TJ09

2015-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 9th Birthday

I thought it was a wyvern when I first saw the S2s (I forgot to check the OP for the S1s, oops.) but I wasn't sure if they're really wyverns or if the position of the wings is just hiding the front feet but yes purple is <3 (so no fighting you, there) and I hope there's moar fiyah shown on the adults. :3 Sorting between Da- and Mi- I'm guessing the breed name is either Flame/Flare something or maybe Fae/Fairy something? So far I'm thinking they'll look best with Misfits or Seawyrms. :)

ETA: Also, if past releases are anything to go by there probably might be dimorphism with these guys because TJ has three of them in the OP. iirc, previously it's been 2 of a breed=no dimorphism, 3=dimorphism as adults, and 4=dimorphism as hatchlings and adults.

user posted image

I figure since the wings are exactly where the front legs are, and that if they were western the wings would be placed in a way that still showed the front legs, they are indeed a wyvern.

Because if, somehow theyre not, and theyre yet another western pygmy, i will be filling marri's grave with my tears c: however i highly doubt this is the case so until tomorrow and a half -clings to new pygmy babs-

Nope. =_= Part of the reason I don't bother with trades anymore is because of people like that. I once had to deal with someone who wanted Springs, even though it was October.

Oh, guys. Don't be mean.

I talked to that person before and they were just confused about timezones, so they mistook the birthday's actual date u.u

Omgosh that is quite hilarious. I've seen trade posts were people are asking for CB Alt Blacks/Soulpeaces. I didn't even bother to take the time to tell them that they don't really exist like that lol

WOW so...drake, pygmy, & two-headed? DC birthday releases are always the coolest. 'Bout time we got something more to work with regarding those species. ^^ The pygmy one is the most interesting to me 'cause purple fire = awesome.

edit wowidkhow2type

Would just like to mention that new people can't be expected to know such things. smile.gif

Probably better to explain so they know. tongue.gif

Also - my eggz haz HOLES! I iz happy!

The holing appears to be a bit different on the sharpies, doesn't it?

Or is that just me imagining things?

Seriously hope that they keep that lovely red and am curious as all heck about the (postulated) Drakes, which are also highly intrigulating.

Easiest drop ever! smile.gif Six eggs from three biomes on one single five-minute drop!

Thanks, TJ, for bringing us DC and all the spriters who have created our lovely dragons!

Happy belated birthday, DC!

*leaves brownie cake*

I just found out about the new eggs, too. It took me more than one drop, but it was less than 15 minutes before I was able to get 2 of each, and a delicately patterned mis-click.

Thanks to Odeen, JOTB, and Marrionetta for the new dragons.

Would just like to mention that new people can't be expected to know such things. smile.gif

Probably better to explain so they know. tongue.gif

Also - my eggz haz HOLES! I iz happy!

The holing appears to be a bit different on the sharpies, doesn't it?

Or is that just me imagining things?

Seriously hope that they keep that lovely red and am curious as all heck about the (postulated) Drakes, which are also highly intrigulating.

Well, I know what I'm calling the two-heads.

So the usual eggs have mixed in, now. Oh well. I got what I needed. biggrin.gif

Dangit, the flood ended right before I could go in and grab additional pairs.

Q: Anyone caught them post-flood yet? Are they mixed in normally (aka commons)?

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

So the usual eggs have mixed in, now. Oh well. I got what I needed. biggrin.gif

Sadly, I have NONE of these, I must have just missed it because not a single one has dropped that I've seen.

Edit: I got ONE egg and a chicken, after an hour of trying.

Edited by BaronIveagh

Sadly, I have NONE of these, I must have just missed it because not a single one has dropped that I've seen.

Drat, I'll never get pairs if it's like that, lol.

Unless this is another glitch, where they WOULD/SHOULD be still showing fairly often?

huh.gif I agree with those who have said about newbies needing a little help. I am new and I am researching but I am still very lost. I see so many pretties but have figured out some you can only get certain times of the year, some are specials and some you can't get at all. I am still veeery lost on certain things though. Like trying to learn what breed create new breeds. How to get different color variants. What forum to go to that helps me get these answers. Sighs ..... I have only been here a couple of months but it takes time to learn. unsure.gif

I am loving the new eggs. I have seen them dropping now that the main rush on them is over. It seems to be regular dropping every so often.

I've seen quite a few of the pygmies and drakes, but so far the two headeds seem either more popular or harder to find. o.o

I just sat in the biomes for a few minutes and saw four alpine ones at the xx:40 drop. There were 17 people in there as well.

It looks like there are very few people hunting now, but that may change after the first batch hatches.

I haven't seen a single new release since they mixed in with the other eggs...

Edit: Scratch that. Just found a Pygmy. smile.gif

Edited by The Flash

So what is the name of the breeds?

I don't think the official names have been released yet.

huh.gif I agree with those who have said about newbies needing a little help. I am new and I am researching but I am still very lost. I see so many pretties but have figured out some you can only get certain times of the year, some are specials and some you can't get at all. I am still veeery lost on certain things though. Like trying to learn what breed create new breeds. How to get different color variants. What forum to go to that helps me get these answers. Sighs ..... I have only been here a couple of months but it takes time to learn.  unsure.gif 

I am loving the new eggs. I have seen them dropping now that the main rush on them is over. It seems to be regular dropping every so often.

You can apply here for a mentor, for a steady supply of DC info:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=57591 smile.gif

I am SO hoping that this is just another glitch to be corrected, as occurred following another recent Release, and that these dragons will Drop at a rate where people can still get them, at least for a while...

Re-edit: they usually used to Drop fairly heavily after Release and gradually diminish as the ratios were filled and the times I've looked, (still locked for a while,) I haven't seen any of any...

Edited by Syphoneira

I don't think the official names have been released yet.

The breed names have yet to be released, when TJ's dragons grow up in a little over 24 hours, we will see. smile.gif

How do people even go about "reserving" names on here? It's kind of a drag for that who also have the same idea, but they can't have the name. Is it whoever names their hatchling first or what?

How do people even go about "reserving" names on here? It's kind of a drag for that who also have the same idea, but they can't have the name. Is it whoever names their hatchling first or what?

You just put the desired name on any of your dragons, so nobody else can take it. When you get the dragon you want to have that name, you just un name the "holder" dragon and name your new one ^^ If you want to have that name you could put some kind of logo/brand/nickname next or in front of it or something smile.gif

The way people reserve names is to name something else that name, like a very common hatchling dragon that they won't mind re-naming later.

Then, when they want to use that name on a special dragon, you name the special dragon something really close to that name then change the common dragon's name, and then change the special dragon's name (this gives very little time for someone else to think of or use that name). It's easier when you open 2 tabs, one for each dragon. Sometimes it takes a second or two for the name change to "take" but if it isn't taken in that amount of time, it's yours for the intended dragon.

You can always misspell or adjust the spelling (we allow misspelled names) to make it work. Some people add prefixes or suffixes or scroll initials, things like that, to make the name work for them. Miss Dragon'sName III (example)

Names can only contain up to 32 alphanumeric characters (English letters and numbers), as well as " " (space), "'" (apostrophe), or "-" (dash). Spaces and special characters cannot be used as the first or last character of a name.