BlackJade

Story of your scroll?

Does your scroll have a story?

Is your group a hunting party? Clan? Forest Telemarketers? Just super Pretty?

Share the story of your scroll!

Story of the BlackJade Clan Part 1

Two ancient families of the Horse Dragon clan came together to discovery the fate of their offspring, who at the time were hatchlings. It was decided that the male be named BlueFlamdro, and the female be named BlueFlamdra. They were sent into the world as mates, to create their own destiny.

After weeks of traveling, they came across a sufficient sized valley. A thick forest lay at one end, in the middle there was a vast meadow, and at the other end there was a sizable pond. In ancient ruins, BlackJade was etched into many of the rocks in and around the valley. When the young dragons decided to stay here, the BlackJade clan was born.

As newcomers slowly gathered, it was decided the original mates, BlueFlamdro and BlueFlamdra, would be the clans leaders. Species from far and wide found their way to this small valley. From a rouge male Spitfire, to mated pairs of Guardian dragons, to a small group of pygmy dragons that got blown into the valley by a horrible storm. The clan is home to several frozen hatchings, that are quite a treat. Any and all dragons would be accepted into the clan.

At the moment the clan numbers around 25, from hatchlings to old adults. Recently it was decided that the clan would breed, but inbreeding and crossing of species would not be easily accepted. The guardian females normally look after the eggs and hatchlings, but the leaders have taken upon themselves to guard their first born. BrokenShield, a frozen hatchling guardian has special permission to guard the leaders egg.

-to be continued-

Honestly? The sprites of my dragons are deceiving. They started off looking like that when I found them, not their fat plumpy dragons that cuddle with me and laze about a gian cave in some of known part of the universe accessible through a worm hole in my basement in whatever the name of the DC land area is called :3 (I wanna say Valkemyer but I am not sure)

I should draw that just me lazing with a bunch of plumpy dragons and tossing like a cow leg and stuff at em. You never have to worry about fights in my cave. They're too fat to care about quarrels or fights, they just kinda flop there. Its great.

Haha, I like to think of my dragons as living in a huge network of caves so that every dragon is comfortable and has enough space, but they're still sort of a family. I might have them organized on my scroll in such-and-such a way, but in this imaginary cave they form their own groups and alliances. I guess in this fantasy, they decide who tyey're breeding with and I just...write it down? Or something xd.png

My dragons are all part of the Ansela Jonla flock, named for the first human to raise a dragon from an egg. They're allied with the clan of the same name, descendants of that first dragon keeper. They're not as united as their name suggests; there are many sub-clans and flocks (most notably the Hellpack, a group of Hellfires, Hellhorses, and Horses). They're spread out over quite a large area of Valkemare, and the flock protects any human settlement that asks them to. Some dragons live alone, others in groups. There are ones that prey on other dragons, some that prey on (non-protected) humans, a few that actively sink ships to steal treasure, and there's wild dragons of course.

The centre of the region holds a large mountain chain, which has been hollowed out underneath, at this guy's behest. It's a sanctuary for dragons and humans, sheltered from weather and war. Some dragons live there permanently. The border of the region to the east and south is beset by a foe called The Necromancer. After a large battle, his advance was halted and a wall was raised to stop him, but he's still there, gathering his forces and expanding his empire to try and surround the flock's lands.

Haha, I like to think of my dragons as living in a huge network of caves so that every dragon is comfortable and has enough space, but they're still sort of a family. I might have them organized on my scroll in such-and-such a way, but in this imaginary cave they form their own groups and alliances. I guess in this fantasy, they decide who tyey're breeding with and I just...write it down? Or something xd.png

That's kinda how I think of my dragons too.

The Carai Cave (or Cave of Carai) was originally an idea I had in a book project called The Legend of Cadria (kinda given it up now). There lived an enormous white dragon named Carai in a big cave/network of big caves way north in the world, and the people came to pray there or get healed etc. But Carai was amazing at telepathy so he could just see right through your soul. If he didn't find you worthy you'd get banished if you were lucky, if not ... I could've written a lot more about Carai and his great Cave, but when I found DC it was natural to name my scroll after him, and my dragons became the Carai Clan. Basically a huge pack/family of dragons With fighters, guards etc. Stripe has written some entries in the Give your dragona journal-thread in Multimedia.

