Gildraug

Shur'tugalar | Dragon Riders

The grating sound of the dwarf's voice struck her like an icepick, and Daena whipped around to face him with blazing eyes as if they were a set of smoldering, dark turquoise gems. She grew paler in her fury to a pallor that nearly shone. "Did that rope truly speak to you of my willingness to be here?" Daena snarled, holding up her wrists as if the shackles of magic still fastened them together. Her black hair moved about her furiously, the way it once had for Rawen when she called down bolts from the sky like friendly larks. Her eyes hardened on Reignon's face with the tumultuous blues and rage of a hurricane. "I gave no such word," she spat at him, bristling like a cat. "I said I would attend your trials, but I promised nothing afterward!" Her long fingers twitched at her sides, and it was only Sage who circled at her feet that kept her from leaping forward to dig them into Reignon's impossibly thick neck. The hatchling squawked madly between the two of them, begging for peace.

As if a thunderclap had sounded above her, Daena grew instantly still at the dwarf's next few words. It was though all the boiling anger had blinked into the bubbling dread that now filled her, overwhelming her senses and choking her of breath. He recognized her? Her gaze was frigid, frozen and glassy, as his words echoed in her head.

The rest of his voice floated through her as if he spoke at her from across the ocean. She considered what he said as if she were in a distant plane removed from herself, tucked away in the crystal cage she'd built deep within her being. 'Light of heart,' he had said. That didn't exist, she was sure. Nothing pure or gentle truly existed of its own accord; altruism was just another lie beneath the fold, another means to an end for greed and selfishness. No one ever did something out of the goodness of their heart because "goodness" was just a ploy to exploit the vulnerable sentiments of the weak.

It wasn't until motion from the corner of her eye startled her back into reality that Daena moved again. She flinched away from Ratha as the elf approached, unable to recognize that the Head Rider meant it as a friendly gesture. The voice pouring from the dark lips was strange, and it captivated her through Sage's piqued interest.

It was a long moment before she could feel words forming on her tongue again.

The wildness in Daena dissipated slowly, much like how a fire dims once it has consumed most of its fuel. Her gaze, once a ravaging typhoon, dulled to a grayish teal like a languid sea after a winter storm. "Everyone is my enemy," she whispered in response to the dwarf, but the comment was firm as if there were no truth greater. She glanced down at Sage, who was sitting quietly at her feet but staring up at her with wide, pale eyes that beckoned her with kindness and sorrow. She brushed the end of his snout with her fingertips. "I have no family. I have no home," she answered Ratha, though she spoke it with nonchalance and certainty as if she might have mentioned the sky was blue. Yet there was a small hesitation in her speech that might have gone unnoticed, had she not stilled her fingers on Sage's nose the moment the words left her quivering lips. The promise of safety was alluring, she could admit that much. But how safe would such a place be for someone like her? Would it be that much safer than if Daena had decided to return to Rawen's side? If there was a haven for her, she didn't know of it.

Daena's life was full of empty promises and broken trust. The dwarf's and elf's words did not mean much to the petty thief, though they were secretly lovely to hear for someone so barren of trust and hope. The turmoil that writhed inside of her was a difficult demon to grasp; she struggled to tame it now, as Sage pressed his gentle mind against hers like a brooding hen protecting her young. Finally, the young woman exhaled, and with the breath her fury seemed to leave her-- for now.

Daena unclenched a fist, but did not look back up at either rider, nor at the other newly appointed Shur'tugalar. Such a development was new to her; she had never deflated from anger in such a manner before, and she suspected that Sage's inner light had somehow shed on her the semblance of control she held now. He gurgled pleasantly at the discovery that Daena no longer blocked him from her thoughts.

"Fine," Daena said after a long minute of silence stretched awkwardly around the group. Her voice was flat, yet somehow not quite defeated. Perhaps she was tired of running from everything, after all. Was that the reason for this sudden, inexplicable change? "I will stay and learn, but not for you, and not for the Shur'tugalar." The word sounded odd on her tongue, and she slightly paused before touching the spines along Sage's neck as he rose on his hind legs to nudge her hand again. His scales twinkled like chips of moonstone, flashing silvered rainbows where ever the sunlight struck. "Safety and a means to defend myself," she repeated from Reignon. Those words had planted a seed of doubt in Daena, though she had not yet realized, but it burrowed into her like a weed seeking purchase in the depths of her blistered heart. Doubt that the dwarf wasn't wrong, after all; doubt that the elf's words weren't laced with treachery and foolishness.

She gathered Sage in her arms similar to how Lessa had with her own dragon. Her grip was tight, fiercely protective, and for a moment it was difficult to tell who clung to the other closer. He laid his scaly chin against her shoulder and hummed low, deep in his chest, the note resonating through her like a song. Without speaking again, she started in the direction of Doru Araeba and did not look back.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

'What happened here? I felt a strong magical disturbance even through Aatris' rambling,' Amontien asked with a rough laugh of some sort.

'Ratha had an unsettling feeling about it, whatever it is. Have you discovered anything? Should we find Tanthanion?' asked Jorundr, his calm facade betrayed by his nervous tapping of his sword.

'Aye, not much can be detected when Aatris begins speaking. The same can be said of Amontien,' Zencoria responds with a light chuckle and a sway of her tail. She then turns her head to face Jorundr. 'Her feelings are on the mark, I fear. Tanthanion has found Ki'lydwn speaking with one of the magicians in Doru Araeba. What happened afterward, I know not, however, she must've cast spells that caused this. I was searching for Slytha when I heard your call. Last I heard from Tanthanion, he remained to speak with the magician as we have certain suspicions concerning the magician Ki'lydwn decided to visit. Her current whereabouts, I cannot say."

Zencoria looks around as she still attempts to find either one of the traitors even while conversing with the other Riders. "Slytha must be nearby if Ki'lydwn has decided to make her appearance. In our capital, no less."

-----

Tanthanion meanwhile takes the cup with a nod and takes a small sip of the tea after assuring that his wards were sufficient to defeat poisons. He cast suspicious glances at Larien every now and again, if Ki'lydwn was showing an interest in this magician... Perhaps she is the Shade.

After the young human girl had scooped up her dragon and stormed off, Ratha puffed her cheeks and exhaled slowly, the air whistling between her lips.

Don't show your frustration, Aatris warned and Ratha then recovered her usual face - a mask fit for one of her position, with nothing but calm and thoughtfulness reflecting from her face.

I have rarely met such a complex student, the elf said as she motioned for the group to move on, quickly catching up to Daena. The elf passed her with a few swift steps, her citrine cape fluttering behind her and her jeweled belt jingling. But I cannot blame her.

Who could. Ratha couldn't answer Aatris' rhetorical question but mentally sighed.

