Laugh

[Suggestion] More Hybrid Releases?

Yes to hybrid lineages - I am planning one right now. And yes to that wonderful sense of relief - "it can wait; I don't have to dump anything !"

Exactly what I feel on the subject. Perfect for releases close to DC holiday events, or during the summer vacation time.

That's why I think that the art usage form should be updated to include who made the concept of the dragon (if known) and whether that person approves of use as a hybrid species, so if there is a dispute between what one party wants and the other wants, it can be settled with the concept artist's stance (unless the concept artist gives over rights to the artist or they share the project completely, like the certain holiday releases).

Here is the list of who came up with the concept for the dragon. These are the people who know whether or not a certain BSA will work for a certain dragon. (Note that rare dragons are included on here for courtesy, though rare dragons cannot have BSA's.) These are in alphabetical order for your convenience.

<Epic Snip of the List of All Breeds>

All that already exists except whether or not they "will allow hybrids" of the breeds they concepted. Note how few of the concepts were created by anyone other than the artists involved. The list does need to be updated with the newest breeds though. The last update was October 2014.

I believe the idea that people should go to the artists/conceptors to ask if it's ok to do their idea of a hybrid is at least common courtesy. Yes, it is indeed from their work, even if the artwork is original.

On the subject of rare x rare hybrids, I had an idea for that awhile back and it got shut completely down. Who wants a hybrid egg (even if rare) when they breed golds or silvers? You want a gold or a silver. And people would come to hate the hybrid dragon if they were disappointed in not getting a gold or a silver when they bred their dragons but got that hybrid thing instead. Any hybrid from a rare dragon is just a really bad idea, in my opinion. That was the reason I was given at the time the idea got shot down and I came to agree completely after some deeper thought. Sure, the hybrid might be really cool in and of itself, but it's never going to have the cache of a gold or a silver.

And yes to that wonderful sense of relief - "it can wait; I don't have to dump anything !"

Pretty ironic considering that so many demand "more releases" so that all we do is struggling to keep updated anyway.

I dislike Hybrids, basically because they are lineaged dragons. I prefer CBs, I am always disappointed when I cannot get a released breed from the cave, but only through breeding. If anything, I would prefer less Hybrids, not more.

Edited by Rally Vincent

The relief is YES more dragons - but at least I don't have to dump everything to get them right now - I can just get the non-hybrids and not panic.

How is this ironic ?

But as Fi says - a rare x rare would be horrible, though.

I'm not against the idea of more hybrids, I'm just not interested on them. I think I have 4 soul peaces, 6 shalow waters, 3 or 4 hellhorses, 8 or 10 ultraviolets and that's all. I don't even remember if there is more other hybrids than that except for the avatars, that I love and hoard because they are awesome.

BUT

I like the idea of a gold x silver hybrid. I would hoard those. biggrin.gif

Edited by danicast

The relief is YES more dragons - but at least I don't have to dump everything to get them right now - I can just get the non-hybrids and not panic.

How is this ironic ?

But as Fi says - a rare x rare would be horrible, though.

The irony stems from the fact that 'more releases' mean more occasions where one would have to decide whether to drop things or not. If someone wants more releases, they should bear the consequences, not look for an easy way out.

....?

It doesn't matter what type of dragon it is, if it's a dragon or unbreedable it's a release. Or at least I'm pretty sure it counts as one. Hybrid releases has its own benefits as well as its cons just like the NDEGs, and regular releases.

I think I get what you're saying though. Are you meaning it's ironic that people want more hybrid releases because they like the idea that they don't need to drop anything and can get it at whatever time they want? Well.. (this is my interpretation) when people say they want more releases it's generally because the game is a weee bit boring and it's always fun to have something to do once in awhile. In this case it's collecting dragons. Hybrids still allow players to collect dragons, just rather instead of hunting in a biome filled with 100+ people trying to nab at the same 3 eggs, you can simply breed and leave it up to chance. You know what's not fun? Dumping the right egg/hatchling you finally got out of a pairing after months of breeding because you want to get in on the new release since it's better "safe than sorry". Unless I am mistaken hybrids don't end up going "rare" or "never seen again" after it has been released.

As for your last statement I don't think it's fair for anyone to bear the consequences for a release they have no idea will happen and have to dump eggs (and sometimes even hatchlings).

The irony stems from the fact that 'more releases' mean more occasions where one would have to decide whether to drop things or not. If someone wants more releases, they should bear the consequences, not look for an easy way out.

For me it is not the decision whether to drop or not -- I have never dropped anything for a new release. The issue is whether, since I decide not to make room immediately, I will ever be able to get those eggs if they go like the Coppers, or 2/3 of the Pyralspites.

I don't see any irony. I do still want more releases, I just find it more relaxing when one of them is a hybrid. I don't think all releases should include a hybrid.

I can never grab my scroll goal of a new release on the first day, even if it is only a one-dragon release and I have all my egg slots open, because I aim for 4 CB males and 4 CB females of each breed. But even after all this time, I am still trying to meet my goal for 2 of the 3 Copper colors and 2 of the 3 Pyralspites. I am not complaining as it gives me something to work toward.

For me it is not the decision whether to drop or not -- I have never dropped anything for a new release. The issue is whether, since I decide not to make room immediately, I will ever be able to get those eggs if they go like the Coppers, or 2/3 of the Pyralspites.

I don't see any irony. I do still want more releases, I just find it more relaxing when one of them is a hybrid. I don't think all releases should include a hybrid.

I can never grab my scroll goal of a new release on the first day, even if it is only a one-dragon release and I have all my egg slots open, because I aim for 4 CB males and 4 CB females of each breed. But even after all this time, I am still trying to meet my goal for 2 of the 3 Copper colors and 2 of the 3 Pyralspites. I am not complaining as it gives me something to work toward.

This is exactly what I meant. Which is also why I LOVED the scheduled releases.

I'd like this! At least as lomg as they were pretty, so: basically the same as any caveborn release. biggrin.gif I did see a gorgeous hybrid in the Completed Requests section just a few minutes ago that made me wonder to myself how long it's been since we had one released... I sure would like to see that one happen!

I'd like this! At least as lomg as they were pretty, so: basically the same as any caveborn release. biggrin.gif I did see a gorgeous hybrid in the Completed Requests section just a few minutes ago that made me wonder to myself how long it's been since we had one released... I sure would like to see that one happen!

Yeah, when was the last one released?

I would be okay with it as long as they are paired with a regular release because if they were released by themselves and I did not have the dragons to make them, I would be very disappointed. I love hunting the cave during new releases because of the excitement of catching something new.

I'd love to see releases with like, one normal dragon, one non-standard breed (like a pygmy or two-head), and one hybrid. Something for everyone~