I haven't really fleshed out a specific story for my scroll, but the way I imagine it is that most of my dragons live in a massive cave system that also connects to each of the biome habitats, for example there are several tunnels that flood frequently because they're connected to the ocean. Others are still part of my group of dragons but don't necessarily live in the "main cave", preferring to dwell in the forest/desert/jungle/etc. (Though not many do this, as this puts them in closer proximity to wild dragons) There's not a clan/tribe setup with a designated leader, most of my dragons form their own smaller groups and usually resolve any conflicts among themselves, though if something serious comes up my "First Four" dragons (A Gray, a Bright Pink, a Purple, and a Guardian) act as a council of sorts. As for "me", it probably most likely doesn't fit DC's canon, but I like to think that I as dragon keeper ended up in Valkemare through a portal in a computer (sort of like the cartoon "Cyberchase" if anyone else here has ever heard of it... .-.) and using magic to rebuild the portal on the Valkemare side I can go back and forth between "our" world and Dragon Land (I wish, I wish, with all my heart- *shot*) and DC. ^-^

Okay... I guess I've thought about this stuff more than I thought. XD

Story of the BlackJade Clan Part 1

Two ancient families of the Horse Dragon clan came together to discovery the fate of their offspring, who at the time were hatchlings. It was decided that the male be named BlueFlamdro, and the female be named BlueFlamdra. They were sent into the world as mates, to create their own destiny.

After weeks of traveling, they came across a sufficient sized valley. A thick forest lay at one end, in the middle there was a vast meadow, and at the other end there was a sizable pond. In ancient ruins, BlackJade was etched into many of the rocks in and around the valley. When the young dragons decided to stay here, the BlackJade clan was born.

As newcomers slowly gathered, it was decided the original mates, BlueFlamdro and BlueFlamdra, would be the clans leaders. Species from far and wide found their way to this small valley. From a rouge male Spitfire, to mated pairs of Guardian dragons, to a small group of pygmy dragons that got blown into the valley by a horrible storm. The clan is home to several frozen hatchings, that are quite a treat. Any and all dragons would be accepted into the clan.

At the moment the clan numbers around 25, from hatchlings to old adults. Recently it was decided that the clan would breed, but inbreeding and crossing of species would not be easily accepted. The guardian females normally look after the eggs and hatchlings, but the leaders have taken upon themselves to guard their first born. BrokenShield, a frozen hatchling guardian has special permission to guard the leaders egg.

-to be continued-

-The continuation-

The clan has taken off. Everyday new eggs and hatchings are brought into clan territory.

The leaders egg has hatched and grown, producing a beautiful female horse dragon.

Tension has been rising as more big and aggressive dragons are brought here to grow up and live. In recent days a Dusk Dorkface was adopted by the clan.

(Ive actually gotten really picky lately and won't take on certain dragons. Dragons from extreme hot or extreme cold couldn't live within the clans territory)

I manage a wildlife reserve. Nothing much to say about it, really, other than my in game persona tries to keep this untouched habitat as a safe haven to preserve all dragon breeds.

DNH lives in a small cottage inside the reserve. Two of her dragons live with her, Eva and Alex, both Bright Breasted Wyverns. Each dragon in the reserve has their own life and their own adventures, but she occasionally goes to take a peek at how well they are doing, document their lives, their nature and their behavior.

Yeah, not a very interesting story, I know. tongue.gif

I live with my dragons. We reside in a deep valley with large mountains surrounding it except where it breaks off to the sea. The dragons mainly stay within their own breed groups and tend to look down on the rest.

My scroll is a land called EG's Cave (not actually just a cave). I founded it to be a sort of nature reserve for my dragons. The different habitats are named after places in my novels: e.x. Neelix Desert, Arakiahoga Forest, Cumberland Lake, Mount Hagsip, Bazara Village. Every type of dragon has a purpose in the Cave. And there are also Elders (which are the rainbow sorted dragons on the first three pages of my scroll if you're in the 500 dragons per page view mode).

Most of the naming of lands and stuff is basically for description purposes only. Also most of this was implemented before TJ named the place Valkemare, so my scroll is staying EG's Cave.

Many of the biomes in my land are named after real places. Arakiahoga forest is based off of Aokigahara Forest (sp.?) in Japan, Mount Hagsip is based off of Mt. Pisgah in North Carolina, and Cumberland Lake is based off of Lake Cumberland in Kentucky. I can't remember what Neelix is based off of (looked it up and it's def not Star Trek).

In addition to these places there's also the Heal Sector where all of my Whites live. It's like a resort area near Cumberland Lake that functions as a rehabilitation center or a hospital for my dragons. I have my own elaborate estate in the land where only a select couple of dragons reside with me. L'amour and Iris Fantasy live with me. There's also a land of Magis, and there's the "Limited Club" which is a secret place that only Tinsels, Shimmerscales, Coppers, Golds, Silvers, and other rares know of the location. There's also Autumn Forest which is in a perpetual state of Autumn (as in the trees always stay in fall colors).

