Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

It's very odd, but....my computer glitched this morning, and I just reopened my DC documents.  I saw a trade posted for a lineage I'm collecting, and wanted to make sure it's unrelated to any of mine before offering on it.   But I can't find my Gold x male Marrow chart anywhere in the file, and it used to be near the top.  The datamonster ate it!  Now I'm wondering what else has disappeared into the ether without me knowing about it, and how long it will take me to find out.

I missed *two* Zyus in the biomes because my mouse wouldn't move properly. .... And then I come here to post about it, and before I've even submitted the post I successfully catch a Zyu in the biomes. Wow, that whole 'complaining leading to good luck' thing works fast! (But it's still sorta bad luck because one of the ones I'd missed was a red zyu, and the one I got was a black zyu, and I'd rather have the red...)

My current bad luck isn't so much bad luck as self-sabotage. :P I've been egg locked for a couple of days now and I keep sneaking into the biomes to have a look, even though I can't grab anything, and I keep seeing things I want. It's more of a habit than anything else and one that I struggle to break when I'm egglocked! Oops. :lol:

Missed a white Zyu in the Forest just now. And my lineage with them is stalling because I can't find the common mates I want for the 2 I have.

Stupid cave.

Thank you! :wub:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Was trying to save an egg that only had 25 mins left.....I was unsuccessful. :(

Edited by Syiren

I just noticed that 100% of this pair's Halloween offspring went completely wrong by either being frozen or misgendering despite breeding a maximum of 4 Halloweens being bred. To add insult to injury, the hatchie which was frozen ended up male so the fact that no one'll have the chance to carry them on as checkers makes me a little sad.

image.png.37f85e44362aeccd828948ede5907431.png

Bad luck: Being the most hated person on DC now? So apparently there's a group of people who hate me and are considering me a "scammer". Someone informed me of that this morning. It sounded like they had torches and pitch forks the way the person worded it. :blink: I invite those people to come talk to me in my inbox, instead of behind my back. I'd love to settle things, but I can't exactly remember everything from months ago. I contacted who I remembered, but I need some help. If you think I "scammed" you, come talk to me about it. I have every intention of correcting this. I always have done so. But I guess the death of my friend isn't an excuse as to not being online, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, that is just nasty. I hope things will get better soon. :(

On topic: this guy and his mate failed to produce a Nebula for the fourth time in a row. :dry: C'mon. I like Spirit Wards, but I need a Nebula from you two!

@Predat0rs Wow, I don't understand how pixels can be more important than real people! :blink: Good luck getting this sorted out!

@Sazandora I just bred 9 Spirit Wards to the AP - every little bit helps! (Including 4 pairs with Sunsongs that of course never yield Sunsongs - one of the many "impossible" combos with Spirit Wards!)

Never see Fire Gems when I have the space, lol. I need more for my growing army!

Edited by Dorchet

I apologize to anyone who's had to hold stuff for me for longer than "normal". I'm sitting on 6 eggs in Teleports and every second they're sitting there, is a second I can't hunt. XD I know your pain now of holding eggs for me!!! XD

Grabbed a Xeno. Sadly, I wasn't in the desert at that point, but in the volcano area ...

(Stupid reflexes when I'm looking for namecoded commons :rolleyes:)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Just saw a silver (the rarest thing I've seen so far) and in my haste to catch it I clicked on the egg next to it! By the time I got back to the biome someone else had already grabbed it :(

38 minutes ago, superboys said:

Just saw a silver (the rarest thing I've seen so far) and in my haste to catch it I clicked on the egg next to it! By the time I got back to the biome someone else had already grabbed it :(

Oh goodness I know that pain. I learned my lesson a little too well though, and now routinely miss eggs because I'm being so careful to *not* click the one next to it.

Just spotted a CB Gold, and guess who's not that quick?

Oh well, I've got a cat trying to groom me, I guess it evens out! :D

ETA: it's not fogged? Dude, fog that, I'm probably not the only one who clicked too late and while I'm just gonna stare and drool, fog your shiny!

Edited by ArgentiAertheri

27 minutes ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

Just spotted a CB Gold, and guess who's not that quick?

Oh well, I've got a cat trying to groom me, I guess it evens out! :D

ETA: it's not fogged? Dude, fog that, I'm probably not the only one who clicked too late and while I'm just gonna stare and drool, fog your shiny!

Hmmmm, are CB Golds becoming slightly more common? I saw two in a hatchery at the same time today, I've seen multiple people comment on getting one lately, and I saw my very first one in the biome last night after almost 10 years without seeing a single one. Curious.

Edited by HeatherMarie
typo

Been having decent luck one way, but sucky luck another way. Been trying to have a few of my decent vampires bite to give to others, and both times, yup, killed the eggs. *sigh* Been also kind of trying for zombies and well, you can guess my luck there. I now have a lovely collection of tombstones for a little while. (And yes, I hit revive, and yup, they crumbled away.) And trying to get any of my dragons to breed nice lineages has been a fail for a few weeks. On the plus side, with the decent luck, I now have another neglected, traded, along with two CB Mageia Xenowyrms, two CB golds and two CB silvers. Now let's see what I can possibly get to cooperate with me? A part of me feels like screaming, but another part of me is winning with laughter. I just remind myself that even Murphy's Law can and will bite Murphy in the arse. *shakes head and goes off to laugh for a while*

And oh yeah, it does not help I still keep cruising the cave to see if there is a new shiny I can get, and I have to remind myself I'm close to being scroll locked, and I need to behave.

Edited by LishaDragon

I just missed a neat name code on a Tsunami.  I've been meaning to expand my tsunamis.

There are too many dang CBs in the AP right now. I keep grabbing eggs, seeing they are CB, and having to toss them back. It's annoying. 

And I need a bunch of different CBs right now, and have no room for eggs.

Dang. Couldn't these CBs have been there yesterday when I had room?!

I keep having the opposite issue in the AP! :P Each time I've gone to hunt lately, they've all been lineaged ones when I've wanted CBs. Bad luck that we both ended up with the opposite of what we wanted. We'll have to swap schedules! :lol:

For the first time ever, influence failed for me. On a 2G Prize that was gifted to me, of course. I can't even breed a spiral line with her :(

Oh well. If I get permission to gift her, I hope someone else will be happy at least.

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

For the first time ever, influence failed for me. On a 2G Prize that was gifted to me, of course. I can't even breed a spiral line with her :(

Oh well. If I get permission to gift her, I hope someone else will be happy at least.

Not even a spiral? What mate is it? You could do an alternating one, breed A on top, breed B on the bottom and the Prize in the middle. Of course if you're into non-classic lineages. 

My bad luck - more like a "1st world dragon breeder problem" so it's not devastating in fact. But I bred new naughty-coded drakes today and their egg's code also follows the theme-- Well almost. There's a letter in the very middle that has ruined it. So painfully close and my sense of order is screaming... Oh well, there's always next week. 

3 hours ago, Orchi'dea said:

Not even a spiral? What mate is it? You could do an alternating one, breed A on top, breed B on the bottom and the Prize in the middle. Of course if you're into non-classic lineages. 

Rosebud. Thankfully, the CB Prize owner is very generous and doesn't mind breeding a new one. I was pretty worried for a while.