Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Whilst grabbing ER eggs to hatch and put on departures, I found the prettiest Despis x Prize checker. But it's going to gender wrong :/

Hm. So Coppers appear to have vanished from the cave. I've been looking for several hours, guess I'll have to try again later today.

Both of my CB Shadow Walkers gendered female, and I wasn't able to interest anyone in a swap before they both grew up.  Dangit!  That'll be the only Halloween breed I don't have a CB pair of.  (Crossing my fingers that I'll be able to trade something else for a male.)

Miscounted my CB Shadow Walkers. Thought I had 4 Males and 3 Females so I only picked up one CB. Turns out I also only have 3 Males. Been trying to arrange a trade but the person I messaged hasn't been on for 17 hours. :/

Everything I'm picking up from the AP is CB or 2g. Which sounds awesome except that I'm looking for freezables XD

I'm 71 and I tried to do my first parachute jump this last Thursday, but it was a total bust.  I got up in the air alright, but when it came time to jump, the plane was too small for myself and my instructor to get hooked up and I wasn't able to do my jump.  I am now looking at another skydiving site with larger planes.    My main problem was in the knees...  I couldn't scrunch up tight enough to get hooked up in tandem with my instructor as the plane was too small and my knees started hurting very bad.  

But I will do it, I just need a roomier plane where I don't have to kneel...

The power went out for a week starting the day before Halloween.  :(  A storm my area was completely unprepared for and caught the electrical company by surprise.  Anyway, I was able to pick up some past hatchies from the AP last night, when our power came back, and someone was amazingly kind enough to gift a CB of this years release, so I at least have one. 

Now Halloween is over, it's back to scouring the AP for one or two pretty eggs, amongst all the CBs I have no use for or messy rejects whose only use is to freeze or bite, which is all I've been able to find :/ Been at it for 5 hours.

Had to change my avatar.  I was using the Silver Tinsel Mysfytt made, but it disappeared.  :dry:

ETA: I have a male Silver with a female Witchlight mother, so this Halloween I bred a mate-a *male* Witchlight from a female Silver.  Maybe I should've double-checked.  

Edited by prpldrgnfr

All 4 of my 2017 Halloween hatchies gendered male lol.  Fortunately I was able to trade one for a female.

Since Halloween snuck up on me before I could do any prep, I'm trying to get the jump on all the common pairs I need for Christmas. Four pairs tried, only one egg. They're not even rares; I needed a bluebanded and a fell. Now I remember why I went inactive most of the year.

2 minutes ago, Amberfly said:

Since Halloween snuck up on me before I could do any prep, I'm trying to get the jump on all the common pairs I need for Christmas. Four pairs tried, only one egg. They're not even rares; I needed a bluebanded and a fell. Now I remember why I went inactive most of the year.

Did you use Purples for fertility? They can solve 99% of one's breeding headaches.

1 minute ago, Miral said:

Did you use Purples for fertility? They can solve 99% of one's breeding headaches.

I only have so many of those, and half the dragons I use it on still don't give eggs. Maybe it helps for high-volume breeders, and I do use it to prevent refusals on important pairs, but I've never noticed it making that much difference.

4 minutes ago, Amberfly said:

I only have so many of those, and half the dragons I use it on still don't give eggs. Maybe it helps for high-volume breeders, and I do use it to prevent refusals on important pairs, but I've never noticed it making that much difference.

It really does depend on how many dragons you have. Once you hit the 1,000/Platinum mark (if you haven't already), you should notice an upswing. It's always a good idea to collect as many CBs as you can, especially if you're shooting for a specific lineage. (I once had a Silver Shimmer refuse three CB Guardians before she gave an egg. :wacko:)

Edited by Miral

4 minutes ago, Miral said:

It really does depend on how many dragons you have. Once you hit the 1,000/Platinum mark (if you haven't already), you should notice an upswing. It's always a good idea to collect as many CBs as you can, especially if you're shooting for a specific lineage. (I once had a Silver Shimmer refuse three CB Guardians before she gave an egg. :wacko:)

I have 3k dragons, I just don't breed often except holiday mates. Refusals are not the issue, it's no interest/no egg, and I get that even with fertility. Hence the slight ranting.

Just precognized this one to be female =( too bad, no checkers in the future (well, would have been a pain to get a mate anyway)

1 hour ago, Amberfly said:

I have 3k dragons, I just don't breed often except holiday mates. Refusals are not the issue, it's no interest/no egg, and I get that even with fertility. Hence the slight ranting.

I refer back to my earlier suggestion of hoarding CB commons (especially multiples of a single breed) to create lineages with. I have around the same number of dragons you do, and whenever I run into the "no interest/production" problem, I just re-breed parts of the lineage with more compatible dragons.

4 minutes ago, Miral said:

I refer back to my earlier suggestion of hoarding CB commons (especially multiples of a single breed) to create lineages with. I have around the same number of dragons you do, and whenever I run into the "no interest/production" problem, I just re-breed parts of the lineage with more compatible dragons.

Even with a large number of CBs of most breeds, it's still exasperating to have to try over and over to get the dragons to behave. I have just under 3K and a number of abandoned checker projects for this same reason.

6 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

Even with a large number of CBs of most breeds, it's still exasperating to have to try over and over to get the dragons to behave. I have just under 3K and a number of abandoned checker projects for this same reason.

Hey, I never said it was a cure-all, and I'm not disagreeing with either of you, just trying to offer helpful advice from the perspective of a veteran Caver. But it's about the only solution to this problem, short of the breeding mechanics being altered - and believe me, I wouldn't mind a change on that front.

Edited by Miral

I made the stupid decision to try to get the new halloween dragon at 11:30, and of course the eggs stopped spawning. Guess I'll have to wait until next year.

There's still no way to do anything about refusals, is there? The 3EG checker cavern lurker I got refused to breed with its intended spirit ward mate, which blows because I was really fond of that pairing and pretty excited to have 4EG checker babies. Guess that's only a possibility for Halloween, if I even remember/care enough to breed them :T

Oh, the pain of being offered something that is technically what you asked for, but it doesn't have a gender yet so you don't know if it'll be right and the other person doesn't appear to have a forum account.  :(

Having someone put your dragons on a view website and making the first cheese egg you ever caught sick. Thanks, whoever you are, I'll go ahead and put my scroll back on private now. Not even a week of it being un-private since I joined and this happens lol (y)