TJ09

2015-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 9th Birthday

Condor, there are a lot more breeds besides those waiting for their encyclopedia entries. I think the answer is "whenever they are written and TJ gets them added". Two months doesn't seem like that long considering.

I think Condor's point about those three specifically is their pictures aren't even in the Encyclopedia, but I think the answer is the same regardless.

I hope they get put in there soon! I can wait for the info, I just want the pictures tongue.gif

Condor, there are a lot more breeds besides those waiting for their encyclopedia entries. I think the answer is "whenever they are written and TJ gets them added". Two months doesn't seem like that long considering.

I remember that one of the artists (forgot which release) mentioned that they'd already written the encyclopedia entry, but I guess TJ still hasn't added it in yet.

I remember that one of the artists (forgot which release) mentioned that they'd already written the encyclopedia entry, but I guess TJ still hasn't added it in yet.

Lol, guess he's putting his energy and 'spare time' ( xd.png ) into things like Releases - priorities, always priorities! laugh.gif

Wowie wow wow! I think all these guys are super cool. My favorites are of course the Magelights, though! I can't love their concept enough! They'd make perfect little pairs with my beloved Dark Mysts. happy.gif

Thank you so much to the awesome artists!

Magelights are going into my very tip top favorites!

Edited by Loki.Dottir

Honestly these are wonderful dragons. I adore the red on the hooktalons and I love how the adult female magelight has her tongue sticking out almost like a wittle puppy. <3

The drakes are sort of eh for me but I think that's just because of it's markings. I don't really like the way they look for some reason.

Anyways thank you mari, odeen and jotb for another wonderful release <3 y'all are baes

I'm calling the Jackie dragons, cause they'd make great Jack-o-lantern lights. tongue.gif

Oh my glob, that is SO ADORABLE. =D

EEK! :D These adults are all stunning! <3 The Greater Spotted Drakes are lovely and a nice change from some of the 'fancier' breeds we've been getting (a shame they can't be bred with Spotted Greenwings and Mints, tho. ;A;) and I think they're adorable and want to hug them~ The Hooktalons just scream FIERCE! and (like a lot of others have said) I want to breed them with Gilded Bloodscales in a 'brains vs. brawn' thing. Because in an RP sense just imagine that the Bloodscale has just finished organizing the lair only for their Hooktalon mate to drag in a muddy, gory, freshly caught kill. XD I think the Magelights are my favorite of the three though, that purple flame is absolutely gorgeous!~ *w* (Though it does bug me just a tiny bit that their sprites are bigger than the other Pygmies' besides Pumpkins, but I'll get used to it.)

My hatchies have all gendered and I find it appropriate that both of my Hooktalons went female. lol Now to think of names... ^-^

ETA: Forgot to say thank you again to all the spriters/artists/conceptors for these wonderful new additions to the Cave! :D

Edited by Denwayasha

Someone abandoned a Greater Spotted Drake egg. I clicked on it and *thought* I was way too slow, but I got it! After a lot of pondering I think those are my favorite out of the adults. My favorite hatchlings are the Magelights.

THANK YOU to all artists in this new release!! They are all glorious.

If anyone has come across the dead egg sprites for any of these new dragons, the Wiki needs some help collecting these for the release news page smile.gif

A big thank you to the spriters involved in the release of these new dragons! My special thanks to Marri for the new Pygmy, my personal favourite type of dragon biggrin.gif

Ehehe, thanks to Marri, I've now started working on a Pygmy breed. tongue.gif (okay, I've had this breed in the works for months, but now I'm working on actually designing it. tongue.gif)

Ehehe, thanks to Marri, I've now started working on a Pygmy breed. tongue.gif (okay, I've had this breed in the works for months, but now I'm working on actually designing it. tongue.gif)

If it's a Holiday concept, you might want to keep it secret.

EDIT: Well then that's awesome, best of luck to you!

Edited by The_Bucket

If it's a Holiday concept, you might want to keep it secret.

It's not. smile.gif

Thanks! :3

Edited by shadowfighter

The adults of these are pretty okay, but the best thing to come out of this release is still the s2 Magelights.

The only reason I haven't already frozen mine is so I can breed them and freeze ALL their offspring.

My hatchlings have all gendered, boo-yah! I am SO excited to breed a G2 Magelight so I can do my Magelight x Pumpkin megachecker. biggrin.gif Also glad to hear that my preferred pairings for them are shared by many so it should be easy for us all to find bloodstock for these pairings.

Great new dragons! Thank you TJ. Happy 9th Birthday to Dragon Cave. Wow! That's a wonderfully long time.

Mnnn I agree that it'd be nice to see new spriters in the cave

That being said, I love the two headed dragons and the pygmies

But I will admit to not really being that fond of the drakes. I"ll get my CB pair, but I don't think I'll collect anymore. The pose does come off as awkward, as if it's going to fall over at any moment, and I agree that the pose does make the wings look far too small to make it capable of flight

but the two heads are gorgeous and I shall need to get some more of those!

Had a couple of eggs hatch and picked up a couple more of the Drakes - lovely that the eggs are so easy to grab when I'm half asleep sitting up! smile.gif

How many diff eggs are being dropped? I have seven eggs, 2 ea of 3 and 1 of another??? I don't recall seeing any of them before... huh.gif

Three different kinds. One in Alpine, one in Desert, and one in Forest. You don't recall seeing them before because they are brand new. smile.gif Did you not read the first page of this thread? They came out for DC's 9th birthday. The other one you have that isn't new for the 9th birthday is the previous new release, the Anagallis Dragon. It's the newest one before this release.

Edited by Lurhstaap

How many diff eggs are being dropped?  I have seven eggs, 2 ea of 3 and 1 of another???  I don't recall seeing any of them before... huh.gif

In that case, you have them covered!

The dragons are, as usual, in TJ's OP. smile.gif

Edit: Lurhstaap is faster - and considerably more helpful - than a speeding bullet. ninja.gif ed !!!

Edited by Syphoneira

So all I need is one more egg and I will have 2ea or 4 diff types?

I'm an old guy and it's late and I'm not seeing clearly, lol

----------------------------------

OK, I got it, I think...

Edited by Husky51

Happy belated birthday DC! My favorite one from this release has to be the Magelights, the Hooktalons are my second favorite ones, can't wait for mine to gender. Thank you TJ and spriters for another release and I hope DC has many more birthdays.

So all I need is one more egg and I will have 2ea or 4 diff types?

I'm an old guy and it's late and I'm not seeing clearly, lol

----------------------------------

OK, I got it, I think...

I just happened to glance at the thread first! smile.gif Heh!

And yes, just one more egg of the Anagallis and you'd have two each. The Anagallis are easiest to find in the Desert but also drop in the Forest and Jungle. They seem pretty uncommon in the Jungle though and so-so in the Forest, but are usually pretty easy to get from the Desert (except that the new release eggs are dropping pretty thickly right now so it might take longer than usual to find anything else). The Anagallis egg is the green one with red, blue, and yellow curls on it.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Okay, I may be biased, but the Hooktalons are fantastic. Sometimes it just amazes me how much detail a sprite artist can fit into such a tiny space.