile before she looked in the direction where Amethyst was going to see Myka there with his parents.

~-~-

"Hi back to you and me too although I thought we were going to be late because my mom and dad kept fussing over my outfit and hair," Myka said in reply to Amethyst's greeting with a smile before saying with a small blush on his cheeks, "You look beautiful."

Edited by SkySong278

((Sorry))

"Well, thank you very much," Kayden said with a smile. "No worries, I'll wait until you're finished what you already have. Like Kayne said, I'm not very thirsty," He told her.

"Later then," Kayne said, sitting down beside her and propping his chin up on his hand. "When are the talks supposed to start again?" He asked his brother.

Kayden shrugged. "Probably after lunch. So, you know, we have a while. A long while."

Kayne glared venomously at his twin. "Great. I'm so excited, this is going to be great." Only Kayden picked up the sarcasm that was in his voice.

~

"Haha, I thought my mom was going to do the same thing!" Amethyst laughed, sitting down beside him. She blushed. "Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself. You want to go get punch?"

((it's okay happy.gif. I know that you've been busy but when I saw that you were on yesterday, I wanted to bump it just so that it would be easier for you to find it so when you were ready to post again in here you could smile.gif))

"You're welcome," Aryn said in reply with a smile of her own before nodding in reply to everything else he said and then drank some of her punch afterward. When she heard that it would be awhile for the peace talks because they had to eat lunch first she asked Kayden after she put her cup of punch down, "Want to go on a small walk then while we wait for lunch to be served?"

Arcaena nodded as well when she heard what Kayne said before also sipping punch from her own cup. She didn't seem to catch the sarcasm in his voice when she heard what he said in his last statement but she also wasn't really listening to that conversation. Her attention went to the perv guard that might have caused some problems for her in the dungeon had Kayne not reassigned him who she saw next to the punch bowl. She hoped that he didn't see her or drama would probably ensue.

~-~-

"I guess our parents are kind of alike in that way and thanks," Myka said in reply with his own small blush when he heard her say what she did about her mom as well as the compliment she returned to him as well as the question she asked regarding them getting some punch. "Race you there!" he called to her as he took a head start in their little race to get drinks.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Holidays... craziness... sorry))

"A walk seems lovely," Kayden said with a charming smile, standing and offering her an arm. "I know just the place to go. He chuckled, rolling his eyes as he spotted his father giving him an encouraging smile and a subtle thumbs up. The younger twin winked back, and spotted Kayne giving an exaggerated moan, having caught the two's exchange.

"Unbelievable," Kayne muttered under his breath, shaking his head. A dragon and a wyvern? It would never work. Not for lack of trying, as there was a fair share of Romeos and Juliets during the war. He supposed his twin and the dragon Aryn was the start of another one, before the blasted treaty. Though not being required to fight all the time - it would be a nice change of pace. "I hope you're not expecting me to take you on a walk," He said huffily to Arcaena, following her gaze to the guard from before. A scowl appeared across his sharp features - even he didn't like a man that took advantage of a woman. Of course, he often bullied Amethyst relentlessly, so he didn't exactly have much room to talk, but still. "Don't worry," He assured her, a slight snarl evident in his voice. "He won't bother you while I'm around." The guard, for the time being at least, seemed to be oblivious of Arcaena's presence, though his dark eyes were skimming the crowd in a predatory manner. "And since I'm your ba - erm, guard for the night, he won't get close."

~ ~ ~

"Haha, yeah," Amethyst agreed with a grin, leaping to her feet and racing after him, throwing protests his way. "Hey, you have a head start! And you're wearing pants! Just wait until we have a rematch, pal, I'll kick your butt!" She yelled at him, arriving at the punch bowl only a few seconds behind him.

Kayne watched the whole exchange with distaste, sighing. "My own sister," He sighed.

((no it's fine. I understand. Christmas at my house was also crazy since my sister came to visit but she's still here until Friday and I have to work so I've been a bit busy as well. I was just bumping it a bit to help you find the thread easier smile.gif))

Aryn nodded and then got up a few minutes after he did before putting her hand in his offered arm shortly afterward. "Oh? And where is this place or is it a secret until you take me there?" she asked curiously but also wondered if it might be the infamous "haunted" place where they, Myka, and Amethyst had met recently for one of their secret meetings. She supposed that she'd find out soon enough after they would start to head to wherever it was that they were going to go so she just waited for him to start leading the way.

