Obscure_Trash

> How high can you count before a mod posts?

Also, I just learned that my computer's new definition of "shut down because I pressed the big button on the case" is "pop up a graphic menu with options for suspend, shut down, and restart".  Not much use if your mouse and keyboard aren't working.  So I have my computer working again, but need to consult with my dad about how to fix this violation of every computer rule I ever learned.  (That is, hardware buttons ought to just do their thing, not make pop-ups.)

Okay, it looks like the problem was that I wasn't holding it down long enough.  I figure I held it down for at least three seconds, which ought to be long enough for any reasonable person, but it apparently needs 5 seconds which feels more like 7.  I tested it and wrote myself a little note for next time it becomes relevant.  And hey, 5x7 = 35!

Edited by Pilauli

Isn't this number significant for some reason?  Like being the answer to why people tell jokes?  Or something?

Edited by Pilauli

31 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

Isn't this number significant for some reason?  Like being the answer to why people tell jokes?  Or something?

It's the answer to life, don't ya know!

It's also why I've popped in to reset the count, and I left my hammer, you're welcome!

Back to zero.

Ah yes! See, you don't need a hammer to reset the count. A gentle touch will do it. :)

one