Gildraug

Demigods and demons OOC

user posted image

The RP itself with more info about it

Please, feel free to join! : D And PM me if there's anything.

Background

What if I told you all the mythologies of this world were true? The Egyptian gods, the Greek gods, the Chinese gods, the Norse gods... all of them, and more, all real and co-existing. Now, these gods sometimes have children with mortals - resulting in demigods, beings that are half-human, half-god. They have some powers of their godly parent and are gifted with excellent battle skills. But to battle against what?

Demons.

Now, since all the gods and goddesses are real, so are the darkest creatures that taint the mythologies. They exist outside our world, in the void beyond, trickling through the fabric between them every now and then. Humans cannot comprehend what they see - the gods protect them using a Screen, a magical barrier set between the demons and humans, twisting the images mortals receive. When demons come into our world, the demigods are sent to battle against them using their powers and specialized weapons.

The demigods attract demons with their godly blood. Therefore, all demigods at the age of thirteen are sent to demigod schools, where they will be taught about their parent, their power, hone their battle skill, and overall, become prepared to face the demons and protect humanity.

Demons, on the other hand, may possess a human body and use it as a vessel. The demons have city-like bubbles of reality in the empty void beyond the fabric of our world, where they train to face the demigods.

This is a battle that has raged on ever since mankind came to be.

Which side are you on?

In this RP, your character is either a demon or a demigod. If you have something else in mind, do not be afraid to contact me c:

Plot

You will start as a demon/demigod entering their school. There, the class guardian (RPd by me) will start leading the class and giving advice. You will live in the school in your own room. Studying will be harsh, with some field-work every now and then. Demons will learn how to move between the worlds and demigods will learn how to identify demons and their level of danger. As your skill increases, the encounters between demons and demigods become more likely and more often - field jobs become harder. Every now and then, a demon succeeds in possessing/inflicting a new human, bringing them back to the void. The demigods are always on the defensive; they can never follow the demons into the void.

The demons are stronger than ever and their masses grow. Will the defense of the demigods fail, or will they prevail?

Edited by Gildraug

Hooray! We have an OOC now! Are we going to pick up the RP where we left off previously, or are we going to restart it with a totally different scenario within the same location?

I'm looking forward to it.

We should probably restart it since we have a bunch of new people and so we can make it a little more smooth.

Yes, I think it's for the best to start from the very beginning.

There's a quite big of an imbalance between the demons and demigods, so there might be a slight time difference between these two parties at some times as the demons might be moving slightly faster as they have less characters.

Yaaas, dorks B3

GRHAGSJFGRURHFHDJFJFJFJFN the iPad deleted my response! GRRRRRR

Oh well. Saving it till later then :/

Yes, I think it's for the best to start from the very beginning.

There's a quite big of an imbalance between the demons and demigods, so there might be a slight time difference between these two parties at some times as the demons might be moving slightly faster as they have less characters.

Yeah, nobody seems to like the demons. I wonder why.

I'll be writing my post as soon as I make time for it (in other words, probably not soon).

@Coryn, no hurries biggrin.gif Everyone is still kinda gathering, but we can't wait for everyone so I'll have to push the RP forwards at some point; not yet, though ;D

Yeah, nobody likes demons >:

So, I know some of you are wondering why we aren't proceeding with the RP.

There are a couple of reasons:

-most of you are having finals/exams/whatnot and I know you won't have time that much and I most certainly do not want to disturb your studies (I myself am on vacation already)

-we are still waiting for a couple of people to come and give their posts; I don't want to force people to post but it's starting to hinder the RP soon - will send PMs today and inquire of their whereabouts

Hopefully we'll be able to continue with a good pace soon :>

Edited by Gildraug

So, I know some of you are wondering why we aren't proceeding with the RP.

There are a couple of reasons:

-most of you are having finals/exams/whatnot and I know you won't have time that much and I most certainly do not want to disturb your studies (I myself am on vacation already)

-we are still waiting for a couple of people to come and give their posts; I don't want to force people to post but it's starting to hinder the RP soon - will send PMs today and inquire of their whereabouts

Hopefully we'll be able to continue with a good pace soon :>

The latter is the case for me; I just had a project in every subject that I had to complete this weekend. To be perfectly honest, I just haven't made the time. I will be getting around to it very soon here, and after the week of the 26th of June I will have tons of time to dedicate to my online activities (at least, until I get a job).

I'm still here and waiting :U School ends sometime this month, so after that, I should have time as long as the move doesn't get in the way

ahhh yeah i'm really sorry!! ;; though i'm still around the forums rn finals are in two weeks so i haven't had the time to sit down and type out a long response ; v ; i'll try to get something up as quickly as i can, though!