nlechoppa

Spinosaurus was a quadruped?

At this point we are not really sure. The new skeleton could be a chimera between a subadult and an adult spinosaurus. My friend ray knows more about it.

I am always excited for new finds and advancement in our understanding of animal evolutionary history. But I had this one plastic toy back in the 90s and it almost feels dirty to imagine that he was wrong.

Next you'll be telling me they all had feathers. Pssssh.

I am inclined to think quadru-biped-shifter. Commonly walking on fours, occasionally rearing up to see farther, hold something in forelegs or similar.

I am inclined to think quadru-biped-shifter. Commonly walking on fours, occasionally rearing up to see farther, hold something in forelegs or similar.

That is far more likely, I agree. The fulcrum point on that bottom right one just looks like it would be easiest to go upright at times but spend more time walking on all fours.

I doubt he walked on all fours, more just kept his arms close to the ground for fish-grabbing.

I don't think the spino debate will ever be solved until we find a more complete skeleton instead of just fragments, but I'm more inclined to think that it was not a quadruped all the time.

Here is the program NOVA did about Spino and the new reconstruction! :D

As far as I'm aware the consensus is that it just had short legs, and wasn't a quadruped. Was just low to the ground.

I agree with you.Also,we all know that the Spinosaurus was living in swamps and that the veil on its back helped it in case of swimming.His body construction had to be like that,it was an adaption.

However,I strongly believe that in a fight with another dinosaur it would stand on its back limbs in order to use the claws,not only the teeth.

It still feels somehow weird knowing they would pe quadrupedal,not bipedal. Even the mixture seems weird to me xd.png

Like I said though, the quadrupedal thing has been debunked.

If you want another childhood changing one, it is currently looking like dimetrodon didnt have a full sail and just had a short sail or hump or something with big spikes sticking way up.

The papers aren't out for it yet, therefore making it doubtful that it has been debunked.