Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Eighteen

Sorry, I don't really know how to explain it.

Sometimes you do have to rely on luck though.

Its fine... Maybe if someone explained to me in Afrikaans I might get it but I doubt xd.png

Ok, say you click on the grid and you end up a bunch of clear squares and some numbers. Look for the '1's. If a square has a 1, then that means that one of the full squares next to it has a mine. If there is just one full square, that's the mine.

Edit: I found this : http://imgur.com/a/uTMxU in the main thread. Maybe it'll help.

Edited by Fortune86

Nope... still suck at it. Guess it will be a guessing game for me!

It useless... Every time I click it opens a big set of blocks and then when I click a second time I get a virus dry.gif

*cuddles up to his CPA friends*

Hey guys.

I had a very long weekend at work.Was on nights Fri/Sat/Sun which is a nasty set of shifts to have, not just coz of the damage to your social life but because of what we get in.

I did the Triage Nurse role for the first time on Saturday night. Triage Nurse is the nurse based in the waiting room who decides which patients can wait to be seen as Minors, who needs to be seen in Majors, directing young ones to Kids, or move through to Resus as emergency cases. It's a fun role actually and I enjoyed it, and the team I had on were really supportive in helping to make sure I got the job right. But it's a Saturday night so lots of drunks stumbling in.

Got particular annoyed with one patient who had attended for what was frankly something they should ave gone to their GP for on Monday, not turned up at midnight on a Saturday. They then complained because of the number of drunk people who were turning up to be treated and were demanding to be seated somewhere else. Ummm...it's the waiting room. There's only one of them. Where do you want to be seated? Then this patient complained because I had to triage a few of them as urgent cases, and didn't seem to understand that their relatively minor complaint would not kill them while the ones I was rushing through were (in one instance) life-threatening or at least needed to be seen quickly. This included one person brought in who had been smashed up in a car accident and was covered in injuries as well as having several suspected fractures, and a baby with croup.

Sunday was even worse in a way. I was back in the Majors area, which is our bread-and-butter. I was given a patient who was very unwell and should have been in our Resuscitation area, but it was already full so had to manage them in the main bay. Now this is not a problem, I really enjoy big-sick patients; the problem being is that in the main bay you're responsible for four beds at a time, but this patient required 1-to-1 care for the first three hours. Meaning the other three didn't get seen by me much at all for a long while, which frustrates me no end. I want to personally see and review every of my patients every hour, but this one patient was so desperately unwell I couldn't do that. Fortunately my auxiliary (we work as pairs in the main bay, one Registered and one auxiliary nurse) was able to take up most of the slack but still...Also the Coordinator and Nurse in Charge were really supportive and agreed that the patient should have been seen in Resus, and accepted that I had to prioritise as the patient did need urgent, life-saving interventions.

Also very proud because I managed to cannulate and bleed this patient on my first shot. When the surgeons (accidentally) pulled the cannula out it took the consultant three attempts using ultra-sound guidance to put a new one in... Go me biggrin.gif

Car had to be serviced overnight and have £700 of repairs - which means even though I got paid today I'm already back into the red on my bank account even before the beginning of the month. But the mechanics did point out that other than the one emergency repair job that needed to be done (front driverside caliper was destroyed, meaning the brake disc and brake pads were too) the car is in excellent condition for her age, which is nice. But it has left me very poor for the coming month - so even if I do get to see Lover over November I can't treat her sad.gif

Lover is off to France for a few days, and I've booked in overtime the next few weeks so I'm doing 48hrs/week plus my usual voluntary work to try and make up for it all. And I may be back in Uni again come Monday.

Miss you all. I never get to post here like I used to, and it does sadden me.

Edited by Kestra15

Team Cure, naturally!

I am now officially on vacation! laugh.gif *happy dances*

I'll be heading to Florida on Monday, flying into Orlando, delivering a kitten in Dayton Beach, and then ending the day in Winter Haven, followed by Legoland on Tuesday. biggrin.gif

Talk about a well-timed cat pregnancy, you even know when it'll give birth wink.gif Hope you have fun!

*snuggles*

CPA was attacked by gangsters. They wanted to take over the thread and challenged us to a fight. They let us pick the weapons of choice and as Kestra, Lagie and I were trying to figure out what would give us the best chance at winning, you blurted out 'dodgems'.

Spotted lost a hand and Purple and I died. No idea if we won or not D:

I think Cotton and Kestra were also badly hurt but I'm not sure...

user posted image

Hey Purple!

It may have been Kestra. He has a screwdriver.

Bodies do make the place untidy after all.

Something about traveling in space and then got stranded on a weird planet. All the crew members wanted to hurt me because I flipped the wrong switch which made us crash land.

There were talking rocks and a gorilla/horse monster that chased everyone while we gathered the parts for our broken ship.

Sounds like you landed in Labyrinth.

Got into an argument with the rocks while I used one of them as a hammer xd.png

Best. Quote. Ever.

Edited by Kestra15

Talk about a well-timed cat pregnancy, you even know when it'll give birth wink.gif Hope you have fun!

xd.png Urgh. Taking a kitten to its new adoption home. tongue.gif

That sounds like quite the stressful weekend, but 'go you' on the cannula (what's a cannula?)!

And of course, I arrive in Winter Haven on a Monday, only to find out that at this time of year Legoland is closed Tues/Wed. rolleyes.gif At least I now have a couple of days to rest up after my crazy day yesterday before all the walking I'm sure I'll be doing there. I've also managed to lose my voice so I sound pretty croaky when I speak.

*sets out a whole heap of Halloween candies from the WalMart across the street*

I miss having a proper Halloween in Nassau.

This is interesting for those of us who find the new forum look hard on the eyes:

https://backchannel.com/how-the-web-became-...11b6#.gdcus3jpb

Edited by Lagie

*Tries hard not to look at candies. Must not grab. Must not grab. GRAB! laugh.gif *

Kestra, it does sound like your Sunday at work was stressful. Too bad you couldn't be two places at once. But sounds like you did the best thing and hopefully that patient benefited from your care.

Spirit, I am having a hard time with the game, too. Just when I think I have figured out where the nasty viruses are I click a square I thought was safe and lose the game! I did manage to win two games of it, but I don't think I will be playing much. It's not something I can say I really enjoy.

Lagie, too bad you have to wait for Legoland, but resting is probably a good thing. Hope you enjoy your vacation. When do you return home?

I woke up with a headache this morning which has been remarkably persistant, but I think I finally hit it with enough Exedrin to knock it out!

I fly back to Nassau on the 3rd of November, purplehaze.

I'll be going to Jacksonville for a couple of days before that to check out the shelter that a friend of mine manages.

*sends painkillers just in case*

Good so far! How about you?

I think I'm about ready for another nap. tongue.gif

haha, "another" nap? XP

it's going pretty okay. mixed feelings about having my sister and her bf back in the house; it's nice to have more people around so I don't have to dogsit by myself, but there's also a lot more noise and I can't enjoy doing the things [with audio] that I want to do.

Yep, had a nice long one midday, but never did have the second one.

I hear you on the sharing space. It's hard when you've been alone to suddenly have someone around again. I'm sure you'll find a way through it!

*laughs* I think that's more true of many of us than we're usually willing to admit.

I DID IT!!

I won one game!

Thank you Lagie... the video helped a lot!

Oh good morning everyone!

Morning peeps!

Congrats Spirit!

Aw. I missed Kestra again T-T.

Does sound like you've been having quite the time of it again.

FORTUNE!

*huggles*

Thank you smile.gif

Yeah poor Kestra. I hope things get better for him