Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

On 1/22/2018 at 7:03 PM, Marie19R said:

Uggghhh I went to click on a biome link to refresh the page but wasn't really paying attention and accidentally clicked an egg instead. Got the egg. Now I'm locked for 5 hours.

I do this sometimes - it is never not annoying.  :(

Wanted to help someone reach their breed goal. But my dragons didn't like this idea - none of my Golds produced a shiny egg. And I bred them all.

Not seeing Fire Gems in the Volcano. Appear for me, pretties!

I am well aware that once an egg leaves my scroll, whatever happens to it is already out of my control. I am, in no way, strict about the naming schemes of my dragons' offspring. However. I noticed that this person keeps giving them dog tags and I admit that it grates on me more than it should whenever I look at my dragon's progeny. I've stopped dropping my eggs to the AP and refuse to breed my boy with dragons that multiclutch because of them. 

The bad luck is that they keep getting my eggs, and that a few other prize owners I know have also sworn off dropping their 2g prizekins on the Abandoned Page due to a similar issue with this person. I can't really speak for the other dragon owners whose kins and alts were named like this (and sometimes inbred), but the bad luck is that I have to see this every time I look at my progeny. It's more a vent, really, but I had to get it off my chest. It's so upsetting having to see this week per week. 

PYsg4lv.png

@esse That's nothing and honestly I wouldn't be upset over that. Someone named one of my offspring this, and another this, and I can't do a thing about it. Mod said they were fine. Those are worse than someone naming your offspring after the parent's code (and you can blame prize rarity for this, as their children are literally collector's items).

3 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@esse That's nothing and honestly I wouldn't be upset over that. Someone named one of my offspring this, and another this, and I can't do a thing about it. Mod said they were fine. Those are worse than someone naming your offspring after the parent's code (and you can blame prize rarity for this, as their children are literally collector's items).

Not really, no. I would rather get my boy's progeny filled with poopoos than get these. I understand that while it may seem silly or offensive in some way, it's that someone took the time to think up of a name for your dragon's offspring. I get where you're coming from, but I would like to agree to disagree. It is because the dragon is precious to me that I find it upsetting that someone just puts a pathetic excuse of a name and consider it something like a collector's item. 

I understand, not everyone wants to think of a name, and not all people can come up a creative name. I don't even mind a name if it was literally my Prize's name with a generation tag or a marker. Honestly, I don't even care if they go unnamed. But these? "No, let's just get a specific naming pattern and be very, very obvious, because who cares about names?

I think I'm acting a touchy and petty over the subject, it's just... I don't know. When I see these names, it gives me an imagery of creatures on cages being tagged for experiments. I'm not expecting that anything will come out of this, really. It's just a really personal vent about this bad luck I'm having.

I hold accountable to the fact that I dropped those eggs in the AP, and I respect that it is their choice to name them this way. Just saying that I would like to personally know who gets my eggs nowadays to prevent this kind of mishap. 

Edited by esse

@esse I'm not the biggest fan of  the names you're complaining about either, but I find them preferable to well.. gross names. I think some people do it just so they can tell a dragon's lineage at a glance. This solstice I picked up from the AP, the parents are named with the Mate's code, breed names, and generation in the name. It's not really pretty-looking in a lineage, but I can't afford to be picky with holidays.

I like to imagine the dragons don't even care what we humans call them. They probably have their own name for themselves or something, if any.

I once did a little massbreed of Avatars, and 8 of them were picked up by someone who named them "o0o-------------oOo" (with varying number of dashes). They needed scroll dividers, it looks like.

Interestingly, the Thuwed/HM descendent (no SA) was later renamed "o0-- 2G from Spriter's Alts --Oo" and a mostly-PB-but-otherwise-unremarkable Avatar was renamed "o0o--- 2G Thuweds ---oOo".

My solution to that is easy: breed more Avatars so that those names don't show up on the /view/ pages of their parents anymore XD I'm not looking that closely at /progeny/ pages, they're all very cluttered.

My actual bad luck: I realized yesterday that I've been looking for something which the intended giftee no longer needs.

22 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I once did a little massbreed of Avatars, and 8 of them were picked up by someone who named them "o0o-------------oOo" (with varying number of dashes). They needed scroll dividers, it looks like.

Interestingly, the Thuwed/HM descendent (no SA) was later renamed "o0-- 2G from Spriter's Alts --Oo" and a mostly-PB-but-otherwise-unremarkable Avatar was renamed "o0o--- 2G Thuweds ---oOo".

My solution to that is easy: breed more Avatars so that those names don't show up on the /view/ pages of their parents anymore XD I'm not looking that closely at /progeny/ pages, they're all very cluttered.

My actual bad luck: I realized yesterday that I've been looking for something which the intended giftee no longer needs.

I intend to do this, but to breed my boy with more breeds with breed names that start before H so that the names doesn't appear on top of the progeny list. If it's lost on a sea of babies, I probably won't see them fast enough to give it some damns. 

--

Bad luck: I didn't check my slots and had to freeze a cb red dorsal. Can't wait for platinum trophy for more slots. 

Bred some of my Valentine pairs to the AP the other day, now I wanna breed for people on the forums and everything's on cooldown. Eh, at least we have over a week yet.

Meanwhile managed to get several trades for mates I need, but still missing some. Doesn't help I keep finding things to add to the list.

2 hours ago, esse said:

I intend to do this, but to breed my boy with more breeds with breed names that start before H so that the names doesn't appear on top of the progeny list.

