RWyvern

1x1 RWyvern and Fata!

im laughing over how we have so much planned for this roleplay behind the scenes and everyone who reads this has no idea what we plan to do =DD

My reply to the pm might be a little slow but I'll send one before I go to sleep to tonight~~

Rethete placed a claw over a spine, placing tension on it, then seized it firmly at the base and broke it off. Placing the needles on the sand, he carefully, slowly, purposefully began bending it until it eventually snapped.

"As a last resort," he concluded. "These needles are used for extremely fine work, usually pushing tissue out of the way and temporarily holding the sides of large wounds while I stitch. In case what I have on hand isn't enough for this war, better to have a lesser substitute than no substitute at all. Ah, where are they..." He reached down and picked his needles back up, replacing them back into their pocket and began going over the cactus. "Three, three, three..." Muttering to himself as he selected each spine around the plant's midsection.

~

"Idle talk isn't key, clear instructions and understanding of those given is key," Gowdali corrected. His tail also whisked, dragging across the sand. "It's not that hard, no. What emotions I need to let out are let out during training, behind others' backs. Effective and doesn't get in the way of work."

A slight smile edged its way onto his face. "That's a reason I never lose focus of my goals. Anything and everything can and will go awry." He glanced back at Senta - investigating a desert plant with that gemshard some way off. Ah, they weren't getting lost.

"Around the edge of Altea," he said. "Pretty much right into the military."

same omg i'm many excites

eyy ahh i saw your pm!! i'll go reply after this : ^ )

Senta watched as the gemshard worked, marveling at how delicately he handled the the catcus spines, never once slipping in his routine as he continued to break off the spines, all the while explaining his intentions. The tinsel nodded in response--of course, in times of war such as these, it was better to be prepared than not. He kept a careful eye on the travelling group, making sure they were still within eyesight, and listened to Rethete murmuring to himself as he worked. It was calming, in a way, to forget the world's problems for a while.

~

"Keeping morale up is also key," Seiren returned, smirking slightly. "An army's no good if everyone has already given up before they even fight." She stomped on the sand, shaking her claws free of any debris that might have slipped inbetween the cracks. "Doesn't that get in the way of life, though?" she questioned innocently, wondering if she could somehow corner him. "How do you expect to balance work and pleasure when your emotions are always hidden?"

At his words, she shook her head. "Aren't you a ball of sunshine," she returned, following his glance to see that the newcomers were currently inspecting . . . a catcus?

Huh. Well. Seiren blinked, wondering what that was about, but the heartstealer pushed the event to the back of her mind for later investigation. "Ah," she replied, "so you're the perfect example of a soldier. How noble. Ever think of doing anything else?"

eeeeeey I've been busy all day

also discovered a Smash Bros group based near us and I'm in two minds as to whether or not I want to mingle with them. On one hand - I do, I want to improve and all that, but on the other... I might be so bad in comparison and that's just awkward ;;

"Okay, that should be enough." Rethete had by now collected a couple dozen and began searching for a free space in his coat. "Hmmm... ah." Apparently having found a free pocket, he stowed the spines away and looked over to check how far off the rest of the group was.

"Better catch up," he pointed out, beginning his walk with a hop akin to a ferret's.

"Senta, if I may ask... how old are you even?"

~

Gowdali tilted his head in an 'I don't really know' kind of way. "If I ever retire from active duty, I'll probably go into training new recruits." He glanced at the pattern of stars smothering the night sky, though only to get an idea as to where they were. "For the last few years I have been doing just that, and with fairly notable individuals as well... I assisted Marth a few years back, and some months ago Ceada herself approached me to begin training her child when he reach-" Too much information? "...reached seven years of age." he decided to finish.

same omg work why

i dont work much next week bLESS

omg yOO nice do the thing!!! no worries about being bad--the most you can do is improve, right? and i'm sure you're not as bad as you think you are ; v ; do it!!

Senta watched as Rethete bounded off, the tinsel following with naturally heavier footsteps. As they padded across the sand, the tinsel felt small grains slide between his paws, and he winced--sand being lodged in his scales was just annoying, and he hoped that certainly that wasn't the case.

The tinsel froze when the gemshard asked him a question--what?

"How old . . . ?" he echoed uncertainly, pausing. Well . . . there was no harm in answering such an innocent question like that, right? And he certainly did want Rethete to trust him . . .

"Seven and ten," he replied, hesitating slightly at the mention of his age. He certainly didn't feel seventeenth, what with all the events that have occurred thus far in his life . . .

"And you?" he asked in return, feeling it was only polite to do so.

~

Seiren snorted. "So noble," she drawled. "Even in retirement." At the mention of Ceada's son, the heartstealer suddenly perked--oh?

