Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

On 11/27/2019 at 1:53 PM, Suzumiya said:

CB Vines seem to have become elusive. As soon as I started actively hunting them, they magically become invisible! 

That seems to happen a lot, whatever it is you are hunting! XD

My bad luck was a whole string of no egg results when I just wanted one shiny egg from my Gold x holiday attempts. Just one. And I didn't even care which one.

Whenever I try and grab an egg but then someone else gets it, it makes me want to punch my computer screen

Saw a Silver hatchling in the AP, grabbed it just to check it's lineage, didn't realize how low-timed it was. It grew up the second it hit my scroll (like literally, got the code page and clicked to it's view page and it was grown). Not a horrible thing I guess, but it's a 3rd-gen Thuwed with an all-Thuwed base and I feel bad keeping something like that when I know others would appreciate the specific lineage more. 

Didn't have much luck catching the new release (among other things, I missed a namelike code, an all-number code and a z-code) while the biomes were mostly empty, and then BAM suddenly all full of old stuff :( so of course I keep misclicking stuff. Vamped one (sadly it didn't get repulsed); hopefully I'll find someone who'll appreciate a Blusang ...

Working on the 2g generation of a magi x lihnseyre checker. I’ve bred 16 lihnseyres and 0 magi. They were easy enough to catch, didn’t know they’d be hard to breed. 😒

Desperately seeking Pipio pygmies in the caves or trades. There. Are. NONE! Where are these little fluffy cuties? I need at least five for this lineage thing...and I don't want to have to spend 1000 shards on them! These guys shouldn't be this rare! I've seen many Xenos, one CB Silver (missed it), and countless Zyus of various colors, but not a single Pipio. I know they flip flop biomes, which makes hunting them even harder. Aggh! XD

13 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

I know they flip flop biomes, which makes hunting them even harder.

They just appear everywhere whenever they want, they don't have rules like "this hour we'll show up only *here*!"

Aveas were the ones that moved. But I have to say, I haven't seen Pipios in the cave recently either!

Can't catch any of the new ones for the Jungle / Coast biome, they all seem to go fast. NYERRRRRRRGH

19 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

Desperately seeking Pipio pygmies in the caves or trades. There. Are. NONE!

Okay that's weird, when I saw your post I immediately started looking because it seemed like I'd been seeing Pipios fairly often. But I haven't seen a single one since seeing your post. Where on earth did they go? 

My current bad luck is (still) this seemingly-unending list of unnamed dragons. That's the thing about being a fairly active user, I feel like I did a good amount of naming one day but then eggs just keep hatching so that unnamed number is constantly going back up. 

20 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

I need at least five for this lineage thing

Is it a lineage where someone else could help with 2nd gens?

My bad luck is that I'm a mainframe software developer (Cobol, SQL) but my work currently forces me to go with Java instead - I'm totally NOT an object-oriented person! :( I think I might go insane at some point.

So after months and months and MONTHS of weekly breedings and getting no eggs, this one pairing finally decided to just tell me they're not really interested in each other anyway. -_- Time to rework my holiday breeding plans... damnit, it's times like these when I really understand those people who want the holiday limits raised.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Is it a lineage where someone else could help with 2nd gens?

My bad luck is that I'm a mainframe software developer (Cobol, SQL) but my work currently forces me to go with Java instead - I'm totally NOT an object-oriented person! :( I think I might go insane at some point.

Probably...this lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/N7lZ2

Corals seem to pop up all the time. And every pair I have seem to ONLY breed Corals lately. They're newer, so I get that part, but...once again, haven't seen a single Pipio all day. There's one in trades, an egg, but they want "something pretty"...and I don't have any pretty checkers for trading right now. 

Not looking at the News section since Halloween - until now. Because we NEVER get an extra December release. *grumbles* At least the eggs are still relatively easy to catch if you're there for the shuffle. Still...

Why is it that when I’m scroll locked, a Gold egg pops up in the cave? 😑 It’s the first Gold I’ve seen since I started, too.

MORE BAD LUCK WITH PIPIOS! Bred all of my CB babies and got ONLY Coral eggs. These little feathered fluffballs hate me!

14 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

MORE BAD LUCK WITH PIPIOS! Bred all of my CB babies and got ONLY Coral eggs. These little feathered fluffballs hate me!

This is going to take a while. Corals are too new still. Keep going!

I bred a black egg with an unusual lineage to gift in the "Happy Birthday Gifting" thread in hopes it might turn Alt - but then the new release hit me unaware, and I released it, thinking that it would be regular anyway (although Murphy's Law tells you that in such a case it would definitely become an Alt). Three days later, I caught the very same egg from the AP and thought "Cool, now I can incuhatch it after all" - and of course it did turn regular. *sighs* Better luck next time, I guess...

A dragon that was a good breeder so far had "not much interest" last week, and now with a different mate (and fertility of course) "no egg". Meh. Why is a breeding cooldown week on DC so much longer than a "oh no so many things to do" week in real life?  :P

On 12/5/2019 at 4:49 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

This is going to take a while. Corals are too new still. Keep going!

Two weeks ago I got 3 Pipios when I bred my pairs, and only 1 Coral egg! I guess that was just super lucky! 

And Robbie carries on with his unbroken streak of failing to produce Prizes when I need him to... :rolleyes: I complain about never winning a Prize of my own for years and THIS is what I get? Is it too late to ask for a refund?

My bad luck always seems to be that I need a really common egg, so the second I need it of course they don't spawn in the cave anymore, and then when I don't need them anymore I see them all the time. :lol: This happens pretty much without fail. 

Missed a really good code yesterday that I was going to give to a friend

21 hours ago, Sazandora said:

And Robbie carries on with his unbroken streak of failing to produce Prizes when I need him to... :rolleyes: I complain about never winning a Prize of my own for years and THIS is what I get? Is it too late to ask for a refund?

Prizes are fun, aren't they? It took 13 weeks to get the first shiny out of my Silver Tinsel. I seriously considered just releasing her because I was so annoyed. She's slightly more cooperative now thankfully XD

My bad luck: I forgot to stock up on Reds early this year for Christmas/Secret Santa--again. So I'm trying to get one quick batch before the madness starts. But so far all of my Reds have either been uninterested or given me the wrong breed. 

Edited by The Dragoness

From 10 couples i breed today, prizes, gold, silver, and etc just one give me an egg. An of course, by mistake, make it a little messy 5g .. gone to the abounded place, i hope it found a good home.