Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

All my eggs are younger than a day, and 2 of them are gifts of which I don't know if the recipients even wants them - soooo much egglockage for so long! XD

The description for Silver doesn’t fully register in my mind for a good half-second, lol. Just stared at one now before clicking. 😆😅 (I wasn’t fast enough, lol).

I just can't seem to get any of the new release today ... and I only managed 3 yesterday ...

(hoping for some complaint thread magic here)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I don't know if this belongs here or in the Stupid Things You've Done thread because it's both that and bad luck. A few days ago I hatched a bunch of CBs and then bred a batch of holiday checker mates. And then the new release dropped and I didn't want to abandon all of those mates, and now that I'm both unlocked and have time to hunt, the new ones have dried up and the cave keeps crashing. Just not a very good weekend for me on DC XD

Arrrggglll. I just realised that the new Xeno release messes up my naming scheme and I have to come up with something new for them! 

My old Xenos are named Biome-Xeno-suffix, e.g. Alxenaia for an Astrapi girl (ALpine XENowyrm -aia for a girl).

What the heck am I to do with the second batch of Xenos from the same biomes now??? *ponders the problem and grumbles*

@Astreya Maybe just add "Ne" (for "New") before the biome? "Nealxenaia", "Necoxenaia"? Or double the second letter, "Allxenaia", "Cooxenaia"?

@Confused Cat

While your suggestions have some merit, I settled on adding a "d" (for "deux", that is, "two) after the "xen". So the new blue Coast Xeno girl is named "Coxendaia" now, a new purple Jungle Xeno is named "Juxendaion" etc. I think I'm quite content with this solution.

I bred an egg I wanted to keep when I was still egglocked. >.<  I'm hoping whomever picks it up will be nice enough to return it. I shouldn't be breeding early in the morning. OTL

I picked up two common eggs by mistake while hunting for the new Xenos. After some deliberation, I figured I would try and use Bite on them to yeet them to the AP early. Of course both of them turned yet neither of them got tossed to the AP. How? 😆 Oh well, at least they did not die and end up taking 24h to clear...

I'm hunting in certain biomes and as I clicked away from one my slow brain registered that one of the eggs was a paper. I flailed around and clicked back but of course it was gone. >.<

That one time when a refresh makes a Xeno appear right under my mouse ... the cave lags ...

and now I missed a z-coded one ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

My current bad luck is lag + my suddenly insanely slow internet! I'm about to give up on ever getting ANY of the new Xenos before they start showing up in the AP.

I  saw a new egg and thought I was clicking it in time.  My cursor was Just next to it and didn't select the egg fast enough.

Now I'm looking for Nebulas and can't seem to find a single one.  (I wonder if they drop at certain times and I'm just not there..?)

FINALLY grabbed a Xeno in the jungle...but it's a Gaia. Which I love, but not what I was looking for! Sigh. I'll probably try and trade it for one of the new ones.

I keep trying to breed hybrids and they end up being the breed of one or the other parent :(

Also I'm like constantly egg-locked from obsessively trying to collect every last dragon so I don't get many chances

14 hours ago, TGL1983 said:

FINALLY grabbed a Xeno in the jungle...but it's a Gaia. Which I love, but not what I was looking for! Sigh. I'll probably try and trade it for one of the new ones.

If it's not gone, I would be interested. Gaias are my all time fave Xeno! 

Missed a copper AND a new Alpine Xeno. No idea what color the copper was, but usually Alpine coppers are green. Dang it! I can't even catch NON new eggs right now. The cave lag is awful! 

1 minute ago, Suzumiya said:

usually Alpine coppers are green

Nope. They are red/rainbow.

I caught a nice code that would usually be traded within minutes.

But with this release, since my coded egg is NOT a new release egg, I'm screwed.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Nope. They are red/rainbow.

Really? The coppers DO have set colors in biomes, then? I swear I've got those brown coppers from every copper biome, though.

6 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Really? The coppers DO have set colors in biomes, then? I swear I've got those brown coppers from every copper biome, though.

They had set colours right from the beginning. Check your Coppers' biomes?

Brown ones come from hot biomes: Desert & Volcano.

Reds come from Alpine & Forest.

Greens come from wet/humid biomes: Coast & Jungle

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

They had set colours right from the beginning. Check your Coppers' biomes?

Brown ones come from hot biomes: Desert & Volcano.

Reds come from Alpine & Forest.

Greens come from wet/humid biomes: Coast & Jungle

...that is so good to know. I swear it feels like every copper I pick up is brown, even though Jungle is the biome I most frequent. XD

Been breeding (old) Xenos, trying to get a new Xeno out of them, but just keep getting the old Xenos instead. Haven't bred/caught any Staterae, I think I've only even seen 2-3 in the biomes since the release began. Tried trading for a Staterae but I guess no one is offering them, everyone is looking for them! 

WHY do I suck so badly at catching the 5 min drops? It's not hard, I have a clock, and yet it's always XX:X6 when I remember to check it. 

So, with the current release there's a specific dragon I'd like to have, another CB Staterae, I already own 3 CB Stateraes, ! via trading and the other 2 spending the past nights hunting for them, really long and tiring nights.

Anyway, adult Staterae sprites arrived on the release post and maybe that elevated their price, which is understandable, in my attempt for getting one last Staterae (for the time being, which could be years, because in my perception Stateraes -and the rest of the Xenos, including the originals- are already very rare) I grabbed a bunch of CB Xenos and even was lucky enough to catch a Cheese, so I, "brilliantly" decided to make a 2-link trade just to get my hands on that "long" waited CB Staterae I lack.

One of the links had 3 CB Ke'maroes and the Cheese and the other link had the other Ke'maro and a CB Pyro, for the first link description I wrote more or less: I can add another CB Kemaro and a CB Pyro W: CB flow egg or female hatchie...  for the second link I mentioned something like: "offer a dummy, here are the Kemaro and the Pyro, W: CB Flow"... my intention was to have a CB Flow offer in the first link and a dummy in the second link, both offers from the same person so I give away the 6 eggs to that same person in exchange of 1 single CB Flow

So I got a dummy offered on that second link, but before accepting the offer I went to take a look at the scroll of the person who offered and confirmed he/she has a CB Flow there.

After a quick serious thinking I accepted the offer as a sign of good faith, I thought maybe once he/she sees I accepted he/she will offer the Flow on the other link but nothing :( 

Dumb, naive move on my part because I don't have a way to contact this person and ask for my eggs back.

So if you who offered those dummies to me didn't get my point with that two-link trade, enjoy my hard gained eggs, please take good care of them and please don't freeze them.

Sorry to everyone reading this but I needed to share my... feelings about this.