"She has a son?" the heartstealer asked. "Is he of Marth's blood?" the heartstealer paused--too suspicious? "I feel horrible for the young child, then--" Laughing, she whisked her tail. "To grow up around such serious individuals! Someone should teach him to have fun."

A pause.

"Did you ever think . . . of having children?" Was that . . . too personal?

"Of course, that would be impossible with the war," the heartstealer brushed off her earlier question with a nervous laugh. "Makes me wonder what life would be like if not for our time."

You'd still be a dirty thief anyways.

yass little work is good

I have a friend who's also interested in going with me so I guess well see how it goes /v\ I wanna make a bit of a name for myself using charizard. I don't even use top tiers - they'll all low and middle, charizard, bowser, roy and marth. Kinda scared about the inevitable top tiers I'll need to deal with... D:

"Two tens and four," Retete promptly replied. "Twenty four. I've got to say, your age puts your performance out on the battlefield in a whole new light. Few so young have that skill... you must have had good trainers." He halted in his tracks, lowering his nose to the ground and staring intensely at something - what looked like something unusual was just a twig and he flicked it away. "Your parents must be proud."

~

"That's kind of obvious," Gowdali smirked. Ah, he should give Seiren a break... she was new after all... dumb questions were rather a given. Patiently, he listened to her laugh. "He's the only other living descendant of Anri presently. And thus one of only two individuals capable of wielding the Falchion. That said, if you're so concerned... Caeda is spared numerous duties to pay attention to him and bring him up like a normal child, and he will not be informed of his vital role until he is old enough to understand."

Immediately, inwardly, he swore. That was too much information. He wasn't continuing that discussion. Thankfully, Seiren had at least diverted the subject enough.

He stopped walking and shrugged. "Even if I had, life hasn't presented opportunities. I walk my own path alone." He blinked, gazing into the distance. "I often wonder that. But I'm sure everyone does."

yoo yasysa

im crying so mcuh tho i'm so deep in summer school hell ughughg sorry for late reponses : ' D

omg yoo that's super cool!! please do the thing having a friend with you is always nice tbh

omg nice nice charizard is rad <33

eeep i can imagine ;; best of luck tho!! im sure you'll do great hella

Senta laughed lightly, ignoring the dark implications that lay behind Rethete's words. "The best," he replied, thinking of his childhood. "I owe my expertise to my tutors." And my life.

At the mention of his parents, the silver tinsel stopped abruptly. Momentarily distracted, he shook his head and gave a look that signaled apology to the one walking with him.

"I hope they are," he replied, staring straight ahead.

~

Ah. So the child of Marth and Caeda . . . the young prince, a shining hope for the future. And now . . .

So he was being raised as normally as they could manage?

"How foolish," she replied to Gowdali's words, momentarily caught up in her own bitterness. "Shielding the child from all that is wrong in the world . . . will only make it harder for him when he has to come to terms with what kind of place we live in." The heartstealer watched the horizon, the dark sky disappear into the gigantic sand domes. "Why don't they just tell him now?" A pause. "It would spare him a lot of anguish in the future. I feel sorry for all of you nobleborn pricks--there's always so many honeyed lies and false promises to be made. Wouldn't be easier if we just spoke the truth and nothing else?"

You're a hypocrite.

She nodded at his words, brushing away the heavy subject with a laugh. "Well, you're lucky, then--children are a pain to deal with. I've always found them bothersome--but I suppose others will argue otherwise." It's hard to love when you've never been shown love yourself, isn't it? "Isn't it lonely, to always depend on yourself and no one else? It's not weakness to lighten your burden."

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

how many times must I tell you to not apologise for being slow :''D

charizard is the most rad

also ill get typing up my new character sheet

Silence fell, broken only by a steady, cold breeze that blew a fine layer of dust and sand across the ground. Senta really didn't seem comfortable talking about anything close to personal life. Yeah... Rethete could respect that. It was all just about learning the boundaries.

"How's that cut feeling?" Rethete piped up, trying to steal a glance at it. It didn't look like it was bleeding much now if at all, thank goodness. He knew what to do with bleeding, including cut arteries, but they were always awfully bad.

~

Gowdali bit his tongue. Seiren's words were rough. He didn't take them personally - but it did feel like they were aimed at a friend.

Still, he wasn't saying anything pertaining to that discussion.

"Sometimes it's lonely,' he admitted. 'But it's not weakness to increase your burden either." Theoretically, at least. "Marth's been struggling with numerous issues for some time now, and I've taken on some of his duties because of that. Not many at all and they're all quite small. I even had to pressure him to give them up." The seragamma tilted his head to 'look' at Seiren with his blind eye. "I'd rather increase my burden than let his drag him down."

omg im cry gomen i apologise so much like ?? wtf

omg thankthank tho <333

charizard is so rad like omg clutches heart i can't

omg YOO okok i'm excited <33

He appreciated the fact Rethete seemed to acknowledge he didn't want to talk about his past, yet Senta was also filled with sorrow at the fact he couldn't tell the gemshard exactly of his origins. He now trusted the sapphire dragon with his life, yet he knew that his story would only cause calamity within their ranks. For the better of everyone . . . it was best he remained a mystery.

After all, he doesn't belong in this time. And . . . looking around, at Marth's back silhouetted against the midnight, Gowdali and Seiren's forms moving swiftly across the sand, and Rethete at his side . . .

Something inside his heart hurts in a way he's too familiar with by now.

~

Seiren grew quiet as she met gazes with the seragamma's single eye--though he could not see from that eye, there was a certain feeling that the seragamma knew just as well what was going on.

"You're so loyal," she finally said, a certain something behind her words before she brushed it away with a smile, slipping her mask of smiles and pleasure back onto her face. "Again, how noble. I can only imagine what you must be like around the young--instilling good values and all that." She laughed, thinking back. "Are you sure you didn't teach Senta?" A nod of acknowledgement at the younger tinsel still a ways back. "He has the same brooding, the-world-is-horrible air about him."

aaaaaAAAAAAAAA have you seen that skeleton thus far y'know the 3d sculpted one??? It's looking so amazing!

Shortish post this time oops

Gowdali nodded with an amused expression. "I haven't. Only known him for as long as he's been in this small group - less than an hour." He craned his head to catch sight of the tinsel. "HEY. STICK CLOSER."

"Having a similar way of thinking does not equate to 'know each other'," he pointed out. "Though undoubtedly personalities can be influenced by those around you. Or you can just decide to adopt one and call it a day." He shrugged and paused for a second to scratch out a small stone caught in a fresh cut on his arm. "So... Seiren... Where are you from?"

OMG PFPFTTT i just realised i forgot to answer rethete's question i knew i was missing something omg i'm sorry : ' D lets just say senta was way too caught up angsting about his life

omg YESSS i saw it in your art thread it looks just wonderful!!! i'm so excited omg it's so beautiful ; u ;

omg yooo no worries <33

Senta craned his head at the gemshard's words--oh! He'd almost forgotten about the cut by now--the pain had dulled to a throbbing he hardly felt as they walked, and since the peaceful atmosphere meant they could walk at a somewhat leisurely pace, the silver tinsel had pushed his injury to the back of his mind in favour of other things.

"Pretty good," he replied, slightly embarrassed that it had taken him so long to reply to the gemshard's question. "And you? You weren't injured, were you?" Suddenly concerned, the tinsel cast a sweeping glance over Rethete to make sure his friend was alright.

At Gowdali's sudden booming voice, the tinsel snapped to attention. Memories of being young suddenly surfaced, of holding a certain someone up to high regard . . .

He quickened his pace, knowing that it the seragamma was right. After all, wasn't he always?

~

"Then I suppose you two just got lucky," Seiren replies. "And the rest of us have just a tinge of bad luck." She watched, amused, as the young Senta snapped to attention, nearly jumping at Gowdali's sudden words, and started walking towards them at an increasingly faster pace. The heartstealer flicked her tail, laughing slightly. "Let children be children," she reassured the seragamma. "In times like these, you never know what's going to happen next. There's no harm in letting them make a couple new friends." As she watched the tinsel and gemshard, heads bent together as they talked, Seiren wondered. Were Rethete and Senta really that close? The gemshard looked at the tinsel with the fondness of an older sibling, almost, and the tinsel seemed to well respect the older and whatever it was he had to say. To have such a bond . . . she can't say she's ever experienced what that's like.

"Adopting personalities seems hard, no?" she replied. "Sooner or later, your real personality's bound to come through. No one can pretend to be someone else forever." Unless there was nothing there to start with.

She watched as he paused, scratching out a stone. "Are you alright?" she asked, her tone a perfect balance between amused and concerned. "You should get any injures looked at. Part of the reason we brought along a medic, really." A pause. Where she was from?

The heartstealer stole a glance at the seragamma, surprised. He was . . . asking about her?

Huh. That almost never happens.

"Around," she replied vaguely, skimming her tail over the sand as she recalled memories of her childhood. "I traveled a lot as a child." A better term for homeless. "I don't remember much of where I was born--all I know is that I've been in and out of cities my entire life," she laughed. "Borders fade when you don't put up permanent bearings in a specific place. I haven't sworn allegiance to much."

FOURTH PAGE HECKA YEAH

I never actually noticed LOL I empathise, Senta, I also answer questions way too late

aaaaaaaaaa and she has her hands and feet now and she's about ready for printing, I'm so excited!! It's amazing just watching the progress, the transition from mind to paper to 3d to real life ;v;

"I'm fine," Rethete reassured with a subtle smile. Senta was going places in his mind and it was rather obvious now. At the sound of Gowdali's call, Rethete held his head high like a cat whose attention had just been caught and quickened his stride. A few moments and then he lowered himself, completely parallel with the ground, to look under and past Senta at Gowdali and Seiren.

"I'll just check over on those two if you don't mind?" he suddenly asked. "Old seragamma's looking a little roughed up."

~

"I don't know," Gowdali said thoughtfully, eyes trained on the caped tinsel ahead of them. "M'lord seems very good at keeping his up."

Flicking the stone away, he snorted. "It's not much. I've had way, way worse." Underlining his point, he gestured at his blind eye and the trio of large scars across his chest. "I wouldn't waste time on something that doesn't impede an ability to fight. Or resources that are better used in a more dire situation."

Quietly, he listened to Seiren's recollections of her past. Tilting his head to the side, one could almost swear amusement - and better yet, trust - crossed his face for a split second.

"Yet you remain loyal to Altea." The seragamma slowed down his pace a little, falling in stride directly alongside the heartstealer. "Your aid out on that battlefield demonstrated the risks you'll put yourself at... even if you did have to run eventually." He grinned. "Yes, I saw you flee, while fending off that hellfire... no shame in running, really."

Edited by rampaging wyvern

HELL YE IM EXCITED ONWARDS

i'm crying so hard omg bless that : ' D

omg YOOO NCIENICe that's super exciting ohh my goodness <33 whaa this is going to look so cool ; u ;

Senta nodded, distracted, though the tinsel made sure to show he was pleased that Rethete was unharmed.

"Go ahead," he replied, looking in the distance at the seragamma and heartstealer bent together. Truth be told, he was still uneasy . . . just who was this Seiren?

There was nothing in the books.

He quickens his pace ever so slightly, watching as Rethete made his way over to the two gathered dragons.

~

Seiren snorted. "And this is why i don't trust nobles. Everyone's always playing mindgames." A pause. "If you insist," the heartstealer replied, casting an eye over the seragamma's many telltale signs of battle. "Though it is wise to never take an injury lightly." She paused, thinking of her own, unmarred body--how different they were.

The heartstealer gave a faint wisp of a laugh, barely there. "I remain loyal to Altea as I believe in what I consider right. Not many take advice from someone in my profession, you know?" A sidelong glance as he began to match his pace with hers--oh? "I flee when I know I am lost," she replied bluntly. "I'd rather be shamed and alive than honourable and dead." A glance. "Though I must say you held off that hellfire quite well yourself. Between you and the prince . . . there's hardly none that would dare stand in your way." Thinking back to the battle, Seiren winced internally. When it had really come down to the actual fighting . . . she knew her limited skillset with daggers wasn't much against those with actual military training.

AYE LET'S HIT TEN PAGES

/v\I'm wondering if at a later date I should commission a burega skull or an Eijuan griffon skeleton because those'd be great

"I have never fought an opponent as aggressive as it," Gowdali confessed. "It's like it was impervious to pain..." He frowned. "And fiery... adept on ground as well. I was in... a poor position." His gaze grew distant and his step faltered. "If it wasn't for Senta, I would be dead now." With a growl he closed his eyes and shook his head. "But I'm not, so we can forget about that and be ready for what comes next. I have concerns for future battles... m'lord never breathes fire unless there is a most dire need for it." He lowered his head. "I know he stills cares about me, which is why I continue to support him..."

Cutting off his sentence at the sight of the blue gemshard trotting over, Gowdali raised his head again. "Rethete?"

Rethete halted and bowed his head briefly. Ah... it was going to be a while before he grew accustomed to being in the presence of the likes of Gowdali. "Sire, ma'am, are you alright after the fight?" Gowdali could see the eastern's eyes darting around in search of anything serious, and subconsciously tilted his arm away to hide the injury. "Right as rain," he reassured. The cut on his chest was hidden by the fur, he was confident.

YESS ONWARDS

omg yesyes you should oh my goodness <333 i love the idea of a huge skull tho omg <333

Seiren paused, watching as Gowdali seemed to almost fade in his once-confident actions as he recalled their past battle. "The Dolhr are prepared," was the only thing she could think of to say--because what else is there to say? They were vastly outnumbered, and the heartstealer is aware that everyone knows this. To continue fighting even when the odds seemed to be so against them . . .

"You are all braver fighters than I could ever hope to me," she replied. "Give yourself a little more credit." At the mention of Senta, Seiren paused--ah, yes. The newcomer. The heartstealer flicked her tail, a common habit when thinking, and remembered the scene she witnessed--the young tinsel flying in on wings that seemed bordered by steel, sabre gripped tightly in his claws. And . . .

Who are you? she silently questioned. There was no doubt that the tinsel was an exceptional fighter, but mysterious. Where had he come from? Where had he learnt the skills to rival one of the Dolhr?

At the mention of Marth, Seiren regarded the seragamma with an unreadable expression. To believe so dutifully in his king, when the prince seemed to disregard his existence . . .

She didn't know to laugh or cry. That was either extremely stupid or extremely heartwarming, and she doesn't know much of actions that are supposed to come from the heart.

"There won't be need for that, then," she replied. "Our forces are growing stronger."

When Rethete approached them and asked about their wellbeing, the heartstealer rolled her eyes as the seragamma moved to hide his injury and assure the gemshard otherwise.

"I keep saying this is why we have a medic," she told the seragamma, turning to the gemshard. "We both have a couple of cuts, yes. I'd like you to inspect them, especially"--here, she whisked her tail to point in Gowdali's direction--"to make sure they're not infected, if you please. And just call me Seiren. I'm no lady."

~

Left alone, Senta slowly made his way to the front of the group, although keeping a wary distance from Marth, travelling alone. Seeing the older tinsel with his back turned, marching forwards with grim determination . . .

"Would you care for company?" he asked, keeping his voice low and respectful though his stomach fluttered with anxiety as he slowly approached.

WE SHALL GO ONWARDS

omg I'd just love it <33 burega skulls are pretty complex tho. They're like angler fish skulls with a thousand more teeth

Also I seem to have fallen into a tiny art slump ;; I gotta get this one thing done in time for my birthday!

Now it was Gowdali's turn to roll his eyes, and he reluctantly held his arm out. "Pretty sure the hellfire cauterised that," he stated, only for Rethete to respond with a sound 'no'. But apparently it wasn't much to worry about anyway, as the gemshard was immediately shifting his focus to the slash on Gowdali's chest.

"Hold on, there's a bit of sand caught in that." While Gowdali breathed a heavy sigh, Rethete withdrew one of his long, thin instruments and with a couple careful flicks, seemed satisfied. "Without adequate care, you'll get scars. And rarely, a disabling result." Gowdali frowned and watched the gemshard approach Seiren. Making backhanded comments on the scars and blind eye he paraded so proudly?

"Ma'am, Seiren..." Rethete appeared uncomfortable being around the heartstealer. "You have plentiful scratches and nicks, but unlike the wyvern here I'm guessing you weren't being ground into the dust... you're good."

~

"No," Marth responded bluntly, not even bothering to turn his head. His mind was in other places right now, and he was worried. He didn't need to be pestered by a newcomer, someone he barely knew at all. And, gods forbid, younger than him by a good three years... he wasn't in the mood for dealing with a child.

The cold, steady wind continued to blow, emphasising the awkward silence.

"... What do you want?" Might as well see if Senta was here for a reason...

TO GLORY

omg dang dang i love that so much omg <33 please have that done it sounds amazing omf ; u ;

omg ahh pats you so much ;;; i feel between school / work nowadays i have no time to art and i just. cry

omg yoo do the thing!! omg when's your birthday?

Seiren laughed internally, seeing the expression on Gowdali's face. It seemed to be a mix of respect, doubt, and disbelief--and what a joy it was to see the seragamma still remain so distant and regally-polite!

She could put up with the gemshard if it meant more experiences like these.

A medic will . . . slow down your plan.

The heartstealer abruptly pauses, feeling the sudden thought wash over her, and in her hesitation Seiren nearly stumbled over a twig conveniently placed just in her path's way. Laughing nervously, she immediately regained her composure and turned to face Rethete.

Over the top and under.

Slice the throat.

That's the fastest way to end a life.

It's cowardly.

But there is no glory in assassination, my child.

"Thank you," she managed, dipping her head to the gemshard. "Your efforts are appreciated, sir."

~

Senta stopped abruptly, years of training halting his pace at that simple no.

No . . . ?

"What do you want?"

The words . . . are harsh.

He is a good man, my child.

Marth won't turn his head.

You read of his exploits here on text, but trust me--they were much more glorious in person.

He breathes the flames of death.

Senta catches himself just in time, his voice coming out slightly shaky. "I simply wanted to see if you wanted company. My tutor taught me that it is alright to unwind after a battle."

He might be gone, but his flame lives on.

He won't look at the people who saved his life.

He is . . . an inspiration.

Senta moves back, frozen in his actions. His paws turn to lead with every footstep, and he can't--he can't--

Was I . . .

Was I wrong?

