Predat0rs

Names you named (or will name) your children?

I've always wanted to name my daughter Ostara, after the Wiccan/Pagan term for the spring equinox. I just think it's a beautiful name. I'm also especially fond of Samantha, Sam for short. There is a part of me that has really wanted to name a daughter Jennifer, after my best friend who passed away only a few months before high school graduation. (All this is purely hypothetical, since I will never have a child of my own; If I ever do it will be through adoption.)

My husband and I are trying for a baby right now, so this topic has been on my mind a lot recently. For a girl, Alexandra Kristine. Alexandra or Allie for short is a favorite of mine. And Kristine honors both our mothers. 

For a boy, Malachi Michael or Zachary Michael. Malachi because my husband’s family is full of biblical names, and Zachary because I bet that would have been my name were I a boy, lol. It’s my dad’s favorite. Then Michael would honor my husband’s father who passed away. 

Ummm, I'm not really sure.

I really want to have daughters! And I like the names Natalia, Lilian, Emma (or Anna), Ioanna, etc :D

For boys... I don't know XD

My partner and I want 3 kids, with at least one of each gender, personally my ideal is two boys and a girl, but I've a couple of names all picked out already, just incase. Each name is a single first name that is all their own (not named after anyone) and a double middle name, one for each side of the family. I've definitely put waaaay too much thought into all this, but my partner and I have been together for almost 10 years so I've had a lot of time to think about it (and we just started trying, so fingers crossed i'll actually get to use these soon!)

First son and daughter are going to be Seth Jamie-Penryn, and Clementine Joy-Josephine.
Seth, because I just like it, Jamie after my uncle who raised me like a daughter, and Penryn for my partners side, it's a family name, the first son of the first son and all that, and i think it's just a nice name too. Because i picked Seth, my partner got to pick the girls name and he picked Clementine, largely for the little girl in the walking dead game, which is adorable because my partner's name is the same as the protagonist who looks after the little girl in the game, Joy, his mother's middle name, and Josephine, my mother and grandmother's middle names.

And then the surplus names are Erin Mary-Louise (mary after best friend, louise after other best friend and my sister) and the extra boys name is still being decided. The middle names are definitely Wayne-Robert (wayne is my father, robert is his father, clearly we're running out of ideas but I like the way the names sound together) but the first name is a toss up between Hesher (which i love but my partner, not so much), James, or Malachi.

I don't want to reveal my children's names online, but I can tell a bit about them.  My first child was named after a dog in a movie.  The dog was the hero of the film and we (my ex and I) liked the sound of the name and so she was named that.    My first son was named normally.. a Scottish first name and my middle name..    My second son was given an English name, but a Scot's Gaelic middle name meaning 'Mary'....  We still tease them about it, but they are proud of their names...

I know, I know...  Bad parents....  

as for the second son, we had decided to name the baby after her favorite Aunt whether boy or girl...

On 6/9/2015 at 10:23 AM, hazeh said:

My girlfriend and I decided that for a girl, her first name will be Zoie. We're still unsure about a middle name I think, haha. But for a boy, it'll be Morgan Skyler smile.gif She really liked the name Veronica for a girl with a nickname of Ronnie, but I don't like Veronica. I also really like the names Presley, Colby, Luka, Ezekiel, Gabriel, and Tobias.

So as we get closer and closer to planning our pregnancy, I think we've managed to settle somewhat on our names. :D The boy's name remains as Morgan Skylar (though I'd happily give this name to a girl, too, but the gf doesn't like Morgan for a girl). For a girl we at first decided on Presley, since it's a name I've liked for a long while, but I've started moving away from it recently. We toyed with the idea of Genevieve since we both love the name, but GF would call her Gen, which I don't like since I already have an Aunt Jen. I want to call her Vieve, or Viv, but gf doesn't like that. Recently we both have enjoyed the name Diana a lot; for the gf, it's because of Wonder Woman, and for me it's for the Roman goddess Diana. I like her counterpart's name Artemis too, but I think that's a little too witchy/unusual for my girlfriend. I also really like the names Samantha, Lorelai, and Lena. 

Countdown to four years until babies! Gotta get those buns in the oven before I hit 30. 

On 11/8/2017 at 2:24 PM, HeatherMarie said:

I've always wanted to name my daughter Ostara, after the Wiccan/Pagan term for the spring equinox. I just think it's a beautiful name. I'm also especially fond of Samantha, Sam for short. There is a part of me that has really wanted to name a daughter Jennifer, after my best friend who passed away only a few months before high school graduation. (All this is purely hypothetical, since I will never have a child of my own; If I ever do it will be through adoption.)

I understand what you meant by "Never have one of your own"...  BUT, if and when you adopt, that child will be your own in every manner except for the incidental one of birth.  And, not counting the birth year of the child, it will feel like your child was born TO YOU on the day he or ahe entered your home...

This is an interesting topic actually. Since my boyfriend is Belgian and I'm Finnish I've been considering giving our kids one Finnish and one more international or French name. That is, if we ever do end up having kids. So, perhaps something like... Leevi Ludovic for a boy, Aava Astrid for a girl? They would probably use his surname by default too, as I feel it is way more elegant sounding and international than my own Finnish surname. It will be really tough to think of the actual names though, given that Finnish and French don't really match up all that well as languages. I just figure his side of the family should be able to pronounce at least one of his kids' names without much of a fuss. At the same time, I don't really want to give up having a Finnish name either because I think it's important that they have something that reminds them of their Finnish heritage too.

Edited by Nagapie

I haven't put a lot of thought into it since I won't be having kids anytime soon, but I really like the name Oliver... :huh: