Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Eighteen

Excited enough to completely ignore the 'no one word posts' rule? rolleyes.gif

Good evening, CPA! cool.gif

*sets out bowls of chips and assorted dips*

We had a BUSY (and profitable) day at the shop, bringing in a tad over $1,000!

Then, just as I was about to head home, a large quantity of books and DVDs arrived from one person, and shortly after that a truckload of other donations. When I will find the time to sort them all, I'm not quite sure... tongue.gif

My vacation VISA bill arrived today. wacko.gif

man, you've had an exciting day o:

I'm glad so far no demands have been made of me today; still not feeling well from yesterday, first few days of the cycle are always a pain u_u

Hi. My name is coo_ (call me coo), and I am a compulsive poster.

I should be continuing to study organic chemistry for my test Monday. But, it's a bit difficult to focus on work on a Saturday night tongue.gif

Sorry you're not feeling well, WaterScorpion.

And what kind of shop do you work at, Lagie? It sounds interesting to be able to sort through a variety of different books.

Welcome Coo.

Glad to hear the VISA arrived Lagie, and yay for busy shift?

Hi Kestra!

Welcome to the CPA craziness, Coo.

Those vacation bills just have a way of rolling in, Lagie. But I'm sure it was worth every penny.

Hi. My name is coo_ (call me coo), and I am a compulsive poster.

I should be continuing to study organic chemistry for my test Monday. But, it's a bit difficult to focus on work on a Saturday night tongue.gif

Sorry you're not feeling well, WaterScorpion.

And what kind of shop do you work at, Lagie? It sounds interesting to be able to sort through a variety of different books.

Hi, Coo, and welcome to the madness!

*hands over some brownies*

Good morning, CPA! cool.gif

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

I run the Thrift Shop attached to our local humane society, Coo. (I also work at in the main building in the office - I wear too many hats... ) We sell donated items of all kinds. Books, clothes, housewares, gift items, toys, musical instruments, Christmas stuff (five tables of it at the moment!). It's amazing how much money we're able to bring in to help the animals. (And yes, I love seeing all the books! My pile to read at home just keeps growing and growing... laugh.gif )

Good luck on the test, Coo!

Hope you're feeling better soon, WS. I used to dread those days.

Busy's good, Mr. Kestra. It makes the day pass more quickly! I'm thinking of trying to round up three or four of my volunteers for a couple of hours on Tuesday to help get the sorting started so we'll be able to open properly on Wednesday.

Definitely worth it, purplehaze! I hadn't been off the island for a proper vacation in several years so it was well worth the cost, though next trip I'll try to see if there's a way of making it just a atd lower.

Sunday brunch coming up soon at my aunt's. She's decided she wants to do pancakes for today's visitors. She's the prep chef, I cook. I loathe pancakes, because they take longer to cook and everyone gets to socialize outside while I'm flipping pancakes in the kitchen. At least with waffles, which take equally as long, we can put the wafflemaker outside but since she messed up last week's batter, she doesn't want to do waffles again. *rolls eyes at the eccentricities of an 85-year-old*

Well, Lagie, I guess at 85 she pretty much gets to call the shots if she is still the prep cook. I do sympathize with you stuck in the kitchen while others visit, though!

Yes, 85's a good age! Considering neither of her parents made it that far. (My dad's 80!)

Both visitors this morning did come in to check on me and see if they could help, which was thoughtful of them! smile.gif

Heya, my old friends ^^ Eyeing up the RP section here, mmm...

EDIT: Hey Lagie!

Edited by Chicogal

yep, thanks. feeling better today. was able to sleep in a more comfortable position last night so I guess that eased the tension in my neck (my neck hasn't been that tense in ages).

@chico: any good ones?

Good morning everyone!

Well not so good morning but good morning anyway!

Ah that's good news... Was wondering if it was today you were going.

How did it go?

Was stressed but I'm better now!

Ah that's good!

Got a flat tyre this morning. Luckily the repair was only R50 which is very cheap and the people who fixed it didn't even have the parts... They went to another tyre shop and got the parts for me!

Spirit, I'm beginning to wonder if your car has it out for you D:

Glad you got it sorted though!

It's almost 10 years old... so eventually stuff needs to be replaced or fixed.

The sucky part it is that it's all happening all at once

Ah, in that case I shall forgive it because it is old.

But if it kills you I'm burning it to the ground.

Well everything that happened was good in a way. If I didn't get those problems it might have been bigger problems later on which might have caused accidents.

Yes but it was in town so I was driving slowly. Heard something wasn't right and pulled of in a parking area near a school.