Mistress of Whispers

Heads up before a release

I'd love to have scheduled releases back but if not that at least a "heads up" 3 days before a release would be great.

I keep seeing this pop up, and the only thing I can think of is that this would give the people who decided not to look one blazing hell of a disadvantage, haha. Anywho, my personal opinion is to leave it as is, but if things change I won't get mad xd.png

Pretty much, yeah. xd.png Not to mention that if you hang around the forums you'll start to notice subtle tells that a release is imminent from the way other players are behaving. They only way to stay completely in the dark is to avoid the forum completely.

I would prefer going back to scheduled releases.

My next choice would be a heads up at least 48-72hrs in advance.

Unscheduled releases are my last choice, because there's more to life than DC. And even tho I'm here most of the time, I still prefer knowing when things are happening so I can schedule my lineage breeding around the release.

I'm fine with scheduled, completely random, or "random" (ie head's up). I just want more dragons. o3o

Agreed. Although I'd love a warning ahead of time, I'm mostly fine as long as there are releases. smile.gif

And even tho I'm here most of the time, I still prefer knowing when things are happening so I can schedule my lineage breeding around the release.

Yes, this is a pretty big point for me too.

Do you know how bad it is either trying for weeks to breed 'x' breed and you finally get it, or trading / being gifted 'x' egg for a lineage and then having a release?- Being forced to choose between those two if pretty awful, especially if the new breed ends up being rare and that was about the only chance to get a pair.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

I keep seeing this pop up, and the only thing I can think of is that this would give the people who decided not to look one blazing hell of a disadvantage, haha. Anywho, my personal opinion is to leave it as is, but if things change I won't get mad xd.png

Well, they apparently like surprises. laugh.gif

And it's not like they would totally be in the dark (unless there is some way to disable the news sidebar that I wasn't aware of).

I want to be notified of release a couple of days prior to prepare my scroll.

I honestly don't care one way or another, as long as we still get at least one release a month, preferably with multiple breeds.

I support this, considering I'm often egg-locked 80% of the time with projects and gifts. Last time I don't know how I managed to get a nice amount considering I only had 3 spots open at the time.

A little warning would help. Something during the middle of the week like, "Hey, yeah~ it's happening this weekend. Make sure your spaces are open and you're Reds are well rested."

Honestly, if it weren't for my Reds I wouldn't have had such luck during the last release.

While scheduled releases or a heads up before a release sounds tempting, fact is that new releases have become easier to catch for me since we went back to random releases. Scheduled releases were extremely frustrating for me, because all those prepared scrolls being filled up made it impossible for me to catch anything during the first 6-12 hours of release. So I prefer the releases that we have now.

I don't find this suggestion particularly necessary or useful to my play style.

I am also a fan of the extra fancy AP finds one can scalp during and immediately following new releases.

I am also a fan of the extra fancy AP finds one can scalp during and immediately following new releases.

Yeah, I find new release warnings to be more of a courtesy than a requirement. We get warnings for all limited releases, after all; the vast majority of releases are for dragons you can get whenever.

I'm a huge fan of hunting the AP for the things people drop in the panic of releases happening. Having warning gives me the benefit of being able to prep for active AP hunting instead of just locking up on random cbs and forgetting them for a few days.

Oh yeah. AP hunting. I've dropped CB Trios, etc. in the rush of new releases. biggrin.gif

I don't know- I mean, the completed list is a mile long, and this is a site about collecting tons of different dragons.

I think it only makes sense that new dragons should be released regularly or the game stagnates.

Anyway, I would also like a heads up, because I like making use of the space I have for breeding projects, and I'd be unwilling to just drop all of them for a new release of something that I won't even know until later if I'll like or not.

I mean you can take still collect a ton of a single species of dragons. There are players like Ytak and PonyTales that have over 1,000 CBs of a single species (no like they literately have over 1,000).

As for me I don't really care atm since I am completely ignoring the releases and dedicating myself to my project.

But however, I will support this because back then when I did care I wanted schedule back. It's not fun being surprised and then dumping some hard earned bred eggs that you might not get back for another few months just cause ya never know when it could be that one release that goes rare.

I'm casting my vote in favor of this rather than scheduled or completely random releases. I'd like a heads up along the lines of "there will be a release some time this weekend" rather than "the last saturday of every month at 12:00 pm" or whatever. Then I'd know whether to keep my scroll available for the weekend or lock myself up completely, or whether I should start breeding eggs I plan to give to other people, etc. But I do like the element of surprise to an extent, and it makes eggs a bit easier to catch, because instead of having a bunch of users all online at the same time waiting to pounce on a scheduled release, people will be finding out about it throughout the day.

Edited by glamoursea2

I'm not really for or against a heads up but I would like to point out every single'random' release we have had since the sceduled ones stopped is always the last weekend of the month.

I support 100%! I hate dumping awesome eggs because of a release sad.gif This past release I had to wait a while before I could pick up, even though I saw it as soon as it happened.

Well.......I would like a heads up but I love grabbing all the goodies people dump into the ap and plus it helps me catch silvers and golds since everyone else is looking for the new release.