pudding

Black and White OOC

Esko, we don't have enough space for another Disciple right now. We'd need more Apostles since the ratios have to be less than or equal to one half. Disciples are supposed to be rarer so I've been careful about who is reserving what.

Also, that power would be problamatic for the rp. Size changing wouldn't work that well in this setting. Your other character, however, is accepted.

I edited it to say he was DYING, not dead. He still had scraps of life remaining.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And you said "about 19" in your age, so I said 20.

Esko, I didn't know you were so nitpicky. :3c

Strange.

Also, if we EVER need more Apostles, I'll be more than happy to oblige. :3c I mean, it's not gonna hurt me to have more characters. Just means my posts will be longer.

Much... much longer.

Edited by Thaelasan

We don't need them right now, we just need to keep the number of Disciples low. They're supposed to be few in number so I want that to be reflected in the ratios.

Anyway, go post! We're starting this puppy!

Also, hilarious reference. I personally was thinking

user posted image

I HAD JUST BEEN TALKING TO SOMEONE, RIGHT AFTER POSTING THE PRINCESS BRIDE GIF, THAT I LIKED IT SECOND ONLY TO MONTY PYTHON, MY FAVORITE MOVIE.

PUDDING NO YOU CANNOT BE THAT PSYCHIC STOP.

Monty Python is my jam. But I totes am psychic.

Okay, so for the record: the Baron is the much more talkative god. Disciples and Beasts will hear his voice more often than Apostles will hear the Lord. Apostles are lucky if they hear the Lord speak to them after she makes them Apostles. Humans wouldn't really hear her voice at all.

Understandable. But did I get her personality right?

For the Lady - Laedel - I like to think she considers all life her children, from the trees, to the animals, to the humans especially. She hates sending them off and despises seeing them die. It actually wounds her emotionally when she watches death. However, she believes it is improper to take more of a hand in mortal affairs than is just, so she tries not to meddle in them unless the Baron begins something. I also think it was the Baron who began the war, and the Lady is defensive against it.

The Baron, however, loves to meddle in mortal affairs. He believes life is a flaw, a curse, and hates that mortals prefer to pray to Laedel than him. As such, he is more likely to force than coerce, and take a more dominate role in most affairs.

Actually, it's kind of the opposite.

The Baron does tend to look at Disciples as his children. He doesn't really care about Beasts since they are dead but he likes Disciples on the whole and wants them to like him in return. He would be more than happy to have them all play house together and wants to see them happy, even if he isn't sure how to accomplish that. His opinions on humans is a bit like how humans regard ants. While he finds them amusing, he isn't worried about crushing them to further his goals. That's why the Beasts constantly kill humans and he doesn't try to stop it. He doesn't really force so much as he does things on a whim and expects humans to just agree with it. His actions with both Miles and Geralt were spur of the moment and he expected them to approve since he prevented their deaths.

The Lord, on the other hand, views Apostles as a king might view his subjects. While she recognizes they are important, she cannot help but see them as existing on a level below her. She brings them to life and for that reason, feels as though they should naturally look up to her as a goddess. Countless have died already so she's more desensitized to death. It is correct that she dislikes to meddle, though, hence why she hasn't taken action aside from creating Apostles and won't take additional action until the Baron makes his move. She doesn't force because she doesn't have to force-humans naturally agree to help her. The few that don't usually pass under her radar.

In terms of starting the war, it is unclear who began it but it was the Baron's idea to shift it to Earth. The Lord agreed because their hatred is mutual and their previous fights got nowhere.

Hopefully the Lady changes in some way. That doesn't sound like a good God at all... which... to be honest, is part of the story... But if people found out that she's actually so careless about their well-being....

Something Leonard would probably found out and be unwilling to share, most likely.

But damn... There's gotta be a way to change her mind...

Yes, while the Lord is usually favored for representing life, neither of them are really good or evil.

I would encourage Leonard to discover texts about the Lord revealing this kind of information. It would be interesting to see his response to that kind of revelation.

Maybe one of the Disciples could supply it. They'd absolutely have ancient texts on both gods and the Baron doesn't really care how normal people perceive him so he'd keep them all. He'd actually probably find it hilarious and show it off to the Disciples. I can just imagine him laughing hysterically at the interpretations of himself and the Lord.

Just saying it here, I was serious in the IC. I spent almost an hour writing that, and now it's all gone.

Dammit.

In any case, that does sound like a glorious idea. I'll see what I can do.

