Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

2 minutes ago, coo_ said:

SAME

Golds and silvers? check.

Staterae? Still haven't even seen their description in-cave. Cool.

Same. I saw a couple on release, but wasn't able to grab any :( I ended up trading for two and buying one from the market!

I saw one and assumed it was a normal xeno and I couldn't read, so stopped to reread it a few times... So by the time I actually clicked on it it was long gone

So this time I tried a market born stat with a GoN because I knew about how biomes and the parent's elements effect the xeno type that is produced, since neither have a biome and both are neutral aligned I figured that I would have a great chance of getting a staterae out of it. Nope, random Obidar because RNG hates me and my inability to remember that random xenos are sometimes produced.

I also was off my guard and missed a CB Staterae today. Which stinks in a less personal sort of way.

Today has been a bad day for Staterae and I.

I've lost count how many times I've attempted to breed my silver tinsel with an aether wyvern with the hopes of receiving a tinsel. Not once. Not one time. It either fails or gives me yet another aether.

I've been trying to repay a debt for over a year with this.

2 hours ago, blackmoonflower said:

I've lost count how many times I've attempted to breed my silver tinsel with an aether wyvern with the hopes of receiving a tinsel. Not once. Not one time. It either fails or gives me yet another aether.

I understand how you feel. I had the same problem, bred my tinsel from Feb 2019 to May 2020, with 3 different aether wyvern mates - only got aether or no egg/no interest.

Maybe you can contact the person and ask them to change the mate?

Anyway, my current bad luck is breeding almost all my 2G shimmers to offer on a trade, but all I got is no egg and several shimmerkin.

When 1 pair finally gave a shiny, my offer was declined. 😥

Still have no Staterae. I haven't even seen one in the cave. I'm not interested in 2 gens till I have a few CB's.

48 minutes ago, AngelsSin said:

Still have no Staterae. I haven't even seen one in the cave. I'm not interested in 2 gens till I have a few CB's.

Ditto. And I still have no more than one pair of most of the new Xenos, either, when my goal is 4 pairs of each.

No Staterae here, either. Can't even breed for them.

2 hours ago, AngelsSin said:

On 8/8/2020 at 4:57 AM, blackmoonflower said:

I feel you on it. Was trying to breed a gold floret tinsel-kin from my bronze tinsel and she kept giving me tinsels or no eggs (the one time I needed the kin). My silver tinsel has also been being a butt on either giving me kins or no eggs at all.

During the last few days, I've missed three CB golds. The thing is, usually I can't even see them, so I'm not used to these dissapointments when "another person may have grabbed it already"...

Saw a Blusang in the cave and missed it. But, I haven’t seen one Red in the cave since yesterday. 😕

0/3 on Tinsels this week

Bronze Tinsel x Ember: No Egg

Gold Tinsel x Dark Green: Tinselkin (auto-abandoned)

Silver Tinsel x Pink: refusal  

I pick up a hatchling in the AP just to look at it. It won't let me abandon it. I've usually been lucky and after doing a few abandons I am able to get rid of such hatchlings. Not this time. I'm sorry, but I am not in the health and thus not in the mood for this BS.

Kill
You take your blade and stab the hatchling, watching the life slowly leave its eyes as it stares at you, wondering why you betrayed it.

Betrayed it my foot. I didn't raise the bugger to begin with. I do feel somewhat evil, now, though.

Freezing and releasing would also have been an option, if you have freezes left.

I'm currently stuck in a couple of lineages. I'm unable to get *anything* from Ultraviolets other than Ultraviolets and Spitfires ...

@RubyEyes - I got a couple of purple, and the legendary peeps on the UoD also got some purple from spits x purples - they're in the AP if you're interested.

No CB staterae and have never seen one fall yet. I bought a market place one but it's not the same.

Is there a thread where we can ask for one? I know there's a few gifting threads but don't recall seeing any for staterae eggs.

