Predat0rs

Names you named (or will name) your children?

I really like the name Reina for a girl and Roy for a boy.

I told my parents the names I'd been thinking about and it didn't even occur to be that my dad's name is Ray. He's convinced if I name my child Roy it will be named after him tongue.gif Who knows, I may end up using Roy as a middle name but then I'll use William as the first name.

For now I'm dead set on naming a future girl Reina.

I don't have children yet, But I plan to have at least one.

(In order Id choose)

Girls - Olivia, Alia, Elizabeth, Mara

Boys - Casimir, Trever, Nazo

Since I only have one child and can only have the one child his name is Kian Alexander. If he had been a girl his name would have been Ember Marie. We had tried for a second baby and if that one had been a boy it would have been Larkin Andrew and a girl name would have been Esme Marie.

My kids are: Tobias (Toby) James and Random Marie

Reasons:

Daughter: My husband told me within 2 weeks of us dating, that if we were to stay together and have kids, if he ever had a girl, he wanted to name her Random Marie. Random, of course being Random Dent in the hitchikers guide to the galaxy series. He always thought it was a pretty name (it took me a long, long time to decide i liked it).There are plenty of Maries splattered throughout our family tree, so we just made a point not to specify which one. The family had 2 pregnancies and a year inbetween to come up with a better name for a girl tongue.gif

We decided if we had a boy, I would name him. For me, its always been important to have names with a lot of versatility when it comes to nicknames.Since he had chosen a name from a book for the girl name, I chose one from a different book. I dont remember the name of the book anymore, only the charector. I had also named a cat after that charector when I was like 10. I wanted an older name that isnt entirely common (when I had moved, I went from being the only person with my name in the entire school, to having 5 others with the same name in my class... *shudders*) I figured that Tobias had limited options, but using James would give plenty of options. I mean.. Toby, Tobis, TJ, James, Jimmy, Jim, James.. every variation ever for James really... plenty of options.

I refused to join the "aiden" train that was popular when I was pregnant... There are entirely way to many _____den names out there. I didnt want to join the "verbing a name" train either (a few people named their kids things like Danger and such in the groups i was in.) I'm not a fan of making longer names by adding random letters that fit (Jayzin instead of boring old Jason).

Of course, my family lived in perpetual fear of what we would name a third child, if we had had another. We picked good ones to scare them with.

Persephone Elizabeth and Nicholi Xavier. I a third kid were to somehow happen... I still like the names all these years later... but I've done my part to ensure there wont be more.

I dream of twins, mainly boy and girl identical twins. I know, I know thats a shot about as possible as my wining the lottery 20 times in a row but still. Even if I don't get twins I still want a boy and a girl and should I be blessed with such their names will be Anais for the girl and Kage for the boy. Anais means Graceful and/or Merciful and Kage (Pronounced kah - gay not kayj, sorry thats the only way I can think of making this example) means Shadow.

Why? In terms of the name Anais, I have found that to be such a wonderful little name. In terms of Kage, well my boyfriends nickname is Kage but it is a name/term that has come to mean so much to us that when I have a little boy that will be his name. Considerably I don't plan to get pregnant any time soon but I'm hoping I get to try some time within the near future once he and I are a lot more settled down with better jobs.

I have two twins named Mallory Janet and Michael Lewis.

I'm trying for another, but I'll probably have to adopt to get another due to a torn valve during the pregnancy with my twins.

If I could have a girl I'd name her Izaih (I-zay-uh) June

If I could have a boy I'd name him Logan Joseph

I didn't name them off of relatives because I never get to see them so I'd probably cry every time I call them. unsure.gif

Edited by Hialeah

If I had a boy today, I would name him after my best friend, so ...

Jack Lee.

I also liked for boys:

Johnathan

Drummond

For a girl, I wanted:

Kathleen

Claudia

I've always found how they are able to predict naming trends. I remember when I was in elementary school and I decided I would make it a secret to myself that I wanted to name a girl Hannah. It was a name that wasn't in vogue at the time and something I found very lovely. But it wasn't just me because as I got older a TON of people starting naming their kids Hannah.

I just always found it interesting that people think they are naming their kids unique stuff, but they generally aren't as unique as they thought as there are lots of factors that influence us we aren't aware, and it can be predicted a decade or more ahead of time.

Just thought I'd throw out that interesting fact. So when picking "original" names, you may not be as original as you thought, and if you want something truly original, you may have to go way outside where your gut instinct tells you to go.

I'm unable to have kids due to a very traumatic experience when I was a young teenager (Pm for details) BUT the doctor told one of my cousins she couldn't due to medical issues and yet she has a son

SOO if I have kids I will sadly be expecting twins due to every generation someone has them and yet no one in my generation has >.<

If I have a girl

Jade Marie, Cheridwen ( celtic goddess) or AnaMarie

Boys

Jacen, Nikolas, Rickard Dale ( after my father)

If I ever have kids, I'd name my son Daniel or Stefan since I really like both names. wub.gif As for a name of my potential daughter, it will be either Lily (my mother's name is Ljiljana), or Ania after my best friend who lives in Poland. wub.gif

When I have children, I'm going to name at least one of them Harold if I can. Harold is the name of my boyfriend's relative who passed away and unintentionally brought me and my boyfriend together. happy.gif

I've always loved the name Howell for a boy ... probably because of my childhood love for the book "Howl's Moving Catsle". I don't think I'll be talked out of naming my hypothetical son that. Unless I get a dog first, in which case he'll get it ...

I'm going to be a terrible Mother as i want to name my first girl Arrow Calliel. Arrow Calliel is the name of a character I have been running for years now. She's been re-purposed for multiple RPG systems now.

No idea what I would name a boy. Not the foggiest. Never been good with boys names.

I want to adopt at least one kid, but I want to have at least one of my own, aswell. If one of mine is a girl, then her first name will be Regina, after one of my aunts that died before I was born. I have no idea what to name a boy, though.

If I ever have children (and that will take quite a long time either way) I already have several names for them. And they will hate me for it (alright, just for a few wink.gif )

For boys I really like Balthasar (the s is important), Jonathan, Nathaniel and Sebastian. As a middle name I'd favour Castiel; mind you, just as a middle name since I don't want my son to hate me too much and I am still heavily debating this one with myself rolleyes.gif

For girls I like Anastasia, Xenia and Lucia the most although I can't really name my daughter Xenia since one of the dogs my mum had once had this very name. Still love it, though.

For a girl Celina or Celena or Willow Not sure those are just ideas. For a boy, I have no idea yet.

I'd name my son Symaro.

But I severely dislike little kids, so I'll probably never get to name a son.

Edited by Ælex

Okay, here goes. I named my daughter Aimée (= beloved) Sophie (= wise one) Éowyn (= horse friend).

Don't pelt me with moldy cheese now. *hides*

I've been playing a little game with myself, trying to guess how old everyone is based on their choice of baby names! I'll take a bet I've got most people's ages wrong though...

I chose classic names for my children. My boys are Thomas, Robert and Nicholas; my girls are Emily and Catharine. I wonder how old I am? wink.gif

I don't have kids but, of course, I have some names picked out.

For a girl, I'm thinking Annabel, Lucinda, or possibly Elise.

and for a boy, Blake, Eugene, or Dylan.

But then again, I do plan on adopting kids,... so I might not be able to use these names after all. tongue.gif