AND BEYOND

omg I will totally get it done one day ! I'm just repeating myself pretty much but the mere thought of having my headworld at least partially being brought into the real world after all these years being limited to paper, it's enough to make me cry a little ;v;;

July 17! I'm gonna be eighteen omg I just

I was 14 when I first began creating the basis of my headworld, how the time flies

In a swift motion, Rethete flicked the stick clear, though more of an instinctive action than anything else. He glanced up at the heartstealer's eyes and immediately stared at her paws. Yeah... he couldn't help but feel there were unpleasant thoughts going through her head right now. Of course, he was probably just thinking that.

If they were going to be in a team, he might as well try to keep on her good side. He mirrored her polite gesture.

"Also s-sorry about my threatening you earlier... I was just on edge and I didn't know who to trust."

Gowdali inexplicably gave a small laugh, promptly cut it and immediately looked off in the other direction to hide his face. An uncertain grin worked its way onto Rethete's face and he stepped back.

"I'll keep at the rear," he announced, seeing Senta now apparently speaking to their leader.

~

Hearing Senta's shaking voice, Marth halted in his tracks, still staring dead ahead.

Company... he really wanted nothing more than to be left alone.

There are more important matters at hand... and I need time to straighten my thoughts.

Caeda... she is safe... as is our child and the Fire Emblem... Altea's safety is certain, for now. Right now, Medeus... there is no time to unwind. He must be killed before he can strike at full force.

A tense twitch of his tail, he dug his claws into the sand.

Mind controlled innocents... that's new. I fear Medeus is stronger, gaining strength... despite being killed three times.

He cheated death a fourth time.

How many more times are we going to deal with this?

Will he ever die? Is his victory inevitable...?

Finally, he looked over his shoulder at Senta, with a dominating look.

"I don't need company. You, youngster, you should step back and mind your own business." He brushed his fringe with a claw. "I have important tasks at hand and no patience for idle talk."

HOHOH

omg yesyes i'm so excited omg nice that sounds amazing ; u ; pats you so much omg no worries i can only imagine how amazing that must be!! ; o ; congrats omg i'm so excited <333 aww yisss

omg pfft nicenice : ' D omg yes time does fly indeed!! wha, four years is a super long time, that's really cool!! ; o ;

Seiren watched as Rethete glanced up at her, almost warily--why?--and immediately back down, almost as if he was refusing to meet her eyes.

Why . . . ?

The heartstealer ignored the clenching in her throat and instead turned back to Gowdali, watching the seragamma with a careful eye. The mission, the mission . . .

She smiled, all thoughts suddenly erased from her blind when she heard Gowdali . . . apologise? Ah, so he wasn't completely made out of stone.

She gave the seragmama a smile, hoping it seemed friendly enough--she had enough practise in the art of smirking, yet honestly nothing in smiling wholeheartedly--and began to turn away, starting up the pace once again.

Above, the two tinsels seemed to be engaged in conversation. Sharp eyes narrowed, and Seiren watched the scene with unease . . . what could they be talking about? The newcomer, this young silver tinsel . . . who was he?

Seiren didn't trust this newcomer at all, and if he meant to meddle in the course of their plan . . . that would not go down smoothly.

Seiren was so wrapped up in her thoughts, face twisted in an expression of contemplation, that she failed to notice anything going on around her.

The outcomes of their battle had been completely changed by this newcomer with wings of silver . . . what else would this affect?

~

"You, youngster, you should step back and mind your own business."

His world is crumbling.

What . . . ?

Why . . . ?

I . . .

I don't understand.

I . . .

Why do you say those things?

The tinsel froze in his tracks, coming to a painful halt into the middle of the desert, digging his claws into the ground beneath him. Sand filtered through his outstretched claws easily, and Senta feels as if he's drowning.

"Age does not equal wisdom," he replies, murmuring with head bent low. Senta is aware that he's not pleading a very strong case here; his breath is quick and short, coming in little gasps as he tries to contain his panic, and his words are shaky at best.

But . . . why?

You're alive . . .

You're alive . . .

He wants . . .

What did he want?

Has he . . . has he been . . .

Creating a fantasy?

After so long . . . has he been holding Marth to impossible standards? Building . . . building a meeting in his head that could never come true?

The books . . .

They were wrong.

Mother . . .

Is this . . . how he treated you?

I . . .

You were my hero.

But . . . what is a hero?

Flames echo in the back of his mind.

A hero . . .

A hero does not . . . burn his enemies.

Sharp claws resound in the distance.

A hero does not turn his back on his allies.

Faint memories of waking into golden rays of sun.

A hero . . .

Does he abandon his children?

"Your son," he blurts out, unable to contain himself. "Is he . . . is he well?"