"No I don't and okay I guess I won't worry too much," Arcaena said in reply as she relaxed just a bit to the point where she wasn't looking directly at him but only glancing at him every five seconds or so just to make sure she knew where he was and he wouldn't sneak up on her at all.

~~~

Myka laughed a bit when he heard everything that Amethyst said regarding them having a rematch and him getting his butt kicked. He figured that, that would be true but not until that day actually came so he wasn't going to worry to much about it as he started to fix them both a cup of punch after she had joined him at the bowl.

"What? They're just kids and I had quite a few exchanges like that when I was their age and racing," Arcaena asked and said as she heard what Kayne said regarding his sister's and Myka's exchange while racing before she finished her own punch.

"It is a surprise, my lady," Kayden said with a chuckle, leading Aryn a short ways into the woods. The chattering of a brook could be heard in the distance, and soon the trees opened to a small clearing cut in half by a clear brook running over a bed of smooth stones. "This is just a place where I like to come hang out on occasion. It's usually pretty quiet," He told her. "Pretty, right?"

"That's good," Kayne remarked, not particularly concerned. "That's not it," He said slowly. "I've never been particularly... approving of dragon-wyvern relationships." He watched his sister and her friend with slight distaste. "At least if she chose a wyvern I'd be able to keep an eye on him. I'm definitely not the model older brother, but I don't want her with just anyone either."

~

"You laugh now," Amethyst said. "You'll be bummed out later, when I beat you!" She began to prepare herself a cup of punch beside Myka. "So how do you think these negotiations will go today? Everyone seems to be getting along okay... mostly." It was true - despite the slightly tense atmosphere, there didn't seem to be outright hostility between the two species, which, in Amethyst's opinion, was a step in the right direction.

"Okay," Aryn said in reply with a smile before continuing to walk with him towards the secret place. When they got there she looked around the place and said in agreement to his question after hearing his statement, "Yes it's very pretty." She then blushed and hesitated a bit before saying as she looked at him instead of their surroundings, "There's something I'd like to tell you."

"Oh," Arcaena said in reply a bit shyly when she heard his reply to her misinterpreted statement from earlier. "I know my word probably doesn't mean anything to you but he's a nice kid and you never know. He could end up being the type of man that your sister will deserve when he grows up," she said as she looked into her empty punch cup before getting up and adding, "I'm going to get some more punch. You're welcome to join me if you want." She then walked over to the punch bowl where Amethyst and Myka were. She nodded to them in greeting before spooning some punch for herself from the second bowl that was there. She wasn't sure why his statement bothered her but it did for some weird reason.

~~~

"I wasn't laughing because of what you said but because I was having fun," Myka said in reply to what she had said earlier before hearing what else she said and asked. "Well I think that they'll go okay but I wish I could say that they would go smoothly. Yes everyone seems to be getting along for the most part," he said in reply before seeing Arcaena join them in getting some more punch. He nodded back to her in greeting before looking around the clan while drinking his own punch.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Kayden glanced down at Aryn, expression inquisitive. "Something you want to tell me? Go ahead," He said encouragingly. "There's something that I would like to tell you too," He added, looking slightly red. "But as a perfect gentleman, I must insist: ladies first."

"Perhaps," Kayne mused, watching his younger sister and the dragon boy with a displeased expression. He didn't approve of inter-species relationships at all, but unfortunately, there wasn't much he could do about it with the planned treaty. And causing trouble would have his father make sure he never became king - which was something Kayne did not want to risk. Instead, he sighed and reluctantly rose to his feet to grab a cup of punch as well. He was supposed to keep an eye on Arcaena anyways.

~

"Of course you were laughing because you were having fun. People do tend to do that," Amethyst joked, grinning as she took a sip of punch. "Mm, this is good. I wonder if Kayne spiked it. That seems like something he would do." She looked around. "Where did Kayden and Aryn go? I don't see them around here anywhere. Ohh, maybe our matchmaking finally paid off!"

Aryn nodded in reply to both of the statements that Kayden said before saying while still looking in his eyes without looking away and without hesitation, "I love you Kayden." She then waited to see what he would say in reply but couldn't help but feel a bit nervous as to what he might say, especially if it wasn't about the same emotion that she felt for him.