Serbir had watched the entire exchange with a mild look of horror. He could literally feel the tension between the Shur'tugalar and Daena sparking in the air, taste the iron of an incoming storm. It had made his neck prickle and Emerald had her scales still ruffled up. He walked after the others, his dragon jogging with ease to his pace, the little clawed paws click-clacking against the pavement, contradicting with his long, heavy strides. Serbir could feel a somewhat melancholic feeling radiating from Emerald as she went through the events, observing things in a way he knew only a dragon could find meaning - how was a hand positioned, a gaze avoided, a sharp breath, blink.

She's just afraid? Serbir suggested to Emerald, who snorted, unhappy with his answer.

Well, I don't know any better. The only thing that comes to my mind is that she's afraid! When people are afraid they tend to snap and say things they don't mean. I think. Like, Daena might actually have meant what she said but... he trailed off and the green dragon seemed to sigh, although her thoughts were warmer now. Serbir dared a small smile and brushed his fingers through his long, dark hair.

The path became wider and better kept as they approached the massive gates, still open as there were many hours to sunset. People flowed in and out, with a small squadron of guards watching over the entire process, but their alert eyes did not find any trouble. The guards bowed to the company as they passed, grinning as they saw the hatchlings and poking each other with their elbows, whispering good-meaning comments about the new bunch. They walked briskly through the area, passing merchants, farmers, and Riders as quickly as possible, but gaining gazes and excited whispers, nevertheless. The hatchlings were amazed by the city, so Ratha had asked the young Shur'tugalar to keep an eye out for them. Close to the second wall, the Head Rider turned left and led the Riders away from the main road which connected the center of the city to the outside world. A calmer atmosphere settled down, as they walked the wide pathway, with tall trees growing on both sides.

The houses became less unique and tinier, but all of them tidy and beautiful. When they arrived to the East Spire - there were the Central Spire, where Ratha resided, and between the two walls stood tall and proud the East, West, North, and South Spires - more young Shur'tugalar could be seen, sitting with young dragons in the East Park or walking after their teachers, notebooks in their hands and their dragon carrying the pen in its mouth.

"This is where you shall live," Ratha informed the young Shur'tugalar. "Each house has six rooms in where the students sleep and study. The room will be your own personal space and we will not enter it without your permission - unless we have a reason to do so. Nevertheless, the human quartermaster Luphion Ficaelle shall see to you. He resides within the Spire. Reignon, would you be so kind and show them the way? I am needed already elsewhere," she said and Serbir sighed. Of course she had better things to do. They were just young newcomers who had demanded her undivided attention for the entire morning. Ratha saw the urgal's sour face and couldn't help but give a small smile.

"Worry not, I shall see you again tomorrow," the elf woman said even as the thunderous sound of Aatris' wings drowned out the other sounds. The great orange dragon couldn't land due to his sheer size, so Ratha quickly jumped on the roof of the closest house and from there leaped on her partner's tail, from where he helped her into her saddle - all happened with a smooth, practiced manner.

"Okay. That was flashy," Serbir muttered and Emerald snorted.

~~~

"Ki'lydwn and Slytha? A Mahlaan pair, somewhat recent if I recall correctly," Jorundr sighed and rubbed his temples.

'What should we do?' Amontien inquired and craned his neck to observe their surroundings. His partner thought for a moment before jumping on the red dragon's back.

"We must find this pair as soon as possible. The elf can hide her life spark easily - a dragon not so, even if protected by spells. We might have a chance of finding Slytha and thus preventing their escape," Jorundr explained as he urged Amontien to fly. "Zencoria, show us the way!"

((Ughugh sorry guys))

((Apologies in advance of this is confusing or anything. Hopefully future replies will be better))

Argentum.

As the others were nicknaming their hatchlings, Faine held his squishy dragonet, who stared at him with wide eyes. So we're not supposed to give our dragons actual names, but we can give them nicknames to use until they choose their own? Makes sense but doesn't.

Might as well abide by the rules, or else loose the ability to ride a freaking DRAGON.

He started to come up with various nicknames for his hatchling. Oak? Nah, not fitting. Blade? Meh, it didn't feel right. Savior? Kind of cliche. Snugglewums? No.

Argentum.

That name had a ring to it. The hatchling had silvery scales, which made sense. He liked it. Hopefully the hatchling likes it. It's the name I'm going to be using until the dragon gives itself a name.

'How do you like the nickname Argentum? Until you make your own name?' he asked, then touched his own forehead. Did he just talk to the dragonet with his mind?! He didn't even have to think about it, he just did it?! Guess it's like moving an arm or breathing. You just do it. Sweet.

The hatchling, in response to his telepathic message, cocked its head to the side and gave a blank stare. Faine chuckled a small bit and scratched the dragonet behind an ear. 'I'll take that as a yes. Are you hungry? Not saying I have food on me, but I'm curious.'

Argentum released a small hum and gave his face a large lick. Faine wiped his face while laughing a small bit. I guess so. Wonder if my face tastes good.

He placed the little one on the ground and started to follow the rest of the group back to Doru Araeba, and the hatchling let out a happy squeal before tromping alongside him. He smiled at the fact that the hatchlings were plain adorable, with their antics. He looked at his own and imagined the tiny thing growing up to be a huge beast that he could climb on.

His stomach let out a large rumble, and he scowled at the roar. Agh, how long has it been since I ate? I'm freaking starving! He could not wait too much longer to finally eat something, and it seemed his hatchling thought so too; Argentum quickly nibbled on a rock before spitting it out.

'Not a good idea to eat rocks, eh?' The little one just chirped and walked on, as if unphased by the snacking attempt.

As they walked, the city bustled with activity. Faine grinned and winked at a passing group of some good looking ladies, though they gave him a weird look and moved on. Hm, not impressed...I need to work on the charming face.

After the group reached the quieter area and calmer atmosphere, it allowed the boy some time to think about what happened. He wasn't going back to the hard, boring life of farming. This was not some fun field trip, and he wasn't going home at the end of the day. This was to be his home; at least he thought it was. It would make the most sense.

"This is where you shall live," Their leader informed the other apprentices when they reached an area with neat houses and what looked like students moving around. "Each house has six rooms in where the students sleep and study. The room will be your own personal space and we will not enter it without your permission - unless we have a reason to do so. Nevertheless, the human quartermaster Luphion Ficaelle shall see to you. He resides within the Spire. Reignon, would you be so kind and show them the way? I am needed already elsewhere. Worry not, I shall see you again tomorrow." Then she jumped onto the roof and onto the mighty orange dragon in the sky. Faines' jaw dropped to the ground at the sight of the amazing feat. Would he be able to do that someday?

Argentum hummed and shook himself when the wind from the dragons' wings blew with force on the ground. The cool air and thunderous sound caused goosebumps to sprout on his arms. Wow...now that's awesome. he said, unintentionally out loud.

(( Ah this is my first role playing post... hopefully I don't mess it up.))

When Varnius first saw the eggs, in the deep vault, miles under the earth, his was left speechless. Rows after rows of eggs where lined up on the ground, like large gems stone.

After He'd received his egg, much as it looked like a very large topaz, it hatched to his touch. When he first picked up the hatchling, Varnius felt as if all his blood had turned into ice.

Excruisating pain took hold of his body and when he had recovered, there was a silver circular scar on his right hand, which he was later informed that it was called the Gedwey ignasia. Now They had surfaced, and it was time to give the little hatchling a 'name'. Since names were chosen by the dragon itself, they were supposed to give their hatchlings a nick name until they were old enough to choose their own.

The little hatchling had fallen asleep on their way to the surface, much like himself, this one dozed off easily. Meanwhile, Varnius started to think of names, yet he could not reach a conclusion. Sol? No, that would be a name fit for a yellow dragon... hmm maybe topaz? hmm no, not so original. What about...

As Varnius thought about his little dragon's name, he barely they had arrived at the places where they were supposed to live.

"This is where you shall live," Their leader informed Varnius the other apprentices when they reached an area with neat houses and what looked like students moving around. "Each house has six rooms in where the students sleep and study. The room will be your own personal space and we will not enter it without your permission - unless we have a reason to do so. Nevertheless, the human quartermaster Luphion Ficaelle shall see to you. He resides within the Spire. Reignon, would you be so kind and show them the way? I am needed already elsewhere. Worry not, I shall see you again tomorrow." Then she jumped onto the roof and onto the large orange dragon in the sky.

Varnius was speechless... yet again. This place seemed to be filled with marvels. Dragon riders displaying great feats of powers, building and towers as big as large hills, a large vault made to keep eggs safe while being guarded by a living metal statue, birds he had never seen in his life before... There was much that was new to him. Never had he seen so much dragons in his life, all in one place. This was different than Dras-Leona... This was a place where he could feel power vibrating in the air in which he breathed.

Will I have such amazing powers as I start my training?

Varnius marveled as they were being guided into the dorms. This was where they were supposed to call their home now, where they would have to stay. Well, this is home now, it's much more than I had expected, guess I'll just have to get used to it to really feel at home... Dammit, I've still not thought of a nickname for you Thought Varnius as the hatchling stirred. Once they had reached inside the house where he was supposed to stay, he started to wonder again. Everything here is large... It feels alien, yet I'm already adapting to it.

His dragon leaped down from his arms, strolling beside Varnius. One other strange thing he had felt when his dragon had hatched for him, he felt as though a curtain was taken off of his head. At first, It felt horrible, as if he'd let go, his soul would leave his body and loose its way back. After a while he had noticed that this was his link between his dragon, when he could feel the hatchling's deep slumber.

Oranges... again too predictable. What about Coral? Yes that seems like a fine name

Looking at his hatchling, the name started to make more sense. It was short, yet meaningful. for his hatchling, no, his new companion's scales reminded him of the bright orange color he had found so many times on the many corals that inhabited Dras-Leona's large lake.

'Hello. Slept well little one? I'm going to start calling you Coral' It amazed Varnius how easily he could communicate with his partner, even if it didn't fully understand him yet. Coral Turned around and paused, confused by his voice, sneezed and looked sleepily towards Varnius, looking at Varnius as if he felt happy and comfortable. "I guess you like that name. Yes, from now, until you can choose your name, its coral" and so they walked towards their resting quarters.

Edited by Toufen

Reignon wanted to say more, to pluck away at the grim illusion Daena seemed to believe in. But he refrained. Ratha spoke up, Aatris's words carried on her voice, and the girl gave her response. That was that. They walked the remaining distance in disturbed silence, the Dwarf agitated at the edge of the procession with Ninarth bringing up the rear - they were watching the hatchlings and making certain they didn't get lost by running off. "Reignon, would you be so kind and show them the way?"

Blinking, Reignon stirred from his thoughts at the sound of their name, catching Ratha's gaze. Nodding once in response, the female Elf then hurried off; albeit showing off in the process. Stroking his chin and beard, the Dwarf swept his gaze over the new apprentices and mentally sighed. 'It's been a long day. I'm certain things will turn out better tomorrow once everyone is rested.' Ninarth's voice caressed his mind with a gentle and calming touch.

'Aye, I hope so. I doubt the girl will be in bright spirits though... She'll be difficult to crack,' he responded quietly.

'You'll find a way to get through; you Dwarves always do,' the dragon assured warmly.

Frowning beneath his beard, Reignon paused. 'You assume I'll be dealing with her on a regular basis. Are you sure of that?'

Reignon felt the wash of smug certainty from Ninarth as the dragon replied, 'After today, I am very sure.' Stretching out their wings, the tourmaline-colored beast lifted off the ground and made for the fields, leaving the Dwarf alone with several new students and their hatchlings.

"Right! Follow me and I'll get ya to Ficaelle! He'll then get all of ya settled into yer new rooms," Reignon beckoned. Their conversation with Ninarth had only taken moments, long enough to fill the space of time that it took for the students to gawk at Ratha and Aatris's departure a little. Shuffling forward, the Dwarf headed towards the East Spire and up a flight of stairs into a common area where Ficaelle was bound to be at this time of day. "Ficaelle! New students! See if ya can't find a place for each of 'em," Reignon bellowed, calling to the man across the room.

The wiry male jumped at the shout and turned to scowl briefly at the Dwarf. "When will you ever use your inside voice?" the man remarked, a rhetorical question. Almost bug-eyed with a shallow face and lanky body, Ficaelle looked as if he were in a perpetual state of wonder or shock. Smiling at the group, he motioned for everyone to follow him and guided each to a room.

~~~~

Okalis took the offered tea and lightly sipped at its contents for a moment. "Ah, my thanks, Larien," he stated sincerely. Responding to her question, he swiped his tongue quickly over his cracked lips. "As for my part? I think I might be over-complicating things or am simply overthinking it all. As I said, I think I've stabilized the concoction but I'm uncertain; I'm not quite willing to test it out just yet. I was hoping, with your memory fresher than my own, if you could review my list of ingredients and provide some sort of insight to the reaction it might create?" he inquired. "The coloring is as desired but the smell of it isn't quite right; it's too potent when it should be sweeter. Maybe something extra fell in when I wasn't aware? Or perhaps I added too much of one thing?"

He was starting to ramble, his gaze focused on the ground with his brows furrowed in thought. He started to slowly turn the cup in his hands. "No, wait... I think I know what did it..." Okalis paused, frowning. "One of the other members of our order came by at some point and distracted me momentarily. I put in too much extract from milk thistle...."

The time it took for Gilrin walked into her room, small dragon curled around her arm, was just enough for proper reflection to kick in. She was going to be stuck here, with so many strangers just ready to call her out or stare at her. If it weren't for the delicate little beauty curled around her arm right now she might've punched the wall. There was no chance of a peaceful life alone now, the one thing she loved in this situation was the one thing holding her back. The little one was a chain around her neck, holding her back from what she needed and longed for. Granted, it was a privilege to even see a dragon, much less become a dragon rider but it was still difficult to comprehend. The life she had been preparing for had slipped beyond her grasp, and was impossible to get back. Glancing at the little dragon currently nibbling at her hair she sighed. How could such a little creature could disrupt her life so was amazing, but it was impossible to blame so innocent a creature.

Smiling she disentangled the dragon from her hair and held gently in front of her, opening her mind to it. The young dragon chirped gently and attempted to wriggle its way from her arms, wanting to explore its new environment. Gilrin smiled and gently set it on the floor before falling onto her bed with a thump. Remembering what Ratha-Elda had said she let different names float through the mental link as she thought them. The young dragon wouldn't be able to chose a name or answer her, but it was polite to let him know what she had nicknamed him.

Fil? Arget? Azar? the name struck her, Azar. It seemed to fit for now, and as the little one had now begun to stare at her in curiosity, she reassured him with calm thoughts. Now that she was beginning to think confidently in this for the first time, she didn't feel as terrible as she did before, small thoughts of warmth and comfort had begun to surface in her mind and she looked at Azar in wonder. It was most definitely him who was helping her calm down, how such a small child could be so aware was amazing, the small dragon climbed up on to the bed and rested beside her, snuggling close to her side. She smiled, this was giving her confidence, perhaps she would even attempt contact with the other apprentices next she saw them.

When the city approached, Daena did her best to keep her furious blue-green eyes locked on the air in front of her, staring without purpose as if her mind were somewhere distant. Sage still hummed, and his gentle sounds vibrated against her chest while his kind aura filtered through their bond. She was still unaccustomed to the sensation of being calm-- or at least to the degree that he was able to adjust her to-- and thus her state was fragile, and Sage knew it. Daena kept a strong stride ahead of the others as if she were eager to be away from them. In truth, while she didn't like company, she oddly craved it and it was driving her mad. She needed some time to herself to repair the tatters of her control before she lost it all together.

Daena was silent as Reignon led them to the quartermaster. She gazed at the man blankly as he led each student to their respective rooms; by the time he stopped in front of a door at the end of the hall and glanced at her, she slipped by him without so much as a word or motion of acknowledgement. The door shut forcibly behind her.

Sage slipped to the ground and snuffled curiously at the furniture in the room. A wardrobe sat on one wall, likely full of clothes she didn't own but had no choice to wear since she had nothing else. On the opposite wall was a single mattress propped up on a wooden frame; the sheets looked luxurious and soft, and the deep violet shade almost distracted her from the turmoil of her emotions. Almost.

Sage romped over to the slab of wood meant to be a desk and hoisted himself on top with his ivory claws. He padded around excitedly on the desk for a few minutes while Daena brushed her hand against the chair and then over the ornaments sitting on the nightstand nearby. Her hand closed around a silver candle stick slowly.

Sage squawked in surprise as Daena suddenly hurled the candle stick at the door, where it thudded against the wood with a loud CRACK. It rolled noisily across the floor until it hit the bottom of the wardrobe.

"What's wrong with me?" she demanded, staring over at her dragon before falling back onto the bed and holding her head in her hands. Nails dug through raven hair into her temples. "I can't even act like a normal person, much less a dragon rider," she added with a snarl, lashing out an arm and wiping everything else off of the nightstand. A steel goblet clattered to the ground at her feet. Sage crawled to the edge of the desk and stretched out his thin neck to croon at her softly. The sunlight that streamed through the window caught on his partially-stretched wings, causing the membrane to glow like the iridescent wings of a dragonfly.

Hot tears leaked out from her behind hands. Why was she so afraid? So angry? Why couldn't she just smile and pretend everything was just fine? Was she so damaged that a simple "thank you" couldn't croak out of her throat without her feeling the need to break something? At least her room didn't feel stifled with magic like that Vault had. Here she could breathe, even if her remaining emotions made her feel like strangling someone. Preferably herself, if that was possible.

The pearl hatchling clambered over the nightstand to the bed to sit next to his rider. Daena reluctantly lifted the barrier from her mind, and he sat quietly beside her, shuffling through the flashes of rage and fear that swam through her currently. He saw, on the edges of her mind, the image of a woman he had only seen from her memories before. Slowly, Daena allowed him to enter further into the locked recesses, and he ventured farther than even she dared to go.

It wasn't long until Sage saw the mangled memories from her childhood. He internalized them quietly, and then withdrew from them to give Daena some peace.

She was gazing at him warily from the corner of her eye. With a soft hum, Sage nuzzled her arm and in his deep, gentle voice he said, Safe.

----

High above Vroengard, a few leagues or so from where the city sat ignorantly behind its walls, a dark cloud crept closer on frigid winds. No one would be able to pick out the wings of cobalt-blue stroking the cloud from above as the dragon soared with the storm. Veins of dark sapphire, shimmering silver-blue, and near-black covered the beast, but his unsettling stare was vacant and white-gold colored. He was a massive dragon, but the storm on which he rode nearly dwarfed him.

A figured sat behind the spines of his shoulders. Ice crusted on the ribbons of ruby-black hair that streamed from her head, which was thrown back, throat bared to the world and arms outstretched. Tongues of lightning writhed around her fingers, fed by the storm as it forked to her hands from the cloud around her dragon. The sapphire in the pommel of the sword strapped to her hip glowed brightly as if reacting to the lightning she drew into herself. The sharp-toothed grin she bore appeared even more sinister with the silvery scar drawn over the left half of her face.

After a few moments, Rawen tilted her chin down again and lowered her hands, satisfied with the storm brewing beneath them. Her eyes glittered red like dragon's blood, and at the sight of the city the grin curled into a wicked smirk. The great city of Doru Araeba once knew her, though not the woman she was today-- not the Shade she was today. Soon, she knew, those walls would crumble to her, and everyone once within them would burn under the blaze of her lightning.

The image of it aroused a flush of eagerness in Rawen. But the day was not quite here; she tucked away the thought for another time.

Aldaen, reyzan, she commanded, and the dragon's wings automatically beat forward, bringing their journey to a hover only a league away from the city. The storm remained mostly with them, though it languidly rolled forward with the wind. Rawen didn't need to extend her thoughts to know the city was well-guarded by magic. Should she even try, it was likely to trigger some sort of alarm. Shades-- much less former students-- weren't exactly common visitors.

