pudding

Black and White OOC

The idea of the Prophet would be one the Lady would absolutely love since it would help with instructing Apostles. She could communicate almost exclusively with the Prophet and have her guide the rest of the Apostles with orders.

The Imperator sounds interesting but his power would not be appropriate. I'd actually see there being three to five "Cardinals" over one Imperator. Cardinals would be strong Apostles charged with protecting the Prophet and make military decisions when the Prophet is unavailable. They also conduct their own research and, occasionally, will go look for Beasts to capture alive in order to better study them.

Their powers are more up to you anyway. :3 I was just giving suggestions. You do what you will with them.

So if anyone wants to who is already here, they can absolutely make a Cardinal.

Also, I modified the powers slightly of all three species, adding to them. Here's the basic run down:

Beasts are able to cannibalize their own to gain more of the Baron's energy and grow stronger. They won't evolve new skills from this but their existing skills will become greater.

Apostles are able to partially summon and de-summon their weapons at will, even if they are not close to them. This causes the Lord's energy to rush back to their bodies, at which point they can quickly activate it again. Think of it like a boomerang. They can also refrain from summoning their weapon at all and just use the power directly to attack, though it puts the energy at greater risk for being destroyed.

Disciples are able to use their power in a basic attack. They can momentarily cast some of the Baron's energy outside of their body to directly attack. This power is most affective against Apostles as it is pure energy from the Baron. Because it is smaller amounts, they do not have to worry about it being destroyed as much.

I see. Sounds pretty crazy.

But now Rylain can throw his sword out and then just pull it back.

Edited by Thaelasan

Yeah, it's just to give them some more attacks. They'd both be more advanced, most likely, because it requires a greater control of their abilities.

Just a quick question: how is the Beast consumption going to be handled? As in, how will the count of consumable Beasts be determined?

Will it be done on your part, at which point it matters only that we notice clues and mention them for our characters to take note of and consume, or will it be just something for us to do to create growth for the characters at a reasonable pace set by both our and your efforts?

Edited by KuroKishi

It would more likely be gently guided but it will mostly be up to you as long as it is at a reasonable pace. Beasts are allies so cannibalism would not be taken well. Beasts would likely only eat those significantly less powerful than them and those that are injured.

Pudding, I'm going to give it a day before I post because I want to give everyone else a chance to react to the posters and such. :I

This is my new character. I'm not going to play her yet since I still want to look over everything on the sheet a bit more.

Username: pudding

Name: Juliet Owens (Cardinal East)

Species: Apostle

Appearance: Juliet is a fit woman and rather tall, easily able to look down on most others. Her skin is light but freckled around the nose and under her eyes, as well as on the tops of her shoulders. Her eyes are green while her hair, which has been cut short, is a light red/brown color. In terms of clothing, Juliet usually dresses in many layers but is almost always seen wearing large gloves over both of her hands and a hood. Her outermost layers tend to be white and deliberately stand out so that she stands out and becomes a target for Beasts or those that may want to harm the Prophet. She wears a large crest on her clothing under her neck that is green in color and marks her as a Cardinal. The crest takes the shape of a diamond with a design on the inside vaguely resembling a spider. All Cardinals wear a similar crest, though it may be in a different location and is a different color. Cardinal East

History: Juliet Owens has been an Apostle for many years now, having been blessed in childhood by the Lord. As this was a point in the war before the Fortress was created, Juliet was taken under the wing of another Apostle and travelled across the land with him, learning how to use her weapon to fight against Beasts. Even after the Fortress was created, Juliet did not venture to it, instead staying by her teacher’s side and disposing of Beasts in lands away from the Fortress. The Lord was content with their work there and did not call them to the fortress as she did with other Apostles as Beasts terrorized other places as well. Eventually her teacher decided Juliet was trained well enough to fight on her own and sent her out to find her own apprentice. For some time, Juliet travelled alone until the Lord finally summoned her with the intention of making her a Cardinal to protect the Prophet. Obeying the Lord, Juliet finally travelled to the Fortress and was cast as a Cardinal. Since that point, she has remained at the Fortress with other Apostles, though she does have a tendency to wander.

Personality: Juliet is an unwavering and iron-fisted individual. As far as Apostles go, Juliet is one of the least religious and doesn’t bother to throw herself at the feet of the Lord. She recognizes that the gods are above them and has decided not to fight for their sake, but instead the sake of people. Those that are fanatical about the Lord, for that reason, irritate her greatly and she has trouble holding in her temper whenever Apostles or people place their trust in either god. While Juliet speaks with a great deal of elegance and charisma that one would expect of a Cardinal, she has difficulty taking her position seriously as she doesn’t care for protecting the Prophet and feels as though she could do more on her own. She does have a degree of selflessness, however, and would risk her own life to defend another human being. She believes firmly that people have to be united against any threat that they face and, when the time comes, they may have to turn against the gods themselves to defend humanity.

Weapon: The Lord’s Mercy Juliet’s weapon manifests in the form of a Haladie. This dagger possesses two opposite curving blades that extend out from a central hilt. A guard covers one side of the handle and a smaller spike is mounted on the guard piece that can act as a third blade, though smaller than the other two. The entire weapon is white, as are most weapons generated by the Lord’s power.

Her weapon is capable of increasing rapidly in temperature, causing intense burns to those it cuts. This earned the weapon it’s name as these burns also can seal wounds, preventing the wounds inflicted from bleeding profusely. This makes her weapon good very good at keeping her enemies alive while incapacitating them at the same time.

Other: The four Cardinals that protect the Prophet are named after the Cardinal directions. Being one of them, Juliet’s official title among the Apostles would be the Eastern Cardinal or, more commonly Cardinal East.

Well, I like the idea of him becoming one. He probably wouldn't be one already since he has a family and Cardinals wouldn't have time for that but he could be promoted. Maybe the Baron launches a tactical strike on the Apostles and manages to kill one of the Cardinals. Then the Lord can pick out Rylain to be the next one.

EDIT:

Also, actual footage of the Disciples:

user posted image

Edited by pudding