Odeen

American Pharoah WINS the Triple Crown!

Almost time...fingers crossed!

Beautiful run. Amazing horse. I think I shed a few tears.

Edited by ainisarie

The best horse won.

They didn't over race him. Congratz!!

Haha, I wondered how many were going to post it in here. I had a feeling he'd win it, but I didn't think he'd go virtually unchallenged. I thought Frosted or that other one that finished 6th in the K.D. would give him a harder run for his money.

Still, it was a great race and I look forward to reading the headlines tomorrow. smile.gif

I wonder if he'll get his own movie like Hildalgo or Seabiscuit?

Edited by Syiren

Marrionetta and I had the privilege to watch it together with my parents. I am still shaking. GO PHAROAH!

Haha, I wondered how many were going to post it in here. I had a feeling he'd win it, but I didn't think he'd go virtually unchallenged. I thought Frosted or that other one that finished 6th in the K.D. would give him a harder run for his money.

Still, it was a great race and I look forward to reading the headlines tomorrow. smile.gif

I wonder if he'll get his own movie like Hildalgo or Seabiscuit?

I don't think this horse was really challenged at all in this race.

Now the question is , was he that good or the other horses that ordinary?

I believe it was a combo of the two.

I think he was that good, personally. The fact that it's been so long since the last Triple Crown winner shows what a feat he's accomplished. I was so excited all through the race, I'm glad the Triple Crown drought's done.

Syiren, don't forget Secretariat's movie. smile.gif

I think he was that good, personally. The fact that it's been so long since the last Triple Crown winner shows what a feat he's accomplished. I was so excited all through the race, I'm glad the Triple Crown drought's done.

Syiren, don't forget Secretariat's movie. smile.gif

I agree. I mean, it showed how good he was in the previous two races, one of which he won in the pouring rain and slick mud. I wasn't even born yet when the last horse took the Triple Crown title. It's nice to see a horse win it. smile.gif

I haven't seen that one. I'll have to look it up. ^^

There has been a lot of talk leading up about the depth of talent in the field. Materiality was very well spoken for and has put in great races, Frosted is a strong closer, etc. I won't be surprised if people begin trying to CLAIM that he faced a talentless field now that he's won, but the fact is he's the best colt of his crop and has fairly earned the right to be immortalized among the other triple crown winners - and he did it without even breaking a sweat.

user posted image

I am SOOOOO happy he won! Tip of the hat to Victor (the jockey); he really deserved it after what happened last year with California Chrome!

His time was the 6th best since the Belmont has been at its current length. The only triple crown winner with a faster time...Secretariat.

WHOOP!! WTG Pharoah!!

I missed all the races this year, since the bandwidth on my computer is being eaten by unknown sources, and I really wish I could have seen them. Any video streaming is out. dry.gif I'd so hoped California Chrome was going to win last year, and to miss a Triple Crown this year - AAAARRRRHHHHGGGG!

I did get to see Secretariat's races though, and he was truly amazing! Watched Affirmed and Seattle Slew makes their wins, too, but, still...smile.gif

Congrats to the Pharoah! biggrin.gif

WOOP WOOP WOOP! Hurrah Pharoah! I'm so happy he won!!! I was worried about a couple and about his being untested at that length, but he pulled it off with aplomb!

About the time that he started to open his lead is when I expected that he would have begin to falter. Nice run, AP, and thanks for letting me see a Triple Crown Champion! biggrin.gif

I was pretty tickled to see Frosted place. smile.gif I didn't want him to win, just because I wanted AP to break the TC dry spell, but I always root for the greys. xd.png

I was pretty tickled to see Frosted place. smile.gif I didn't want him to win, just because I wanted AP to break the TC dry spell, but I always root for the greys. xd.png

Frosted is such a beautiful horse. wub.gif She was very well named. Her markings look like she had just run through a snowstorm.

Frosted is such a beautiful horse. wub.gif She was very well named. Her markings look like she had just run through a snowstorm.

Frosted's a colt, but yeah I like me a nice grey horse. He'll be lovely when he's fully greyed out.