Ansela Jonla

9th birthday release breeding plans

user posted image

[IMG=http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/7/7d/Magelight_Pygmy_Wyvern_female.png]

Magelight Pygmy Wvern female

user posted image

[IMG=http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/2/27/Magelight_Pygmy_Wyvern_male.png]

Magelight Pygmy Wvern male

user posted image

[IMG=http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/f/fd/Hooktalon_female.png]

Hooktalon Dragon female

user posted image

[IMG=http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/0/0d/Hooktalon_male.png]

Hooktalon Dragon male

user posted image

[IMG=http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/a/af/Greater_Spotted_Drake.png]

Greater Spotted Drake (no sprite dimorphism)

Edited by Ansela Jonla

I should have waited for the image links biggrin.gif can we merge our two threads somehow?

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=168673

I think the only way for non-mods to do it is for you to copy the contents of your post into your comment on here (the one I'm replying to, since it makes more sense, imo, to have the one with the image links as the first post), then change the title of your thread to request closure?

The Magelights pretty much go with any of the pygmys! I'm definitely going to breed some of those combos. They're so pretty!

I like the Spotted Drake and Howler combo as well as the Night Glory. The Spotted Drake is one of those harder to pair with, especially with such a small selection of Drakes.

For the Hooktalons, definitely Bloodscales and regular Splits (good contrast).

*shuffles post over*

m Nillia X f Magelight is a thing that must happen. The colours are nicely contrasted while having the same glowy/soft quality.

Totally keeping my second pair of Magelights. Some day I will make a checker of this.

(and wow, awesome that you did all possibilities xd.png)

m Pygmy X f Maglight is nice too, though I'm not a fan of orange as a colour.

I really love the Hooktalon x Bloodscale, though the red of the Hooktalon looks good IMO with any of the blue-toned two-headed. tongue.gif

Sadly, I'll need to see some longer mock-ups to really decide on the spotted drakes. None of the drake combinations are catching my eyes atm.

Those Pygmies though.... I've always loved the little dragons, and this latest addition has totally stolen my heart. I love them with Dark Myst and pumpkin (that bit of green on the pumpkin just makes it all pop!). I really want to see a mock-up with the nilas - I think that pair has a lot of potential, but I need to see it further out. biggrin.gif

Hooktalons

user posted image x user posted image

I'm surprised that I like this combo so much; I'm not a fan of the duotones, but their colours match really nicely!

Even thought they were meant for each other, and the sprite quality is comparable, I don't think the colours quite fit. But I'm very curious how they'll turn out in an actual lineage view and I have a sneaking suspicion I'll fall in love with them then. (I'm absolutely in love with the gilded bloodscales and have been since their release. user posted image)

I think this has potential (especially male hooktalon x female green lindwurm), but I definitely need to see how it works out in the lineage view. biggrin.gif

Magelight

Yesssssssssss. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Nothing else to say here. Just yes.

Greater Spotted

I'm actually generally not hugely keen on these, so I'm really pleasantly surprised how awesome the colours mesh with night glories and howlers:

Really pretty colours. @_@

Edited by pinkgothic

The larger sprite comparison really helps. Thanks pinkgothic.

OH GOD. Sign me up for this lineage!

user posted image

I really like the hooktalons with the bloodscales. Their names also just match. =o

Bases for use

Hooktalon Male

Hooktalon Female

Greater Spotted Male

Greater Spotted Female

Magelight Male

Magelight Female

Preview Lines

Hooktalon PB

Greater Spotted PB

Magelight PB

Split x Hooktalon

Greater Spotted x Howler

Ochredrake x Greater Spotted

Magelight x Crimson

Magelight x Nilia

Magelight x Pygmy

Crimson x Magelight

Nilia x Magelight

Pygmy x Magelight

My favorites:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I also really like the pb hooktalon, hooktalon with bloodscale (as mentioned above), and magelight with nilia pygmies. The ochres with the greater spotteds aren't bad either.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I like the looks of the male pygmy/female magelight - that was a pairing that didn't really occur to me off the bat.

Nilias and Magelights look extremely well together! As well as regular pygmy.

Purebred Magelights also look pretty good.

Hooktalons and Splits look amazing too.

Oh, so much yumminess to choose from! Where to start?!

Greater Spotted with Nightglory o.o Why is this so perfect?

Also, might do a PB Hooktalon afterall....

I was a bit surprised at how much I like the male Split with the female Hooktalon. Not so much the opposite, though.

I like the GSD with the Night Glory and the Howler most of all.

The Magelights go well with most of the pygmy breeds, but I especially like them with the Nilia. I thought I would like them with the Dark Myst, but that is actually one of my least favorite combinations. ohmy.gif

It's time to start reworking my all-drake EG lineage before it is even finished. And I need to redo my all-2 heads lineage to include these new ones. I never did an even gen all-pygmy lineage, so it should be fairly easy to add these little guys to my stair lineage. smile.gif

Jack-o-lanterns 4 lyfe

Pumpkin x Magelight supremacy 8D

I forgot about Pumpkins! They look really good too wub.gif

Jack-o-lanterns 4 lyfe

Pumpkin x Magelight supremacy 8D

Sooo much agreeeee

Also planning to do Magelight x Dark Myst.

I find myself wanting to do green Lindwurm x Hooktalon as a two-head Christmas lineage. xd.png I really like m Hooktalon x f Bloodscale and m Hooktalon x f blue Lindwurm too.

I find myself surprised by the number of drake combos I like, too. I wasn't expecting to find much I'd want to do with it, but now that I've seen these, I really like GSD x Glaucus (perfect Earth Day land-and-sea combo) and GSD x Night Glory. To a lesser degree I also kind of like GSD x Day Glory and GSD x Howler.

The Magelight's poses make me want to mate them with Misfits biggrin.gif

Until I'm finished with one of my major breeding projects, I'll just make PB lineages.

I already have the first offspring for this lineage. *huggles*

Alas I am a little disappointed by GSD x Night Glory in practice. The lineage view cuts off the GSD's wings so the brown accent connecting the two is much less visible so it doesn't work as well as the full images together.

On the other hand, Magelight x Dark Myst is perfect <3

http://dragcave.net/lineage/U2dhY

Such Halloween very excite

Can't wait until a female CB Magelight grows up on my scroll so I can breed a PB G2 Magey, which will then become the mate of one of my G2 PB Pumpkins. biggrin.gif

Edited by Lurhstaap