Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

I keep locking myself with blacks and vines hoping to hatch an alt, nothing so far. And because I have so few alts I'm like 'I'll take anything I can get' including lineages I wouldn't otherwise keep, which means when they don't alt I've spent that time trying to hatch them just to end up kicking them to the AP. (I have three more hatching within the hour, maybe if I post here my luck will turn around!)

Edited by HeatherMarie

Still nothing from the raffle. I wish the odds of winning at the raffle could get higher every time we lose.

Also sometimes I wonder why I even bother with trying to trade on this site. Nobody really cares about what you have to offer, unless it's something ultra rare and you're asking for common trash.

5 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

Still nothing from the raffle. I wish the odds of winning at the raffle could get higher every time we lose.

Also sometimes I wonder why I even bother with trying to trade on this site. Nobody really cares about what you have to offer, unless it's something ultra rare and you're asking for common trash.

Hmm, I agree. I would have liked to see the number of prizes gifted out in each raffle increased too, especially since 60 is a low number for how many people play the game and - at least I'm guessing - enter the raffle. 

I don't even trade. I've never gotten even an offer on anything I put on trade so, instead of wasting space on my scroll with trades that will never happen, I just put them into the DC Community Notice Board. At least there the eggs will be taken.

1 hour ago, Sazandora said:

Came here to post about this. I rarely even get offers on the 3G Prizes I trade (the only valuable thing I have), including the ones with 2017/2018 grandparents. All I want in exchange is a single CB uncommon or Prize swap. It really is 2G Prize/CB Neglected/CB Gold or nothing. Yesterday, I saw someone asking for a Neglected for a 2G common Prizekin...makes me a little sad. 

So, I think I'm starting to give up on trading too. 

@Sazandora @The Dragoness  Trading really is a lot about luck, and keeping track of fluctuating rarities. For instance, Two-headed Lindwyrms used to trade really well, now I literally can't even give them away. And from what I've seen things like Coppers, Blusangs, low-gen Prizes, things that used to be super-rare are now more common and harder to get good offers for. However, newer uncommons/rares are still very in demand, I get lots of offers on my Zyumorph trades for example... The Prize economy is definitely shifting because of the raffles, 3rd-4th gens are no longer as uncommon or hard to find as they used to be, so it's really only 2nd-gens that are still very valuable in general. I've also noticed more people wanting Prizes specifically from the older CB Prizes, because so many people have CB Prizes from the last couple years (well, relatively speaking) so the older ones are more in demand. 

My two black eggs and one vine egg all hatched, no alts. No alts. Still no alts. Uggghhh.

this is my friend's bad luck: https://dragcave.net/progeny/PahL4

She has been trying for green since 2013.  She stopped playing for a couple years and recently re-joined.  Some of the non-green eggs were left to die in the past out of frustration.

4 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

I don't even trade. I've never gotten even an offer on anything I put on trade so, instead of wasting space on my scroll with trades that will never happen, I just put them into the DC Community Notice Board. At least there the eggs will be taken.

3 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

Came here to post about this. I rarely even get offers on the 3G Prizes I trade (the only valuable thing I have), including the ones with 2017/2018 grandparents. All I want in exchange is a single CB uncommon or Prize swap. It really is 2G Prize/CB Neglected/CB Gold or nothing. Yesterday, I saw someone asking for a Neglected for a 2G common Prizekin...makes me a little sad. 

So, I think I'm starting to give up on trading too. 

I used to get some good offers on EATW, trades didn't get buried, people offered nice stuff, you didn't need to code half a page with egg links and image codes, it was great!

But yea trading is kind of garbage right now, it's probably the lack of new rares, everyone who wants to get an ultra rare can't because of the HUGE gap in value, anyone with ultra rares to trade either keeps them because there's nothing worth trading it for once you have a good collection built up, there are no new rares to keep the economy going by balencing out the gap and keeping the tiers in their place. And it's probably not gonna get any better unless some new ones come out because they just get rarer with every new common/uncommon dragon added, every new common makes the whole TWO species of ultra rares that much rarer in a game that already has them contending with 100+ commons during the RNG spawning.The gap just keeps getting wider and the rares just keep getting rarer.

The solution would probably be to add a whole bunch of rares at once to shock the economy, if there are more new rares than eggslots then most people will need to trade and the economy comes back from atrophy. (the rares should at different tiers of rareness to close the gaping value gaps but the majority should be at about the same base rarity as golds/silvers because they're in the most desperate need for change)

A few releases like that would help to balance out years of nothing but commons with the occasional accidental "rare" popping up.

Edited by blockEdragon

2 hours ago, Sazandora said:

No luck with the raffle either and then I have seen people trading purebred 2G prize and I was like what the.... I mean where is the fun?  :(

I feel the pain about trading too.  I currently have 3 holiday x common/uncommon checker looking for either bloodswap or whatever offers.  nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  I have more luck asking for nice people to breed 2G common from holiday than trading.  So sad.

