Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

My last six Halloween hatchies gendered today, and all but one are wrong gender. Some of them were actually my favourite AP finds this year. 😿

Bred my CB Pitfires this year in a hope of contributing a bit to making them less scarce; just noticed that 8 of the produced eggs went to a single person. Good on them for their catching skills in the AP, I suppose, but that wasn't the intention. XD Little bummed that evidently didn't work out as intended.

On the plus side, it means I evidently matched at least someone's taste in Pitfire mates. XD 👍 Which is sweet.

Edit:

7 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

That's pretty wild. 🤔  A really improbable happening. They must have fingers of lightning.

The Pitfires probably hit the AP at roughly the time the person was hunting, and they were really good at picking up Pitfires, yeah. :) I'm thinking of spacing out the breeding next time, time and muse permitting, so they hit the AP spaced apart a bit more.

Edited by pinkgothic

4 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Bred my CB Pitfires this year in a hope of contributing a bit to making them less scarce; just noticed that 8 of the produced eggs went to a single person. Good on them for their catching skills in the AP, I suppose, but that wasn't the intention. XD Little bummed that evidently didn't work out as intended.

On the plus side, it means I evidently matched at least someone's taste in Pitfire mates. XD 👍 Which is sweet.

That's pretty wild. 🤔  A really improbable happening. They must have fingers of lightning.

Bred 15 pairs of Iris/Alstro Florets and not a single magenta-egg to be seen. I slacked off on trying for a few months and hoped the odds would be better by now. 

I don't know if I should consider this bad luck entirely, I hatched 3 sitting black alts in the past few days and zero curled : / I also hatched two alts during halloween that are also sitting.  Then looking back it seems that I haven't been able to get a curled alt in a year (though to be fair, I haven't been that actively trying to hatch black eggs until the past two months or so). Is sitting alt just that much more common than curled alts? I thought they have the same possibility of showing up

a bit late luck, but i tried ressurecting 5 dragons during halloween night so i could have zombies.... they all died without putting up a fight, thats the good part : i got absolutely no zombie, or even a dragon back, that was the bad part. :D 

5 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

ALSO this guy https://dragcave.net/view/wsUbg died, somehow? I put him in hatchies but it didnt work...

It was stunned. The Stun should have ended before it died, though. 

Oh, no. Yours wasn't the only one that died. I guess I held them half a day too long. I didn't know. ☹️

I've been collecting Electrics for awhile for a project, and usually see multiple a day in the AP. And I usually toss back most 2gs. Just today I decided a new way to sort this project, which requires even more Electrics than I'd thought, and now of course I haven't seen a single Electric all day (and I'm kicking myself for tossing back so many...).

Been trying to catch a CB blusang. No luck so far, and the ones in trade offers are all up for eggs I don’t have.

It got unlocked in the market but I don’t have enough shards for one >:p

i just cant get a blusang egg.. i only have one blusang and when i finally got a egg i forgot i had no space.. i really just want another blusang!

Every single two-headed dragon I manage to obtain has turned out male so far. And of course I don't have a dragon I can use to influence them, so at this point it's just my fate. I'd love to be able to breed my two-headed dragons at some point, but without a female that's not likely to happen.

Edit: A few people have actually helped me out with this, so thank you so much everyone!

Edited by saltysweetren

21 hours ago, saltysweetren said:

Every single two-headed dragon I manage to obtain has turned out male so far. And of course I don't have a dragon I can use to influence them, so at this point it's just my fate. I'd love to be able to breed my two-headed dragons at some point, but without a female that's not likely to happen.

Feel free to ask anytime if you need someone to influence an egg for you! If it's incuhatchable I can gladly influence and hatch it for you. I know the struggle from when I started playing and did not use the forum. So no help in sight for me back then. ^^°
Also can always use this thread for help with influences and such:
https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/158260-random-scroll-help-and-missed-connections/

Update: managed to get a blusang from trade.

I also figured out how different BSAs affect the kind of canto you get... thanks, wiki. Thought I was doing something wrong for ages.

Trying to breed something for another user who requested and only got 1 egg out of 4 attempts, including a refusal! Sorry. :(

I have a Nebula x Ridgewing pair for a lineage that Absolutely Refuse to breed a Carina! A Carina is supposed to be possible from that pairing, right, or am I tragically mistaken?

1 hour ago, Aniia said:

I have a Nebula x Ridgewing pair for a lineage that Absolutely Refuse to breed a Carina! A Carina is supposed to be possible from that pairing, right, or am I tragically mistaken?

No, that's correct, that's the pairing that should produce a Carina. I hope you can get one out of your dragons sometime!

Tried to mass breed some 2G hybrid goodies, 2G blacks, undines, spinels and vines, 2G stripes and mass breed event ones (Khusa/Brute). Be the change you want to see and all that.

A lot of no egg/refuses or hybrid fails! That is my bad luck :( Heres to hoping some of the alt-ables go alt tho!

My Bauta hatchling is female. I thought I influenced it to be male.... Ugh..........

4 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Tried to mass breed some 2G hybrid goodies, 2G blacks, undines, spinels and vines, 2G stripes and mass breed event ones (Khusa/Brute). Be the change you want to see and all that.

A lot of no egg/refuses or hybrid fails! That is my bad luck :( Heres to hoping some of the alt-ables go alt tho!

That is the new normal right now unfortunately. 

9 hours ago, Aniia said:

you're not alone!! I finally managed to breed another carina from my heart lineage... after 10 months of nebulas, ridgewings and no-eggers >_<

Don't know if it count as "bad luck" but I had the dilemma of "do I adopt dragon or do I wait for an eventual new release?" I don't want to be egglock right when new dragons drop! So my scroll is eggless because of that. (Also oops the shells) 

Edit: well I guess the badluck is not knowing there isn't november release lol

Edited by Nightmon