Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Always popping into the departure thread too late to catch the really awesome eggs that could help my projects.

I literally just remembered I had Valentine eggs that I grabbed on the 15th. They just died.. yesterday. (I called off work last night, too.. because I was feeling terrible). I've been so busy with work, working 10 hour days.. then sleeping as soon as I get home. Ugh. I'm so mad at myself. They were neat looking, too. =(

It may be a noob question, but I don't really understand... Is it wrong to trade something you traded for earlier? I thought it was quite common strategy.

It's very common and one of the ways people who have trouble catching (raises hand) are able to trade their way up into getting some of the nicer things. Nothing wrong with it and generally accepted. Unlike trading away gifts or things picked up in departures. Lots of people don't like seeing things they gifted being used for trades, that is usually considered rude, although even then some players will tell you they don't care what you do with the egg you get.

I literally just remembered I had Valentine eggs that I grabbed on the 15th. They just died.. yesterday.
So sorry to hear that sad.gif

Been so giddy to finally be able to gift something to someone who seems to be online pretty much all day long - and now they seem to be offline xd.png

Been so giddy to finally be able to gift something to someone who seems to be online pretty much all day long - and now they seem to be offline xd.png

Well, you gifted to me! I dunno if I was one of the people, but I just went offline to do homework. I'm not allowed to play computer at night unless my homework is done. Moms! laugh.gif

Thank you for the gift, btw! Super amazing awesome person!

Bad luck: WHY DO PEOPLE ASK YOU TO TRADE SOMETHING FOR WHAT THEY HAVE, AND THEN CHANGE THEIR MINDS AND CLAIM THEY DON'T HAVE IT? Especially when what they were offering (which I would have accepted) was still clearly on their scroll. At least hide your scroll if you're going to lie! Or better yet, say you changed your mind! Geez. dry.gif

I have a ridgewing with the code, "PACOT"

Nobody congratulated me for getting it, even though I posted it in the "Dragon Codes Thread"

When I said I did not want it, I meant that I wanted to trade it. A person pmed me asking for it for free.

Then I posted on a trade thread. Nobody offered yet.

Boo hoo

I just have no luck with trades ...

Trying to pay my part of an IOU for the 2nd time already: no response (6 days).

Put up 3 things for trade: no offers (1 day).

Offered stuff on 2 other trades: no response (just a few hours, but I'm getting sooo tired of trades ...).

I usually have no trouble getting trades. The problem I am having lately is I'm offering on trade and the offers just sit there for a day or two. I guess the items that I am trying to trade to get Valentine hatchlings are either not quite what people are looking for or they haven't been on to check the offers.

I wish there was a way to know if an offer is unseen or being considered.

I don't patiently wait for the perfect offer when I post something I'm willing to trade away. I just usually accept the first reasonable offer that I see. A lot of the time I will accept something with the intention of trading it away or gifting it away later.

Right now, my bad luck is that i'm waiting for somebody to pick up an egg for 2 days now. I need my eggs slot. Egg was picked up a little bit ago, and I just picked up a cheese egg.

Edited by PrincessLucy

It may be a noob question, but I don't really understand... Is it wrong to trade something you traded for earlier? I thought it was quite common strategy.

Nope, not wrong at all. When, for example, there's someone offering what you want and asking for something you do not have and a 2nd trader offering what the 1st trader wants and looking for something you have... you just "bridge".

Misbred. Bit. Killed egg.

Bred Lunar Heralds and forgot that the color was out of season.

I have a 2g Thalassa. I find the lineage very pretty here!

I want to give it out

Out of Magis available for teleport

Boohoo, I missed some cool stuff because I'm egglocked

198 adult dragons.

I do not believe in freezing

Hatchies are taking FOREVER to grow.

I want the silver trophy NOW so I won't be egglocked.

*sigh* I just bred an egg to offer on a trade, forgetting that I was egglocked.

Got an ungendered Tinsel hatchie in a trade. So of course, it's gendered the wrong way. :/

Seeing the perfect trade I'd need for my holiday mates (an unrelated 3rd gen Gold from Heartseeker checker, wants a 4th gen) ... but of course, my dragons don't cooperate. Stupid metallics mad.gif

Can't seem to get an Ember from my Ember x Mageia pairing. And apparently I only have two male Embers. dry.gif

-removed, - Edited by rubyshoes

-removed, off topic chat, take chat to PMs- Edited by rubyshoes

The person who put a decent trade on my mageia has too many eggs to accept. Gah.

I've been looking for Gaia xenowyrms in the cave and I've seen two today, but it seems like my internet isn't fast enough for my grab to be registered before someone else takes it. (Or maybe it's my reflexes.) ;_;

Edit: And now this has happened three times OTL

Edited by lolahighwind

I'd say try putting it in your sig or renaming the parents to try and get it back, -removed-

I just wish there was a way around auto-abandon. Not a higher limit, just a confirmation and a chance to abandon another egg instead. It'd just be so much nicer and get rid of mistakes like this.

It isn't a big deal on mine, as it was just a 2nd gen from a Holiday. Perhaps they or someone else who is looking for that combination will be the one to grab it from the AP.

They had a list of things that they were looking for, so I was only able on 1 of their trades instead of both.

---------------------

Edited by rubyshoes

If I ask for two eggs from specific pairs people seem to read it as two eggs from one pair or the other. (ex. If I ask for a 2nd Gen Red x Green and a 2nd Gen Red x Pink someone offers two 2nd Gen Red x Green.) Because of that I specifically state that I only need one of each, which seems to work.

Except that this time I was asking for bred Seasonals/Winters, and didn't explicitly say that I wanted Winter parents. Oops.

Edited by 11th

-removed, off topic chat, take chat to PMs- Edited by rubyshoes

Just as the title says.

What is your current bad luck. Too late for a click on a rare ... bred the wrong dragon ... kept the wrong egg?

For me currently, my bad luck is the lack of female dragons ... must get some pink eggs in my next egg hung ... hopefully pinks can still influence.

edited to add the following thread warning:

Keep in mind that this is supposed to just be a light hearted thread to post about a little bad luck as shown in the first post. It isn't to be used to rant/vent or try upset/accuse other users. If the thread is abused in the above manner it will be closed.

edit:

This is not a chat thread. Take chat/comments to PM

Quoting first post including warns: