BlackJade

Story of your scroll?

I tend to play Dragon Cave on and off, so I imagine it's just a bunch of historical records of certain dragons belonging to various different owners all mashed together on one scroll. Each "era" of me playing the game is a different person raising them with different motivations, but there are a few exceptions where they were raised by other "characters" or not raised by humans at all (but were still significant enough in some way to have their names recorded). All of them are on the same scroll because they've been chronicled by the wandering sorceress Kunikunatu (myself ;P)

On 8/30/2017 at 1:51 AM, kikinak said:

Mine's here and there. For the most part it's just random dragons, some of which have descriptions whenever I come up with one (not that anything ever goes through; my split dragon has been "awaiting moderation" with seven accepts for over a week now), though I do have plans to have some related to eachother and eventually have clans and such, though at the moment I don't have any dragons to support such a thing

Man, don't worry about it... I once had a description with at least 15 accepts, but because descriptions with more ratings are given lower priority in the queue, it was sitting there for over two years... This was before the Description Force blew through hundreds of them in the queue, though. Yours should get finished pretty soon.

I used to write a story about a human girl that took care of a bunch of dragons, until they were adults and could fend for themselves. They lived on a huge island, which you could get to by foot if you knew where the entrance to a cave that would lead you underwater, though the cave itself wasn't submerged in water. The entrance to the cave is hidden behind several Vine dragons and guarded by Guardian of Nature dragons. Inside the cave are several zombies and a Neglected dragon, which will attack you if you are not familiar to them, save for the Neglected that will attack you regardless...Unless you are the girl that takes care of the dragons. She doesn't attack the girl.

The island is inaccessible to other than from the air or the cave mentioned above, as there are mountains that are too hard to climb. There is one other way to get into the island but it is through the water and water dragons will protect it from invaders and no human could possibly swim that far down either, so it isn't a likely way to get in, even on dragon back. You would need scuba gear and the time period the scroll is in doesn't allow for that.

The girl keeps track of her dragons with a scroll, with a picture of them by their names. She uses magic to keep track of them. She does not have names for all her dragons but eventually she will have names for all of them but with over 600, it'll take forever. 

That's basically the story of my scroll. I lost where I put that story, it is somewhere on the web though...I don't like how I wrote it anyway so it is meh. I described some of my dragons and they all got accepted. Some took forever and others did not.

Edited by IlaQuickel

I started back in early 2009 when there was a whole lot less official lore to go on. So I imagined it as a Breedery, with myself in charge, the same as on other sites I've played like Wajas or Felisfire. Over time it's expanded in my mind from being a sort of castle to a stony spire to a huge mountain to an enchanted mountain that gets bigger as needed plus the lands around it. I've also stopped thinking of my "character" Lurhstaap as a human and as some other kind of magical being, to explain how he can live more or less forever overseeing the place and expecting the obedience of things like, say, Desipis. My described dragons all carry little bits of information about the place, and if you read them all you get kind of an idea of what it's like. The more dragons I collect and describe the more it develops and the more specific my ideas about it become, but it's still relatively nebulous compared to what some people have come up with. I could draw a rough map of the place though at this point, including notes on which breeds and individuals lair or hang out where.

The thing I've had the most fun designing are personalities and politics. For example, the way my Desipis organize themselves into clans, with the most numerous and powerful being the Vorare (offspring of my personal CB Desipis). And how my black dragons have their own culture revolving around guarding the Breedery and claiming/defending territory in its name, and how some of them are respected and get invited to all the most prestigious hunts and important raids and battles, while others are average or low ranked for various reasons. The 'coven' of red dragons. The ancient Earth dragons whispering in the deepest chasms beneath the Breedery - and even deeper, too deep for even an Earth dragon to go, a Guardian of Nature lies dreaming. Trump, the self-important Plated Colossus (which I named and described when Colossi were new, way before commentary on Trump was political). The bitter red who wants to run away to the wilderness but doesn't want to give up the comforts of domesticated life. Pogra, the irrationally self important gold tinsel. Aquaregia, the only gold accepted fully into the Desipis Vorare clan. I have fun interlocking the descriptions, so that they refer to relationships with other individuals or with certain groups of dragons. Each desc can stand alone, but the more of them one reads, the clearer an image one gets of the place and the dragons who people it. I keep mentions of myself to a minimum except where it comes up naturally or makes sense to include. For example my first ever frozen hatchling's story is essentially what actually happened - I caught her in the AP, within minutes of dying, and way too few views to save her. So I froze her because that was the only way to save her - converted into an IC story.

Edited by Lurhstaap

The Golden Parrot Flock live in some caves, called the Golden Parrot Caves. A human came along, and they decided to accept her, mainly because Winter and Paradise had taken a liking to her. That's about it, really...

Oh, and there's a dragon called Maize who was 'exiled' or something. Only certain dragons know much about him, though.

(I'm surprised I didn't make myself into a talking crow or a winged rat.)

Mine really doesn't have a story to it, but I like to imagine myself basically caring for a ranch of dragons. No clue why dragons would be on a ranch but they are. And I bring home new eggs every few days and raise the hatchlings and care for them when they get sick. And we all live happily together. Somehow.