Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

I just came across a great name - but "Sir Jason the Selectively Honourable" is sadly 4 letters too long! XD

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I just came across a great name - but "Sir Jason the Selectively Honourable" is sadly 4 letters too long! XD

I would drop the 'Sir' OR call him 'Sir J the...' ;)

I wish there was a way to poke people through the trading hub. I have two trades up with offers I want to accept, but they haVE TOO MANY EGGGGGSSSSS!

Someone offered what I wanted on my trade (I was offering a 3G tinsel in exchange for a CB female Balloon hatchie, so easy, right?) but the person had too many eggs so I couldn't accept it. The tinsel ended up hatching and I had to recreate the trade. I think the same person offered again, but this had too many HATCHIES! What the heck? I really needed that little Balloon lady! I cannot find Balloons in the cave hardly at all anymore! I'm doing an Albino/Balloon lineage, and my pairings have produced only 2G Albinos from the pairings, so I need new Balloons to keep trying! Or someone to offer me a 2G Balloon from an Albino father and Balloon mother. I dunno. Bad luck with breeding and people wanting trades, but not having the room.

Seems like a lot of people are having annoyances with the Trading Hub... I made an offer on a trade, offering the thing they said was 'auto' in their Want section, and haven't had an accept or a decline yet and it's been a tad over 20 hours now! I don't understand why anyone would post a public trade if they can't be online for an entire day? And it's doubly-frustrating because the trade is for multiple dragons so I'm having to keep multiple slots open in case it's accepted, so I can't even hunt right now. 

I wish, for example, that it would occur to someone that I probably can't accept 4 freshly bred eggs at one time ... especially when I asked for a CB hatchling.

Maybe a trading hub etiquette guideline would be helpful, though I'm sure we'd all argue over what would be appropriate. 

Trade offer got declined. I really really wanted that one too. Offered the same egg on another trade now, but if this one doesn't go through I'll just keep the dang thing. I thought it would be easy to trade a Cheese!

IOUs are so frustrating sometimes. I gave a certain user a CB Gold over a year ago and they still haven't attempted to fulfill my breeding request. I'm all for breeding your own dragons for yourself, but mine is the only standing request according to their list and has been fpr quite some time. It wouldn't be so annoying if this person would at least send me a PM. I'm starting to feel like I'm never going to get paid... :(

Missed a chicken because I hesitated for just a split second. And I swear eggs *know* when you are looking for a specific breed and deliberately don't show up just to mess with you... In the past week I've seen at least 10 Xenos in the biomes, but now that I'm actually *looking* for one they are nowhere!

Meh shiny tinsel bebe did not give me a kin (or a shiny) the one time I needed it to, after giving me nothing but kin (& one shiny from the wrong mate - I know, I know, it was my fault entirely that I clicked the wrong one!  Sleepy breeding bad.  Double & triple-checking the mate before clicking since then, believe me.) for about 2 months now -_-.  Why are you not interested, Aoife?!  She was a mate you liked just fine last time!  I just wanted to knock this kin out quick & get my list down by one IOU, & now I gotta hope for better results next week.  Super frustrating when I check in the threads & so many others have a successful breeding, kin or shiny.

My current bad luck is just that a Gold x Gold pair is very tedious to breed.

On 6/6/2018 at 3:09 AM, HeatherMarie said:

And I swear eggs *know* when you are looking for a specific breed and deliberately don't show up just to mess with you...

It must be what's going on since it just keeps happening even if the specific breed is very common!

Stumped on naming my Florets, Razorclaws, and a clutch of Thalassas from green Coppers.  I want to get rid of this darn backlog, but nothing is coming to mind for any of them.

Had one of my eggs fogged, so I didn't immediately realize I was at my egg limit. Bred an Avatar of Destruction egg. I was egglocked. Worse, one of my eggs would've hatched in an hour.

At least I've made some AP hunter happy in a few days. lol

Edited by animatedrose

First refusal post-fertility - I should not be surprised since it involved a turpentine. XD

My bad luck?

Well, I just found out that the majority of the Dragcave playerbase has become hostile towards me simply because real life issues get the better of me at times, and apparently pixel dragons are more important than my own life and trying to survive. Apparently, despite having over a hundred successful trades (IOUs and non), a small handful of ones affected by my real life crap means I'm not to be trusted, even when I eventually get them their thing. Apparently, I've been labeled a scammer. Apparently, people are purposely avoiding me; even my straight-up trades *just* because it's me.

To the people who think I am a scammer, despite having a good track record when life was fine & dandy, and having Raffled off / Gifted several upon several CB Metals the past two years:

*trigger warning*

Spoiler

I'm sorry I went through the physical loss of my 5 year old son. I'm sorry my final divorce date from an abusive person is in a month, almost 2 years after filing. I'm sorry he's getting out of PRISON for what he did to me in less than a month, and I'm scared to death he'll find me and hurt me. I'm sorry I just suffered the end of my relationship, along with surviving a miscarriage—after trying for 4 years to have another child. I'm sorry I was homeless between May 20th and May 31st; Literally homeless, and in a foreign State. I'm sorry that the last thing on my mind the past two months was spending 10 hours a day looking for CB Metals. I'm just...sorry.

I think, I'm going to quit Dragon Cave. I've said it before, but this time it's emotionally killing me knowing a majority of the players are out-casting me. Between the threats of "telling everyone you scammed me" and getting discouraged when someone won't trade with me because my name has been placed in a burn book... it hurts. What's left for me here? It seems like...there's nothing.

All weekend I had terrible luck IRL, and it seems to have translated into DC as well. I asked for a specific CB uncommon hatchling on one of my trades and got a bred, high time egg of that same breed. So I obviously declined. They offer again. Declined. Now some very valuable things on my scroll have been viewbombed because I accidentally left them unhidden. I have no way of knowing who did it, but I have an idea :(

Dragons refusing to die so I can turn them into zombies (10 dodged the blade out of 11 kill attempts) :blink:

Just bred the next spring egg I need for a lineage project...and the egg auto-abandons because I forgot to check my numbers. :(   I'll have to wait until next year to breed them again, because they won't be breedable again before the turnover.

In the past half hour I've missed *multiple* hatchlings in the AP, including one that was grabbed and tossed back, I missed it twice! Also just missed a Xeno in the biomes. Maybe this is DC's way of telling me I should go to sleep?

I only got one spring out of my springs which now can't breed again until next year. I just wanted to breed some nice 2nd gen pairings that I could make into 3rd gen checkers during the summer season.

I had shoulder surgery so I have only one functional arm. I've seen/missed two "radiates power" and one mana egg in the last half an hour alone because I can't refresh & click fast enough with one hand. Guess I need to stick to breeding for the month.

WHYYYY? Every time someone offers an egg I need in the Trading Hub, and asks for something I actually have, it's a trade containing 3 or 4 eggs! Who has that much room? :(

I successfully grabbed two biome eggs that I only wanted in order to trade them, and then *didn't* get the one that appeared minutes later that I actually wanted for myself!