Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Just missed an all number shumoga. I have a female one that I've been looking for a permanent mate for 

*goes through my bsas and building a group of each kind*

Then comes the realization that I have more aeons than pinks, magis, whites, and same number of aeons and reds

How did I end up in this position...?? I thought aeons are supposed to be the rarer kind here 

2 hours ago, Moriaty said:

*goes through my bsas and building a group of each kind*

Then comes the realization that I have more aeons than pinks, magis, whites, and same number of aeons and reds

How did I end up in this position...?? I thought aeons are supposed to be the rarer kind here 

Funny how that can sneak up on you! Don't realize you have collected so many and then get a shock.

Current bad luck, I need more Bolts! I very rarely used Stun at all before the alt-Electrics and never bothered to collect beyond my normal 20 with Bolts... I need to do some math and figure out how many Bolts I need to actually get through this alt-Electric project.

7 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Current bad luck, I need more Bolts!

Feel you on that one, I never collected Bolts to begin with and just recently realized how unbelievably gorgeous Charged Electrics look. Gets even better, because I'm currently racing to get my 150 Reds before the Holiday event begins.

At least Bolts are relatively common in AP so its not too bad.

After being extremely careful with my eggs and hatcheries, I got a little wild and put a couple eggs in at the 5d 12h mark… only to wake up to my beautiful lineage prize egg dead. 😭 It was my first prize egg with a lineage that I was able to continue on my own!!

I don't know what it is with me and sick eggs but they get sick and die before I even get a chance to login. It's been a couple months since the last one but it really drags me down. :(

5 hours ago, sleepymuggle said:

After being extremely careful with my eggs and hatcheries, I got a little wild and put a couple eggs in at the 5d 12h mark… only to wake up to my beautiful lineage prize egg dead. 😭 It was my first prize egg with a lineage that I was able to continue on my own!!

I don't know what it is with me and sick eggs but they get sick and die before I even get a chance to login. It's been a couple months since the last one but it really drags me down. :(

Thats really odd. I put all my eggs in at that point and earlier like the 5 days and 17 hours mark, usually into like 7 hatcheries and they basically never get sick.

This is the second week in a row I forgot to breed my Sapphire Gemshard on Wednesday...:dry: Might have to start a spreadsheet after all.

On 12/1/2021 at 5:18 PM, sleepymuggle said:

I'm seconding Paradisiske here; that's odd.  I generally put all my eggs into two hatcheries when they hit the 6d0h point, and I don't think I've ever had one die from sickness.  Wonder if there was some viewbombing going on...?   (Although I am extra-careful around the holidays to check on them more often, since hatcheries get unusually high numbers of views during those periods.  So if your egg died during the holiday frenzy, maybe that's the culprit.)

So sorry about your beautiful Prize egg; I hope you can find another!

Edited by sorenna

Lunars are driving me insane!

Last chance for a blue one before Christmas and they were not interested in each other...

On 12/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, BringsTheSnow said:

This is the second week in a row I forgot to breed my Sapphire Gemshard on Wednesday...:dry: Might have to start a spreadsheet after all.

Yeah, same here. After Lunars the Gemshard's times are another challenge and I started putting reminders into my mobile phone's calendar. 😅

1 hour ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Lunars are driving me insane!

Last chance for a blue one before Christmas and they were not interested in each other...

Yeah, same here. After Lunars the Gemshard's times are another challenge and I started putting reminders into my mobile phone's calendar. 😅

https://dragcave.net/progeny/GJ4PA

I feel you about the Lunars! This pair has given me 3 Elux in a row. I am still trying to get a Blue Lunar Herald from them.

On 12/2/2021 at 5:00 AM, Paradisiske said:

Thats really odd. I put all my eggs in at that point and earlier like the 5 days and 17 hours mark, usually into like 7 hatcheries and they basically never get sick

Prizes do get sick easier being one of the annoying- I mean stubborn breeds to hatch! But death is probs a bit much? How many views did it have on death? 

12 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Prizes do get sick easier being one of the annoying- I mean stubborn breeds to hatch! But death is probs a bit much? How many views did it have on death? 

I looked at their scroll and the dead egg says 1378/332. I kind of doubt they put it in at 5 days 12 hours though, it honestly look more like they incubated it and put the egg into a bunch of hatcheries at real age 6 days 12 hours.  Eggs usually don't get sick, never mind actually die, with that stat when it's actually under 5 days 12 hours...

I was just going thru my prize dragons to breed and trade away 3rd gen prize checkers, only to find that one of my 2nd gen Hollies has a dead mommy.

Saddest part is that Holly was my prize for winning the Holly contest back in 2019.

I have plenty of other dragons, but now anybody who got a 3rd gen checker from them now has the lineage ruined as well.

That is 20 3rd gens with ruined lineages, one wild, one owned by me, and 18 owned by other people.

The dragons I want to breed for hybrid offspring are 50/50 no eggs or one of the parent breeds, never a hybrid. The worst part is that I'm also trying to 'breed' offspring-less cb pyropellis wyvern alts but out of the 20 adults I've owned, only one was able to get the color change and not produce an egg. Every single pair produced an egg. Every one. So apparently I only get eggs when I don't want them.

Why is it so hard to find dorsals? I need CB red ones and I've been hunting them for days but I haven't even seen one. I remember them being a lot more common than this.

The first time I tried to get a Wild Shumoga I failed.

So I tried again today. I also failed.

Man! :(

My bad luck:

Last chance to breed this 3G Silver I need for a Christmas lineage project!  Gonna use Fertility!  Come on, Silver egg!

No egg.  D:< 

On 12/14/2021 at 6:35 PM, Amberfly said:

Why is it so hard to find dorsals? I need CB red ones and I've been hunting them for days but I haven't even seen one. I remember them being a lot more common than this.

If it helps, I think this is just a case of "can't find it only because you're looking for it!"  I see them pretty frequently, and just picked up one two minutes ago.  (Purple, though.) 

Edited by sorenna

On 12/14/2021 at 4:35 PM, Amberfly said:

It's always when you're hunting for a specific dragon species you see all the time is when they decide to never spawn 💔

I've been having that bad luck as of late as I've been grabbing a bunch of CB dragons for the Encyclopedia (I wanna fill it out by owning the dragons rather than viewing 'em) and I've been looking for dragons common in Cave but hard to catch or find behind walls in AP. And some dragons that I see all the dang time just never appear! It took me over an hour to find a Bleeding Moon when I had been seeing them constantly before just a few days before! I tried looking for the Crystaline and Elux Lucis since during my hunt a few days before for the bloodmoon I was constantly seeing them, now it had been almost 2 hours and they never popped before i gave up and just grabbed two Kovos (I'm trying to go in order since that's easier to check but I knew I needed those) and now I see them just sitting in the cave again! 😔 Sometime it just be like that.

On 12/17/2021 at 5:57 PM, Mephino said:

It's always when you're hunting for a specific dragon species you see all the time is when they decide to never spawn 💔

Exactly this!  I swear, they just turn invisible when they know I'm hunting them.  Other people can see them, but not me!

I miscalculated the beginning of this month's event and now all of my Reds are out of commission for at least four days. Heck!

Upon further reflection I am very ill-equipped for this release. No room. No reds. No anything. Heck 2!

Edited by 0x08

Woke up later than I intended to XD So eggs have been bred a little late in the day. Ah well. 

On 12/17/2021 at 11:57 PM, Mephino said:

I feel this in my soul XD