Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

I have four Vampires but only one is CB and bitten by a CB that has no "Bitten by". I decided to make her the matriarch of my Vampires and replace the others with those turned solely by her. I grab a CB egg from the AP to bite.
And.
She.
Kills it. **** :rolleyes:

I keep picking up CBs in the AP! It used to be that finding a CB in the AP was a rare thing, now it seems like half of what I grab turns out to be CB. I'm posting them in the departures thread as I get them so others can benefit from my bad luck, lol. 

Not sure if I should post it here or in the "stupid things..." thread, but since I'm here... Yea. Just got an "overburdened" message on a coastal Copper - I totally forgot that I grabbed one more egg before logging out of my pc. No big deal, just a little brainfart; I should just put the phone away and go to sleep already lol. 

Day 282

A passing traveller showed his haul of four zyumorph eggs from the previous day. When asked about their location, he simply replied "lol they are easy dude, just keep refreshing" in a rather dismissive tone. Shaking my head, I took to the emerald gaze of the Forest for a change of pace. After 6 peaceful hours I thought I caught a glimpse of such an egg that "radiated power", but I must have been imagining things. There was nothing there! It must have been my imagination. Here I could only ponder how so many found it this easy to discover what may well be the rarest breed in the world of Galsreim. Perhaps catching any of the 28 gold or 17 silver eggs that I had seen since this fateful day in May 2017 would have convinced a passing wanderer to give up their "Zyumorph" haul. But alas, maybe I imagined those as well...

But no I must keep trying, after all, what is a lair that contains only 206/207 of the known dragons in Galsreim? No, I must have this final breed, no matter how many more months it takes...And they say that there is another, when the Zyumorph is gathered? 206/208? Am I really so far behind?

Edited by Ashywolf

For some reason it always seems to happen that whenever I'm looking for specific eggs they can't be found anywhere. When I'm no longer trying to find them I suddenly see many going by. :blink:

3 minutes ago, Cottoncat said:

For some reason it always seems to happen that whenever I'm looking for specific eggs they can't be found anywhere. When I'm no longer trying to find them I suddenly see many going by. :blink:

This. Happens. All. The. Time!! I swear DC just knows and is like, "Haha remember that egg you spent HOURS hunting for? Here's one! And there's one! Ooh, here's TWO for you! Oh what? Don't need it anymore? But here's another!!" :dry:

Not sure if this is 'bad luck' per se, but it seems like every single time I post a trade I get offers completely different from what I've specified. Deliberately specified I'm *only* looking for a specific breed, and get two offers of different breeds (one 2nd-gen, when I specified messy). It's just frustrating, because it makes me feel like they aren't even reading my post or don't care enough to respect what I'm asking for. (I did get legit offers and have completed the trades, but I'm still annoyed over it.)

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Not sure if this is 'bad luck' per se, but it seems like every single time I post a trade I get offers completely different from what I've specified. Deliberately specified I'm *only* looking for a specific breed, and get two offers of different breeds (one 2nd-gen, when I specified messy). It's just frustrating, because it makes me feel like they aren't even reading my post or don't care enough to respect what I'm asking for. (I did get legit offers and have completed the trades, but I'm still annoyed over it.)

This. The other day, I specifically asked for a swap or nice checkers for a 3G Prize and the same person tried to offer me a messy Bolt several times, even after I declined. I ended up just abandoning the Prize when it got too close to growing up. I wish people would just read before offering...

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

This. The other day, I specifically asked for a swap or nice checkers for a 3G Prize and the same person tried to offer me a messy Bolt several times, even after I declined. I ended up just abandoning the Prize when it got too close to growing up. I wish people would just read before offering...

I don't know - this is super frustrating, but maybe sometimes people are like "Hey, I don't have any of these really specific things that are being asked for for this beautiful line that I may never be able to own, so why not give it a shot?" I don't think it's meant to be taken as a lack of regard for the person with the trade or any kind of personal attack. Just my thoughts. I've definitely offered some different (but nice) eggs/hatchies on trades that weren't asked for just out of pure desperation lol

-x-

Anyways, my bad luck is scraping up nothing from the biomes over the past three days. I stink.

27 minutes ago, coo_ said:

I don't know - this is super frustrating, but maybe sometimes people are like "Hey, I don't have any of these really specific things that are being asked for for this beautiful line that I may never be able to own, so why not give it a shot?" I don't think it's meant to be taken as a lack of regard for the person with the trade or any kind of personal attack. Just my thoughts. I've definitely offered some different (but nice) eggs/hatchies on trades that weren't asked for just out of pure desperation lol

-x-

Anyways, my bad luck is scraping up nothing from the biomes over the past three days. I stink.

That's most likely it, but it is definitely frustrating. In my case, I ask specifically for messies, and I'm sure some people think they are giving me *better* offers when they offer a 2nd-gen or something... I know some people don't get that I'd much rather have a messy. And honestly I have gotten some 'better' offers, in terms of relative value that most people would agree on, but when I'm looking for something specific it's frustrating to be offered something completely different. 

My gemshard egg just hatched red and precog'd female and I've been trying to trade my other female red for days with no luck. I just keep getting female red gemshards. GREEN OR BLUE would have been fine or a male red but nope T^T

Edit: SO I got excited 'cause I realized I actually precog'd the wrong hatchie and went to precog the right what and it still ends up being female. 3 female reds T^T

Edited by Mochi

Finally saw an Aeon (one of the two things I'm hunting for tonight), and misclicked on an Olive instead, locking myself.  Bah.  I'd Bite it, but I'm afraid of it just dying on my scroll.

Edit:  Not really bad luck, but...when I go to use an obscure fandom reference in a name, and it's already taken, and I want so badly to get in contact with whomever used it so that we can nerd out about whatever it was, but I can't find them.   This keeps happening to me.

Edited by Gryphonic

She just refused him. My other CB Aegis is permanently enraged. I absolutely love this pairing too :(

I just noticed. I haven't had luck in summoning GoN since May 2010. That'll be soon 8 years... >.< Oh well.

IF anyone finds a bunch of 2G Horse and FellFire Eggs in the AP.... I was trying for a Hellhorse. >.< Really dragons? Really?

Edited by JavaTigress

My scroll's getting attacked. I lost an Astrapi egg due to sickness (woke up, either eggshells or sick eggs could be seem that day. Three eggs, two eggshells)

Really tired and out of it lately, and losing interest right now I’m catching eggs. Hopefully I’ll nice the regular releases start, that will change...

I bit six eggs.  Of the six, 4 died, 1 repulsed and 1 actually became a vampire.  And this is BETTER luck than my usual vampy results.

Last 2? vamps repulsed. This week several failed breeds for gift/trades. Getting a lil better luck today, though.

The only time I actually need a Shiny-fail, THIS happens! This can't be normal, right? o.O

image.png.092db89319005c69feeb5d4936702ee8.png

Just did a round of breeding through new pairs, and since I got a lot of 'no eggs' I kept burning through Fertilities.  I thought I had a respectable number of purples, but I guess I need to get back to collecting them. 

I wanted to breed my Guardian and Alt Black in the hopes of getting a curled up alt black hatchling.  What do they produce? A Guardian egg.

Someone just picked up a CB Red Dorsal with a Z Code and I am sitting here thinking to myself about how stupid I was to try and look at the color first.