Arcaena got her punch before she started to drink it while staying near the table so that Kayne could find her. She saw him coming towards it with his own cup and while she had her attention be on him, she didn't notice the perv guard sneaking up on her from her left side.

~~~

"I thought you... never mind," Myka started to say in reply to Amethyst's joking statement before he stopped and didn't continue. He took a sip of his own punch before nodding in agreement to what she said about it tasting good and then had a curious expression on his face when he heard what she said next. "Why do you think he spiked it?" he asked before hearing the rest of what she said. "I saw them go into the woods to take a walk and maybe," he said in reply before taking another sip of his drink and then noticing a guard walking up to Arcaena. In case he ended up getting too close to Amethyst a bit later, although he didn't know that for sure, he moved a bit closer to her in a protective sort of way. By the expression he saw on the guy's face, he didn't trust him.

Arcaena saw Myka move to protect Amethyst out of the side of her vision and turned slightly to see the perv guard to her left. She glared at him and he just looked at her with a predatory grin before he made a move to touch her. She growled before moving quickly to knock him down and then kept him there by one of her feet against his throat but not with enough force as to kill him; just to keep him in place.

Edited by SkySong278

Kayden grinned broadly. "I love you too," He said, pulling Aryn to his chest and kissing her. "I've wanted to do that for a while now," He said upon pulling away. Suddenly, and idea crossed his mind. "You know, I think I may have figured out a way to unite our people - if you are willing to hear me out," He said. It was abrupt, sure, and he knew his parents would be shocked, but it could work - but only if Aryn accepted.

Kayne growled as the same guard he had banished from Arcaena's cell sneaked up behind her. Why was he so protective of the she-dragon. He didn't understand, but squashed down the feeling, snapping back to the present when Arcaena pinned the guard down. Striding over, he glared down at the guard, hoisting the man to his feet. "I'll take care of him. Don't wander off," He ordered, snarling harshly at the guard and all but dragging him out of the proceedings. Curious eyes followed him but no one questioned, as he was the prince and it was assumed that he was dealing some sort of discipline. Kayne made sure the guard didn't have a key before locking him in a cell. "You're staying here until the proceedings are over. We cannot risk your interference."

"You don't even want a truce!" The guard protested. "Why are you trying to protect the meeting?"

Kayne paused. "It is my duty. Besides - I do not tolerate men who disrespect women." With that he strode out, pocketing the key and returning to Arcaena. "He won't be bothering anyone for the rest of this truce," He informed her, giving no more explanation.

~

"Why do I think he spiked it?" Amethyst repeated, then shrugged. "I dunno, he's just the sort of person that would spike it just for kicks." She sniffed the drink. "I don't think it is. Kayne probably doesn't want to risk causing any trouble - he's the oldest, and he's trying to gain kingship over Kayden, even though Kayden is the favorite," She explained, giving Myka a questioning look as he moved closer. "Why are you... oh," She said as Arcaena knocked the man that had tried to sneak up to the ground. Amethyst was pretty sure she caught a protective growl from Kayne, and blinked. "What am I looking at? Is he... nah, there's no way," She said to herself. "Is it just me, or was Kayne a bit more protective than necessary?"

Aryn kissed Kayden back before hearing everything that he said after he pulled away from it. "Me too. Oh? Okay I'm interested to hear what your idea is," she said and asked in reply with a curious expression on her face as well as a smile from hearing that he loved her as well which meant that it wasn't a one-sided feeling again. She then thought back to what he said about uniting their people and she adopted a spark of excitement in her eyes when she thought what he might say but didn't say anything because she wanted to let him say it himself. "Will this idea of yours be an addition to or be a replacement of the treaty/peace talks that'll happen soon?"

Arcaena nodded in reply to what Kayne told her and watched as he took the guard away and towards the prison. She stayed where she was near the punch bowl with Amethyst and Myka and sipped her drink every few minutes or so while looking around the camp until she saw him coming back. She listened to what he said after he appeared beside her again and then said in reply, "Okay and I'm glad." She then looked a bit shy suddenly before adding a few minutes later with a small blush on her cheeks, "Thank you for taking him away. I wasn't very comfortable with him around but now I can be more so."

