pudding

Black and White OOC

(( Kuro this isn't Skype don't use my real name jeez.

Nah you know I don't care.

I just like the idea of playing a Disciple who doesn't want to be a Disciple. It's an obvious choice, but there are multiple ways of doing it. Maybe they're (trigger warning) suicidal? Or maybe they're hopeful? Maybe they appreciate the curse and use it as a weapon and turn on their own Disciples while trying to save themselves?

Many ways to do it. ))

(( Ah, shite, I'll get that in a second.

What I was thinking about in particular was a line in your character's bio - namely Sir Rylain Almont's - where you mentioned that he is fighting against comrades of his past in order to see them laid to rest yet again.

From here, I was wondering if I could make a character that was somehow related to yours before the actual fight and had died earlier, but was resurrected as a Disciple now. How about it? ))

Edited by KuroKishi

(( That depends, Esko:

A. Do you have a pre-determined personality in mind for either of them? Gender? History? Appearance?

B. What are your plans for them or are you just throwing them into the ring?

C. How do they interact with each other?

D. Do you have planned love interests for them or are they free to mingle? (Because then if I made Winlain, then the Disciple or the Apostle could  be female, and end up with him. OH GOD THAT MEANS THAT AN ACTUAL EVIL DISCIPLE TWIN COULD BE BROUGHT TO HER SENSES BY HIM OR AN APOSTLE OF GOOD COULD TRY TO SAVE HIM NOOO YOU'RE BRINGING IDEAS INTO THIS.)

E. Do you have planned weapons for them? ))

((Answers

A. Not really. I'll let you create a history (since I am terrible at making them). But Personality depends. I may make my twon have difficulty speaking, so maybe that will affect things. With genders and appearance, I am stuck between a male and female or two males. I would say they look similar? What suggestions for appearance do you have?

B. Plans....I dunno, mostly throwing them in and watching them run around. I wanna collaborate with you on this, so I am letting you have a say

C. I would imagine them close to each other, like a strong sibling bond. That's where the drama comes in, since they're on opposing sides now.

D. NOOOO AW DAMN NOW I WANT ROMANCE. Screw two males, I'm playing a female xd.png

Though whoever not paired with your guy is free to mingle

E. If I were to play an Apostle, I would do an epic ass scythe. If I were to play a Disciple, I would so do epic beams of awesomeness.

Okay, I want the female Apostle. Sorry, you get a Disciple xd.png))

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

(( Sounds fine.

And originally, Winlain Almont was going to be a Disciple, so you could play him. He's Rylain's brother, who may or may not have died during one conflict, so it's up to you how he came to be.

You can have him, I suppose.

As for a male Disciple twin... hmmm.... ))

Having a Disciple that doesn't want to be one would be interesting in this setting. While it is obvious, it can go a lot of places such as their interactions with other Disciples and their interactions with Apostles. I would be very interested in how they would deal with their powers.

If this is helpful, this is how I imagine the power works for Disciples vs Apostles:

For Apostles, The Lord uses a fraction of her energy and blesses the human with it. This involves the outer layer of their body being coated in a small layer of her energy. When in use, the energy moves from the outside of their body to a hardened form, manifesting as an object for use. This helps keep strain off of the human as it doesn't affect their body personally and doesn't risk injuring them as a form of backlash. Keeping their weapon constantly activated is difficult for them as the power is still bound to them and needs to be recharged by resting. If overused, the weapon will automatically break apart and return to it's owners skin and be unable to activate naturally for a short time. Basically, they are cloaked by the Lord's energy.

For Disciples, the Baron cuts open the human and inserts a greater amount power directly into their heart. This causes his energy to consume their core and flow through their blood. Because of this, Disciples do not use their energy in the form of a weapon, but rather their entire body is used by the energy as a weapon. This allows them to use the powers that the Apostle's weapons would normally gain. However, side affects of this mean that their bodies directly face the repercussions that the Apostles's weapons would usually absorb for them. While their powers are greater on a whole, they risk many dangerous side affects like internal bleeding and passing out. Since it naturally resides in their body, their power has no "shut off" switch. However, if they are unable to keep their power in check themselves, it can overrun their body and take over control. This means Disciples naturally have to keep their abilities in check or risk losing themselves to it.

Also, Kuro, Disciples have to be alive when they are changed. They can be left for dead or close to death but they still have to have blood moving through their veins and a soul still attached to their body.

Another thing I plan to write as Forth:

"To understand why we still require death, understand why we value life. You value a belonging because you have a chance to lose it. Subconsciously, you understand that that item has a limit, a durability, or perhaps gains the attention of someone else. You can lose that, and because of that, it gains more desire from you. Humanity is cursed with want, a curse we have possessed since our birth.

