skwerl56767

[Open] Eclipse OOC Thread

Concerning the play style of the RP, what do you think would be the best way to play?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*facepalm* Excuse me, yes, you may have Berserker. xd.png I'll add the Wolf of Space then!

It looks good Capella! I'll add your character to the reserved post. Let's see, we have Time, Space, Lightning, and Pyro just claimed Clouds, so once both Time and Clouds have character sheets filled out I think I'll put up the IC thread! The other four wolves will remain up for grabs throughout gameplay.

Edited by skwerl56767

We probably want more wolves under the Sun Wolf before starting. Otherwise, I'm the only one... And if the Sun's wolves are going to be trying to question the moon's wolves... Let's just say that Spacey isn't the right wolf for that particular job.

Plus, if Lightning and Clouds start in different realms, then they have nobody to interact with at the beginning of the RP.

I'd like to question how Dark's Teleport ability works. Does the character slip through shadows to a new place, or are they disguising themselves in shadow and creating an apparition of shadows in the new place? The former seems like a better way of doing it, but the latter would explain 'endurance roll says how long it lasts'.

If it's more of a shadow-tunelling and the character actually physically teleports... why would it have an 'it lasts this long'? What would happen when it ran out?

It might make more sense for a speed roll to determine how fast the teleportation actually is. I mean, obviously it's faster than just walking/flying/floating/running/whatever mode of transportation is common, but how much faster? It could take the normal time if you ran it and divide that by a speed roll.

Just throwing thoughts out there. xd.png

Replying to let you know Pyro has edited their first post to include the Wolf of Clouds' profile, apparently.

Thank you Capella, I'll take a look over it.

If you feel that it would benefit the gameplay if we waited a bit longer Zed then I don't have much problem with that. I was mostly jumping ahead because I didn't want to leave you guys hanging around, waiting to do something with your characters. Also I'm anxious to get started. xd.png

With Teleport, I can see the confusion. I'll try to explain as best as I can:

Teleport just means that your character quickly zips from one place to the next; sort of like Endermen in Minecraft, where they just go "Poof!" and they're in a different place. I never considered the aesthetics of it so I guess it can be whatever the player envisions it to look like-glowy, shadowy, or whatever. xd.png But when a player Teleports they gain a "momentum" that can allow them to Teleport multiple times in a row without using up Energy, which I figured would be useful since Teleport can only extend so far(about as far out as someone can see in front of them, so teleporting through a forest for example would be difficult). The Endurance roll is made to determine how long this "momentum" will last, because once the momentum runs out, the character has to use up Energy to Teleport again. Though, I wrote this out back when using any Elemental Ability would cost 3 Energy instead of just 1 for a directed ability(Teleport is counted as a direct ability because it is Dark's Defense), so I might nerf Teleport a bit to balance things out again since the cost isn't as high. It won't change how the characters work, so luckily nothing will have to be changed sheet-wise.

Poke. Anyone else interested in joining? I'd rather have an IC up with only a few players than a bunch of players sitting around doing nothing.

Woo, back! My RAF camp was awesome!

I probably won't be as active as I may have been before due to obsessive playing of TF2 and Portal 2 with a new friend I made on camp, but I'm ready to play as soon as anyone else is.

I think it would make for a better RP if we had about three more people, but it's probably playable now and playable well with one or two more people.

Welcome back! c:

I don't think anyone else will join soon, but the other characters will be available throughout play, so I'll put up the IC thread pretty soon here. I have a fairly good idea about how we'll do this, but I've never RPed in this style before on the internet so uh... I guess we'll see. xd.png I've updated one of the FAQ questions on how I think we'll be doing this, but it's subject to improvisation along the way. Basically everyone starts out with a regular introductory post and things will go from there with the RGN and all of that stuff.

Shameless double-post.

The IC thread is up! Important OOC information will be in braces for convenient spotting, just so you guys know.

Edited by skwerl56767

Update: Edited the "When in Battle" section so hopefully it's clearer about how the system will work. I'm also fleshing out some details in the inner workings of the RP(like what items are available and how they will be handed out) so we don't encounter bumps in the future. If anyone wants to suggest something to be added-an item, or monster, or whatever-go right ahead! I'm going to leave plenty of room for more additions.