There is at least one in your midst, she thought to herself gloatingly. From the bag strapped to Aldaen's saddle, she conjured a small silver bowl. One little nick of her finger, and the drops of blood she added to the bowl wisped with shadows that thrummed with power. "Haav lor do Larien," the Shade murmured, and the magic reacted instantly; the pool of blood and shadows darkened into black liquid, and on the glossy surface an image of the other Shade appeared. She appeared to be speaking with someone, but that was so matter-- the spell would allow Rawen to speak directly into her mind, and would trigger a barrier no more than a simple wizard scrying for a lost potion bottle.

As soon as Rawen felt Larien's mind, she said in her smooth, cool voice, "Having a tea party, are you? Seems I have missed the invitation." After a moment, she added, "I hope you haven't forgotten our arrangement. I'm a league from the city now."

Mia stayed silent through the journey, trying to think of something to say. The awkward silence seemed to need breaking, but she had never been good at situations like this, and the right words eluded her. Instead, she accumulated a small collection of whittled objects. A carving of a bird joined the egg, and then a small snake. A fourth object was almost ready to be identified when they reached Doru Araebia. She slipped it into her pack, with the other carvings, and put the knife back with the others in her pocket.

Ratha made an impressive departure, which caused Midnight to become very excited. She replaced the image of Ratha and Aedris with Mia and herself, with a questioning thought. Mia assured her that it would be so - They would be able to do that one day. 'But not yet, little one... Not quite yet.' The hatchling seemed satisfied with the answer, and clawed at Mia's leg until she was picked up. Midnight hummed a little in contentment as they were shown to their rooms. Mia's was opposite Varnius. Soon after they went in, The sound of another door being opened could be heard. Mia wondered vaguely who had the room after hers.

CRACK! Midnight jumped onto the bed and hissed briefly before curling into a ball and making a small snuffling sound. Mia was taken aback too, although her reaction was a simple step back. A small range of clatterings followed. She smiled. Well, she knew who her neighbour was now - The angry girl. Daena.

Mia decided that the next step was to survey the room. It was a fair size, with a window revealing a good view of the streets below. There was a door to one side, containing a small bathroom. Mia laid her toothbrush and soap on the sink before returning to the room. A wardrobe contained some simple cotton clothes, fitted to her size. Obviously news of the new Riders had been carried to the city before they arrived. Mia added her own spares to the arrangement. A set of drawers stood next to it, where Mia deposited her necklace and weapons. She arranged the carvings on the top. Her bow went into a corner. Great, the bed is muddy. Small paw prints covered the sheets. Luckily, a new set was stored on a shelf in the wardrobe. Mia put the muddy set on the floor next to the bed, for Midnight to sit on. Happy with her new room, Mia kicked off her shoes (causing two small knocks on the wall by the door) and sat in her bed with the last carving, twiddling her knife in one hand. Hmm... Her gaze drifted to Midnight, and a smile spread on her face. The knife slid slowly across the wood, carving out another shape.

Larien listened to Okalis, thinking through what he was saying and what their ingredients were. It was a relatively simple brew, more designed to help with liver problems, some depression symptoms, nausea and recovering from illness. Too much milk thistle would compromise the smell and could possibly compromise the taste. Adding in a bit more peppermint would help with that but also aid the effects of the thistle.

"I'd add a bit more peppermint and a dash of some lemon too to aid the taste. The brew itself shouldn't be compromised just from that. Perhaps a dash of spearmint too would unify it more as well." The shade answered Okalis without really explaining too much of their brew left. She hoped he would remember the ingredients being mostly peppermint, milk thistle, lemon and now spearmint to help calm down the other flavors.

She waited to see if Tanthanion would respond to any of this, being the rather untrusting rider he seemed to be to her, when a voice sounded off in her mind. She could sense the slight guarding and instantly recognized the owner. I haven't forgotten. A few odd turns of events had happened prior to your arrival. I shall do my best to meet you soon without causing too much trouble.

The shade had finished her tea, setting it near the other brews and once again checking on the last one needing the attention at the time. It was now finished properly, merely needed a few more stirs and then she would be able to tell if it needed more mint. She'd been cautious with the mint in this brew, not having much of it left after the experiments with Okalis the weeks prior. Taking out a small tin, Larien carefully opened that up to find only a few mint leaves left. Another tin soon received the same treatment with the same result. That could serve as an excuse to have them leave. She simply also needed to head out of her house.

"Okalis, I'd be happy to talk more later about this as well should you have any more trouble-" She set the tins back on the shelf above the brews before turning back to the old man and the rider. "But I've need to gather more materials for our efforts. I'd gotten caught up in the new arrivals we have here that getting the supplies had taken a break in my mind." She looked to Tanthanion specifically. "I'm sorry for any trouble I might have caused today with the odd events that occurred. Especially the Mahlaan that had made her way to my house. Had I known her backstory I would have notified you sooner." She did mean to apologize for that, if only to secretly keep appearances of her being a trusted teacher to the new Riders.

Larien moved slightly back to where she had been, shifting her cloak she still wore slightly. "I'm also sorry to be cutting this conversation short, but I'd prefer to gather the resources now while I'm thinking about them instead of waiting for tomorrow where I may forget again. Thank you both for staying. You're welcome any time- either of you." That was sincere. She wouldn't mind having the Rider come around more. And Okalis she worked with, so hopefully he knew he was always welcomed anyways.

The shade waited for them both to leave the house, gradually going about cleaning up a few spilled ingredients and cleaning the mug for her own tea before she decided to head out of her own home. She made sure to lock the door this time, setting a ward on it so no one with magic could break in easily.

She made her way down the street, away from the city, and to the outskirts carefully. Larien had been vigilant to make sure nobody had followed her. She noticed the storm slowly coming to the edges of the city and wandered out toward it. Faintly she could make out the dragon hovering in the storm clouds once she was far enough. A strike of lightning from the storm cracked down, snaking its way toward her position before filtering and creating more tendrils striking around her instead.

Varnius and coral reached their rooms before any one else. His new room was rather plain, not adorned with any fancy flower pot or any odd decorations, for it only consisted of a bed, a rough rug and a wardrobe in the corner.

First things first. he thought as he unpacked his clothes, folding them neatly to put in the wardrobe. When he did open the wardrobe, he was surprised to find that it was filled with clothes that fitted him perfectly, and much like the room, they were plain and white. Varnius enjoyed the simpleness of the room, it helped him open his mind. Nevertheless he placed his clothing in an empty shelf in the wardrobe and took out a large bed sheet he had brought with him.

'Now, somewhere for you to sleep.' said Varnius to Coral, leaving him with wide, curious eyes.