Edited by teresadurfin

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

@Sazandora@The Dragoness, I get lots of offers on my Zyumorph trades for example...

Well, I don't... and I've tried several times. When Zyus were fairly new, I actually got a CB Silver for a bunch of CB Zyus. Now, the only Zyu that one can trade at all seems to be a yellow CB.

My current bad luck:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/tDyFS

37 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Well, I don't... and I've tried several times. When Zyus were fairly new, I actually got a CB Silver for a bunch of CB Zyus. Now, the only Zyu that one can trade at all seems to be a yellow CB.

I think it also depends on what you are asking for, but yes, most Zyus aren't worth much anymore, except for maybe the pink one and the yellow Zyu.

9 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

I think it also depends on what you are asking for, but yes, most Zyus aren't worth much anymore, except for maybe the pink one and the yellow Zyu.

That's true, of course. When I traded my Zyu bunch for the Silver, the person with the Silver had actually ASKED for Zyus. I don't see that happening again anytime soon. :lol:

Breeding failures! :( Seriously, I just bred 6 pairs and got only 2 eggs. And that seems to happen more often than not recently! And they are all established pairs. No refusals, just no egg or not much interest.

Have been having breeding fails a lot more of lot, also... Stupid dragons!

Bad and good luck, I guess?

Since the eggs are incuhatchable, I went to the AP to find some nice messy lineages to freeze. However, @Terrafreaky happened, and now all the eggs in the AP are wonderfully, gorgeously lineaged, and I can't possibly freeze those! :) 

@purplehaze and whirlaway: Me, too. Even from super-common dragons, even with Fertility.

Edited by Fly-by-Night

I still can't seem to catch a CB Baikala.
It's almost as if they've up and disappeared!
They were so darn common and now POOF! They're gone!

3 hours ago, Toyo said:

Bad and good luck, I guess?

Since the eggs are incuhatchable, I went to the AP to find some nice messy lineages to freeze. However, @Terrafreaky happened, and now all the eggs in the AP are wonderfully, gorgeously lineaged, and I can't possibly freeze those! :) 

LOL   That happened to me the other day too, but I have zero issues freezing freaky eggs so I was  having a blast cranking them out & freezing away... until I accidentally froze the wrong hatchling.    :wacko:  I was looking for it a day or two later & at first was afraid I had somehow abandoned it.  Not sure if finding it frozen was better or worse. :dry:  And really, I did the same thing not too long ago with a 2G Gold mate someone bred for me.  You'd think I'd learn.   But no. :rolleyes:

Missed both a blusang & aeon in the cave and need both for my lineage. Also still haven't managed to nab or trade for a thalassa in months -_-

On the up side I've been catching a bunch of other things I've needed ^^

Having terrible luck finding bloodswaps/mates for my holidays and metallics despite offering the some of the best my scroll has to offer. Maybe I should make a wishlist?

On 4/29/2018 at 8:50 AM, The Dragoness said:

Someone offered a beautiful 3G Prize on a trade I posted, but it was ER. I sent them a PM wondering if it had been influenced and if they could hatch it...no response. So I bit the bullet and accepted, because the only other offer wasn't all that interesting. Of course precog says it's the wrong gender. I basically gave my ~not ER~ Shimmer egg away for free :angry:

I didn't get your message tell after you accepted. I've tried sending you a message with a Shimmerkin as compensation but it says you can't accept messages.

I saw - and missed - two CB Ice Dragons within the space of an hour today 😭 I swear I clicked as fast as I can! What the hell man!

5 more vines hatched, as well as 1 more black, and no alts. It has now annoyed me to the point where I have made it my mission to get at least one vine or black alt between now and DC's birthday. 

On 4/30/2018 at 11:00 PM, Cayde6 said:

I still can't seem to catch a CB Baikala.
It's almost as if they've up and disappeared!
They were so darn common and now POOF! They're gone!

They were never "darn common" actually. Anyway, which colour are you looking for? I just reflex-clicked a green one. I take no response as a "none".

Spotted Greenwings are obviously way too common to breed with them. :dry:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Couldn't grab two Ices in the Alpine on the same five minute drop because I was egglocked... I always need more Ices...

Not exactly bad luck, but frustrating... I only have 5 dragons left in my 'zombie fodder' group so I've been trying to grab more in the AP of the subtypes I don't have (yes, I use AP eggs as zombie-fodder, but never lineages I think others might really want to continue). The 'bad luck' is that I keep picking up eggs that have really beautiful messy lineages and I can't bear the thought of them disintigrating so they get added to my permanent dragons (and my 'Beautiful Messies' group) instead and I still only have 5 zombie-fodders.