Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Egglocked with Halloweens and waiting for my plants to grow up. So I decide to go breed some of my checkers for the AP,  and what are the chances that after so many attempts they finally gave a gold.... straight to the AP. 

I can only hope that whoever finds it has enough time to influence it in time 😅

Accidentally clicked to kill all the crops in my farm instead of water them, and then misbred a CB Arcana to a messy staterae instead of the CB one 😬

Terrible luck in breeding a Jester 😔

And terrible Gender luck in getting non-related Blanblacks and Batuas without influence! (Been focusing on getting encyclopedia entries for all dragons so getting more haven't been high on the list)

Missed just about a bizillion cb pitfires, ughhhhhh

And meanwhile I got attracted to a few codes too. I mean, I'm supposed to be getting the CB halloweens that I missed for the past few years, I have mixed emotions now...

1022591360_ScreenShot2021-10-29at3_16_21AM.png.a95eb3a4e13fdcd2074ed6acfeb07bcf.png

On 10/28/2021 at 5:38 AM, brevi said:

Egglocked with Halloweens and waiting for my plants to grow up. So I decide to go breed some of my checkers for the AP,  and what are the chances that after so many attempts they finally gave a gold.... straight to the AP. 

I can only hope that whoever finds it has enough time to influence it in time 😅

Oh my, this is really unfortunate=( The lineage is a beauty=3

I have a bad habit of only clicking on Caligene eggs. I’m pretty sure I don’t need anymore atm. Could stand to have almost anything else lol. 

Me was looking for CB pitfires. Me got egg locked by random stuff

Me don't think me can get my CB pitfire quota filled by end of halloween now...

1289939084_ScreenShot2021-10-29at11_08_42PM.png.aba1a52f7b1f7a5738a6de3680da73da.png

*Sigh* it’s just the “can’t breed Halloween dragons the year you get them” rule.

a bit of back story.

I set out on a breeding project I called “The All-Blacks” a few months ago. It encompasses all the black-coloured dragons in the Cave and includes, of course, the Hallowe’en dragons from years past. It’s an even-seven configuration and went alphabetically in the first Gen.

I bred the line to a standstill back in August and settled down to wait until my Cavern Lurkers, Depisis, Black Marrows, and Caligenes were ready. That was a few days ago and yay! I got four lovely black eggs that grew up this morning. When I went to breed them and carry on the project, the Breed action was unavailable until Nov 1 — which of course falls just outside their season and means an automatic Refuse until October 24, 2022 😔

So now my All-Blacks is on the b(l)ack burner for 360 days…which I’ll be likely counting down to the second…

Not whining. Just venting. Patience is, after all, a virtue.

39 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

I abandoned a hatchling I really, really, really didn't mean to abandon. I didn't check properly and now it's gone. I'm heartbroken.

Oh no! What line was it? Maybe someone can replace.

I used to name keepers to prevent this but for some reason you can now abandon named things so (at least Im sure it used to prevent abandoning). Really preferred when being able to abandon named dragons wasnt a feature, I have nearly done the same several times out of tiredness.

7 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

It was a caveborn. No replacing that (easily anyway). It especially hurts because this hatchling I abandoned came with its little friend when I got it a few days ago.

Ah, that is a shame. If I see and grab an out of place CB in the AP, I will ask!

Staying up was NOT worth it.

All my zombies failed (save one that revived normally) and two of them I didn't even know failed due to lag from the Halloween rush.

Despite spending hours trying, I have caught exactly zero CB Pitfires.  D:<   AND on top of that, some serious-ish RL stuff got in the way of my breeding schedule, so I couldn't breed my Halloween lineages on time and now I'm stuck with 4 bred eggs taking up eggslots that won't hatch until the new release has stopped dropping.  Argh!  The eggs look so promising - SWs are one of my Halloween faves, and it's been forever since we had a pale silvery Halloween release instead of black or purple; I want 400 of them, not just 4!    (Kohrakis don't count... I don't even know what colors they are! :P

I forgot to do my zombie attempts and they failed all 6 times...

(If anyone got sprites of the two headed temple wyrm as a zombie and whatever the other new one is, please show me through pm!)

Edited by Diame

I found an egg in the AP that would have been the perfect mate for my orange Pyralspite... but it was too late in fluence it and it precogs as female which the Pyralspite is.