'You'll probably grow out of it soon, but it should be fine for now'

Varnius laid the bed sheet on the floor near his bed, Coral following him with a confused stare.

Now that everything was all set and in place, Varnius had some time to himself and Coral, he tried talking to the little dragon but no matter how hard he tried, coral could not understand him. The trip to the underground vault had left him tired, so he kicked off his boots and climb up to his bed. He set Coral onto his small bed and lied on his back, looking at the domed roof oh his room. Suddenly there was a loud "CRACK" coming from outside, Coral flinched and stood up, jumping onto Varnius's bed and curling into a ball in his arms, trembling.

'Now, now, there's nothing to be afraid of.' Said Varnius to Coral, trying to calm the little dragon. Varnius had meant the dragon to sleep alone, but he was fine with it, and soon they drifted into sleep.

Varnius woke up to Coral nibbling on his fingers. Puzzled, he asked

'What is it?' but Coral only looked at him with a blank expression.

'I Can't help you without knowing whats wrong' complained Varnius, trying to get back to his precious sleep, but the small dragon kept pulling his sleeve, trying to get him up. A wild image flashed through Varnius's mind, a large plump pigeon. Varnius was surprised, he did not know he could share images and memories through his mental link.

'Those are called pigeons. Pigeons. They are birds. biiiiirds' said Varnius to the dragon, trying to familiarize Coral with the correct word for the bird. A second picture came to his mind, this time a bloody pigeon, when a deep rumble came from Coral's stomach.

'Ah! you're hungry.' concluded Varnius, slightly worried. He had no... meat? Heck he wasn't even sure what foods dragons liked. He remembered what quartermaster, Luphion Ficaelle, had told him about the Dorm's kitchens.

Varnius got up, Coral jumping off of the bed as he began putting his boots back on. He opened the door and walked outside with Coral, towards the kitchens downstairs. After receiving a bowl of hot soup for himself and a bowl of meat for Coral, he sat on the benches and began to consume his dinner. In what looked like the dinning Quarters, there were some other disciples eating their dinner, most of them getting ready to leave.

it must be pretty late. How long did I sleep? Thought Varnius, now that his hunger was gone.

After finishing his meal he walked outside, with Coral behind him, clawing Varnius's legs. Varnius picked Coral up and looked at the moon. It seemed like wit was almost midnight, but both him and coral were feeling restless so he strolled towards the courtyard. Much like everything in the gigantic city, the courtyard was beautiful and silvery under the moon's bright light. Tonight, a full moon rose above the clouds and the tips of Vroengard's mountains. He sat on the bench, Coral Jumping from his arms to lie beside him. He gazed up at the moon. Like a giant glowing diamond in the sky, the moon was beautiful. He thought back, when his journey had started n as he moved forward it all seemed like he was in a strange dream. Almost nothing seemed real. He looked at Coral's large curious eyes, while opening his mind to the little dragon.

He might not understand words, but I can teach him stuff, by sharing memories and pictures. Concluded Varnius, sending a very clear image of the bowl and the meat Coral had eaten from to Coral's mind.

'Food. Foooooooooood.' Said Varnius, trying to get the dragon to understand the word for Food.

As the moon rose upwards, Varnius tried teaching the dragon more words. Trees, flowers, moon, Varnius tried to teach everything he saw in the garden to Coral, tireless. Varnius wanted to stay and watch the sun come up, something he'd rarely done in his life, and so he kept sharing memories, pictures, words, and anything he could share with his little dragon.

Edited by Toufen

Gilrin twitched, it was late, and she was still inside. The sky was completely clear, and moonlight shimmered through the window, in her dorm. Grasping at her small pack of belongings, she tore her pencils and paper out of it. Azar lifted his head in curiosity, her hasty movements and disregard for her surroundings had woken him from his sleep. Gilrin felt his tired thoughts touch her mind and completely forgot her plans, lifting him from the blankets she hummed a song, hoping this would soothe him back into sleep. When Azar was safely snoozing, curled up on her arm Gilrin felt a motherly affection swirl through her, this was her child, a young one completely reliant on her, how could she have ever wanted to avoid this?

Standing up she picked up her art tools, unlatched her window and slipped out, Azar still curled up on her arm. Climbing up and out she swung herself up and unto the roof, careful to keep Azar from hitting against the wall. Climbing a building, Gilrin reflected, was much easier then climbing the trees back home. Ungracefully pulling herself to the top of the roof, she arranged herself as comfortably as she could, but even with her best efforts she still had a metal object pressing into her back. Pencil and paper grasped tightly in her hand Gilrin gazed up at the sky, a beautiful array of unknown stares shined from above, seeming more vibrant and beautiful then in Du Weldenvarden. Straining her eyes harder Gilrin could make out a few familiar designs, she traced out the shape of the Dragons wing, which stretched out into the sky as if it were going to flap down and fly away. Frowning she focused onto that particular spot, but where the rest of the dragons shape was supposed to be the land met the horizon. Sighing she returned to scanning the sky, content to drink in the beauty of the stars.

Gilrin stared at the sky for what seemed to be ages, ignoring the uncomfortable twinge in her stomach. Only until the moon was high in the sky did she arise from her vigil, brought back by the sound of approaching feet. Azar raised his head as the smell of another dragon reached his nose, and Gilrin realized that another student was in the gardens below. Standing up Gilrin was about to leave before they saw her and approached, until she remembered her promise to herself. She would be brave, and greet her fellow student, if worst came to worst she could disappear into the garden.

Bracing herself Gilrin leaped from the top of the dorm, landing ungracefully into the branches of the tree below. When Gilrin saw the student however, she paused trying to remain still. Perhaps it would be better to... wait a bit before diving into conversation. Gilrin drew back into the leaves of the trees as Azar hissed in discomfort, and snuggled up against her, tail wrapped around her neck.

quiet little one she thought, humming low in her throat.

Even though evening was approaching, the city showed no signs of sleepiness. A steady sound of chatter floated through the spring air and reached the silent residence area, Serbir noticed, his yellow eyes looking out from the window of his room. As far as he knew, all of the new students were now living in the same house, although who resided in the rooms beside him, the Urgal couldn't tell. He had, however, heard some clamor from a room across the hallway, but was too afraid to go and check what it was.

Food had been brought downstairs by some friendly elder female dwarf - Jenden, who apparently took care of the practical things around here - including some raw meat for the dragons, fresh bread, fruits, and the like. Serbir didn't have the appetite for it, though, and Emerald was still satisfied from her earlier meal.

The Urgal loved his room; it wasn't too big nor too small, with a bed large enough even for him. Emerald had immediately snatched one of the fluffy pillows, dragged it into the corner, and before he had the chance to say anything, shred it into pieces and then make a nest into the mess.

Really? Serbir had sighed but didn't dare to oppose the dragon further. She seemed smug. After placing what little belongings and clothes he had, Serbir had opened the window. The cool, fresh air felt wonderful on his burning cheeks.

A time to breathe and think, for which he was very thankful. Observing the area around them, he noticed young Shur'tugalar of all ages walking about, some on business, others not. Trees grew frequently - no doubt enhanced by elven singing - and benches were set close to each house. However, Serbir noticed not all houses were occupied. The area could've had easily closer to a hundred pupils, but only a few dozens seemed to be present. A grim thought, indeed.

"Goraan Shur'tugalar! I have some information for you, yes!" Jenden called out from downstairs and Serbir hurried out, thumping his way down and hitting his head against the sloping roof as he went. Emerald shook herself and ran after him, her ivory claws clacking.

"Yes ma'am?" Serbir asked with tears of pain in his eyes, rubbing his head as he sat down on the stairs. The stout drawf lady had greying black hair, dark blue eyes, a single scar on the left side of her mouth, a bright smile, and wrinkles around her eyes. Serbir had never met any of his ancestors, but she seemed like a grandmother in many aspects.

"Just some little rules and such, yes. I shall have a written list somewhere here-" she waved a piece of parchment in her hand, written with simple runes. "-in case any of you will forget. But you seem like a sensible young man, so watch after the others and remind them, yes?"

"I, uh-"

"Thank you, dear! Now, you are allowed to leave your house but do not go beyond the First Wall or inside the Second Wall, yes? Be back before nightfall and treat the property with care. Business with your teacher always comes first and leisure after that, yes. Also-" Jenden continued, emphasizing her points by shaking her stubby, wrinkly finger at Serbir who nodded obediently each time, Emerald watching the entire process with an amused mentality. After the old lady was finished, she flicked her fingers and - with a little blast of yellow-green magic - the note she had written stick itself to the door, the runes glowing briefly afterwards.

"Now, remember to eat!" Jended called upstairs and pinched Serbir's cheek before taking her leave.

Serbir sat on the stairs for a moment longer and scratched his nose. Well, he thought and stood up. He should probably do something.

"Uh, guys? Th-there's some food here. Meat for, um, your dragons and fruits and, uh, stuff. If y-you are hungry, of course, no, um, need to come here..." he trailed off and bit his lower lip. He was such a fool, wasn't he? To his surprise, Emerald didn't seem to agree, puffing a little smoke at that thought.

Oh, sorry. I just don't really know how to... y'know, interact with them? Serbir said. Even though the dragon didn't truly understand the message, she seemed to understand. It gave Serbir some comfort. The feint sound of thunder came, making Emerald jump and run to Serbir. The Urgal wrapped his arms around the dragon and shared memories of thunderstorms with her, explaining there was nothing to fear.

