Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

An egg I really need as a mate was dropped on the departure thread. Someone else got it because I typed in my password wrong. Sigh. I was really looking forward to continuing that checker. I've had two with the same lineage without mates since last year.

My dragons keep playing tricks on me when it comes to Ultraviolet/Hellhorse eggs, etc. They keep breeding true when I need mates and give me what I wanted after I traded for them censorkip.gif

Edited by Stormypulse

An egg I really need as a mate was dropped on the departure thread. Someone else got it because I typed in my password wrong. Sigh. I was really looking forward to continuing that checker. I've had two with the same lineage without mates since last year.

I miss so many eggs because of this. Do the people who snap eggs up the literal second it's posted have their passwords saved? That's...unsafe...but a good way to get eggs.

I got passed by on getting a CB Mageia Xeno because I had my scroll hid and the person didn't give me any time to unhide it. Oh well. Just my opinion, but if you put it in Departures, it shouldn't matter where it goes and to whom. If you have stipulations, put it in a trade thread or use the one of the many gifting threads with rules about stuff like hidden scrolls/freezing/harming/biting etc. unsure.gif

Ugh. 3/4 of my Mageias are male as well. Was hoping to finally get a female. I've had SO MANY influence fails. dry.gif

Influence always fails when you need it most.

Tried to breed a pb 2nd gen red stripe... got a number of green stripes, a black stripe and a blue stripe. Oh well... maybe next week!

Then again, there are really, really kind breeders out there who do happen to have luck <3

Edited by ajc

Just my opinion, but if you put it in Departures, it shouldn't matter where it goes and to whom. If you have stipulations, put it in a trade thread or use the one of the many gifting threads with rules about stuff like hidden scrolls/freezing/harming/biting etc. unsure.gif

That would be the take an egg leave an egg thread.

Many of us choose to gift nice or rare egg that we would rather not see trashed, so it's nice to have a place we can make those request of people without having to do the forms and stuff (I have a hard time with keeping up with forms and don't really use threads that require it).

It's certainly no guarantee, since it still holds true that once an egg leaves your scroll it belongs to the new owner to do whatever they want with, but it gives us a chance to at least try to make sure the egg goes to a good home. I'm sure you know the heartbreak of breeding something pretty only to see it dead or otherwise used in a way you don't care for?

That would be the take an egg leave an egg thread.

Many of us choose to gift nice or rare egg that we would rather not see trashed, so it's nice to have a place we can make those request of people without having to do the forms and stuff (I have a hard time with keeping up with forms and don't really use threads that require it).

It's certainly no guarantee, since it still holds true that once an egg leaves your scroll it belongs to the new owner to do whatever they want with, but it gives us a chance to at least try to make sure the egg goes to a good home. I'm sure you know the heartbreak of breeding something pretty only to see it dead or otherwise used in a way you don't care for?

^ Well said!

Also, that particular departure thread explicitly states in the first post that people are allowed to set their own requirements for gifting.

Edit: Sometimes its also nice to know it went to someone who wanted to pick up a pretty lineage, not just a sparkly egg of that breed from the AP.

Edited by toyofubl

Whenever I remember I need to do some 2g lunar breeding, it's not the color I need! So then I wait, and ... forget until it is too late again.

Can't get anything but Stripes from white Stripe x Xeno (both Gaia and Astrapi). Boo!

Whenever I remember I need to do some 2g lunar breeding, it's not the color I need! So then I wait, and ... forget until it is too late again.

Yep same here! It seems like I've missed my last chance until next Winter to breed the pairing I'm looking for (Silver Lunar Herald X Winter to get a Winter) *sigh*

So I guess it's twice as bad for me right now >w<

My failures today:

I missed a:

CB Ice

CB GW

CB Thalassa (my fav!)

CB Pyro

I also STILL didn't get the magikarp badge yet! I've been starting to splash since January 3rd! I also have two Shallow Waters! Definitely 50 days! I've been making my shallow waters splash every day! Is there something wrong?

Yep same here! It seems like I've missed my last chance until next Winter to breed the pairing I'm looking for (Silver Lunar Herald X Winter to get a Winter) *sigh*

So I guess it's twice as bad for me right now >w<

You're a very brave person- a lunar herald x seasonal lineage? That sounds incredibly frustrating!

Edit: But now that I think of it, that is a lovely pairing. Gah.

Edited by toyofubl

Bred two 2Gs together to make a checker. Wrong 2Gs, so now I have a 3G Mageia from a Lurker x Mageia and Ice x Mageia.....argh! mad.gif

I just realized that about 10 mins ago I abandoned two eggs instead of hiding them. I have GOT to stay away from my scroll when my Adderall is wearing off. GRR. sad.gif

My 2G Mageia x Heartstealing pairs REFUSE to make a Mageia baby. They have so far only given me a Thalassa and a Pyro. C'mon guys! xd.png

I, somehow, always inexplicably timed and always against my will, end up in a car within the hour my Neglected experiment is going to die. And I always end up going through a spot of bad signal on my phone in the critical seconds of the experiment, typically immediately after its unfogging and only a minute before its death.

I'd put an angry face, but this forum doesn't have one to express just how frustrated I am with the amount of time I waste on experiments just for them to inevitably fail. I think I'm far better off just trading for the dumb dragons, because I'm sure not getting them any other way.

If you made it this far, thanks for hearing out my rant. Sometimes a good rant is all you need to forget about a problem. I will undoubtedly continue trying and failing Neglected experiments in the future, despite my assertions otherwise. tongue.gif

I, somehow, always inexplicably timed and always against my will, end up in a car within the hour my Neglected experiment is going to die. And I always end up going through a spot of bad signal on my phone in the critical seconds of the experiment, typically immediately after its unfogging and only a minute before its death.

I'd put an angry face, but this forum doesn't have one to express just how frustrated I am with the amount of time I waste on experiments just for them to inevitably fail. I think I'm far better off just trading for the dumb dragons, because I'm sure not getting them any other way.

If you made it this far, thanks for hearing out my rant. Sometimes a good rant is all you need to forget about a problem. I will undoubtedly continue trying and failing Neglected experiments in the future, despite my assertions otherwise. tongue.gif

Ugh, I'm sorry about that! Neglecteds require so much time, effort, and luck- FRUSTRATING!

Here's a hug. Or a sympathetic yell of rage. Whichever would help more. Or both?

My current bad luck is trying to breed or even find a 2G Two-Finned Bluna, but specifically from Deep Blue x Skywing parents unsure.gif

Tried to breed some Lunar Heralds....4/6 refused their mates laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif (Those lol smilies are actually me crying inside tongue.gif )

My current bad luck is trying to breed or even find a 2G Two-Finned Bluna, but specifically from Deep Blue x Skywing parents unsure.gif

You mean, Deep Sea x Skywing?

EDIT: Check your pm!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

You mean, Deep Sea x Skywing?

Yeah, I do actually laugh.gifxd.png

Maybe they aren't producing a Bluna because the dragon knows I can't even get his breed name right! laugh.gif

Have a CB Blusang that I can't get rid of. No one seems to want it and I don't need it, but hate to just dump it. Took it out of the trade threads in order to use it as an offer, but got declined.