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Four years doesn't feel like a long time ;; Just thinking that in another two I'll be twenty - that is just mind blowing to me

TIME STOP PLS SLOW DOWN

And omg senta bb pls don't panic <33

Catching only fragments of Senta's murmured response, Marth narrowed his eyes. "What did you say?" he demanded, refusing to break away his cold, hard gaze. At least for several good, long seconds. He could hear the tinsel's fearful gasps, but the lowered head made it difficult, if not impossible, to read his expression. Silence for an unpleasantly long time...

"What?" Senta's next question was greeted immediately with a response of confusion and disbelief. "And how is that of your concern?" Marth sighed in exasperation and finally looked away. "Altea is in no danger as of yet, nor are the citizens within its walls." An indirect answer, aimed to divert the 'conversation'.

"Now leave me alone."

Just gonna drop Gowdali for a couple of posts, then I'll be back to him. Give him some time to prepare a new discussion with Seiren!

omg dang i feel its like how sometimes time can seem so long or short...dang it almost scares me in a way : ' D

SAME LITERALLY ME JUST wtf how am i in highschool i'm like five years old

[ looks at person younger than me ] wtf. you fetus

farewell senta om g

and ahh okay sounds good!! : ^ ) no worries seiren will be waiting <33

He didn't even bother to answer such a simple question.

Senta bowed his head, obscuring his view of the one he once thought so important, murmuring some words of reassurance as the silver tinsel slowly drew back, unsure how to continue on. His paws felt like lead as he trekked on, spirit discouraged from Marth's harsh words.

Why . . . ?

He almost feels as if his entire world is shattering.

How can he be strong if the one thing that kept him going was telling him to stop?

The world is against me.

He almost wants to cry out.

I don't belong here.

He opens his mouth to ask Marth a question, and then pauses--

What if he knew?

Can I trust him?

Long ago, the answer would have been a straightforward yes.

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

THE FUTURE. IT SCARES ME. HALP

LOL I find it so bizarre to think that once I was the one being taught how to play DC, how the forums worked, I was the one asking how to play Monster Hunter, how to draw believable fantasy critters. Now I'm the one taking on the role of mentor, so many times.

I am older and therefore wiser than you. Bow down before me and my supreme knowledge, and I may just decide to educate you on a few things. And you will repay with with nothing because I am nice

Catching sight of Senta just about to speak up again and then pause out of the corner of his eye, Marth growled and picked up his pace. Oh, he'd dealt with newcomers, he'd dealt with their incessant pestering for years prior, with patience and friendliness, but not this time. Things had changed, he had changed.

He shot the sky a frustrated glance. Fracktail was a good four or five hours walk away. Once they reached her, he'd be able to plot out the rest of their course and find out how much time it would take to walk. This was a route he'd flown before. He'd rather fly, but with two flightless dragons on his side now...

~

Gowdali watched Senta with careful eyes. "What does the fool think he's doing?" he commented, half to himself, half to Seiren. "Senta... you're going to get burned alive if you keep this up..."

Edited by rampaging wyvern

SAME////// LITERALLY ME

omg ahh yeyes it's so strange if you think about it like dang : ' D how time passes and things/people change!

pfttt i'm crying so hard oh my god yes indeed just. ur a fetus you must listen to my every command : ' D

Suddenly, the younger tinsel is filled with an inner rage that consumes his desperation. He catches Marth's glance from the corner of his eye, how the older dragon sweeps his gaze through their group . . .

He's not thankful.

We're . . .

We're a burden.

"What's your problem?" he immediately snaps, years of military training, years of losing his friends, family, everyone he has ever loved--

You've lost nothing.

This Marth . . .

This version . . .

You're so lucky.

"These dragons are risking their lives for you!" Senta whisked his tail across, sweeping it across Gowdali, Seiren, Rethete. "And you can't spare them a second glance? What are we to you, pawns?"

A pause.

You're so goddamn lucky.

"You're a coward," Senta spits, his anger built upon the images of his hometown burning before his eyes, each and every painful step that has lead him into this world. "A real commander doesn't think of his subjects as a burden. Who would follow a prince that acts like a child?"

~

Seiren was just about to reply to Gowdali when suddenly the young silver tinsel snapped, his voice echoing clear though the group. The heartstealer froze, shifting her glance to the seragamma next to her.

She slowly edged closer, lowering her voice to a whisper to avoid having Senta or Marth hear. "Is he . . . alright?"

She didn't know who she was referring to at this point.

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

AND IT'S NOT LIKE THE SCHOOL SYSTEM EVEN PREPARES YOU COS IT'S LIKE HEY SORRY WE DON'T TEACH YOU HOW TO DO BANKING OR BUY A CAR OR A HOUSE OR ANY OF THOSE IMPORTANT SKILLS, BUT AT LEAST YOU KNOW THE FIRST HUNDRED DIGITS OF PI

Don't forget the weekly sacrifice. Leave a box of chocolate on my doorstep at nine pm every Wednesday if you would be so kind

Senta's outburst clearly riled Marth - of course, he had been subject to criticism before, but he rarely took it well - and he turned to directly face Senta, head high and brow furrowed.

"First off, it's 'king'. I have been king for three years now, successfully leading Altea. Second of all, there is a war on the horizon and there's no time to express any gratitude towards my subjects. You have no right whatsoever to argue with me when you have not even been on my side for a single hour." Taking a step forward, firing a look at Gowdali, he adjusted his cape, finally noticing the scratch on his shoulder. The subtle change in his expression displayed his train of thought clearly - yet another thing to annoy him further.

"Do not give me a reason to call my right-hand dragon over," he warned Senta. "If you have other baseless criticisms to level at me, have the respect to wait until I have Medeus finished."

~

Gowdali growled ever so quietly, tensing up slightly when his leader shot him a look that basically said 'be ready to get over here'. "Not at all," he muttered back to Seiren. "M'lord doesn't take kindly to being challenged, he views himself flawless... and Senta's acting out of turn." He moved a wing, as if ready to draw his sword. "I see where he's coming from but this isn't the time. Hot-headed juvenile..."

IM CRYING SO HARD GOD YEAH ITS LIKE ???? how even send help 101 just ???????? hey at least you know about charles IV but nope we're not going to teach you about jobs or taxes or anything good luck have fun

im crying so hard omg bless : ' D indeed just 'a sacrifice every month please ur god is pleased'

"I don't bow to a king that disrespects the people who put their lives on the line for you, and receive nothing in return but annoyance."

Blood flashes before his eyes.

The days he spent as a commander, just as he learnt to fly . . .

Was it too much stress on a young mind?

We can't afford to shelter him in times like these.

You are . . .

Born into a world of death.

Senta stomps into the sand, frustrated--how?

How could Marth care so little for those serving him?

Did he . . .

Did he not realise what he had?

It hurts.

It hurts so much.

Senta sweeps a glance around, taking note of everyone . . . Rethete, looking awkwardly nervous in the corner, Seiren, with her head tilted and a small smirk upon her lips, as if thinking this almost fun, and . . .

He sees Gowdali, the seragamma battle-scarred and fierce. His one good eye glares at Senta, and the young tinsel's blood freezes.

They don't know.

What would have happened . . . had he not . . .

Looking around . . .

He smells blood.

This isn't . . .

This isn't my home.

"And what of everyone you will lose in the ensuring battles?" he challenges. "Just as you've noticed, prince, war isn't fantasy. You're going to lose those you hold dear"--a split second of a pause--"and all these so called 'subjects' of yours. Are you really that vain?"

You . . .

He stares Marth in the eye.

You aren't . . .

You aren't him.

~

The heartstealer cocked her head, listening in on the conversation. "Well," she replied, giving herself a slight pause to think, "they aren't exactly being quiet." A glance at the other, a small laugh.

"Children will be children," she replied.

Cut across the throat.

"Let him figure it out. These are harsh times, after all, and he'll learn."

Do not hesitate.

As Senta returned, voice blazing with clear fury, she paused, wondering how Marth would take such a straightfoward accusation. "And sometimes, they're fools."

You don't want a mess.

//squees in delight over the fact it was my eighteenth birthday yesterday and if that weren't good enough I've started drawing humans.

I apparently knew a lot more than I thought and the things I struggle with are general things I struggle with on all kinds of subjects

"...Disrespect?"

The anger in Marth's voice was evident now. For a few seconds, he silently observed Senta's frustrated gestures, the glance around at the audience watching this entire ordeal.

And then the last straw.

Senta's words cut through the still quiet, and Gowdali cringed inwardly.

Abandoning any attempts to keep a good image, Marth raised a paw and slammed it on Senta's shoulder, aiming to push him to the ground. Something about those words had hurt.

"SILENCE!" The roared command was enough to scare Rethete into taking a step back. Gowdali made as if to approach to intervene.

"Unless you would rather let Medeus claim Archanea, silence yourself and quit with your rash accusations!"

Snatching his paw away from Senta, Marth swept back his fringe, allowed a little space between himself and the youngster, and then grabbed the hilt of his sheathed sword.

"If you don't let the matter drop, then I will be teaching you some respect."

~

"Oh gods, here we go." Gowdali didn't relax his posture, as he was ready to intervene a struggle at a moment's notice. "'Fools'. You hit that nail on the head. I don't want you attempting to intervene, alright?" The seragamma began advancing, trying to make eye contact with Senta in a way that hopefully said 'stop this'.