My scroll has several celebrities but there is only one who is universally adored. McCartney's Wish was my first Silver dragon and he's a legend. All of his children and relatives are treated like royalty. He even has his own Body Guard.

Many of the different types of dragons on my scroll have different duties. Magi and White dragons help with healing in the Heal Sector. Brutes are the police force. There are several guardians who guard every biome in The Cave.

There's also a gang called Anarchy's Rebels who wreak havoc on the citizens of EG's Cave. Some of them peacefully protest, whereas others are more violent. They and the Brutes clash often. It was founded by Anarchy Supernova and his Organizer.

Here's the first dragon on my scroll's description about the founding:

The brilliant constellations on this hatchling foretold of the founding of EG's Cave, the massive chunk of land overseen by the cave master EG and put together as a peaceful home for other dragons under her loving care. The second she was gifted this hatchling by a mysterious stranger, she, with her immense knowledge of astrology, decided to seek out this land immediately. After locating it, she named it "The Cave", and it consists of the immense Arakiahoga and Autumn Forests, Bazara Village, EG's Estate, looming Mount Hagsip, the vast Cumberland Lake, and many other mysterious and fascinating destinations with deep enigmas and secrets within. It's the perfect paradise for this hatchling and the others.

This quirky little unnamed hatchling followed EG to the paradise, flying from location to location to welcome new dragons to the land and explaining the ropes and the places that they may visit and reside. He has become a close assistant to EG and resides mostly in the Master's Estate.

Edited by Earth Gurl

The Kingdom of Arcelia is a loose association of neighboring dragons working together for mutual benefit. The clan's oldest members (as best as can be verified--some of the newer arrivals seem far older!) are a serious gray dragon of noble birth and a more-than-slightly-crazy hyperactive water dragon, but other notable near founding members include a pair of gentle whites, several haughty black dragons (and one cheerfully psychotic one), and a bossy old pink. Oddly enough, a pair of female Shadow Walkers who nobody remembered noticing for years claim to be the real founders of the clan--an otherwise preposterous proposal uncomfortably substantiated by their glut of information on every other dragon around them. While they primarily keep tabs on dragons within the realm, they also keep notes on dragons of special interest that reside outside the borders. Of these dragons, perhaps the two of most note are Felicis, a kindly but sleepy old gold who makes his home in a neighboring country, and Asis, a sorceress monster living thankfully further off... for now!

Other Facts:

- Arcelia is both mountainous and heavily covered in tropical forest, and borders the sea at one end. A labyrinthine system of underground caves underlies most of it, providing ample home opportunities for resident dragons and fostering a sense of family between occupants.

- The kingdom is also known for possessing the highest concentration of sunsong amphipteres known anywhere in Valkemare, likely due to the abundant jungles. The presence of so many of the lucky creatures--plus the locals' friendly nature--draws many tourists to the area.

- Most residents of the area share the same religion, in which a single supreme God created existence and appointed several seraphim to guard this world more closely. Practitioners are mainly split into two subdivisions of the faith: those who follow the teachings of the seraph Arcelia, which espouse mercy above all else, and those who follow the teachings of the seraph Kaziniel, which espouse justice above all else. While schisms have at times threatened to split the kingdom, which Arcelia's followers yearning to depart for more peaceful lands and Kaziniel's followers calling for punishment of the foolish and over soft, the two factions are currently cooperating thanks mainly to the efforts of the reigning King Seth and the looming threat that Asis poses.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

(I'm just gonna post this before reading the rest of everyone's because, if I read theirs, I'll probably be too embarrassed of my comparatively inferior "story" to even post it xd.png)

I love imagining my dragons following me around everywhere, and I imagine them really small, a foot in length at most (also I just love the idea of tiny dragons ^u^). They're basically just my companions along with some other pets I've adopted off DeviantArt and such... so sort of my adopted family. I also write about them on a Word document I have for them.

Awakening the thread since I really want to share this.

So, my dragons all live on an island called Galtchick island, that is located to the east of the main Galsreim continent. Its name is translated as "The adopted child of Gals", where Gals is short for Galsreim (so the full name would be Galsreimtchick, but this is too long). There, six families thrive. Mountaindwellers, led by king Wilbert Mountaindweller and Nathaniel Mountaindweller along with princess Azair, control all the mountains of Galtchick. Coastswimmers, led by king Babydriver Coastswimmer (a reference to an Edgar Wright movie my sister is eager to watch), control the shore and the 500 meters of water around Galtchick. Desertstriders, led by queen Ngaame Desertstrider, but in fact controlled by Ivon and Afanasiya Desertstriders (since Ngaame is a dumb drake) live in the deserts of Galtchick. Foresttrotters, led by king Toki Foresttrotter (a reference to a certain rhythm-gutarist) and king Stonedrag Foresttrotter, control the forests of Galtchick. Jungleclimbers, led by queen Metal Jungleclimber, control the jungles of Galtchick. The sixth family, Fireblazers, is not yet formed, since its king hasn't been born yet. The volcano called Lumorte is considered a forbidden territory for now, since some claim it's about to emerge.