Don't worry, I'm working on my post now. I know the pain all too well so I'm more than willing to let it slide.

I just really want Miles to be completely wrecked by the Apostles at some point. I feel like as the Disciple most loyal to the Baron, he needs to take a beating. Maybe it would encourage him and Geralt to have a bonding moment too.

My plan was actually for - after lunch - one of the Apostles to come back saying he'd seen some Beasts moving nearby. Concerned, Rylain says this will be a great opportunity for the group to work together.

Of course, they meet with Miles and Geralt. If Ellis accompanies them too, secretly, that'd be amazing. She'd see Geralt and be like WHAT

Or perhaps when they come back from fighting Miles and Geralt, they explain what they looked like, and Ellis looks up in confusion and then tugs on Rylain's shirt and tries to explain to him that she knows that person.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I might hold off on Miles getting wrecked until a later meeting between them, though. I'm not sure yet.

Of course. It's your decision.

I'll be writing another of Forth's stories soon, the next chapter.

See, there's also the ones I put in front of my posts sometimes to make them longer, so if you want to add those too, you can. But sometimes I like to write them if they have something to do with the story itself.

You may remember the ones I did for Ezrea and Gareth if you were in that RP.

GOD I MISS EZREA....

On another note, one of these days, I'm going to shamelessly make

of one of my characters, and not care if someone calls me an over-the-top weeb.

Which I honestly wouldn't care about anyway, to tell the truth. I'm pretty sure my signature and avatar speak volumes about that. Tohka Tohka Tohka.

My plan was actually for - after lunch - one of the Apostles to come back saying he'd seen some Beasts moving nearby. Concerned, Rylain says this will be a great opportunity for the group to work together.

Of course, they meet with Miles and Geralt. If Ellis accompanies them too, secretly, that'd be amazing. She'd see Geralt and be like WHAT

Or perhaps when they come back from fighting Miles and Geralt, they explain what they looked like, and Ellis looks up in confusion and then tugs on Rylain's shirt and tries to explain to him that she knows that person.

Mr. Eskoson likes idea number two

I mostly just feel like for their first meeting, the Disciples have to get the upper hand. If they don't make themselves a threat, there won't be any reason for the Apostles to worry about them. They have to be deemed dangerous.

Or maybe you meant for the Baron to look more like this.

user posted image

Lich King was great.

Edited by Thaelasan

The picture is blocked, but I'm guessing it's from WoW

EDIT: The Disciples don't have to get the upper hand on the Apostles in order to prove their a threat. They just need to be significantly harder to defeat, probably drawing the attention from the Apostles deeming them as a problem.

Edited by SULDhasno

Yes it is from WoW. Good job, Suld. I like you already.

I love WoW... such a good game. No matter what people say, it was well-done, especially Wrath and Warlords.

And you're right. They just have to prove themselves.

By the way, pudding, did you expect the Geralt plot twist?

I expected it but not yet. I could tell it was in his future, though.

Also, I'm going to need solo command of both gods from this point onward. I'll say if they can be controlled by others but for plot reasons, I'll need solo control for a while.

EDIT: Also, I've decided that if the gods ever possess someone, markings like a mask would appear on their host's face and their eyes would glow. So, for example, the Baron possessing somebody would cause a skull marking to appear. I'm still deciding on what marking would appear if the Lord ever possessed somebody.

For example, here would be the Baron possessing Miles:

Skull markings

Edited by pudding

I just wish the Lady would talk more often. Her voice is probably beautiful....

Like not in an attractive way, or maybe it is. You know what I mean. It sounds omnipotent, caring, full of life, like every word is a celebration of birth, life, light, strength, honor. It's a symphony of existence.

That's true but it would be hard for her to do so. She has more intelligent troops than the Baron and has to not only watch over them, but everything going on. She probably spoke more in the past but right now, she is personally investigating the Baron and trying to figure out what he is up to. These gods aren't omnipotent or omnipresent so she can't focus on everything at once.

Yes it is from WoW. Good job, Suld. I like you already.

I love WoW... such a good game. No matter what people say, it was well-done, especially Wrath and Warlords.

And you're right. They just have to prove themselves.

By the way, pudding, did you expect the Geralt plot twist?

Yeah thanks but I don't directly play Wow I've only seen a bit of gameplay and the lich king teaser but it does look like a fun game. Reminds me of Starcraft. Which is also a fun game. So I really don't know much.