And yet, why do we love life so? Why, to us, is life so necessary? Because it allows us to exist, of course. Because without life, there would be no experience, no understanding, no love, no emotion, no being. Life is the essence and foundation of humanity's growth. We were born. We live. And for now, we must die. We must have death.

Because of death, we value life. Why would you value something you cannot lose? You take it for granted. You don't fully enjoy it. In order to enjoy life, there must always be the risk of death.

So, though it is a depressing fact of existence, the Baron is a necessary evil, or perhaps good. We view him as the enemy, yet our own god forces her creations to face the damned in order to determine a victor. I know it is blasphemous, but from an outside point of view, who is truly bad or good here?

Though I will admit, the Baron cannot be forgiven for his abominations upon life. He has overstepped his boundaries. He has tormented and twisted creatures of flesh to suit his own purposes and turned life from a gift to a prison. I am not saying that his cause is just. But neither is ours. We are simply doing what we must.

I am pleading to you all, from this text, that if the time comes, and the Lady or one of her followers can plunge a blade into the Baron, you must remember the repercussions. There must be another way. We must achieve peace.

For now, we fight.

But later, we must ponder.

- Brother Forth, A Necessary Evil. ))

I'm vaguely interested. Since I didn't get to use her much, I'm considering of reviving a former Harbinger of mine. Thael, you know her. My little Argia. She'd fit best as a Disciple with a death related power. I'd also likely bring Gerra back as a Beast with war-like power if allowed.

(( Not to bring back bad blood, but I'm surprised you even wish to acknowledge my presence after how we left off a long time ago with the Rose fiasco and such.

Which brings back bad memories to me and makes me wonder if I still hold that grudge or not all things considering. ))

So in other news, this is officially designated as the OOC and I'm going to start up the IC when either Esko, SULD, Kuro or Raven makes their reserved characters. Just so we can get things rolling soon.

Thael, are you and Narvix alright?

Edited by pudding

Don't worry everyone. We'll be fine. On my end, I have no issues with Narvix any longer. So let's just get this underway.

Edited by Thaelasan

Alright, that's up to you Thael since you were here first. We just need one more person to submit a sheet and we'll be cool. For now, I'm probably going to close this since we have a lot of interested people.

Found inspiration. Sort of

Username: Esko_the_Wolf

Name: Ellis Skarsgard

Species: Apostle

Appearance: Ploop. The other twin can be based off of this, or if Thael wants, I can change it. She is rather short, at about 5'2", and there is a scar (or something) on her neck.

History: Thael decides. It has to involve Ellis getting her throat damaged though :c

Personality:

With impaired speech, getting thoughts out is very hard. This makes her a shy and introverted girl, but it came with advantages. Her chance to still 'speak' came in paper and pencil- the greatest tools of a creative thinker. With a pencil or piece of burnt wood, she could write her thoughts and display wonderful ideas generated by her intelligent brain. She absolutely loves to doodle. On good days, you can find her making countless doodles in the dirt or drawing on walls- just about anywhere can you find a doodle of hers.

Weapon: "Lights' Tooth" a deadly war style scythe with a faint glow. It is taller than her at about 5'9". The blade looks to be made of solid ivory, and the handle made from a sort of redwood. It can shine a bright light and dull at her will, which can both blind enemies and be a substitute for a flashlight

Power:

Other:

I also wants a light wolf companion

And a talking rock

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Why can I just imagine the Baron in the final battle being all majestic and scary and everyone is gearing up to fight him. But he suddenly starts talking about his super secret special weapon and everyone gets really scared. From out of nowhere he just gets this thing covered with a sheet and he pulls it away. But instead of being anything scary it's literally just a rock with google eyes glued on it and it talks. Literally does nothing else but he's so proud. Even the Disciples are kind of shrugging their shoulder like they don't know what the heck is wrong with the Baron.

Anyway, what kind of power are you thinking about giving her weapon? Clearly something involving light but did you have anything specific in mind?

Username: Thaelasan

Name: Geralt Skarsgard

Species: Disciple.

Appearance: Berserking form: When the gift was given, his body began to reject it. Of course, this had its downsides. Whatever remained of his physical form became green, twisted, and corrupt. Spikes emerge from his back where flesh once was, causing him agonizing pain each day. His teeth have elongated, forming a maw of madness. His eyes are black, with no iris to speak of. He looks primitive, alien, and horrifying. The only thing that truly remains of his original form is his hair, white like his sister's, which contrasts with the rest of his body, and falls haggard down his mutated form.

