nlechoppa

Mapping out the food chain of dragons in DC

I was thinking we have this size chart and all. So why not a chart for who eats who.

Any ideas?

You would think of that! xd.png

My dragon community sees a lot of co-operation between the dragons and the humans, with large farm tracts, orchards scattered throughout the region and massive herds of bovine-related creatures maintained on the Verdant Plateau for the carnivorous and omniverous dragons. Hunting preserves are organized for those who need the stimulation of the hunt when they feed. They tend not to eat each other, although some of the Wyvern types are noted for the number of their vanishing neighbors.

My Zombies will eat any dragon they can. The rest adhere to my no eating each other rule.

I think falconiforms and reds are the only dragons confirmed to eat other ones at the moment? I don't think it's very common, at any rate--a dragon would have to be pretty messed up in the head to go "oh look, another sentient, talking dragon! I'ma go EAT that." @___@u

If you were just talking in theory rather than practice, though, I'm sure desipises and royal crimsons could carve out a niche near the top, with magis and blacks up there also.

Vines eat "anything that moves", which would include other dragons.

One of mine eats any dragon her mate lures into her clearing, and another has cultivated a garden specifically to attract Black Teas and Striped Dragons for her consumption.

Well, Pyralspites do have sharp, hard back spines and intensely hot fire SPECIFICALLY to deter larger dragons from trying to eat them.

I think it would be fairly common to eat other dragons, they are essentially each different species and have to eat.

A lot of them are listed to eat other animals, like fish and livestock. Hellfires eat people. There are also some dragons that are primarily herbivores. smile.gif If you check the Diet section of the dragons with a full Encyclopedia entry you can see what various dragons eat.

Edited by Tehya Faye

They tend not to eat each other, although some of the Wyvern types are noted for the number of their vanishing neighbors.

rofl, that's hilarious xd.png

Yeah, I agree that it makes sense that at least some dragons do eat other dragons. We have dragons that are described as mean and aggressive, so I totally can imagine them eating weaker dragons. Some dragons are less intelligent, so they'd be little more than animals in the eyes of other dragons. And the less intelligent ones probably won't give a second thought about whether or not it's ok to eat another dragon and just do it.

I don't imagine stones and colossus get eaten very much, not full grown healthy ones anyway.

OTOH a bunch of river stripes are probably eyeballed like a plate of spaghetti

No one eats shadow walkers. It's very hard to pounce on a dragon that spends so much of their time not really there.

*carnivorous dragon thinks he spots a shadow walker among the trees. Pounces. Passes right through. Shadow walker turns. Gives carnivorous dragon a disgusted look and fades away entirely*

It's very hard to prey on coppers too, since they tend to look out for each other. Plus, they're very stealthy. You think you're sneaking up on one and find out they've been sneaking up on you. They don't eat other sentient creatures though.

Trying to stalk and eat a spirit ward might be a little tricky too if the predator is using any kind of dark magic. When they got close to the spirit ward the dark magic would be dissipated and they'd likely change their mind about eating it. It just seems so peaceful and safe to hang around one...