Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

My bad luck comes from the one thing I care about on the site, for lineages. I'm fine with messy as heck lineages. But I'm not cool with inbred, and have a policy of mournfully having to end them.

I know some say it's harsh, but as an evolutionary biologist IRL it's what I feel is my duty.

And my first ever Xenowyrm, a Mageia, scooped up from the abandoned pile, had a father who was also it's own grandfather.

Whoever has "Mageia Xenowyrm1111" on their scroll, I blame you for this sadness.

So, according to the Valkemare Lunar Calender I've got saved, today is the first day of the latest Silver Lunar Herald breeding season. I'm currently working on a PB lineage that is heavily reliant on this, and just need one more egg to complete it.

So I go to breed the pair, and .... it's the wrong colour... dry.gif

It's got an interesting code, but the wrong colour is seriously annoying, since it means I've now got to wait and cut it very very close to the Silver season ending before trying again  dry.gif

I'm so sorry, Charon. You did do it too early....the changeover is at 8pm Cave time (EST), so later today, at 8pm Cave time, it will flip to the silver. I'm so sorry hon. sad.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

I'm so sorry, Charon. You did do it too early....the changeover is at 6pm Cave time (EST), so later today, at 6pm Cave time, it will flip to the silver. I'm so sorry hon.  sad.gif

Or is it 8pm Cave time?? Meh, one of those two, later today.

I always thought it was at midnight, cave time, since that seems to be when most things happen. At least now I know for next time... :|

It says so right at the top of the calender, in red about it being 8pm, not midnight.

Bahaha. Saw the exchange about lunar breeding, misread the timestamp, assumed silver breeding was active as of 8 PM last night. Bred my silver lunar pair to the AP and it produced a gold lunar. I get bonus "you suck" points for breeding while locked - since the egg went straight to the AP I can't even vamp it to fix my mistake.

It says so right at the top of the calender, in red about it being 8pm, not midnight.

Yeeeeah, I plead guilty to not reading the red bit. unsure.gif Definitely will be in future.

Edited by CharonDusk

CRAP CRAP I JUST MISSED A CB GOLD.

I don't know the egg message well enough because I've NEVER SEEN ONE! So I hesitated for a second and missed it D:

I always thought it was at midnight, cave time, since that seems to be when most things happen. At least now I know for next time... :|

There is a link to a really nice calendar by pinkgothic being posted by Shokomon every other day or so, in this thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...iew=getlastpost (DC Moon Watch and Lunar Herald Theories)

I have four male CB Falconiforms and no female. I do not influence them, because they are commons, and I always can get another one, and my Pinks are always needed for something more important. And someday I'll get one that will gender female, right?

Well, this day is not today. The fifth hatchling gendered male. I abandoned him, because I got annoyed. Are they mocking me?

I can't even trade a CB Pink for a messy and/or inbred Red. I'm egglocked and was hoping to trade it to someone who needs/wants it for something I want. Trading really is terrible these days. I know just about everyone likes CBs, so I thought someone would be interested in getting one for a messy/inbred.

I can't even trade a CB Pink for a messy and/or inbred Red. I'm egglocked and was hoping to trade it to someone who needs/wants it for something I want. Trading really is terrible these days. I know just about everyone likes CBs, so I thought someone would be interested in getting one for a messy/inbred.

I feel like it's harder to trade for hatchlings in general right now, and I don't know why- the AP? I miss the times when everything in there is extra low time.

I feel like it's harder to trade for hatchlings in general right now, and I don't know why- the AP? I miss the times when everything in there is extra low time.

My last 2 trades (A CB Xeno and a CB Blusang) took almost a full day from when I first posted them to get a trade offer. Usually it is an hour at the most, as I am looking for 4 of any breed or lineage hatchlings.

------

When I was first on DC this morning, there were a ton of incuhatchable eggs, so I ended up with 7 of them between grabbing the first few and grabbing a couple more when they hatched. I thought only about freezing them, so I didn't even look to see if anyone was offering good stuff for random hatchlings.

Silly me. I could have swapped my freshly hatched hatchlings for something to swap for hatchlings.

Ah, this is such a silly thing to be sad about given the chances involved, but the code I kept in the back of my mind for 'if I ever win an HM (or a prize that I can downgrade to an HM) in a raffle...!' is now taken. (It was Toxic, which is now a CB pillow dragon. Congrats to the owner!)

18 blacks hatched, no alt and counting... it used to be easier than this. dry.gif

This was years ago, but I believe I didn't get my first one until after 39 attempts - back then eggs could also have clutches - I bred some blacks, got 3 black eggs and chose one and of the those 3 one did turn but not the one I kept.

Currently, my bad luck with black alts is about 1 in 10 if I'm really trying everyday to breed/hatch 'em.

I hope your luck improves and you get one soon

Trying to get CB Reds (seem to always be wanted in trades, and useful if I can't trade them) but end up with coppers and Blusangs because I can't resist clicking them. Must...resist...shiny. xd.png

Trying to get CB Reds (seem to always be wanted in trades, and useful if I can't trade them) but end up with coppers and Blusangs because I can't resist clicking them. Must...resist...shiny. xd.png

I wish I had that problem! xd.png I never see Blusangs or Coppers! (But thanks to you, the Blusang thing is now longer a problem. biggrin.gif)

I wish I had that problem! xd.png I never see Blusangs or Coppers! (But thanks to you, the Blusang thing is now longer a problem. biggrin.gif)

I just caught another Blusang. Yes, this is bad luck. I was going for the Thalassa Xeno I saw. laugh.gif

Never hunt for eggs when on medication. tongue.gif

I just caught another Blusang. Yes, this is bad luck. I was going for the Thalassa Xeno I saw. laugh.gif

Never hunt for eggs when on medication. tongue.gif

Or when you're half asleep! I was hunting Pinks one time and ended up at the Coast because I didn't think about it. It wasn't a Pink I caught. (Rotten Flamingos...) I did the same in the Jungle!

Also, egglocked again. I want to go hunting, but I know I'll see something good. It always happens when I'm out of egg room.

Ah, this is such a silly thing to be sad about given the chances involved, but the code I kept in the back of my mind for 'if I ever win an HM (or a prize that I can downgrade to an HM) in a raffle...!' is now taken. (It was Toxic, which is now a CB pillow dragon. Congrats to the owner!)

I feel you. Although that's not the code I would have picked if I won a raffle, it is a code I had thought of and thought would be super-neat to own. So when I saw it posted in the cool codes thread, I was beyond jelly! rolleyes.gif

I had to turn down a beautiful, generous gift because I'm egglocked with things I can't drop and I'm out of incubates. The egg space limit and my need for more Reds strike again.