Two of my hatchlings died overnight while I was asleep. It’s never happened to me before, and they weren’t Halloween dragons, so I didn’t think I would need to fog them as eggs because they weren’t at a low time. At least I might be able to try and get a zombie dragon later tonight, since I was rather unsuccessful this Halloween.

Just woke up and found a bred egg on my scroll died of soft shell. I haven’t had that happen in 11 years of playing. Just bred it around midnight my time and it got 1717/429/1 in twelve hours 😤 This egg was on Silvi’s Lair, my usual go-to hatchery and normally a very stable, safe site. I went back and took all my eggs and hatchies down until this blows over. You folks reading this might want to yank yours, whatever site you’re on.

In the meantime, for my own resiliency, I’m creating a mental picture of walking up to a smirking neckbeard sitting at his computer, and punching him in the neck. Naturally I won’t follow through physically, but for the interim it’ll help.

I accidentally lost an Amalthean egg because I did not know I was egglocked. It was also my first one I managed to get successfully. It's code was pretty nice too: IshEe

I would have loved to have it, but that's what I get for breeding dragons when I'm feeling a little sick.

7 hours ago, Stormfriend said:

Just woke up and found a bred egg on my scroll died of soft shell. I haven’t had that happen in 11 years of playing. Just bred it around midnight my time and it got 1717/429/1 in twelve hours 😤 This egg was on Silvi’s Lair, my usual go-to hatchery and normally a very stable, safe site. I went back and took all my eggs and hatchies down until this blows over. You folks reading this might want to yank yours, whatever site you’re on.

In the meantime, for my own resiliency, I’m creating a mental picture of walking up to a smirking neckbeard sitting at his computer, and punching him in the neck. Naturally I won’t follow through physically, but for the interim it’ll help.

That might not have been viewbombing. Hatcheries are always a lot busier during the holidays and in general dragons in hatcheries during holiday-times will get more stats faster. Putting a freshly-bred egg into a hatchery isn't really a good idea to begin with, but especially not during the high-traffic holiday times. (Really, if this is the first time you've experienced this and you normally put fresh eggs in hatcheries, you are *really* lucky!)

Current bad luck: Struggled to get Pitfires during breeding-week, now picking them up fairly easy but of course they are *all* 2g. 

I ran out of precogs and still don't have my male pitfire freezie... I don't wanna keep bumming precogs off people so I have to hope I get lucky and snatch a hatchie from the wall (and freeze it before it grows) >_<

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

That might not have been viewbombing. Hatcheries are always a lot busier during the holidays and in general dragons in hatcheries during holiday-times will get more stats faster. Putting a freshly-bred egg into a hatchery isn't really a good idea to begin with, but especially not during the high-traffic holiday times. (Really, if this is the first time you've experienced this and you normally put fresh eggs in hatcheries, you are *really* lucky!)

Just had proof of viewbombing. I took all my eggs and hatchies off click sites but didn’t fog them, thinking them safe. The soft shell cleared up and then came back. Someone put them in a hatchery without permission. Now I have them all fogged.

They should be fine. Most of them were either close to adult or hatching and they have enough stats to grow up or hatch under fog.

Was really hoping to wake up to some gendered hatchlings this morning, but no. I have a batch of stubborn little monsters this time XD They came from the low-time egg wall, so I won't know if I want to keep them till they gender. I'm out of precogs and nearly scroll-locked. The clear message here is that I need a whole lot more aeons than I currently possess.

14 hours ago, Arcy said:

I ran out of precogs and still don't have my male pitfire freezie... I don't wanna keep bumming precogs off people so I have to hope I get lucky and snatch a hatchie from the wall (and freeze it before it grows) >_<

I am out of space to collect more anything and have some precogs left, so if you are still around and can hold a hatchie for me in the meantime I'll be online on and off for the next 4ish hours. :)

Only "bad luck" to report for myself currently is being out of space to try and catch more Kohrakis. And only one freeze slot left that I will need for a hatchie when it genders and the wall is gone. Sad times, but bearable. ^^

I just found out one of my Earth Dragons has a dead linage now: https://dragcave.net/lineage/hMHrR

He is named "Red Sox Dorkface Alkohol" which indicates he probably had a messy linage with (TheOriginal)Dorkface, Sox (a red Dragon often found in old Dorkface linages) and the Tinsel Alcohol in them.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki