Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Just bred too many eggs and abandoned this baby:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/XCPaT

just got back into Dragon cave and forgot the limit, this is one of my most complex inbreeding projects and it was a shiny :( Oh well. whoever gets it, I hope you enjoy.

Keep getting lovely trade offers, but the other person is egg locked. 

Eventually they remove the thing from the trade, and I'm sad, 'cause I wanted it! (And, I assume, they are sad because their trade wasn't accepted and they gave up on it.)

I'm whiny now. 

Edited by Toyo

On 7/15/2018 at 4:13 PM, cheesecake__ said:

I'm such an idiot. One of my eggs was sick so I was like "okay I need to fog it", but for some reason I decided to subconsciously abandon it ;-;

Always hide from your /dragons/ page filtered by "Eggs/Unfrozen Hatchlings" because that gives you the "Hide" link right there - no accidental abandons anymore when trying to hide!

I can't seem to find any Flamingos in the AP. I wanted to collect some low-timers for gifting, so I figured "There are *always* some in the AP, even CBs dropped by people who were hoping for Pinks!" but nope.

@scalesofgrey Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

5 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Always hide from your /dragons/ page filtered by "Eggs/Unfrozen Hatchlings" because that gives you the "Hide" link right there - no accidental abandons anymore when trying to hide!

I never use that menu option, so I didn't know about that! Ruby Eyes, that's a great tip for everyone. (Or maybe it was just me who never knew, ha.)

5 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I can't seem to find any Flamingos in the AP. I wanted to collect some low-timers for gifting, so I figured "There are *always* some in the AP, even CBs dropped by people who were hoping for Pinks!" but nope.

I actually did abandon three CBs since yesterday for that exact reason because I didn't pay attention to the biomes before clicking! Maybe you'd find them in a day or two? 😅

I caught an egg for someone as a gift, but they haven't been on since last Wednesday.  It's now below influencing.

Edit:  And I just found a discrepancy in my total paper hatchie count between Group and Sig.  I've been forgetting to ad a few to one or the other... time to recount!

Edited by Gryphonic

A flood of prizes went through the AP. I missed most of them, but caught two. I had both those lines already, so they went right back into the AP. 🙄

Missed a Dino *and* a Thunder in the same 5-minute shuffle. 

Got a lovely 2nd gen Gaia shimmer-kin from a very helpful rinoa26 ... to go with a matching 2nd gen shimmer....

sounds perfect right? huh.  

I don't get many refusals... until this!531945182_ScreenShot2018-07-18at8_05_55pm.thumb.png.33773968b90e6fb52aa2c5f98eaaab06.png

Typical!

oh well...back to the drawing board.

11 minutes ago, aphroditesky said:

Typical

Did you use Fertility?

Can't find any name-like coded Moonstones/Sunstones ... have been looking for almost a year now ...

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Did you use Fertility?

No.  I rarely do - since I so rarely have refusals.. 

I probably need to get into the habit. 

Edited by aphroditesky

I really need another CB male Sunrise, but I haven't been able to catch or trade one for weeks now :(

edit: well, complaining worked :)

Edited by The Dragoness

I forgot the description for coppers & spaced out when it appeared in the cave, ofc I missed it OTL

Aaaand I just missed another gaia OTL
I need to stop changing biomes so quickly >.>

Edited by Mochi

My husband made an account on the forums just to vent about something that happened to him on DC. I guess because his account is brand new that he doesn't have permission to view this thread? So, I am writing this on his behalf so he can vent a little. A kind DC member was giving away some eggs on the Trade Hub. He meant to offer a grey Two-Headed Lindwyrm egg and due to vision issues, mistook a Silver egg that he planned to surprise me with for the Lindwyrm. He is truly upset right now and it took several attempts for me to figure out why he was mad as he wanted to surprise me with the Silver in question. He has put a trade up on the Hub in hopes to get the egg back but with no luck. I've told him that it is alright, it is only a game and it is the thought that counts. 

9 hours ago, Pheonixxfoxx said:

My husband made an account on the forums just to vent about something that happened to him on DC. I guess because his account is brand new that he doesn't have permission to view this thread? So, I am writing this on his behalf so he can vent a little. A kind DC member was giving away some eggs on the Trade Hub. He meant to offer a grey Two-Headed Lindwyrm egg and due to vision issues, mistook a Silver egg that he planned to surprise me with for the Lindwyrm. He is truly upset right now and it took several attempts for me to figure out why he was mad as he wanted to surprise me with the Silver in question. He has put a trade up on the Hub in hopes to get the egg back but with no luck. I've told him that it is alright, it is only a game and it is the thought that counts. 

Was it a CB Silver? If it wasn't, I can breed you a few 2G Silvers, even a few PB ones if they cooperate. Something like this happened to me with an egg I bred. It ended happily though. I gifted a Cheese to a friend, the friend traded it (which I was fine with, since it was a gift and she could do what she wanted with it), but the person she traded it to abandoned it. I found that exact egg in the AP. I picked it up and kept it for myself. It had a really unique and memorable code, which is why I knew it was the same egg. This Cheese is what made me into a huge Cheese lover and collector. 

Anyway, this ties into my bad luck. I missed a Cheese in the Desert by like 10 seconds! I was SOOO close. I wanted to sob in frustration! My chance at another Cheesy baby gone! I also missed a BALLOON (how!?) from the Alpine. It lasted maybe a few seconds and by the time I made it to the Alpine, it was there, but gone when I clicked to take it!

1 hour ago, Suzumiya said:

Was it a CB Silver? If it wasn't, I can breed you a few 2G Silvers, even a few PB ones if they cooperate. Something like this happened to me with an egg I bred. It ended happily though. I gifted a Cheese to a friend, the friend traded it (which I was fine with, since it was a gift and she could do what she wanted with it), but the person she traded it to abandoned it. I found that exact egg in the AP. I picked it up and kept it for myself. It had a really unique and memorable code, which is why I knew it was the same egg. This Cheese is what made me into a huge Cheese lover and collector. 

Anyway, this ties into my bad luck. I missed a Cheese in the Desert by like 10 seconds! I was SOOO close. I wanted to sob in frustration! My chance at another Cheesy baby gone! I also missed a BALLOON (how!?) from the Alpine. It lasted maybe a few seconds and by the time I made it to the Alpine, it was there, but gone when I clicked to take it!

No, the Silver wasn't CB. The Silver in question is a 4th gen checker that he influenced to be female. I have a checkered 4th gen male Kingcrowne with SAs in the lineages and my husband was trying to help me find the perfect mate for him. It helps him to know that he isn't the only one who has made such a mistake. It is funny how that Cheese made its way back to you, like it was meant to be.

I've had the same thing happen, where a CB egg is sitting there for the taking and has been sitting there for several seconds. I then click it, but the egg was already snatched up. The thrill of the hunt is what the game is about for me. ;)

Made a trade teleport, left for work, came back to a zillion notifications ... except all of them had been cancelled by the time I got home. Argh!

I was offered a Chrono Xenowyrm egg on a trade I'd posted but by the time I was able to check for offers the offered egg had grown up. The person offered the hatchie it grew into and I accepted hoping it would still gender right but it didn't. So then I offered the hatchie on several trading threads for a gender swap with no luck. I even stunned the hatchie so I'd have more time. Btw did stun always add only 1 extra day? I could have sworn it added 2 days. And someone did a troll offer of a Gold that they then removed

Edited by Chaos Rider

5 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

Btw did stun always add only 1 extra day? I could have sworn it added 2 days.

It adds 1 day and makes your hatchie unable to gain views for 2 days. It can still gain clicks though.

5 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

And someone did a troll offer of a Gold that they then removed

You know, changing your mind does not automagically make you a troll. They may just have found another trade later to offer their egg on.

So I'm catching z-codes left and right, but I can't find that z'Night Glory for someone ... Missed a white Zyu as well.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Last night I was biome-hunting before bed, too late apparently, I missed *two* Zyus in like 15 minutes. My hand just wouldn't move quickly. Finally gave up and went to bed. 

19 hours ago, Toyo said:

Made a trade teleport, left for work, came back to a zillion notifications ... except all of them had been cancelled by the time I got home. Argh!

Came here to say this. It seems like people get too impatient after an hour. I always use decline, so it's not like I'm just letting the offer sit there either. I'm usually just offline. Frustrating XD

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

Came here to say this. It seems like people get too impatient after an hour. I always use decline, so it's not like I'm just letting the offer sit there either. I'm usually just offline. Frustrating XD

Yup! That's why I always include a note in my trade post on the forum if I'll be away for a few hours... The 'want' box is so limited it's not really possible to do that in the Trading Hub though.

I'm trying to build up my bsa army right now, and while I was clicking through biomes I forgot to pay attention to where I was... long story short, i've got to wait a bit to get rid of this flamingo.

Out of 8 holiday mates bred; 1 miscoloured, 1 refused [I was out of purples] and 1 was only no interest. Honestly.

AP is currently filled with 2nd-gen and pretty 3rd-gen checkered commons. Not a messy in sight, lol.