Denwayasha

Father's Day organized breeding event

Because there was a Mother's Day event... :3

What is it?

A day where participants celebrate fatherhood and summertime by breeding certain dragons and sending them to the AP for others to enjoy. \(^-^)/

When is it?

Sunday, June 21st from 12:00am-11:59pm Cave time.

What breeds of dragons are included?

The breeds are:

Summer Seasonals* (Because this year Father's Day also falls on the Summer Solstice, and because many people celebrate the day by doing something outside.)

Guardians (Because fathers are typically viewed as protectors and providers, though granted this isn't always the case.)

Carmine Wyverns (Due to their breed description mentioning that dragons of this breed "are very dedicated parents" and red carnations are one symbol of Father's Day.)

Feel free to include other breeds of dragons if you wish, but these three are the main ones. :)

*All Seasonals will produce Summers so it's up to the individual if you'd like to breed all your Seasonals or only Summers.

I might forget...

If you'd like a reminder just post this form:

[size=4][color=blue]Yo! Send me a reminder, please![/color][/size]

Banners!

user posted image

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=168644][img=http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu110/Kyanzi/FDbanner.png][/url]

I made this one real quick in MSPaint so if anyone who is more art-inclined wants to, feel free to make a better one if you'd like. XD

Happy breeding, everyone! :D Bust out the grill or play a round of golf or whatever suits your fancy~
Edited by Denwayasha

I would like to join, too. c: Might I suggest adding Purples to the list, though? Father's Day does 'influence' a lot of people and I think it would be nice to see them about, too. smile.gif

Yo! Send me a reminder, please!

I'll join.

I've got lots of Guardians and could breed some Summers and Carmines, too.

Yo! Send me a reminder, please! wink.gif

Might I suggest adding Purples to the list, though? Father's Day does 'influence' a lot of people and I think it would be nice to see them about, too. :)

I thought about adding Purples and Pinks due to their BSAs, but both of those were used in the Mother's Day event earlier thiis month and I was trying for a bit more variety. :) But if anyone wants to, they can breed whichever kinds of dragons they'd like to in addition to the included breeds.

I thought about adding Purples and Pinks due to their BSAs, but both of those were used in the Mother's Day event earlier thiis month and I was trying for a bit more variety. smile.gif But if anyone wants to, they can breed whichever kinds of dragons they'd like to in addition to the included breeds.

What about magi's instead - 'dads taxi' aka teleport

I found in the Copper's Observations that Coppers are "Very family oriented" and that the fathers will go to great lengths to care for their young so i'd recommend Coppers, too, despite the chance of an egg being quite low.

Oh and almost forgot, Yo! Send me a reminder, please!

I'll try to remember, though I only have a couple pairs of seasonal dragons to contribute eggs from, and no guardians or carmines.

Though...I might breed all my brimstones, embers, and hellfires, in honor of all the fathers in my life (mine and Mr. BD's are long since passed away), because they're all BBQ-ing fiends.

"Men like to barbecue. If it involves fire or danger, men will cook." ~ Rita Rudner

Edited by blackdragon71

Just a reminder, this is three weeks away~ :) There's still time to gather more dragons for the big day! ^-^

Hey all! Today is the 7th, which means that this event is two weeks away! Also, another reminder that any dragons bred after the 14th will be unable to be bred again in time for this event.

Reminders have been sent out to those who asked for them, today's the day! :)

To paraphrase the announcer at a car race: "Breeders! Start your engines!" :D

Just bred all of my CB Spring pairs, and one 3G Summer egg with the CB Winter > 2G Spring lineage. My Carmines are on cooldown!

Phew! Today of all days my computer decided to be laggy as heck, but after 4ish hours I finally got everything bred that I'd wanted to breed.

Now the waiting game begins for everyone's lovelies to hit the AP~ :3

The first batch bred exactly 6 of each breed to the AP. happy.gif (which is 18!) Only two refusals and only about 3 failed attempts. Most of the mates I bred them to were holidays so be on the look out!

Next batch wasn't so good; three were bred out of my non-messy Winters, I ran out of CB holidays to breed from and then I found out all my Autumns are messy so I decided not to breed any of those; the rest were refusals and failed breedings. Overall, 2 Summers, 1 Carmine.

In total, 21 23 eggs!

Edit: So I always manage to mix up Cassares with Carmines. Oh well. I made 2 more Carmines which takes me upto a total of 23. Also be on the look out for those six Cassares which may or may not be from Special mates.

Happy Father's Day!

Edited by lovecats99

Bred 21 pairs of purebred Guardians... 3 refusals, 18 eggs

Bred 4 pairs of purebred Carmine Wyverns... 1 refusal, 3 eggs

Bred 1 pair of purebred Summers... 1 egg

Total... 22 eggs sent to the AP

OK - just bred ALL my summers: all but one egg was EG and one was inbred oops.

1 refusal. 4 no interest, 3 no egg and 30 to the AP.

I have a LOT of seasonals; I may do more later...

And now I've done my Guardians. I ran with proven mates which meant I didn't do PBs - I got 2 no eggs, 13 guardians and 6 whiptails.

And now carmines - 1 no egg, 1 refusal and 5 eggs - some PB, all EG.

If I have time later I will look into my hundred or more other seasonals...

Edited by fuzzbucket

Don't have a lot of any of these dragons but managed to get one Carmine and one Guardian. Hopefully someone picks them up.

Bred my dragons and have gotten only cassares so far. Will update with totals when I am finished. :3

Edit: Got a total of 15 eggs. Oh dear god. I am going to actually cassares now. I bred carmines. I am dumb. And now ten cassares are in the AP.

Edited by Jazeki

Bred my dragons and have gotten only cassares so far. Will update with totals when I am finished. :3

Edit: Got a total of 15 eggs. Oh dear god. I am going to actually cassares now. I bred carmines. I am dumb. And now ten cassares are in the AP.

Bleep so did I ! xd.pngOK - bred the cassares now - 3 PB 2 gens are now in the AP and one refusal.

Oops I can't count. One no interest, one refusal and as well as the 2 gens, two EGs in the AP..

Edited by fuzzbucket

It's okay, as I was writing up the reminders I kept thinking of Cassares instead of Carmines, too. XD I think for me it's because the names are similar, if you sort your scroll by Breed they're right next to each other, and they were part of the same release.

Just to clear things up it is Carmines and not Cassares that were intended to be a part of this event. ^-^