Sadly, the progeny listing is sorted by mate's egg laid date (which is why Sino appear at the top - they don't have one).

That is actually my bad luck, current AND old:

The progeny listing used to be sorted by mate's code: numbers, uppercase letters, lowercase letters. For one of my dragons, I specifically traded for CB mates with specific codes (starting letters) to keep them somewhat grouped (all Lunar colours together).

With the progeny sorting changed to egg laid date of the mate (when the page was re-designed a few months ago), all of that was FOR NAUGHT and looks like rubbish now. I want the OLD list back! :angry: Or at least a way to INFLUENCE the sorting somehow, e.g. by NAME or by ACCOUNT SETTING!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I'm egg-locked. One egg will be able to hatch in an hour (tho my eggs haven't been growing up right away lately), but I have to leave for work in about 50 minutes... Ugh. I have one egg I could abandon so that I wouldn't be locked, but I kind of need it for zombie-fodder.

@Ruby Eyes

I don't understand the point of the new progeny page. Nothing about it is improved over the old one- it's just broken. Annoyed the most by the fact that offspring 'with a deceased partner' do not show up anymore at all.

I too am egg-locked, but I'm more anxious for things to grow up so I can add more breeding pairs to my Valentines page.

I keep forgetting about the hour drop to see if there are any Fire Gems in the Volcano, haha!

Trying to hunt and for some reason my computer is crawIing tonight.  It takes a count of ten to load anything on DC.

1 minute ago, Gryphonic said:

Trying to hunt and for some reason my computer is crawIing tonight.  It takes a count of ten to load anything on DC.

I don't think it's your computer. DC is lag city for me too right now.

My bad luck is DC lags. I can't catch/see anything on 5-10 minute drops and hour drops are impossible. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the lag does seem worse the last day or so. My internet is very noticeably faster then it used to be (different browser, who knew!), and my computer was recently made a lot faster as well by a complete restore, so for once I know it's not actually on my side. Everything else on my computer is loading zippity-fast, but the biomes are taking noticeably longer.

Gah, this lag needs to be fixed- the fact that's it's only lagging sometimes is screwing me up. Clicked the volcano link, then immediately clicked the jungle link expecting it to load slowly, but there was a gold in the volcano and the jungle loaded too fast for me to click it :/

Making an offer on an egg below influencing time.  I know I'm gambling, but hey, it might work out.

Edit: used precog and no, it won't gender right.

Edited by Gryphonic

1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Gah, this lag needs to be fixed- the fact that's it's only lagging sometimes is screwing me up. Clicked the volcano link, then immediately clicked the jungle link expecting it to load slowly, but there was a gold in the volcano and the jungle loaded too fast for me to click it :/

Totally agree with you. Thogh I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one nor it's my connection to make the cave lag. Ià Ià! Lagmonster ftaghn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Lagmonster Dragoncave wgah'nagl ftaghn!

Someone added my CB Silver, which I carefully removed from every hatchery once it hatched, to enough clicksites that it grew up. I had already arranged a trade using that CB Silver and was just about to set up a transfer link. Now, thanks to some random person's pettiness, I have to ruin someone's day by breaking off that trade. I also won't be getting the dragons they offered to me, which I desperately needed to continue lineages. It would have been their first CB Silver too, which was a huge part of why I chose to trade with them :(

Honestly, I miss the days of being able to trust people here. This happens every single time I unhide my scroll. I'm not a CB Prize owner or regular metal catcher or spriter. I have nothing especially valuable on my scroll. I've also never knowingly wronged someone in a trade. Why is there a target on my back? -rant over-

Edited by The Dragoness

@The Dragoness There seems to be an awful lot of that going around lately, much more then normal. I haven't been targeted (so far), but it really seems to be very random, most people I've seen mention it didn't have anything valuable at all, and some of it has been stuff the person bred so it's not like someone get mad at being beat out in the biomes. I doubt it's anything specifically about you, just random targeting.

my bad luck: Missed a chicken egg in the biomes earlier today. I've never hunted for chickens, ever, so I didn't have their description memorized, I saw something about 'small' and assumed it was some sort of pygmy, like two minutes later decided to look up the description on the wiki, and ugghhh. 

57 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

my bad luck: Missed a chicken egg in the biomes earlier today. I've never hunted for chickens, ever, so I didn't have their description memorized, I saw something about 'small' and assumed it was some sort of pygmy, like two minutes later decided to look up the description on the wiki, and ugghhh. 

The thing that keeps tripping me up with the chicken eggs is the changed description.  It used to be something like '1/3 the size of other eggs' , with the actual fraction; now it's the more generic 'much smaller than other eggs'.-_-

My bad luck is being unable to find someone who wants an unrelated bloodswap to my 3G Heartstealing x Silver Tinsel checker.  Erg. I already gifted the first one I bred earlier in the month cuz it was getting too close to growing up, now this one'll likely be hatched within the next day - I don't wanna have to breed a third one.  That's cutting it way too close to the event. :(

15 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

My bad luck is being unable to find someone who wants an unrelated bloodswap to my 3G Heartstealing x Silver Tinsel checker.  Erg. I already gifted the first one I bred earlier in the month cuz it was getting too close to growing up, now this one'll likely be hatched within the next day - I don't wanna have to breed a third one.  That's cutting it way too close to the event. :(

I feel your pain, I have a similar problem trying to find a RA x Silver Tin swap.