My current bad luck was an unpleasant encounter with a user that left me somewhat speechless. Imagine you catch a CB dragon from someone's wishlist to gift it to them and then hold it for a while longer than 24 hours for the user to collect.  Said user actually read your PM with the teleport 5 hours after you sent it to them but didn't reply until almost two days later (when you finally decided to free the eggslot and give said CB egg to someone else), and then sends you a whiny PM that they think no one wants to gift them anything they really want (when another user also gifted them an egg from said wishlist as one could read in the gifting thread). Imagine then that you offer to breed that user a 3G Prize dragon (also from the above mentioned wishlist, by the way) as replacement for the CB gift (said user should only tell me whether they want an EG or stair) and then get the reply PM that you are rude and they don't want the Prize and I should never PM them again - then you really wonder about some people's manners...

Caught three CB Xenos today - but all old ones I no longer need. PLS why can't we have separate descriptions for the eggs this is bad enough without the old ones mixing in 😭

3 hours ago, Astreya said:

My current bad luck was an unpleasant encounter with a user that left me somewhat speechless. Imagine you catch a CB dragon from someone's wishlist to gift it to them and then hold it for a while longer than 24 hours for the user to collect.  Said user actually read your PM with the teleport 5 hours after you sent it to them but didn't reply until almost two days later (when you finally decided to free the eggslot and give said CB egg to someone else), and then sends you a whiny PM that they think no one wants to gift them anything they really want (when another user also gifted them an egg from said wishlist as one could read in the gifting thread). Imagine then that you offer to breed that user a 3G Prize dragon (also from the above mentioned wishlist, by the way) as replacement for the CB gift (said user should only tell me whether they want an EG or stair) and then get the reply PM that you are rude and they don't want the Prize and I should never PM them again - then you really wonder about some people's manners...

Wow, I cannot imagine someone ignoring a pm with a gift then two days later having the gall to call the gifter rude. I just can't even. I'd say you got the better end of the deal if they never talk to you again. 

Posted (edited)

@Astreya Aw, that's terrible. :( I always want to believe that most people don't really actively and purposely try to hurt others – I mean, that's not their motivation for acting rude – but they just can't master good manners and empathy and won't think through how their actions affect others. I always feel very bad when things like that happen, be it online or in real life. Fortunately almost every person I've encountered here on DC is incredibly kind and friendly, and I hope you have a similar experience. Maybe it helps at least a bit to know that most often the communication with other players is far more pleasant than that. :)

Edited by Varislapsi

@Chaosdawn

@Varislapsi

Well, it was a somewhat new user, so I'm normally a bit lenient, but I have to admit I was a bit cross when someone gets stuff from their wishlist and then whines it was not what they really wanted, probably because it was a Tier 3 gift. Frankly, if you only want super rare shinies, then write that in your request and don't bother to list the lower tiers. ^^

And by the way, I actually considered setting the user to ignore, but I reconsidered as then I wouldn't get a PM if they would have realised the error of their ways and maybe decide to apologise so that one would be able to start freshly over. (Yes, I try to believe in the good of people :D)

On 8/15/2020 at 5:26 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

Freezing and releasing would also have been an option, if you have freezes left.

I'm currently stuck in a couple of lineages. I'm unable to get *anything* from Ultraviolets other than Ultraviolets and Spitfires ...

I had limited slots and no freezes. I was quite unwilling to wait for it to grow up into an adult since I am quite limited in my hunting time these days. Poor hatchie. Really, though... I looked at it for less than a minute and it would not leave me be. Admittedly, I was hoping it would dodge like they all do when I hit the kill button. Of course it can't dodge this time... Oh, well.

I can't trade for a dang Staterae for the life of me! Offered a 2g Shimmerkin for any bred Stat- no bites. Offering two Silver (2g & 3g) hatchies for a single bred Stat- nothing. I wanted to save my shards to buy more dinos but I'm just going to try and trade the silvers for dinos instead and just buy one. They are driving me crazy!