HeroH

Siblings

My sister just joined the site! (PS mods, that's where the new user with my same IP address is coming from ^^) So I wanna hear about your siblings biggrin.gif Tell me anything! Funny stories? The best!

Mods, feel free to move this post. I'm still new and learning how things work biggrin.gif

Did a back-up search to make sure, and found nothing biggrin.gif

Anyways, I have one 16-year old sis.

My sister is 13 years younger than me and can be a pain in the butt a lot.

But I love her.

. . . I can't believe we don't have a siblings thread. =0

I have one sister who is four years younger than me. We used to fight like cats and dogs. Then when she was ~16ish and we had a family trip, she'd matured a lot, we became a lot less annoying to each other and we stopped picking fights, and it was a sign to me that we could get along just fine. We've been best friends since then. Me starting college was really hard on her since she was alone at home for the first time and her and our parents didn't have the best relationship through those hard tween/teen years. With her starting college (she just finished her first year), their relationship got a lot better (thank goodness), but we still miss each other of course. This year since I'm out of state for grad school, we've tried to video chat every other weekend or so. Unless she gets a job and can't, after I'm done TA'ing field camp, she's going to come visit me for a while. =D I didn't get to go back for spring break, so the last time I saw her was over Christmas. </3

It's a semi-joke/semi-plan with us that once we're both done with school and 'settle' down somewhere for a job, we'll live very close to each other. =3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I have no siblings. I'm very close to some of my younger cousins though, we grew up together and used to call each other by sibling titles. Now we just use each others names when speaking english, but when we speak chinese they still call me 'big sister'.

I have one sister who is four years younger than me. We used to fight like cats and dogs. Then when she was ~16ish and we had a family trip, she'd matured a lot, we became a lot less annoying to each other and we stopped picking fights, and it was a sign to me that we could get along just fine. We've been best friends since then. Me starting college was really hard on her since she was alone at home for the first time and her and our parents didn't have the best relationship through those hard tween/teen years. With her starting college (she just finished her first year), their relationship got a lot better (thank goodness), but we still miss each other of course. This year since I'm out of state for grad school, we've tried to video chat every other weekend or so. Unless she gets a job and can't, after I'm done TA'ing field camp, she's going to come visit me for a while. =D I didn't get to go back for spring break, so the last time I saw her was over Christmas. </3

It's a semi-joke/semi-plan with us that once we're both done with school and 'settle' down somewhere for a job, we'll live very close to each other. =3

I also have a sister 4 years younger than me and I hope our relationship will turn out like this. She's in the tween/teen phase of hating everyone and everything :/ I remember being her age and I'm glad that I made it through to the other side, so I'm hoping that she turns out alright and can return to being the loving, eccentric, odd little thing she used to be.

I also have a brother, 2 years younger than me, and we have a nice system in place - we both generally stay out of the other person's way, since we are drastically different people, but when we do interact, we get along fine.

I have a younger sister. She was always a momma's girl and could do no wrong, while I was a daddy's girl. She was a spoiled brat I'd like to say, whatever she wanted she got, while I had to beg and plead for things rolleyes.gif.

We used to get into fights all the time when we were younger, and we still get into fights now but not as intense xd.png. She can be annoying and a bit of a brat even now, but she's still my sister.

I have one brother, 8 years younger than I. Oddly enough, we've always gotten along mostly well (some differing opinions left aside). Perhaps it is due to the age difference being great enough for us not to be rivals.

I have two younger sisters and get along with both quite well. They used to argue a lot but I think they get along better with each other since the older went to uni and they're not in each others' space all the time happy.gif

-Cracks her knuckles- Forgive me as this will probably be long, but hopefully worth the read.

I have a single sibling, a sister that is 16 months and 2 days older than me. We actually celebrated her 27th birthday last weekend. When my sister and I were very little people mistook us for twins so my mom took great pleasure in dressing us up in matching clothes, though while our outfits were the same they were never the same color. As we grew older I tended to do things that annoyed and angered her, like when I messed up her collectable Around the World Barbies because I had no concept of what collectable meant. It wasn't until we hit our late teens early twenties we began to get along again.

She's moved out and now lives with her boyfriend so I don't get to see her nearly as often as I used to, but we get along pretty well now. One thing I think is funny is that, since she knows I really like foxes, she has been buying fox related things whenever she happens to come across them. She's going to keep doing this and then on my birthday give me either a lot or all of them (she may save some for Christmas). According to her boyfriend there is already a lot of stuff. She is a really good sister, as I recall when we took a cruise to Cozumel Mexico. I got extremely drunk after drinking two very tall mixed drinks and several tequila shooters. I couldn't even stand and I felt like I was about to toss up all my internal organs. Even though she had also been drinking she helped me walk to the bathroom, and then ordered some quesadillas for me. I didn't throw up, but as I was sitting as a table and eating my sister turned and threw up discretely. The only person that saw her do it was the waiter.

I would also like to talk about my mom and her older sister Donna. My mom has three sisters in total, two older and one younger. For the most part my mom and all her sisters were friends and got along, but my mom and my Aunt Donna have always been like best friends. Donna is the second oldest, so my mom came after her. Even after my mom and dad moved from New York to Texas they stayed in touch and we would always go and visit them. Plus we saw them at the family reunion each year. After my dad passed away and my mom found out her job was being moved and she was essentially losing it, she decided to move the three of us (mom, sister, and I) to South Carolina so that we were close to Aunt Donna. They talk every day, see each other a few times a week, it's great to see them so close and really enjoying each other's company. Aunt Donna was actually our fourth on the cruise, she shared a room with my mom while I shared a room with my sister.

I would also like to add that my life time struggle with mental disorders inspired my sister to choose to major in Psychology. She prefers to do labs rather than actually deal with people though.

Edited by Cecona

I have six younger siblings, five brothers and a stepsister, with the oldest being five years younger than me

Three of my brothers are my mom's kids and my stepsister is my stepdad's kid so they live over there, and the other two brothers are my dad's and so they live there so I don't see all of them at once really but it's still a lot c':

I have four younger siblings, 13, 11, and 8. The 8 year olds are twin boys, and the 13 and 11 year olds are girls. (Who both have profiles and accounts here, just so the mods know.) I'm the oldest, coming in at 15. Most of our funny stories are really only funny in our family because of the circumstances and inside jokes we have...

While I am an only child, I have A LOT of foster siblings that I definitely consider my family. My mom is a very amazing woman to take in these wonderful kids whom I have grown to love over the years. I've introduced them (the older ones anyways) to Dragon Cave and they more or less love it!

I've always wondered if I'd get banned for "multi-scrolling," even though they are my siblings' accounts. While most people have one or two people from a household join, I have several. I have a unique situation with my foster siblings. I think TJ should come up with a system somehow that proves we actually have other people in the house playing DC and that it's not just one person with many, many scrolls. No idea how that would work, but it would decrease my paranoia a bit.

It is every younger sibling's sacred duty to keep their elder brothers or sisters from getting too sane. I'm pleased to say my two younger brothers have done admirably on this job.

Never had any sisters though. I sometimes wonder what it would have been like.

I have an older brother and a sister almost 1 year younger than me.

Pfft, am I your incarnate, Sock? Cus that sounds like my sis and I very much tongue.gif Well, without the maturing part and the "stopping fighting" part xd.png She's 16, so that might be soon? I dunno xDDD

I have a little sis, she's 5 years younger with me, ans soooo much more mature. At least it feels that way. She's basically who I wish I was. Active, social, chatty, good-looking, has thousands of friends, loves studying, basically everything she turns her nose against turns to gold.

We used to fight a lot, not in the last 10 years though. Guess we both have matured tongue.gif

I have a brother who is 2 and a half years older. We didn't get along much when we were younger, but now that we're in our 20s we're a lot better (maybe because we aren't constantly up in each other's business??)

I have a brother who is 2 and a half years older. We didn't get along much when we were younger, but now that we're in our 20s we're a lot better (maybe because we aren't constantly up in each other's business??)

Me, too! My brother and I fought quite a bit when we were very young, but we get on much better now; even as teens we were good friends. We have a lot of shared interests, which I think helps, and we're (usually) both mature enough to ignore it if the other's being annoying tongue.gif

I know I already posted but I just wanted to add my sister is letting me watch Once Upon a Time on her Netflix account, she's pretty awesome