Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I actually did send a good amount of Hellhorse eggs to the AP the other day, but I think they're already all picked up. And of course none of them made it to the Great Lineages from AP thread XD

...yet? I'm pretty sure they're still waiting for it to hatch or grow :v

I keep seeing Unbreedables for days, but someone else is always a split second faster >.<
I'm not even getting one for myself XD

23 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

My Tinsel has not produced any eggs in 5 weeks, despite fertility and holiday mates. Not even a fail. I rotate mates every week to hopefully keep her "interested," but even that doesn't seem to help. I'm starting to give up on her. I know that I'm super lucky to have a CB Prize, but she's such a pain to deal with sometimes. Like...just give me one Tinsel egg? Please? 😕

WOW.  That's a hideous drought, and I can honestly say I've never had 5 weeks of nothing from my Tinsel.  My suggestion is a small "rest period" - give her a few extra days after the cooldown period is up before breeding again.  I'll do anywhere from 2 days to a full week extra cooldown whenever I get no egg, especially from mates that have produced something previously.  Changing up the breeding day, not just the time, seems to help, at least with mine.

Edited by Sunrunner

I've bred all my hybrids this morning. Except my Hellhorses didn't want to know and I think only two or three pairs produced.

Edited by quinney

On 11/24/2018 at 9:11 AM, The Dragoness said:

My Tinsel has not produced any eggs in 5 weeks, despite fertility and holiday mates. Not even a fail. I rotate mates every week to hopefully keep her "interested," but even that doesn't seem to help. I'm starting to give up on her. I know that I'm super lucky to have a CB Prize, but she's such a pain to deal with sometimes. Like...just give me one Tinsel egg? Please? 😕

I am not doing much better with mine. I got one shiny from a holiday and the rest are either fails or no interest even with fertility.  Yesterday I got nothing and was contiplating turning his name into eunuch. I am definitely done with lists and will not be reopening one once I get my ious done. 

I have actually run out of fertilites. Never thought I'd see that day. Usually only use it on new pairs and rare pairs.

6 hours ago, osean said:

I am not doing much better with mine. I got one shiny from a holiday and the rest are either fails or no interest even with fertility.  Yesterday I got nothing and was contiplating turning his name into eunuch. I am definitely done with lists and will not be reopening one once I get my ious done. 

Maybe you already know all this, but... I'd bet your difficulties are due to your mates- I've heard it's really hard to produce shinies from xenos, and extremely hard with striped rivers. Both are relatively new (in the scheme of things), and neither breed is rare enough to make shiny breeding easier. Based on what I've seen from other prizes, yours seems to be breeding relatively well based on how long you've had it! I don't know if this is helpful, but don't give up hope just yet. ❤️ 

Edited by Sylph264

Tried looking for a Silver Lunar Herald mate for a holiday I have today.. only to realize that silvers will not be cycling back in until holiday breeding begins, thus making it impossible to get. Fun.

3 hours ago, Sylph264 said:

Maybe you already know all this, but... I'd bet your difficulties are due to your mates- I've heard it's really hard to produce shinies from xenos, and extremely hard with striped rivers. Both are relatively new (in the scheme of things), and neither breed is rare enough to make shiny breeding easier. Based on what I've seen from other prizes, yours seems to be breeding relatively well based on how long you've had it! I don't know if this is helpful, but don't give up hope just yet. ❤️ 

I've been trying to breed mine with a Gaia and Thalassa, so maybe that's part of my problem. I can't afford to lose a few more days with so many people waiting, so I probably won't try giving her a rest period like @Sunrunner mentioned, but I will try using new mates of each breed. And yeah, I'm not sure if I'll have much of a list after I finish my current IOUs either, @osean. I'll definitely keep my raffle and Holiday slots, but other than that I might just close the lists down. Having my Prize reserved until January already is kind of stressful, especially when she refuses to give me anything for weeks at a time. I've only bred her once for myself (no shiny). I made a bunch of mistakes with my early trades that I have thankfully learned from.

29 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I've been trying to breed mine with a Gaia and Thalassa, so maybe that's part of my problem. I can't afford to lose a few more days with so many people waiting, so I probably won't try giving her a rest period like @Sunrunner mentioned, but I will try using new mates of each breed. And yeah, I'm not sure if I'll have much of a list after I finish my current IOUs either, @osean. I'll definitely keep my raffle and Holiday slots, but other than that I might just close the lists down. Having my Prize reserved until January already is kind of stressful, especially when she refuses to give me anything for weeks at a time. I've only bred her once for myself (no shiny). I made a bunch of mistakes with my early trades that I have thankfully learned from.

Until January? *winces* I am so sorry! A system I've seen a few prize owners use is reserving every fourth or so breeding for themselves, or stating that they'll breed for themselves when they want. While that's probably not helpful to you now, maybe it's something you could implement in the future if you decide to open up your lists again. Everybody who's lucky enough to win a prize should get to enjoy them for themselves. ❤️ Good luck!

Missed a CB Gold because I'd forgotten to dump an egg I picked up from the AP that I didn't want, so I was egglocked.

Egglocked with stubborn Avatar that only has one tiny crack and over 4k views. Admittedly I only ERed it an hour ago, but it's still annoying. 

edit: Just missed a CB Gold! First one I've seen since Sept 10th. Dang.

Edited by HeatherMarie

It's more stupidity on my part than anything else but ... I really  need a CB Indigo Lunar Herald but I can never figure out the stupid moon phases and when I do, I can't catch one!

11 minutes ago, blah said:

It's more stupidity on my part than anything else but ... I really  need a CB Indigo Lunar Herald but I can never figure out the stupid moon phases and when I do, I can't catch one!

Click the little Lunar cycler in my signature, it links to a calender with exact times until the next phase for each colour. You may want to bookmark it somewhere.

Indigos should start dropping in 2 days and ~4 hours.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Missed a cb gold because I was stupid and had to read the description again. It’s the first time I have seen one in a month and it was on my tiny phone screen.

I just summoned another male Sino.

The score is males 19, females 11.

On the good luck side of things, I just found 3 CB Celestial eggs in the AP. I am in desperate need of female Celestials, so this worked out perfectly.

Trader accepting my offer the literal instant I logged in to cancel it?

Yep. 

Trader letting the egg I was interested in trading for get down to 3 Days, rendering in unable to be influenced, which is why I was gonna cancel in the first place?

Yep.

Having to live with the fact that the egg I was hoping to trade for before it was too late precogs as the wrong gender?

Yep.

*sigh*  I hate trading.

This the pits...

Have a major index list on my desktop for all my dragons, which includes all conceivable info for each dragon, including of course, a direct link to each dragon. 

Late last night, the index spreadsheet crashed and I was able to recover all the data - except the hyperlinks!! So I have to reconnect 7154 links to get on with. Have tried every known method of recovery, backups (should have had that of course, but I always forget and old workbooks have been deleted)

That's seriously bad luck. 😱😭😫

Oh man @Justie that's horrible! 

CBs in the AP, too many annoying CBs in the AP. I'm obviously not the only one who doesn't want them because they are just sitting there. Found two semi-messies but mostly just CBs.

Not winning a Prize is casual...

But at the same day, the fact that I saw 2 CB Golds in less than 24 hours but not able to get any? I feel like all my luck for the day went there, and I ended up with nothing >.>

As though that's not enough, following instructions on internet on setting up stuff didn't work, and doing other stuff broke my computer system, so I have a hard time hunting for code eggs in mobile now <.<