Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

2 hours ago, Chaosdawn said:

I needed a regular black for a lineage project. Guess what hatched. (Hint: it wasn't a regular black.) XD

Omg that happens to me way too often! I have a regular-Black s1 frozen army and the number of times I've hatched one to freeze only for it to be an alt... Of course when I actually want alts I usually get regulars (looking at you Undines!). 

I love Celestial dragons, but I swear I'm never doing a lineage with them again. It'll look beautiful when its done, but its taking me years lol with their long cooldown.

Also I have a Nebula x Ridgewing pair that simply refuse to give me a Carina.

And, I dunno if this counts as bad luck, but I need a female ND or hatchling for my collection and no hope of getting one lol. On my very first ND experiment the egg turned perfectly, but then died (due to a mistyped password!) before it could hatch, and I've never gotten another to turn since. 

I just happened to pick up an egg from the forest that I've been wanting and maxed out my egg count... and then bam I see it... my dream... a CB aeon egg

There's nothing I can do and it's gone before I can even attempt to abandon one of my other eggs T.T

I poked around in the hub and some threads before my weekly Prize breeding today, since I didn't have any IOUs to fulfill I was looking for people asking for specific pairings, I really hoped to surprise someone with a gift.... Nope, got no egg. I've been really surprised at how well my Prize has bred since I got him, and I breed him every week so maybe he just needed a break lol, but yeah I've never minded the week-long breeding cooldown until I got a Prize!

My elbow hurts, well, my 2 elbows. My right elbow is worse, it hurts when I straighten my arm, I use my right hand to manipulate the mouse and that stuff. My left elbow hurts a little but because I use my left hand to press Ctrl+R to refresh biomes when hunting. I'll keep playing DC breeding BSA's or other small long-term breeding projects I have so I recover for Halloween madness. Besides, I haven't seen Oracle Wyrms drop in the Alpine in recent days, so maybe it's another sign for taking a break of hunting.

Thing is I'm expecting a release this weekend, I'll rest my arms as much as possible for the next couple days so I'll be ready. 

Just in case.

Missed a gold in the cave, all because theres too many random breeds with ‘metallic’ in the descrip :( First I have seen in a stupidly long amount of time, not for lack of trying.

Note: if double posted sorry, having some trouble with physical mobility as its getting colder :(

Not bad luck but maybe naivety… when I ask for a specific gender of hatchie in a trade, I usually accept ungendered hatchlings, trusting the other person to have influenced the egg/precogged the hatchie accordingly. Well, just got the wrong gender in a trade so I guess I won’t do that anymore.

Not a bad luck ,a bit of stupidity - grabbed  in AP a very pretty autumn  checker from yellow sapphs and summers and accidentally abandoned it instead of the actual egg I needed to abandon. It was such a pretty lineage=(

Didn't try, with all my being, to fight for a Paper in the Cave waiting for that Mirisia Amphiptere eggie.

The Mirisia popped up. Didn't get it.

Next I saw a Chicken, I know in my heart I could have got it but I really want more Mirisias...

T__T

I got so many Silvers from the cave. Jk the're all Glowback Pygmys..

On 10/2/2021 at 5:50 AM, Elessar said:

I got so many Silvers from the cave. Jk the're all Glowback Pygmys..

You sound like me with Silvers Nebulas (always mistake the description of them)

That aside, I was having the worst luck finding any Almerald egg (had less than 12 hours left to find one) - and finally I got one after passing up several much more valuable options (prize breeds, even saw a gold go past in the AP)

I've been trying to breed Amalthean Dragons, but my CB female Undines REFUSE to breed with my two CB White males. Yet when one successfully breeds, I just get a basic Undine egg. 😭

I have also been trying to breed Spotted Teal Drakes, but they refuse to give me any hybrids. They just give me Morphodrakes that I end up abandoning. RIP.

Guess I'll just need to get some more CB Undines and especially CB Whites, since they don't seem to like my two current CB male Whites. I just don't have much luck with breeding hybrids.

haven't been able to find a lot of pipio pigmies for a lineage project :') everyone says they're common but i barely see them

Not much bad luck but my own stupidity.

After finally obtaining a Canto traded to unlock the Itus, which is my favourite outcome, i mistakenly INCUBATED IT to make room for halloween dragons. T____T

I had to share it :(

13 hours ago, jengatower said:

haven't been able to find a lot of pipio pigmies for a lineage project :') everyone says they're common but i barely see them

ah yes, it's a pain. When ever you need a specific somewhat common breed there seem to be no eggs around.
I usually have no trouble finding pipios, so if you remind me after halloween madness, I'll gladly help you catch some. :)

14 hours ago, jengatower said:

i'm always selfishly yoinking them from the AP to freeze because i love the s1 sprite (i have a mini army) but i very rarely see them on the AP myself, let alone CBs. i had to specifically look for them and even then it took me a while to find any as well when i needed CBs, so i'd say theyre on the slightly more uncommon side.

My scroll has like 2 times the number of males than females for some reason and both of my pink dragons are also male (I have to breed more of them). Also lost about 4 eggs (2 xenos, 1 xol, 1 purple) to dragon sickness overnight a few days back when I wasn't able to hide them fast enough. I learned a lesson from it and don't add eggs to sites unless about a day has passed.  

Edited by Alixiron

I can't compete with ppl in the Halloween biome. I keep missing the eggs I want also saw one with a really cool code but I was too slow

Also trying to get them ASAP because of limited Halloween time ie. soon I catch the sooner I can hatch but I can't stay on for much longer OTL
I really don't want to have to wait until I wake up because of the loss of time.
Hopefully it calms down soon or I get lucky! (Posting here almost always has a tendency to turn my luck around ^^)

1 hour ago, Amberfly said:

Everything I'm finding in the AP is just...not what I'm looking for.

Oh man I know that struggle. My first few Halloween eggs of the season were basically me 'settling' because I just wasn't finding what I really wanted but I didn't want to waste too much time with so many empty eggslots.

ive managed to catch 3 CB pitfires, but it seems the last 4th one i need has been fleeing my grasp every time. 😭

I almost only get female dragons and when I try to hunt a rare egg I get only common ones in EVERY area and sometimes even the same egg as a double at the same area i seem to be cursed 😅

While hunting for AP Halloweens... I missed a CB pink sapphire! 😿