There are also two groups that don't belong to any family: Peacebringers, led by Seneca Peacebringer, that consist mostly of hybrids and the offspring of such (like when Ultraviolets produce a Spitfire). They stop the wars, capture criminals and are welcome on any family's land. The second one is Caveborn. The Caveborns are led by another white dragon, Ailbhe, who has been cursed by an evil dragon long ago. Hatred took over her, and she began collecting a group of dragons to take down the six families. Some dragons have joined her, and now they live in a forbidden land of Lumorte volcano, planning evil deeds and stealing children to raise as powerful warriors.

Each family has a Zyumorph in it. It is said thay they appeared as an omen of good luck, and that once a Sinomorph is summoned, it will seal the Caveborn in a mystical cave by the name Cagon that nobody has ever returned from. Legends claim that a Sinomorph will sit as a guard near the entrance, and that Caveborn group will grow in numbers, but will never leave Cagon. The Zyumorphs of Coast, Forest, Jungle and Volcano are just eggs for now, so Caveborn still have the time to rampage. Is it for long? Who knows...

I have three main clans. 

The Australis Clan(formerly Moonsong Clan).  They rule a territory about the size of a large kingdom.  They are generally peaceful and get along well with the humans that live there.  Most dragons have individual lairs, but there is the main cavern, which is a labyrinth where the eggs and hatchlings are raised. 

The Borealis Clan are a warlike and nomadic clan.  They don't have completely fixed territory, though they do have a heartland they claim as their own.  They live in the far north and only contain dragons that thrive in colder climes.  They have a series of small lairs throughout their territory that they use to hole up in during bad weather or when they need to rest.

The Undarum Clan.  Made up of sea-faring dragons only.  They are a fairly loose clan with no fixed territory at all.  They travel to wherever their food is.

My scroll doesn't really have any fancy stories to it, it's just a huge clan consisting of various different kinds of dragons, but with one fun little quirk to it -- a lot of the clan's members are... to put it nicely, "quirky". Mentally unwell. One dragon thinks he's really a dog, another one is obsessing over his mate while the mate loves to party with strangers, one dragon is a bit of a bully towards others because he wants to be loved, and one pygmy is a compulsive liar. But not everyone in there is insane, it's just a theme I made up many years ago.

I'm a necromancer/mad scientist. My dragons are my assistants/test subjects. We live in a place called Nightmare's Reach.

Alright, I've thought more about it. Nightmare's Reach is definitely another dimension. I found it accidentally while exploring and decided to live there so no one would interfere with my experiments. The entrance to Nightmare's Reach is a portal located deep within a system of caves in the middle of nowhere. Once you walk through it, you find yourself in a meadow full of beautiful flowers. The only thing different so far is the sky, which is an ominous shade of purple and crackling with lightning . Also, while it seems to be sunny, the sky is filled with dark clouds. Go a little further in and you'll find where me and some of my dragons live. It's a series of cliffs, tunnels and buildings.

Other than the sky, and the heinous experiments underway in some of those caves and buildings, this place seems relatively normal. Until you go deeper in. Then you'll see why it's called Nightmare's Reach. There might be random areas of microgravity, or you might see animals that are just a little off. You might enter a cave that's larger on the inside than it looked from outside. Once you get to the center of this dimension, the laws of reality start to break down completely. Time might move backwards, the tree you're sitting under might turn into a goose, you'll see creatures who seem to defy the basic laws of biology. No one really goes there. It's dangerous.

Wow, this thread has really helped me flush out my lore. Thank you for posting it.

Edited by Mnkn10

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2015 at 7:43 PM, RecycledHeart said:

I live with my dragons. We reside in a deep valley with large mountains surrounding it except where it breaks off to the sea. The dragons mainly stay within their own breed groups and tend to look down on the rest.

Mine's similar.

My first three dragons actually have part of the story written in their descriptions: Atlantro Seascale, ThornBlade and Brontio Glidewing

The three dragons and myself found a large hidden cove and turned it into the perfect habitat for the entire clan. Everyone lives as a big village or community. There is a King dragon, A Royal Blue named Cerulean who has a council that meet up regarding matters like food, defenses, weather preparations, etc. The Magi dragons create a barrier that keep most threats away.

There re also sub colonies that stick more to themselves like the holiday breeds who like to hibernate when their season is far off like the Halloween clan. There are guards that patrol the area and they switch off between night and day for the breeds that are best suited for the time and environment.

There are plenty of hunting parties and a large nursery where some of the kinder females help raise and care for the young. There is also a large cave where all the meat is stored and cooked. The head cook is a Hellfyre named Thermosa. She's got a terrifying temper, but has a soft spot for the young ones and often brings them tasty treats.

There are plenty of other dragons that I could name and describe, but I'll stop here, since I'd end up writing a novel if I kept going. XD

I had originally thought of my scroll as a self-insert, with one human living in a small shack with a few friendly dragons, while the rest of the clan went about their own business on an island. Eventually I realized that one island could not possibly have enough space to encompass 1000+ dragons, many of them territorial, many of them enormous, and all of them living in different environments -- and I was getting a bit tired of finding ways for dragons to get along with my underdeveloped blank slate of a scrollkeeper. So that idea went out the window.

I've played around with different ideas since then, but have failed to come up with any sort of cohesive lore to tie my dragons together. While it'd be nice to find something that worked as a story and also managed to implement my gameplay actions, I think that'd be far too limiting and probably just wouldn't make sense in the end. I figure less than half of the dragons I own would actually be canon in whatever story I could come up with nowadays.

Never attempted to flesh out anything before. I'll just write what comes to mind.

A clan of diversity, all so different and yet, they are united by none other than the greatness of their hearts, minds or spirits. Each and every member is distinguished by their vibrant personalities, and a potent desire to stand out. They are drawn to the owner of the scroll, merely because they see themselves reflected within her. Found as eggs, raised with kindness and dedication, always encouraged to shine, to compete, to persevere. Always given the chance to fly away, to fly alone, and seek the path of their heart's desire and forge their own destinies. Regardless of such freedom, these draconic beings feel their heartstrings tug with a homeward bound desire, always returning to their birthplace upon finalizing their embarkment on grandiose adventures. Grit is embedded within their blood and boldness etched into their hearts, the dragons belonging to the great Andromeda cluster are noble, each in their own way, passionate enough to battle for what they most desire. Adventures are a trademark of the clan, all creatures having been granted liberty to roam wherever they please, to live out their lives as unfathomably rich in experience and thrill. Dragon Lady Andromedae lets the days fly by caring for new blood, being kept company by the elder ones of the tribe who have fulfilled their fair share of wondrous travels. Regardless, the Lady will every so often decide to go on an adventure alongside her younger dragon children, to see the wonders of the world and to fill her life with thrill once more.

I am a dragonologists, an observer of dragon habits and their habits.  I track their family lines on scrolls sorted by breed.  I enjoy taking notes of their breeding styles as well as their social and family interactions along with a detailed drawing of the dragon itself. 
I sometimes make friends with the dragons but there are also some who barely tolerate my presence, even after many "gifts".  The desires of a dragon are as varying as their breeds.  Dragons seem to be very unpredictable creatures which keeps me on my toes and makes my work interesting but challenging. 
Occasionally I come across a dinosaur, which is rare in Valkemare. You might also note that I have a strange fascination with the coexistence of dragons and chickens, which seems a bit odd to me. You may also see the occasional undead dragon listed, a dragon who for some reason was cursed to roam Valkemare without rest for eternity. 

I've not yet detailed a story for my scroll but I've given them all matching last names based on an old character I used to write for way back when. Clan MacDermott! Probably going to have them be something along the lines of an old Irish clan that'll have real history laced into its story. Just got to do some quality research and set aside some time to begin writing again. If work wasn't so crazy, I'd do it now!

Mine's here and there. For the most part it's just random dragons, some of which have descriptions whenever I come up with one (not that anything ever goes through; my split dragon has been "awaiting moderation" with seven accepts for over a week now), though I do have plans to have some related to eachother and eventually have clans and such, though at the moment I don't have any dragons to support such a thing

3 hours ago, kikinak said:

(not that anything ever goes through; my split dragon has been "awaiting moderation" with seven accepts for over a week now)

User accepts do not count for moderation. Descriptions need to be approved by a mod, and there's a very small number of mods compared to the amount of descriptions. A week is nothing; don't worry about it.

Anyway! Mine are, storywise, mostly a group that have sworn fealty to a self-insert mage who de facto rules over a bunch of small rural settlements (because let's be real, large settlements would probably be real unhappy about someone making undead dragons for science). I guess it's not much of a story so much as a setting they go into.