It's natural, don't worry.

~~~

A lightning cracked within the storm and a few seconds later the thunder followed, making the air vibrate with its power. Ratha gripped her sword more tightly, standing on the First Wall with Aatris, her citrine cape billowing in the growing wind.

Something is not right, the elf grit her teeth as her icy eyes flashed across the fields, looking towards the mountains and forests.

It's just a storm, Aatris assured and blew a stream of hot air at his partner of mind and soul. Ratha fixed her hair quickly and returned her steady gaze towards the storm which was approaching from the West, searching with her mind but finding nothing. Because there was nothing to find, she knew, but the weird feeling had returned, the same one which had been bothering her for days.

"Ratha, Aatris! Mahlaan Ki'lydwn and Slytha are somewhere around, the Rider probably heading towards the mountains in the West!" Jorundr contacted them and soon they heard Amontien approaching them, landing heavily on the wall. Zencoria also followed, landing on the other side of Aatris. The human Rider slid down swiftly and met with Ratha. The two briefly touched hands in affection, but just as quickly returned to the urgent matter.

"Please explain me what's the situation," Ratha asked. Jorundr ran his fingers through his hair and took a deep breath, tapping the ruby pommel as he told.

{Sorry Epyon for using Zencoria in this bit!}

"Ki'lydwn, for reasons unknown, was in the city earlier. She apparently contacted someone and Tanthanion found her out. In panic, she seemingly cast a wordless spell and fled. That was probably the strong magic level you sensed. Tanthanion did not pursue but asked Zencoria to do it for him, instead," Jorundr briefed.

"Why didn't he pursue?" Ratha asked the graceful dragon.

"We suspect that whom Ki'lydwn contacted was possibly a Shade."

"A Shade? In Doru Araeba? Why haven't the magical wards reacted to any of this? A Mahlaan walking about in our city and a Shade, too, nonetheless!"

"Most likely they have hid themselves, and well. Magic has developed over the years and we have neglected to ask the Council to update them, but nor did they remember to do so. The fault is not yours, but the Order's," Aatris tried to calm Ratha down.

"No! We represent the Order! Mistakes like these should not happen!" she snarled and curled her hands into fists.

"Nevertheless, we are not sure they are a Shade at all. As far as I'm concerned, Tanthanion is still with this person," Zencoria added.

"Of whom are we even talking about?"

"Larien." Ratha's eyes widened as she recalled the face which belonged to the name. The magician who had been challenged by the young, foolish dragon? The nagging at the back of her mind returned. That might be the reason, but could they judge the magician simply by her intuition? They had no solid proof.

"What shall we do, then?" Amontien asked, impatient. Aatris flashed an angry glare at the other dragon to keep his toothy mouth shut, but Ratha had already heard the question. The wind blew stronger now, ruffling her white hair and making the capes of the Riders flutter angrily.

It will be hard to fly, soon. The wind is our enemy if we go West, Aatris marked.

"Stay put," Ratha declared through clenched teeth. "At least until the storm is over. The only thing we are certain of is that Ki'lydwn and her dragon are here. They are not strong enough to do anything alone and the winds will prevent them from flying anywhere from this island by the time she reaches the mountains, so we can continue our search after the storm has passed."

The others nodded, although Amontinen reluctantly so, accepting her decision.

"However, we must be alert and on the lookout. The danger exists," Aatris added firmly as he craned his neck to the skies and sniffed the air. Nothing amiss, but his scales had ruffled ever so slightly.

Edited by Gildraug

(No worries, you actually helped me with what I can do for my next post. I was having a bit of block. My thanks.)

Tanthanion ran as fast as his feet would carry him as the storm rolled in. His hair and cloak flowing wildly behind him. He took the opportunity to spy on Larien for a bit more as she made her way out of the city, but when the storm rolled in, he had to cut his pursuit short. Does he think that the storm and Larien's odd trek is somehow related? He would say yes. This storm felt natural as much as it felt unnatural, there was too much power in the wind within the forest.

'Zencoria! Where are you?' he called.

'The First Wall. Ratha, Aatris, Jorundr, and Amontein are here as well,' replied the dragoness.

'I take it they know then?'

'Yes, I have told them of Ki'lydwn and Slytha as well as your Shade. Where are you?'

Tanthanion veered towards the First Wall as soon as Zencoria told him and he was in sight of the three large dragons within moments. It's very strange that the three of them are usually around when something is about to happen. But then again, that is the way of things as they are. 'I can see you now, I'm coming out of the forests to the east. This tempest feels like we've felt something similar to it before. From one of our foes,' he puts bluntly.

Zencoria hisses as she understands his meaning. She does not like the prospect of fighting that one again any more than her Rider, but they braved a storm like this before. If need be, they can do it again. She craned her neck around to see him walking towards the five of them.

"My deepest apologies that I was not here sooner, I was preoccupied." He looked at the storm in awe but also with grim determination. Yes, this did feel all too familiar. "This storm feels familiar to us, Ratha." Tanthanion says at length.

Once she'd finished her carving, Mia put it with the others on top of her drawers. Already, the room was looking more unique and homely. The figurine stood proudly at the front of the display, depicting Midnight as she played, preparing to pounce on an invisible tail.

Mia admired it with a smile, then turned around to find Midnight curling up at the foot of her bed, having made a nest out of the blankets. Mia stepped over, placing the hatchling instead on a pile of cushions. Midnight didn't seem to resist too much. A glance out of the window revealed the approaching sunset, and Mia decided it was time for a nap. As soon as she was comfortable, a surprisingly heavy purple weight landed on her feet. 'Midnight!' she protested, but the hatchling wasn't listening. Chuckling slightly at the predicament, she lay down and fell quickly into sleep.

It was midnight. Mia and Zeditha's sleep had been briefly interrupted by the bringing of food, which both gladly ate. Now, they were very much awake; time for an adventure! "Come on, Midnight. We're going to go explore!" Opening the door revealed a woman talking to one of the other students, apparently explaining some rules. Mia hid around the corner, listening carefully. As soon as the woman left, Mia retreated; the Urgal's attempts to communicate the message were amusing. Seeing no more amusement from this source, Mia strolled down the stairs past her fellow student and ventured into the garden. The moon was bright - nearly full, she noticed. A rustle in a nearby tree caused her to stop and listen, thunder's faint rumbling masking any further noise. Midnight nuzzled close to her legs, a little frightened. "Who's there?" Mia said cautiously, one hand sneaking to her knives. If this person was a threat, they wouldn't be for long.

((*meeps* I've been sick... sorry... but also I'm in need of Rawen (so Hazeh) to post wink.gif ))

Hey guys!

Sorry to inform this but I think I shall let this RP die off.

My long absence kinda killed this off, I apologize for it - you guys were absolutely amazing and we had a good roll going on, but we're having months between replies so I feel like that's a sign that it's time to let go of this.

Maybe someday I might restart this RP again, with better luck that I will not get sudden absences :'D

But once again, thank you all so, so much, and I look forwards to RPing with you guys in the future!

I shall leave the Chatzy for now, too.

~Gilly

Edited by Gildraug

Captain_Gunzou

Hail Mary

Human adopted into a dwarf family

Male

Straight

Bold, out going, mischievous, curious, energetic,Very slow to anger,Kind, Friendly,Gentleman,eager to learn,wise

Appearance: Pale skin that shines even brighter when the full moon is out. He has hazel eyes, and Dirty Dish Blonde hair that turns black after taking a Hot shower, otherwise its brown/blonde. He wears black combat boots, tan khakis a olive green tank top, and his hair is http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ivgprZVO7JQ/maxresdefault.jpg ~Linked for size~ Right hand paw Heart shaped cutie mark

Before coming to the area, He lived away on a remote island that had his animal friends. He had a friend name Kovou. He was a Direwolf pup. Also there was a black jaguar who watched over him,and acted like a protector/guardian. He could often be found running through the dense jungle with the two, and playing hide and seek with Kovou's siblings. Not to mention he fished for a different variety's of fish depending on season and got a lot. When people came to visit, he'd show them around, and take them to areas needed by a guide/protector. Most of the women who came there were Cougars. He entertained them, and went on dates with them. However at the time he was having nightmares of events that were actually taking place elsewhere. So scrying unknownly if you will. Then one day while running and tramping through the Dense jungle paths he found a small lake area thats was hidden and near the lake shore he heard a voice, 'well hello.''Hello, where are you?''I'm live in X''Where's that?''I'll have someone come to pick you up, my young friend. I have been waiting a long time to meet you.' Upon arrival a black and Blood red inner scale dragon with yellow piercing eyes pierced his right hand and it burned like heck. He was griping his wrist with a very pained expression of agony and holding his wrist he walked to the nearest bathroom after getting directions and dove it under cold water. It did nothing for the pain. 'Why Me?!' He thought'Cause I like your personality and Urrr Good looks handsome.' His palm has the same cutie mark as his partner on her right fore palm.

Apprentice

Zhiban vivid:

45:

female:

same personality as Hail Mary Bold, out going, mischievous, curious, energetic,Very slow to anger,Kind, Friendly,tom boy,eager to learn,wise; however she is the more cautious of the two :

Her scales are black with Scarlet blood red inner under, but when the sun hits them just right She has an blinding effect to everyone nearby her that looks directly at her.She has a heart shape cutie mark on her right front paw. Her spine & tail have ridges where the talons are going. Wings each have one talon on them near the joint area so they look like devil wings.user posted image:

Background: Was forced to hatch early, however upon hatching she forced herself away from the evil king and escaped/ran away. She was being chased but soon was alone. A couple of Shur'tugals found her collapsed in a forest. They quickly brought her to their main lair and she awoke to the sound of steel clashing, dragons roaring, and a lot of shur'tugals talking and dragons responding. She rejected the ones who was introduced to her, saying she would know the one meant for her when he/she was born. When news got spread of Hal Mary was born she instant;y went and reported it to the others and he was put under watch from the time he was a baby to his now coming to the lair/village.

Other: (Anything else? Note: if your Rider is a Mahlaan (Fallen), tell it here)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Hey guys!

Sorry to inform this but I think I shall let this RP die off.

My long absence kinda killed this off, I apologize for it - you guys were absolutely amazing and we had a good roll going on, but we're having months between replies so I feel like that's a sign that it's time to let go of this.

Maybe someday I might restart this RP again, with better luck that I will not get sudden absences :'D

But once again, thank you all so, so much, and I look forwards to RPing with you guys in the future!

I shall leave the Chatzy for now, too.

~Gilly

I am going to go ahead and close the thread so you don't continue to get applicants. If you ever want the thread re-opened, I'm just a PM away!