Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

There's an all-number coded Chicken in the Trading Hub and now I'm racing to find a CB Gold. :rolleyes:

I've been searching for a CB Pebble (Green) yesterday and today, both in the caves and in the AP, without success. I haven't had any luck trading for one so far either. Who knew common hunting could be so frustrating? (Edit: Thank you to the person who gifted me one. You know who you are. :))

Edited by obelisk_light

Should have mentioned this the other day but I had bred my inbreds reds at the same time someone had decided to breed their reds to messy stuff so not only did they mix in together but I couldn't tell which eggs were my inbreds *grump*

I'm guilty of this too, but... Offering someone an egg 4 minutes after they post that they want this particular egg and you wonder hours later if they fell off the face of the Earth in 4 minutes. xD

Jus tried to bite an egg and it died :(  the same thing has happened with the last one I tried turning into a vampire too, and the two before that were thrown away by the vampire dragons themselves

Apparently I take DC very seriously. I missed an egg I was looking for and yelled the "S" word when I missed it. xD

2 minutes ago, Predat0rs said:

Apparently I take DC very seriously. I missed an egg I was looking for and yelled the "S" word when I missed it. xD

This made me laugh, my mom is constantly saying I take DC too seriously, they are 'just pretend', etc. I've put 10 years into this game, it's important to me dangit.

Apparently Mageia Xenos aren't very popular anymore? Or just not today? I've had a trade posted for almost 24 hours without a single offer, and I'm literally just asking for a messy from a recent release. Maybe it's because I've only posted it on the forums so far and the trading section might be slower now because of the in-game hub? I dunno. It's not locking me so I'll just let it sit for awhile longer.

Get a decent offer on a trade and leave it for a short time to see if a better one comes along.

5 minutes later when I check that person has withdrawn their offer.

Now I have 0 offers on this trade.  I really would have thought that more people would want a gold egg.

21 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Apparently Mageia Xenos aren't very popular anymore?

I love Mageias, I just never have messies on hand - at least not new releases. Essentially, all I could do would be breeding a CB to an already-messy, but that feels like cheating XD

9 hours ago, TerraAnne said:

Get a decent offer on a trade and leave it for a short time to see if a better one comes along.

5 minutes later when I check that person has withdrawn their offer.

Now I have 0 offers on this trade.  I really would have thought that more people would want a gold egg.

I feel this so much. I was off doing real life things and missed a nice offer 

Every time I set up trades I always worry about letting them sit because I'm paranoid the person is going to withdraw them 

@PersonaNonGrata Are you sure you have tried talking to the mods (or just the mod that warned you about it)?

It's kinda off that it's in the bad luck forums, unless, you didn't know what you were doing and suddenly you're in that state.

Second point, does it really count as bad luck if you're blocked by most people on forums? (Forgive me for this rather dumb question but) how do you even know that you're blocked by someone? You're probably just having a bad day, brighten up :)

@Mochi I try to not let any offer sit, I just feel bad declining offers that are already okay to me. It's sad though, once someone had offered me a hatchling for my egg, but he's egglocked. I'm forced to decline and take the second offer that's not egglocked.

Caught a Zyumorph from the Desert, completely forgot that Desert Zyu = Blue. So many trades in the Trading Hub are non-blue :l

Snagged an AP 2G egg with dOA code.  (Sweet!)
Bitten successfully by my vamp, (Sweet!)
but repulsed from the scroll (Oh NO!)  
Saw it on AP (What?!)
But was too slow to grab it back.  😪

Congrats to whomever grabbed the little dOA Vamp - I hope you appreciate the code on it.

Missed a chicken. Because I didn't realize I'd actually refreshed the page (my fingers kind of just hit refresh automatically now, even when I'm not on DC!).

Well, bad/good luck... Caught a CB Silver... WITH A Z CODE! Now I can't trade it. At least someone in the z code thread will be very happy. ^_^

Have a ton of Cheeses and a few Papers. I can't get ANY good trades for them! Unbreedables are apparently not popular right now. 

At least I love Cheeses! Still..would rather have a CB Silver or low gen tinsel. No one likes Cheesey babies or Papers anymore. 😪

2 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

No one likes Cheesey babies or Papers anymore. 😪

I adore Papers and covet any that I see up for trade. :P  I just can't seem to catch anything good lately to trade for them. :(

Edit:  As often happens, complaining in here seems to help.

Edited by Gryphonic

18 minutes ago, Gryphonic said:

I adore Papers and covet any that I see up for trade. :P  I just can't seem to catch anything good lately to trade for them. :(

I adore Xenos, but can't seem to catch anything except Astrapi Xenos. I like Astrapis, but geez, can't I get something else once in awhile? Yes, I do hunt more than just the Alpine. They just pop up every time I'm in the Alpine and I can't resist. I haven't even SEEN a Gaia in weeks!

Not 100% DC-related, but it does affect hunting... The cable that connects my modem to my computer fits very loosely and is constantly slipping out (not sure if it's the cable's fault or the plug). Multiple times, including just now, I've been hunting and clicked on something right as the cable slips out so I lose internet connection and don't get whatever I clicked. Beyond frustrating!

Something I really really really wanted was up for trade a while ago, and I had what they were asking for, but the egg in the trade was sick and collecting views. I had to cancel my offer after 20 minutes because it was getting late and I had to go to bed, and if my offer had been accepted while I was asleep I would have found a dead egg on my scroll in the morning.

I was so stupid and put a CB Blusang up for trade (wanting a Cheese) and several people offered on it. I accepted the adorable Cheese, of course...and then remembered that I offered the Blusang to a really sweet friend, and now I feel awful! I hope she forgives me! Maybe if I offer said Cheese in place of the Blusang? Gosh, I hate it when I forget what I wrote in my own PMs and do something stupid that results in me doing something unintentionally mean.

In other news, saw a CB Gaia Xeno. Didn't catch it. Caught yet another Astrapi though. Seriously, are those even rare anymore?

On 8/18/2018 at 9:01 PM, Dekka said:

JUST clicked past the ONLY gold ive ever seen in the cave after years of hunting.... lowkey want to plunge my head through the desk

update: saw another and missed it again..  i have such good luck with other rares but never ever a silver or gold! sigh