~~~

"Ah okay I understand," Myka said in reply before Arcaena took down the guard that he didn't trust and Kayne took him away towards the prison. "I think so but I wonder why he would be so protective all of a sudden when he usually isn't," he said in reply to Amethyst's question and then just watched Kayne and his friend closely when the other prince came back to stand beside her at the punch bowl. Then he got a look of mischief on his face as he looked between his friend and Kayne before looking at Amethyst again with a small smile. "What if we set them up by sending notes that we pen to be from both of them?"

Edited by SkySong278

"A bit of both, actually," Kayden said. "It would take some planning, which is why I think it wouldn't hurt to ask now, but..." He swallowed and dropped to a knee. "Will you marry me? Sorry, I don't have a ring, this was sorta an impromptu thing," He said apologetically. "And like I said, a wedding would take a lot of planning so it's not like it would happen right away..." Kayden continued, rambling slightly.

~

Kayne gave a slight shrug of his shoulders. "No problem," He said. He scrutinized her for several moments, brows furrowed as if he was trying to work something out. "There's something I don't understand," He said slowly. "I am known as one of the cruelest and most cunning of the wyverns, I had you locked up and tortured, and yet you still seem to tolerate - perhaps even enjoy? - my presence. Are all dragons that utterly... erm, unwise, or is it just you?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, catching himself before he snipped out an insult that could endanger the proceedings.

~

"Exactly," Amethyst said. "It doesn't make much sense." She chuckled at Myka's idea but shook her head. "Probably not the best suggestion, unless you want Kayne to rip our arms off," She chuckled. "I think the best course of action is to wait and see how everything plays out. Besides, with this truce, they'll probably be seeing a lot more of each other than before," She told him with a smirk.

Aryn looked even more curious than before when she heard what Kayden started to say before he trailed off and dropped to one knee. She covered her mouth with her hands to hide her surprise before she heard the question and everything else he said afterward. "Yes and it's okay. We can make temporary rings in the meantime and I understand," she said in reply before she knelt down in front of him and kissed him again.

~~~

Arcaena nodded before she heard everything else Kayne said and asked. "Well I don't really enjoy your presence or at least I didn't at first but I guess I just got more used to it and as for you locking me up I kind of needed that because I was out of control. I was grieving and that helped me to really think about what I did and change so I guess I should thank you for that. I didn't like the torturing but I understand that it was necessary at the time. I guess I'm a bit unwise but not everyone can be as perfect and wise as the elders of our parents," she said in reply to everything with a small shrug before going back over to the punch bowl and getting more punch to drink. She had finished what she had gotten earlier and just now realized it.

~~~

"Oh okay then I guess we should just let it play out to see how it goes between them," Myka said in reply to what Amethyst said about letting the other two figure it on for themselves before hearing what she said about them seeing a whole lot more of each other. "Yes that's true," he said in reply with a nod while watching Arcaena and Kayne closely from where he was standing next to the former.

((Sorry... out of sight, out of mind, I guess - that plus homework doesn't help my response time))

Kayden grinned, returning Aryn's kiss before lifting her off her feet and spinning her around. "I just hope our families take this okay... how should we tell them? When should we tell them, or should we just casually suggest it?" He chuckled to himself. "Then they'd probably set up Kayne with someone instead. That would be a kicker, could you imagine his face." He impersonated his brother. "Me? With a dragon? Not a chance!" He burst into laughter. "Oh, I could only imagine. His poor wife! Well, not poor, obviously, but, you know. His poor wife."

~

"And now she's thanking me for locking her up, when will the insanity end?" Kayne muttered to himself, looking faintly incredulous at Arcaena's answer. "No one can be as perfect and wise? Speak for yourself," He said with a chuckle. He stared down at his drink once she left, swirling it absentmindedly and wishing it was spiked. Considering the fact that there would be peace talks, he felt like they'd all need it - but he'd just end up getting in trouble, and the last thing he wanted was more prison duty, though he doubted that duty would be needed so much after this, if all went well, considering three-quarters of the prisoners were dragons.

~

"C'mon," Amethyst said, taking the opportunity to pull Myka away when Arcaena went for drinks, "Let's give them some space." She sat down in an empty chair and pulled him down into the one beside it. "I hope that a peace is reached, honestly. Even though I'm just an apprentice healer, I've still seen death, much more than I would like - I can only imagine all that Kayden or Kayne have seen, being revered warriors and all." She shrugged and took a sip of punch. "Speaking of Kayden, I wonder what he and Aryn are doing, it feels like they've been in the woods for a while."