Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Eighteen

Not really... basically a cake the size of a tray and you can put icing on it yourself.

The recipe is also an easy one

Well looking at the picture tag I see it's vanilla flavoured, so I'd say it's a sponge cake. It might be Madeira?

uh......huh.....it just looks like a regular cake to me....but yeah, what are the ingredients? maybe that'll help?

but I googled plaatkoek and looked at the images. a lot of them look like lemon bars to me (or something similar), but the one in your picture looks different.

also apparently this: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/nl/plaatkoek

I think in this case, 'plaatkoek' means 'sheetcake'.

Edit: Hello Scorpion! Didn't twig you had just arrived lol. I'm still asleep....

EditEdit: So alone T-T

Edited by Fortune86

Not really... basically a cake the size of a tray and you can put icing on it yourself.

The recipe is also an easy one

Sounds like what we would call a sheetcake -- baked in a shallow pan?

Hi all! Just dropping in for a minute before I have to go and start defrosting my freezer! Hope you are all having a good day. smile.gif

We are not going to be home Halloween night, so I will miss all the little ghosts and goblins and princesses. sad.gif

@Lagie - Next purchase? Buy a bigger suitcase. laugh.gif

Definitely! biggrin.gif I found the most awesome Lego set today that would be a perfect castle for the Maleficent figure I'm pretty sure is in the packet I've yet to open, but it will fill 1/3 or more of my current suitcase. (Aww, and shame about missing Halloween. sad.gif )

Yes, sheetcake sounds about right.

Good evening, CPA! cool.gif

*sets out ice cream and assorted toppings*

I had a lovely day at Legoland, and get to do the same again tomorrow. They really ought to consider making the two-day ticket viable over two to four days, so you can rest between visits! Oddly, I think my favourite part wasn't even in Legoland, but in the old Cypress Gardens. There is this most amazing banyan tree at the back, planted in 1936! I'll share photos when I get home.

Edited by Lagie

*pats fortune even if she's not currently there*

oooh, glad you're having lots of fun lagie ^-^

wb clove. how's life been?

And what forum would that be, Clove? Welcome back. Have some ice cream.

Thanks, WS! It's nice to finally be the one traveling for a change. I'm usually home with everyone's animals while they all travel. tongue.gif

Lagie! -tackles- Hello there! How are you?

Hi there WS and Clove!

VANG! *falls over*

I am well, thanks. I'm enjoying a hard-earned vacation.

Glad you liked my video. tongue.gif

How are you?

That's wonderful!

I actually watched it before you posted it. rolleyes.gif It was very helpful. I went through a couple before I found that one. Now I can win games without too much of a problem. Hehe.

Ehh... I'm surviving. Had a really hard weekend.

Morning peeps!

*leaves a hug out for Vang*

EDIT: There are new treats to collect peeps. Grab 'em while you can.

Edited by Fortune86

Hey Scorpion!

I picked up a new one. Not sure how many there are now.

Edit: Hmm. Looks like there might only be one new one...

Edited by Fortune86

It's still morning here, but good afternoon to you, Spirit. wink.gif

How is everyone today?

*leaves a hug out for Vang*

-basks in the hugs- I miss you!

Hello there, CPA. Is it quiet in here?

Or maybe the outbreak has already been dealt with, and the main character/s are trying to figure out what caused it. World wide infection might have been prevented, but a large number of people have still died.

I'm all up for this kind of plot. It's why I prefer some of the shows I do such as Stargate Universe or Falling Skies; I feel they are a little more 'realistic' in most of their elements. The SGU team are not the best or the brightest, they get spiteful with each other, they barely know how to make the ship provide the basics, etc. Falling Skies has humanity not as some great overthrowers, but actually are being slowly wiped out. The main group are taken from over 300 to barely 30 over the series. When the beneficial aliens turn up, they simply move humanity to one side since we have *nothing* to offer and do the freedom-fighting on their own terms. The main couple have massive rows.

I do feel that, by now, we should be able to handle a zombie outbreak with reasonable efficiency unless it is an airborne contagion or directly introduced to our water supply en mass, or has such a long incubation period that by the time the first infected shows signs we'd actually already have most of the population infected anyway.

Anyway, today has been horrible and I am now drinking.

*Hugs!*

Sorry to hear it.

Aww. sad.gif *huggles* Next time join me at Legoland.

Good evening, CPA! cool.gif

*sets out a market salad with roast chicken and raspberry vinaigrette*

Try it; it's yummy!

I think I've solved my 'not enough room in the suitcase' problem.

I found a set of two lovely pink ones at WalMart, the kind with the 360 degree spinning wheels.

Since the bag I arrived here with is kept closed with duct tape, and the inside plastic support left broken plastic bits all over my clothes, I think it's time for something new!

*stashes the massive Lego set she bought in the larger of the two cases* tongue.gif