Laugh

ANSWERED:[Suggestion] Bring back scheduled releases?

"Don't we have a thread for this?"

Naw something similar though: here.

Thought I'd make this thread since the other is not proposing it back, but rather days in advancement. Tbh, this doesn't really benefit me as I am not currently partaking in the releases myself. I thought this would be okay to make and see what the community thinks about bringing back scheduled releases with the exact time and date.

I'm not bothered one way or another. As long as we get releases frequently I'm a happy individual.

I would prefer scheduled ones, too. If TJ told us relase day and hour I would be more relaxed and I wouldn't care even if it's in the middle of the week. Of course we want monthly relases, but for someone who miss them they're only a burden.

Edited by Naruhina_94

I would MUCH prefer a return to to scheduled monthly Releases, if TJ's schedule allowed for this.

A heads-up several days in advance would be better than nothing, but what about people planning a camping trip or whatever, where it could be done over different week-ends, and they miss the Release, through not knowing?

So many people only check in and come here for Releases now - if too many keep missing the Releases, they may wind up not bothering even to check in, especially if any more dragons 'go rare' afterward, so they can't get them at all... whereas if Releases were scheduled, then people would know when to show and still be in the habit of being here, at least at particular periods.

I did prefer the scheduled releases, but, if I remember correctly, wasn't the reason they were changed because TJ got bored with them?- It might be hard to convince him if he doesn't want to run his game that way.

I did prefer the scheduled releases, but, if I remember correctly, wasn't the reason they were changed because TJ got bored with them?- It might be hard to convince him if he doesn't want to run his game that way.

True, but a lot of the people who are unhappy with random/too few Releases and other things either aren't on or aren't bothering to post/check the forums - and I know a lot of people who were once addicts aren't on any more and with whom I miss chatting... the community is/was a big part of this place...

I'd like them to come back myself. I don't particularly like not being able to be sure that I won't need to keep my slots open when I'm doing breeding projects or the like, particularly when the projects can be a tad difficult to continue.

Personally,I'm happy with any type of release as long as it is during weekends and not in the middle of the week.As I remember,the last release wasn't on a weekend and I almost missed it :c

Also,I think about these unscheduled releases as they would be random new dragon breed discoveries ^^

I'd prefer scheduled releases as well. I'm aware that TJ is very busy and may not always have time to prepare for a release, but it would be nice to have them back.

I support this so very, very much. I *hate* random releases.

Reposting what I said in the other thread: While I personally liked knowing when a release would be, it made catching the new release almost impossible for me during the first 6-12 hours, especially since the release time got changed from midnight to noon. Since we went back to random releases, they have become easier to catch for me (it's still hard and takes patience, but at least it's not impossible anymore). So I prefer the releases we have now.

I'd prefer a schedule as I can get quite busy with two kids. Barring an actual release schedule, I'd like to at least have a message or something say "hey release on such and such day" somewhere that way I can clear a time.

Recent Releases have, thank goodness, been Commons for long enough that many people are now at least somewhat less frantic about grabbing as many as they can of them immediately in case they disappear in going rare and I've even seen people confidently assert that they'd be able to grab New Releases later, so I wonder how much that might have to do with people on slower systems having less trouble catching them... that and the day-time Releases being more difficult for some, even though the midnight times were for others, not to mention more people missing the actual Flood period...

Obviously, no matter how new dragons are Released, any given time or scheduling/non-scheduling will foul up some and suit others, and all I can say, speaking for myself, that I personally much preferred scheduled monthly midnight Releases, while realizing that they may not be feasible, and would at least like to know when it's safe to try to hunt or breed on weekends.

(And my freaking wireless seems to be more often off or low than on today, after such good behaviour lately for so long - would really tend to assume, between that and sucky breeding, that we'd get a Release for sure this weekend, lol.)

I prefer scheduled releases, they are better to plan my activities so I can accomodate everything I have to do in my life and still catch the release of a new dragon.

Random releases.. I HATE them

Heads-up before a release.. better then nothing, but still not good enough

Scheduled Releases.. PLEASE bring them back.

Between my own lineage projects and the multi-player breeding projects I belong to, I never know when it's safe to breed. It's not so bad for my own projects, but I don't like holding up or disappointing other players. I also have breeding requests that need to be done, and it's not nice to make other players choose between the gifts I send and new release eggs.

Things were so much less stressful with Scheduled Releases.

Random releases.. I HATE them

Heads-up before a release.. better then nothing, but still not good enough

Scheduled Releases.. PLEASE bring them back.

I feel exactly the same.

Personally,I'm happy with any type of release as long as it is during weekends and not in the middle of the week.

Agreed. I'm fine with the game as it is, but scheduled releases would still be nice.

I'm against scheduled releases now, in the beginning I was against Random releases but after going through a few Random releases, I'm now all for them

my internet is so-so (not bad but not good) and Random releases are so easy for me, where as scheduled releases were hard for me until 12+ hours in

I really enjoy unannounced/unscheduled Releases - even though I was late to the party for the June Release, it made it seem more 'special' than, 'Oh, it's the second Saturday of the month, there'll be a Release today at noon." It's just a pleasant surprise to have unannounced Releases. In very own humble opine.

It feels like lately that it's falling into the last Saturday of the month, so I knew there would be a release yesterday since there wasn't one earlier in the month. But, I can see why this would be difficult for casual players who would need to remember to check in every weekend as opposed to every month.

Personally, while I have nothing against how things are run right now, I have a slight preference for knowing when we might expect new eggs.

I know people are on both sides of this and I dont have an opinon but we kinda in a way do have a sceduled release, ever since random release the non holidays have come out the last weekend in the month every single time.

I'm of the opinion that scheduled or at least announced releases should be back.

Sure, my interest slowly waned during the year of regular releases, but said interest simply vanished when it switched to a random model - I don't have the time or patience to be on DC every Saturday midnight to see if something is being released.