Obscure_Trash

> How high can you count before a mod posts?

17 hours ago, Pilauli said:

It's from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a series by Douglas Adams.

Oh I know that book, I just haven't read it. XD 

13 hours ago, trystan said:

19!

i've been here a while. :) pinks are good for influencing.

Influencing?

4 hours ago, YukiHijikata said:

Influencing?

Okay, you know how to breed dragons, I assume?  (Go to the dragon's "actions" page, then select "breed" :))

Influencing is an action (just like breeding, only this is a breed-specific action, or BSA) that a certain breed of dragons, pink dragons, can do to an egg that will make the baby dragon hatch out the same gender as the pink dragon.  So, if I use one of my male pink dragons to influence an egg, that egg will be male, rather than randomly choosing a gender.  It's incredibly useful, as is the BSA for red dragons, incubate, which makes eggs able to hatch a day sooner.

If you want some pinks, I have some eggs I just bred.  I'll naturally hold onto them until they hatch - trading eggs will erase the effect of influencing, but a dragon irrevocably chooses a gender upon hatching, so trading ungendered hatchies is safe.

Lest I lose track of what I'm doing, I'd better post a number and be done now.  39

42!!

speaking of THGTTG! ;)

and thanks Pilauli, for answering YukiHijikata about pinks and influencing!

forty-three

Why am I not getting notifications for this thread any more?

Obvious first thing to check: are you still signed up to follow this thread?  I assume so, but you never know...

forty-five

Yeah, it still says I'm following it and nothing has changed in my preferences. *shrugs*

11 hours ago, Pilauli said:

Okay, you know how to breed dragons, I assume?  (Go to the dragon's "actions" page, then select "breed" :))

Influencing is an action (just like breeding, only this is a breed-specific action, or BSA) that a certain breed of dragons, pink dragons, can do to an egg that will make the baby dragon hatch out the same gender as the pink dragon.  So, if I use one of my male pink dragons to influence an egg, that egg will be male, rather than randomly choosing a gender.  It's incredibly useful, as is the BSA for red dragons, incubate, which makes eggs able to hatch a day sooner.

If you want some pinks, I have some eggs I just bred.  I'll naturally hold onto them until they hatch - trading eggs will erase the effect of influencing, but a dragon irrevocably chooses a gender upon hatching, so trading ungendered hatchies is safe.

Lest I lose track of what I'm doing, I'd better post a number and be done now.  39

Thanks for answering my question! That definitely sounds like it is a useful dragon to have if you want to have a certain gender of dragon. If you really wouldn't mind giving one of your pinks away, I would be grateful. :) I have one red dragon, but I should probably try to get a few more of them, since they are really useful.

I haven't had notifications for this thread either. @TJ09, is this a thread issue? (It's a huge thread...)

Edited by Lagie

fifty-one

I'm having the same problem with the Z Project today -- are you?

1 hour ago, Pilauli said:

I'll let you know when they hatch, Yuki.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I haven't had notifications for this thread either. @TJ09, is this a thread issue? (It's a huge thread...)

I haven't either, all I see is that the last notification I got for this thread is unread.

fifty-seven

Still haven't gotten any for this thread. Getting them for the Million thread, though, so I just come here too whenever I get one of those! XD

Edited by purplehaze