Non-Berserk: He resembles his twin sister, in that he has pale skin and his white hair is less haggard, but if he removes his shirt, there are scars on his back where the blades entered his body, and the scar upon his chest where the Baron touched him.

History: Geralt was fascinated with medical science before his mutation. He experimented upon the living, trying desperately to find the method by which to cause immortality, something which would have been considered a boon by mankind predating the apocalypse.

But he failed continuously, thanks to the intervention of the Baron. Then, the Baron continued to plague him, driving the man into a rage. While berserking, Geralt struck against his beloved sister and carved a line of flesh across her throat before stumbling backward and nearly dying, his own medical equipment shoving into his backside and scarring his body. The acids which burned his form did not stop the Baron from bringing him back, certain that this once medical genius would be a suitable addition to his army.

His rebirth was agonizing, and continues to torment him to this day. The holes on his back where he was stabbed are now replaced by spikes reminiscent of the equipment which ruptured his flesh. The greenish yellow color of the acid has become the color of his skin. Where his flesh was burned, it is now corrupt and black. He no longer resembles a man, a fitting fate for one who attempted to defy death.

Personality: He has forgotten his true purpose. His only guiding force is the hand of the Baron and fragments of his past life. He remembers a girl, with white hair like his own, and believes finding her will reveal more about himself. He despises his own existence each day he awakens and has begged for something to kill him, but each time he dies, the Baron simply brings his broken body back to life, giving him a mockery of his immortality.

Power: A berserking form, forced by the Baron. When extremely anxious or upon seeing an Apostle, he is forced into the form. Spikes jut painfully from his backside, from the scars where he was killed, and his blood burns like acid.

Other: "Please... deliver me from my fate, my beloved sister.... Bring me peace... Please..."

Edited by Thaelasan

Okay, so the thing about Geralt is the Baron wouldn't be able to bring him back each time or, at least, not the same. He might be a god but souls require a living vessel to use so he can't just shove them into things willy-nilly. When he creates Beasts, he's using living bodies and occupying them with a dead soul. The dead soul becomes it's power source and his will while the old soul(s) are consumed by the stronger deceased soul powered by the Baron's will. Basically, when someone dies here, their body stays dead. Their soul can be revived but in a newer body. These would also count as Beasts because the deceased souls they are powered by makes them unstable and more animalistic.

Basically, in order for them to be Disciples, they have to be living and remain living. If they die, the Baron can only bring them back as Beasts. If they don't die, he can heal them with his energy but as soon as they cross that boundary, they can only return as Beasts. Also, the Baron would not likely keep a Disciple mutilated to that extent because he wants them to be able to blend in. If he looked unnatural, it would be harder to hide him.

Hrm. That does present a problem. I don't want him to be considered a Beast.

The whole thing behind his background was that the Baron was punishing him for his defiance... So what would you suggest? That he takes that form when he berserks or something? That's his power? A hulking, acidic form covered in spikes?

Actually, that's not too bad.

Edited sheet for Berserking form.

Edited by Thaelasan

That's a good idea. The Baron would be really happy as well for showing that neither Apostles or Disciples are human any longer. He's all about that symbolism.

As soon as Esko edits his sheet or someone else posts theirs, we can start! Or tomorrow morning. Whichever comes first.

Edited by pudding

Username: Thaelasan

Name: Brother Leonard Forth

Species: Human. Devoted to the Lady of Life.

Appearance: Oh look. I actually have a picture for once.

History: Brother Forth is no stranger to time or death. He has seen much of the world, and possesses great wisdom because of it. He always enjoyed writing, and thus, because he could no longer lift a weapon in battle or fight as well as he once he could, he spends his days translating and writing texts concerning the Lady and the Baron.

It is with the hope that the more information the people understand about the pair, the more they understand the grave nature of it. For if a person understands war, they understands the consequences, and make better choices.

Personality: He acts as the father/grandfather figure to the children under his care, and a friend to those who know him. He is slow to anger, and does not judge. He is known to take time to deliberate over a decision for a while before making a choice. He has a laugh that is almost famous throughout the fortress for easing tension and making others laugh along.

Weapon: Well, the pen IS mightier than the sword, but that's about the only weapon he has.

Other: "Ah, would you care to hear a story, young one?"

Ok, getting my sheets up.

Username:SULDhasno

Name:Miteki Saikiya

Appearance: He is a little on the tall side, especially if you count the hair he has (Spiky, like very spiky, as in like it could act as a weapon spiky) which makes him look quite a bit taller than he actually is. He has dark brownish hair and a set of brown eyes to go match with the hair. He generally wears a short-sleeved shirt of varying colours (Normally it's a turquoise lightish blue) and some jeans to go with it. As with all Apostles he has the star mark on his right hand (Which he finds annoying and weird).

History: A fairly standard childhood life, until of course his dad just had to experience a near-death-experience with a Beast like thingy (Of course Miteki is a badass so he saved him), which of course caused Miteki to you know, accept this whole I'm-a-magical-kid thingy, although he really doesn't enjoy that star on his right hand.

Personality: A very not-very-serious person, he tends not to freak out when faced with a life and death situation (what, he did save his dad from a Beast like thingy), in fact he never freaks out. No matter what, he never freaks out. It is impossible. So in place of not freaking out, he is a very relaxed and carefree person. If he is not that, he is bored. He does look a little bit intimidating, especially with that I-don't-really-care face that he usually has on, but on the contrary is actually quite a nice guy. Unless you're one of those Beast thingies, then he is not a very nice guy. If you are one of those Beast thingies, he is a merciless (and badass in a bad way) killing machine. Also, he can be an intelligent person though his mental maturity is way off. He is very impulsive.

Weapon: The Purifier (oh yea)- A set of two handgun like weaponry that, yes, shoot bolts of purifying light (duh). The weapons give him enhanced speed and reflexes, and can also fire quite quickly depending on how fast he pulls the trigger. The projectiles are fairly powerful, and can activate two special bolts that 'tag' its target, giving him even more speed and slows the target down.

Power: None

Other:

I shall see if I can make the second sheet now

Username:SULDhasno

Name:Talia Keithsman

Appearance: She has long chestnut-like hair that she usually keeps up in a ponytail, and to go with that she has grey eyes. She is tall, though not nearly as tall as her friend (that is Miteki if you were wondering) but looks twice as intimidating. She, instead of having a carefree or bored expression on her face has a very solemn one instead. Which makes her very intimidating. She normally just wears a T-shirt and jeans. The jeans are blue and the T-shirt varies in colour.

History: Mother died at birth and father ran away soon after. She was picked up by a childless mother and father, and raised there, befriending Miteki, and of course becoming an Apostle.

Personality:She is a very serious person. That sums up her personality. Not the type you want to mess around with, because that would probably mean death. Anyone who manages to get past all that seriousness and earns her loyalty (some call that becoming friends, I'm not sure what she calls it) will have a very fearsome person on their side. She is a very loyal person to her 'friends' I shall call them. She never laughs as well. If you can make her life you can die happy.

Weapon: Ember Bow- A bow. But a really cool one. First of all, it doesn't need arrows. Simply pulling the string causes one to pop up. But this is of course no ordinary arrow, instead it is more like a really, really fast projectile of ember that resembles an arrow. This bow gives her the ability to move a lot faster, as well as enhancing her senses, making her the more keeping-distance-while-annihilating-your-enemies type. The arrow can also charge up, becoming a much stronger, faster and explosive projectile that resembles an arrow, in turn sacrificing her time and speed (momentarily).

Power: None

Other: Yes, I know. I love my smoke and ember powers because I also love inFamous second son

Edited by SULDhasno

Why can I just imagine the Baron in the final battle being all majestic and scary and everyone is gearing up to fight him. But he suddenly starts talking about his super secret special weapon and everyone gets really scared. From out of nowhere he just gets this thing covered with a sheet and he pulls it away. But instead of being anything scary it's literally just a rock with google eyes glued on it and it talks. Literally does nothing else but he's so proud. Even the Disciples are kind of shrugging their shoulder like they don't know what the heck is wrong with the Baron.

Anyway, what kind of power are you thinking about giving her weapon? Clearly something involving light but did you have anything specific in mind?

Oh my god that would be hilarious

Her power? Hrum.....dunno. What options are there?

Anyway, do I have to make a sheet for my rock?

Well, a talking rock wouldn't fit in the story at this point so if we would do that, it'll have to be later on.

The weapons all come with one active ability. In Quinn's case, her knuckles can be used to manipulate gravity. So for the scythe, you could make it glow bright to blind people or something like that. It's up to you what you want the power to be.

Edited in her power

Thael, the sheet for her brother still says that he died and was brought back as a Disciple.

Do you want me to just write {See Geralt} for her history?

I'm aware of the sheet but it's fine. We know what he means and his sister would have thought he died anyway.

Do you want me to just write {See Geralt} for her history?

I'm aware of the sheet but it's fine. We know what he means and his sister would have thought he died anyway.

Ah. Yeah, just write that

Wait, can you change Ellis' age to 20? It says 20 on Geralts' sheet and 19 on Ellis', and they're twins

Nevermind, no Disciple at the moment

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf