RWyvern

1x1 RWyvern and Fata!

PUTS HEAD IN HANDS i'm so sorry whaaa i'm going to need to poof until about 20th of june due to finals ;;;; school + work is killing me rn like bury me with blusangs

i'm laguhing y ES senta just angsts the day away staring off into space bless he'd do that

ohhh i'm so excited!!! <333 pls show me wips/when you're done!! <333 i can't believe you're drawing seiren omg i'm so excited ahhh

oh that reminds me--i actually bought a derg on flight rising the other and the mother was named seiren xd.png had a laugh out of that! ))

Ah, of course. It had been a while--Senta had almost forgotten how caring the older gemshard was. Always willing to be the better citizen, to help others before himself.

He tilts his head as acknowledgement, showing the other he was listening, but Senta found it rather difficult to reply. "I see," he said simply, looking up at the sky. Would he see the stars tonight? He briefly remembered a part of his childhood, when his father would always come home before dusk settled and they would gather together, with his mother and her warm, warm eyes, pointing out each and every star to him. Snuggled into the embrace of his loving parents, Senta remembered that he felt as if nothing could break this bond.

Now . . . He steps a little too harshly into the ground, crunching the dirt beneath his claws and quickening his pace. He could think of stargazing later, when this war was done and the lands were at peace. In such times, not even the tales of shooting stars granting wishes could save them now.

~

It had happened so fast--Seiren cursed under her breath, gave Marth a quick nod of understanding, and was wholly unprepared for what occurred.

Throughout her life, the Heartstealer liked to think of herself as . . . well, prepared. For anything to happen, resourceful and witty. But . . . to battle openly out in a warzone like this?

She was an assassin, a whisperer, a master of secrets. Not a warrior, not a fighter.

They're sending me out on a suicide mission.

She's lived her whole life depending on only herself, and she isn't about to let that change anytime soon.

She watches with careful eyes as Gowdali approached the faint light in the distance, the tension in the hair suffocating her. Seiren's breath came out in quick little puffs as they waited and--

The world erupted into chaos.

Screeching filled her ears as she slid her daggers from their sheaths, gripping them tightly as dragons charged from all sides. In the madness, she lost track of the seragamma--wherever he was, she hoped his battle was going well, but--

A flurry of wind rushed past, roaring in her ears as dragons popped out of seemingly nowhere and raised their wings, fearful roaring spreading throughout the air as one demented cry. The heartstealer backed up, realising she and Marth were thoroughly surrounded.

She stole a glance at the prince, using anger to cover up her fear. "Your plan now, my lord?"

aaaah it's alright take your time, I'll be here for you when you make it back <3 all the blusangs - if I find them!

I will I will! I actually just finished Rethete's sketch and doodled in Seiren's general pose. I might as well scan everything I've done thus far tomorrow and show you ovo

!!!! *X-Files theme*

Rethete walked on in silence. If he could read minds he'd know what troubles Senta was keeping secret. But the most he could do was guess, and let the atmosphere suggest if he should speak or not. And right now... it felt like a speak-when-spoken-to situation.

And stepping past a tree submerged in wiry bushes, the blue gemshard suddenly whirled around to look into the leaves, whipping his knife out in the blink of an eye. For several long seconds he stared into the shadows, then hurriedly backed out.

"Sorry, sorry," he said, turning back to Senta. "Anything that sounds remotely like breathing just gets me wound right up. There's nothing there." He shook his head and sheathed his knife, laughing nervously and continued walking.

~

Marth hovered above Seiren, weapon held ready to parry any attacks, surveying the situation. The screeches and howls sent shivers down his spine but psychological warfare was not something he was going to succumb to.

"Either run, or fight for your life!" was his response to Seiren's question. They had absolutely no advantage over these dragons - outnumbered, the landscape not in their favour... for the second time, they might be forced to run. He and Seiren could flee and save their skin, but Gowdali... he was not going to leave without him until they had no choice.

Amidst the legions of beating wings, Gowdali could barely be seen, still fighting the hellfire. And then the first Dolhr dragon lunged, swiping at Marth's face and then seizing the Falchion's blade. Marth responded with a cry of surprise, kicked the enemy in the stomach and immediately slit its throat in one smooth motion. The blade tore scales and flesh like they were paper. Almost immediately that dragon was replaced by a another, who also attempted to seize the sword. The rest... they looked like they were ready to just go all out and overwhelm both tinsel and heartstealer.

Gowdali clamped his sword between his teeth and held out both legs, catching Tataura's spear as she made yet another charge at him. Trying to wrestle it free, she spat fire wildly, shrieking, tail lashing. Blinded by fire, Gowdali swung his head down, feeling his weapon catch rough, leathery scales. Then he was forced to let go and dive, turning sharp corners, gaining altitude, diving and weaving again, heading for the rocky ridge with the hellfire hot on his tail. Driving long talons into the first boulder he reached, he half-flew half-ran up the sheer surface and as soon as he reached the top, grabbed his sword from his mouth and swung down, trying to hit the hellfire while he held upper ground. She collided with the same boulder, clinging on, scrabbling, trying to climb, snapping her jaws and spitting fire while Gowdali attempted to land hits on her.

omg thank thank <33 weekends are a blessing like yes omf

yass omg all the blusangs <33 blusangs are the prettiest like bless

ahh oh my gosh i'm so excited please do show me ; v ; must see this omf <33

i'm laughing om g y ess

From the corner of his eye, the silver tinsel caught a flash of silver against the backdrop of night. Senta whipped around, reaching for his weapon, but was surprised to find only Rethete standing there with a semi-sheepish expression.

"I see," he replied, dipping his head to the other's nervous laughter and quickening his pace. "No worries; it's understandable. My father tells me that it is always better to be prepared rather than sorry."

However, something . . . something didn't feel right. Senta could see why the gemshard was on edge; in the darkness, the forest seemed to come alive. Leaves rustled with all the intensity of hidden foes, and branches scratched against bark to create a symphony for any danger to hide behind.

The sooner they reached the desert, the better. Senta was treading in familiar yet unknown territory, for the forest he had known . . . it had been all but ravaged by the war, trees burnt down to a crisp and dying, yellow grass littering a trail. Seeing the forest in all its former glory . . .

It was both frightening and refreshing, but Senta hadn't come to enjoy the scenery.

"We should hurry," he urged, stepping back into his commanding persona. "The wind blows east, and that seems an omen."

That was a lie, of course--he didn't believe in silly superstition (though he would never admit to ghost stories having scared him as a child). However, he did know he had to get there as soon as possible. If the tales proved true . . . and from both his father and the books, he had memorized the war's course.

The horizon of the desert came into view as they broke out of the forest, and Senta immediately blanched up realising that there were the shapes of numerous dragons not far from them, engaged in what seemed to be battle.

And against the darkness . . . the hide of a silver tinsel was illuminated against the stars, and the shine of a weapon caught the moonlight.

Marth!

Senta spread his wings, momentarily forgetting the one next to him.

~

Marth's voice echoed in her ears as the dragons attack, moving as one force of thousands, all equipped with deadly weapons and prepared to strike. Seiren's blood chilled in her bones as she dodged to the side, gritting her teeth as she slashed her daggers upwards.

Aim for the veins.

Years of training, of battles, of being left to fend for herself came back to the female dragon, and she plunged her daggers into the eyes of an incoming dragon just as she dodged an incoming swipe, using her speed and body to her advantage. However, the heartstealer realised with despair that they were overwhelmed, very much--she knew how to poison dragons, entice them, and slice their throats if need be, but . . .

I am no warrior.

Why are they not running? The female slashed her daggers at an incoming attack, parrying it at the last moment possible. She winced as sharp metal nicked at her skin, and the heartstealer took a few precious seconds to look up at Marth, who was equally surrounded by vicious dragons.

Unless a miracle--more or less--happened now, they were going to lose this battle. Seiren shook her head--how could three dragons possibly hold up against an army that showed no signs of relenting?

well guess what that project's been interrupted in favour of another one that involves drawing a skeleton and skull from three different angles for 3D printing. Obviously that one takes priority. You can see the finished profile in my thread!!

Rethete had also caught sight of the struggle. Pointing it out to Senta briefly crossed his mind but almost immediately the Tinsel had spread his wings - somewhat urgently, and he guessed Senta had noticed as well.

that must be the important stuff he was talking about...

Deciding to make the assumption that Senta was heading into the fray, Rethete jumped forward, preparing to make a run to the Desert - not to get involved in the battle, but to possibly help those hurt. "If you need to, go on ahead!"

~

The dragons continued to pressure Marth, now beginning to go for some attacks from above. Despite their numbers and aggression, the Tinsel couldn't help but notice that none were trying to land a potentially fatal blow. Rather, they were all trying to disarm him.

Like hell that was happening.

Three dragons against what seemed like fifty was a horribly unbalanced fight, and they couldn't hold their own for much longer. Nothing could've prepared them for this. Gowdali continued to fight the hellfire, who had by now chased him from the boulder and was now taking the fight directly onto the side of the stony ridge. He needed help, and Seiren was overwhelmed down on the ground.

With a cry of frustration, Marth swung the Falchion wildly in as many directions as he could, fending off the enemy long enough for him to yell at Seiren to run, and then climb further into the sky. Gowdali... he needed help. Get rid of the hellfire and they could all flee. No shame in running if it saved you your life.

But before he could intervene, the enemy was on him again, working to push him down and again wrestle his weapon from his grip. Gods, he was just about ready to burn them all, just to buy him some time to save the seragamma...

Tataura slammed her entire weight against Gowdali, knocking him down to a ledge. Dazed from the impact but still holding his sword, Gowdali recovered enough to see Tataura bearing down on him, somehow still wielding that burning spear, and threw himself to the side, feeling the heat of the fire at the back of his neck, the splitting crash of metal on stone assaulting his ears and the sound of a breaking shaft prompting him to counterattack. Flapping his wings to try and right himself, he turned to face Tataura - her piercing eyes drilling directly into his, burning teeth bared - and with all the strength he could muster thrust his sword directly at the hellfire's side, stabbing her in what should have been a fatal injury, but didn't do much other than further anger her.

ohh my gosh no way that's so cool!! <33 that's so exciting whaa <333 will you take photos of the 3D printed ver?? OO:

omg zooms i must see this oh my goodness

Senta nodded to gemshard--of course, Rethete was always the sensible one; hopefully, his little nod had been enough to signify his thanks. He didn't have time to waste on words!

Swiftly, the tinsel drew his saber from its sheath, feeling the metal slot into place as wings beat the air around him--once, twice, in preparation for takeoff. With a gust, he lifted into the air.

Years of military training had formed him to be a capable warrior, and Senta flew towards the gathered group without a second thought. His weapon glinted wickedly in the moonlight as he brought it down with a roar--unusual of the usually placid young dragon, but in his eyes Senta saw silver, blood, and failure--

His saber sliced through the enemies surrounding the larger tinsel, and the surroundings dragons screeched as their comrades fell from Senta's surprising entrance. The silver tinsel immediately was prepared to attack again, and just as he looks up--

He locks eyes with Marth and for that split, split second, everything hurts--

And then some dragon is on his right and he spins, feuding off an attack as he maneuvers and stabs the attacking in the abdomen, watching as the dragon shrieked, flung itself from his sword, and spiraled down into the abyss.

~

Seiren heard Marth's command to retreat and couldn't agree more--she would do exactly that. The heartstealer twisted, using her body to her advantage as she stabbed a dragon in the wing, hearing shrieks echoing in her ears, and was just about to retreat when--

She hears yells from above, and looks up, and--

What?

This--this wasn't part of the plan!

There is a newcomer, who seems to effortlessly slice through the enemies. Seiren watches as they take down a dragon with no shred of mercy, and her blood chills.

Sharp eyes gaze into the distance.

What will you do now?

She sees Gowdali engaged in battle, and the seragamma seems to be having difficulty--the heartstealer curses under her breath as she dodges another attack, feeling another one of her silvery hairs cut off, and attempts to sink her way back towards the forest.

Would they give chase?

You bet! Aaaa I'm so excited for this, an actual tangible Thanvei skeleton yeeeeees ='D it's like, a dream come true.

Give chase the Dolhr did, making numerous false attacks like the victor of a duel chasing the loser away. Their screeches and howls, intended to drive fear into the hearts of whoever heard them, echoed far.

Another dragon seized the blade of the Falchion, relentlessly trying to pull it away from its owner even as the metal tore its paws. Overwhelmed, Marth could do little else aside from just try to break free, and he was going to have to let go of the Falchion soon just to get out of there unscathed...

And then a roar caused the enemy to look up and flash of steel felled the offending dragon, taking out more than a few others as it did so. It took Marth a second to realise who had just joined in - another silver tinsel... and then they locked eyes. Only for a moment, but there was an air of familiarity about this newcomer.

But Marth knew no other Tinsel who looked quite like that and passed it off as just the stress of the fight getting to him. After all, anyone who was an enemy of the Dolhr was a friend of his.

Now where was Gowdali? Still a long way off, still fighting the hellfire, apparently. Marth needed to get over there, quickly... but the enemy was persistent. If he flew in any direction, they'd claw him back. He was going to have to drive them all off at once, even if just for a few seconds. Looking over his shoulder, he caught sight of Gowdali, back on his feet but up against a wall, the hellfire using the broken halves of her spear as weapons.

Swinging his sword in wide, repeated arcs in front of him, Marth held of the Dolhr long enough to inhale a deep breath, ignite a spark and then burn all their faces with a burst of flame. For several long seconds fire and smoke surrounded him, simultaneously both confusing and injuring enemies and heating up the Falchion. Using the smoke as a cover, Marth took this opportunity to fly straight towards Gowdali.

Tabo watched furiously from his hideout. Well there was one successfully driven away, only to be replaced by a much more competent dragon. The Dolhr were now beginning to drop like flies - not that he cared one bit about those dispensable pawns - but the seragamma was somehow still alive and fighting Tataura. His entire aim of this ambush had been to kill the seragamma and maybe take the Falchion, neither of which were working out. And now at least one of the tinsels was headed to gang up on Tataura. Curses, he was going to have to pull back...

Feel free to have Senta go in there and save Gowdali's butt! He's already changed some things, the good lil' dargon. Tataura's not to be axed tho :'3

that's so cool oh my goodness <33 i'm so excited omf ; v ;

and ahh okay sounds good!! bless senta omf

Senta took advantage of the flame Marth had suddenly conjured to throw the dragon he had been battling into the line of fire, using all his strength and his wings to gather enough force. Panting, the young silver tinsel took a split second of rest, and then--

No time, no time--

He spread his wings and flew towards Gowdali, being closer to the seragamma than Marth. The sight of the battle veteran brought an emotion he couldn't name--and yet he's been trying for far too long--to heart, and he urged himself on. Wings beat furiously against the night sky, and Senta put all of his exhausted strength into reaching the two engaged in battle.

He slammed into the hellfire--hardly elegant, but it would be sufficient. Momentarily dazed, Senta made a move to stab at her side, but--

He caught sight of Gowdali, and his blood chills, feeling like ice in his bones. Unbidden, he can't help but feel--

He feels so bloody young, seeing Gowdali before him. The seragamma, although battle-damaged, was still standing strong, eyes narrowed in prideful hate.

I would have liked to know you.

He sees fire and smoke in the distance, and Marth is flying towards them with Falchion bared as the screeches of burning dragons echoes behind him.

~

Curses!

Seiren wants to shout at the stupidity of the Dolhr dragons currently chasing her, but the heartstealer was too busy trying to dodge attacks. She twisted around the trees, feeling at home in the forest as she swung herself up a tree to dodge a flying dagger aimed at her chest. The heartstealer swooped down from above, slitting the throat of an unlucky dragon.

This wouldn't do. If she was to hold an entire force back, it wouldn't end very well for her.

Muttering insults under her breath, Seiren began her way back to where Marth and the others were engaged in battle, hoping that they had been more successful on their end than her at driving away the enemy force.

aaaaaaaaa I'm sorry for taking a while, skeleton drawing is taking a lot out of me ;A; BUT I FINISHED OFF THE DORSAL VIEW LIKE FIVE MINUTES AGO AS OF TYPING THIS

Also I noticed for the past few posts you've been using present tense instead of past. Not that that bothers me!

Suddenly with a second dragon attacking her, Tataura diverted her attention to Senta, whirling around with a guttural hiss, fire continuing to spill from her mouth. The broken, burnt shaft she was holding fell as she raised her talons to seize Senta's weapon, or his arm, or his neck, whichever her claws caught first.

Just seconds before Senta had rammed the hellfire, Gowdali had been pretty much staring death in the face. Pressed up back first against a wall of stone there had been little he could do; now with a new dragon joining in, it was two on one. The first thing he did was use his long, hooked claws to tear at one of those hot, glowing wings - if they could get her grounded, she'd be easy to finish.

Tabo spat and finally emerged from hiding, taking flight. This was no good. Cadifor and Medeus would not be impressed to hear of this failure but... Tataura was one of their best allies. She even had that seragamma in her grasp, if not for that wretched tinsel joining in... and now they were all ganging up on her. Time to retreat and try again.

Letting out a low, throaty roar that echoed far, Tabo watched his small army reluctantly leave their targets. Those on the ground, still pursuing the heartstealer, took flight - many making last jabs and swipes at those glossy scales. Flying in from another direction, the rest, save for those now down on the ground suffering from smoke inhalation and fatal burns.

Lastly, Tataura, wing damaged but not preventing flight. She made one last swing at Gowdali, then another at Senta before fleeing, scrabbling clumsily over the ridge before spreading her wings and taking flight with an infuriated cry. And within seconds, an eerie silence came down over the battlefield.

omg ahh no worries!!! hhh also i just finished my finals so now that school is over i will have lots of time to rp!! ; v ;

omg YOO nicenice zooms to your art thread i must see the thing!! your drawings are always so pretty <333

ahhh yeah i thought it would make it more heat-of-the-moment : ' D ahh okay just if anything i write ever bothers you please let me know!! i'll change immediately : ^ )

Claws ripped at him from all sides, and Senta growled as she felt one hooked talon dig deep into his side, scratching across silver scales. Wet blood split from the new injury, and Senta hissed furiously before swinging his saber around and attempting to catch her off guard. His side burned, but it was nothing compared to the anguish he knew would come if they lost this battle.

However, before he could further engage the hellfire in battle, a low rumble echoed through the empty plains. The roar sent a certain fear pummeling through Senta, and the silver tinsel was momentarily distracted. What does this mean?

He barely managed to block the last, fatal strike from the hellfire as she screeched, leaping back as she spread her battered wings and took fight into the night sky with one last shriek of anger, a glowing harbinger admist the dark clouds. Just as quickly as she had retreated, the battlefield grew silent. Senta sheathed his weapon, looking with weary eyes out at the sight of yet another sacrifice to the war. The silver tinsel stood, still as a statue, as he regarded the bodies one last time before turning back to face Gowdali and Marth with apprehension in his heart.

~

Oh?

The dragons had suddenly . . given up. One moment, Seiren had been dodging attacks and cursing through all the words she had learnt through her lifespan, and the other . . .

It was quiet. Too quiet. Did that mean . . . had they won?

Impossible. Or . . . ?

She tucked away one of her daggers, keeping the other in case of emergency. Slowly, she drew closer to the site of battle. With every move of her aching muscles, Seiren watched with sharp eyes from all corners to make sure she would not be caught off guard.

She thinks she imagines it, but no--there is the flick of a blue light, and a gemshard's hide glitters sapphire in the limited moonlight.

Friend . . . or foe?

Seiren draws her dagger tighter, approaching slowly. Suspicious, the heartstealer breaks a branch as she moves--something that could easily be mistaken for a stray animal or fleeing enemy, but would be enough to prove to her who exactly the gemshard supported based on his next actions.

heck ye! i'm rly enjoying this rp :'D

And I finished her teeth! So those designs are going on the thread as well. Then I'm back to drawing dc ocs yee

ooh I see! :>

Gowdali watched the hellfire leave, head low and panting heavily before straightening his posture and sheathing his sword. For such an aggressive battle, he had got off lightly - and he knew it. Some singed fur and a few cuts were nothing when he had come so close to death. He turned to this unknown tinsel and gave a nod of appreciation. Without speaking, everything he needed to say was conveyed in his eyes alone - thank you for saving my life.

Marth sheathed the Falchion and alighted nearby, taking a moment to catch his breath, adjust his cape and then stepped forward. Gowdali's weary eyes met with his, and the tinsel frowned.

"Words cannot express how thankful I am to see you in one piece," he said. "Clearly Medeus is on our tails, sending his troops after us." He looked over his shoulder, down at the dying and dead dragons littering the sand. "Such a waste of life... sending them up against opponents they have no hope of defeating." He'd not yet turned his attention to Senta, preferring to check his claws instead. Heh, of course those Dolhr had no chance of beating him...

Gowdali swept the broken spear away. "I saw you breathe fire," he said, in what was really a very accusing tone. "I thought you-"

"Would you rather have died?" Marth snapped, glancing at Senta and then immediately away.

~

Rethete jumped high and twisted himself to face the sound like a weasel, fumbling for his dagger for a few seconds before displaying it with a reverse grip, watching for movements in the darkness. He'd seen that fight through to the end and he was still on edge and anxious to help if anyone was hurt. Quickly, he stepped back, stealing a brief glance behind him in search for Senta. Was he there to back him up...?

"Who's there?!" If he had to face a threat front on he'd at least prefer to have an idea as to what it was.

omg same i never want it to end we have so much planned too so it's like bless <33 i'm actually really excited to just slowly go through the plot hh <333

omg yoo nicenice!! that's super cool OO: ahh i'm so excited both for that and dc ocs <333 i still need to try drawing the derg ahh i keep telling myself i will but i never get around to it omg why |D

Senta froze as Gowdali suddenly turned towards him and bowed, the seragamma dipping his head low as they locked eyes for one second. In the wizened general's eyes, the young tinsel saw gratitude and pride, and it was almost as if he could read the thoughts going through Gowdali's head.

Well, he thinks to himself, of course.

It just almost hurts when he thinks of how he's never seen a look like that before--he's seen exasperation, determination, and strict pride, but Senta doesn't ever think he's seen the seragamma thankful. Though he's sure Gowdali means nothing but good, it still sends a chill down his spine when the tinsel realises that, to them, he is a stranger.

He kept silent as Marth landed and the tinsel and seragamma exchanged a few curt words, knowing not to speak when he wasn't wanted. He had the urge to reach out to Marth, to confide in the other, but--no. Marth . . . Marth has a family and a kingdom that he's fighting for.

And Senta has nothing.

He dips his head as the older tinsel looks at him briefly, then looks away. Keeping his stance relaxed and humble, he takes a step forward.

"Prince," he says. "It's an honour to serve you and your allies, shall you accept me. I am known as Senta."

~

Seiren almost snickered as the gemshard flew up into the air, obviously shaken. Hm . . . so not a warrior, then? She doubted he was with the Dolhr--someone who was as jumpy as him to nothing but a twig wouldn't last long in enemy lines.

"Relax," she said, slowly emerging from within the trees. "Are you with the tinsel?"

I love planning RPs really thoroughly but rarely to this extent! Yes as soon as we've got all of these guys together after that fight I'm gonna see about just a bunch of character development and just slowly progress through the plot.

Also I might actually do all these OCs as small, shaded, maybe coloured drawings that are like sig sized? I really enjoy the small arts! And then you can put a few in your sig if you want.

Marth looked back at Senta, studying the tinsel. There was an air of familiarity about him...

"Gowdali is in your debt, Senta," he said. Never heard that name before... "As am I," he continued. "Without your timely arrival, the battle could have gone south very quickly." This was underlined with a meaningful look at Gowdali.

Gowdali frowned and bit his tongue, fighting the urge to just rant at his leader right about now. Like I was the only one in trouble! was the thought presently circling his mind. But for courtesy's sake, he said nothing.

Without missing a beat, Marth gave Senta a quick nod. "Any enemy of the Dolhr is a friend of mine." And apparently that was all he had to say.

Gowdali's hard expression didn't soften, catching blood from a cut on his chest on his wrist, and looking at a small nick on Marth's shoulder. Give him an hour or so and he'll be complaining about his scales potentially scarring... and Senta was still nearby. He should keep focused on what was important.

"He means yes, you're accepted," the seragamma decided to clarify. "Did you have anyone with you?"

~

Rethete's grip on his dagger tightened. "Yes. And believe me, he'll be down here in an instant if you begin to threaten me. So don't even think about it..." The heartstealer, in his eyes, didn't look to be the trustworthy kind.

fRIEND I"M CRY SO MUCH thank you for the cb blusang omg <333

oof really?? that's super cool bless : ^ ) same ahh i haven't planned an rp as much as we have before either; it's super exciting!! all the characters are baes <33

hhh i'm so excited for the character development ahh ; v ; esp with chae ahh i can't wait to see how he grows : ' D

ohh that would be adorable--i'd love that so much!! yes please omg i'm so excited your art is lovely <333

Senta froze as Marth regarded him, the two tinsels locking eyes. Aside from that split-second encounter they had had while airborne, the younger tinsel had hardly given any thought to what he would do if he met Marth. Standing here, with the blood and ash of their battle only moments ago, and his side throbbing from the newly acquired wound as he stared at the person that meant so much--there were no words to describe his current predicament.

He bowed his head low, lower than what he was used to when addressing others, but this was Marth, all things considered.

"I only wish to serve and protect," he replied, attempting to keep his words as distant as possible. He was here to do one thing and one thing only, not become friends with the dragons he should already know.

At both Marth and Gowdali's words, the younger tinsel raised his head with a certain spark in his eyes. "Honoured," he replied, then turned to answer the seragamma's question.

"Actually, yes," he began. "I was travelling here when I stumbled upon a gemshard by the name of Rethete. He is quite talented, albeit a little too quick to react." Not that that's a bad thing when battling, all things considered. "His trade is as a surgeon, and in the face of a potentially dangerous war . . ." He locked eyes onto Gowdali, then to Marth, as if wanting either of them to challenge his claim. Even through all the years, Senta had failed to completely depart with the regal, commanding air that his father had taught him ever since childhood. "It would benefit the cause to have him amongst our ranks, protected."

~

Seiren snorted, flickering her elegant tail up. For just the fraction of a second, the heartstealer's face contorted in pain from fresh injuries, but that was quickly replaced by her normal facade of smiles and playful words.

"Don't worry your little head," she replied, sliding gradually closer to the gemshard. "I am travelling with the other tinsel and seragamma." Sharp eyes watched the scene on the rocks--how was this possible? "Since it looks that they have recently formed an alliance, I suppose we'll be seeing more of each other. So let's not make bad first impressions, hm?"

She drew closer to the gemshard, eyes flickering over his form. Travelling with the new tinsel? From what she saw, the youngster was no fool. He appeared in battle just as swiftly as he had dispatched the attacking Dolhr, not an easy feat for anyone around his age. So for him to be travelling with this seemingly cowardly dragon before her . . .

Eyes narrowed, and sharp teeth slid into a fake, harmless smile dripping with honey. What is it that you do? she silently asked the other. What do you have hidden away?

who told you i told them you told me you liked blusangs

you're welcome :''3

ALSO I DREW RETHETE

I love this mixed media thingy so that's how I'm gonna do everyone else!!

Gowdali listened patiently, the crisp night air blowing through his rough fur. Though he paid attention solely to Senta, he observed out the corner of his eye as the moon illuminated the desert and with it, the devastation of another struggle. Arguably less great in scale compared to the last, but no less tragic.

"Yes," he said. "Two battles are more than enough to show us that the enemy is chasing us, working to keep us from reaching Medeus before he strengthens. Our numbers are low and every individual counts, drastically altering what could otherwise have been tragic outcomes... I'm sure m'lord agrees..."

Marth stood looking over the reptilian bodies far below, this time with a thoughtful air around him. "They're not just trying to slow us down. They're trying to render us defenceless." He placed a paw on his sword's hilt. "Every dragon I fought didn't lay a claw on me with the intent to kill. They were working to take the Falchion from me." Now he looked at Senta. "The Falchion can slay dragons with far greater ease than any conventional weapon. It was forged from Naga's fang. Medeus cannot be killed with anything else..."

"One would think they'd try to kill off the Altean king every chance they get..." Gowdali mused. Then he stood up and spread his wings. "We should discuss this later when we have everyone together again. Senta, lead us to Rethete if you would be so kind."

~

Rethete refused to lower his guard. Okay, an ally, that's what she claimed. He stood his ground as she approached - dwarfed by her size. That smile was not making her seem more trustworthy to him... and her eyes were asking questions. What exactly, he didn't want to guess.

"If you don't want to lose any of those striking scales, you'll respect my personal space and please back off a bit. And then I will take you to meet up with Senta... the tinsel. He has the authority I don't have."

Edited by rampaging wyvern

they told me ahh thank friend i'm honour ; v ;

omg YOOO HE LOOKS AMAZE DANG NIC E

omg please do it looks amazing ahh i'm so excited!! <33

Senta kept his gaze focused as both Gowdali and Marth spoke with urgency, informing the new tinsel on the outcomes of the war thus far. He watches as Marth lays a paw on the Falchion, speaking with intensity as the older tinsel's eyes flickered to land on him.

I know, Senta wants to reply, as the two lock eyes. He remembers someone--who was it again? He can't quite recall, but he be damned if he meets them again--telling him once that eyes were the window to the soul; if so, could Marth see into who he was?

Your eyes always resembled your father's.

He holds the prince's gaze steady as he replies, dropping his gaze at the last moment to show respect.

"Then it must be of the utmost importance that no dragon come within reach of the Falchion." Lest this war spin the course of what it will become over and over. "Will you continue to battle with it, my prince?" A part of him wants to suggest that Marth stop fighting completely--Gowdali wasn't wrong in assuming that the enemy would of course attack the face of the nation, and . . .

I will not let that boy grow up without a father.

However, he knows that Marth isn't the kind of monarch to lie behind rows and rows of guards. In the face of such devastation . . . to suggest that Marth run and hide cowardly was an insult of the highest caliber.

"Agreed," he dips his head to Gowdali's suggestion--of course. There was no reason to get too ahead of himself, after all. Similarly, he spreads his wings and beats against the night sky, slowly lifting himself into the air. Where was Rethete? He couldn't be far. Sharp eyes scanned the horizon, and Senta took off in flight.

~

Oh?

Seiren continued her act, backing up only the slightest inch as careful eyes continued to regard the gemshard before her.

"The authority? What, is he your prince? Have you suddenly sworn allegiance to serve him?" Suddenly, the heartstealer was hungry for answers. Just who was this tinsel that had suddenly shown up, and supposedly with an ally by his side? The only other tinsel she had seen around these parts had been Marth--god, you could spot those flashy scales anywhere--and in such troubled times where every dragon feared the wrath of the merciless Dolhr there was hardly any talk of someone daring to stand up to the army. So . . . how could this be?

Before she can continue her interrogation, however, Seiren is abruptly interrupted by sharp gusts of wind. Through the trees a flash of silver streaks through the moonlit sky, and, before she knows it, the very silver tinsel they had been discussing moments earlier comes to a stop, elegantly landing on the padded forest floor. Senta raised his head, looking from Rethete to Seiren--hm?

"A friend?" he asked the gemshard. This heartstealer . . .

Does he remember her?

<33333

I don't know who I should draw next aaaah somebody else major? Idk you tell me ;v;

Senta's question left Marth holding back his words - an obvious solution, absolutely, but...

He wouldn't be seen dead with a common weapon or relying on others to keep a powerful one only he could wield safe. It was unthinkable! Uncouth!

Instead, he chose to not answer at all, looking away again.

Gowdali snorted in disgust and followed after Senta, with Marth trailing behind.

~

"N-no..." Realising he was lowering his dagger, Rethete lifted it up again. "And-"

The gemshard looked up and jumped back slightly as Senta landed gracefully, and glanced at the heartstealer to see her reaction. Them Senta spoke - "No! Not a friend of mine!"

"A friend of ours," Gowdali's rough voice cut in. The seragamma landed alongside Senta, talons digging deep into the soft, sandy ground. "Seiren, this is Senta, an ally of ours. Senta, Seiren."

Behind them, and with some reluctance, Marth also landed, head held high and looking down at Rethete with a judging stare that Rethete would find most offending - if he was actually aware of it.

ETA: AND ANOTHER PAGE TO THE COUNT

Edited by rampaging wyvern

omg do gowdali i have a fondness for him <333

YES ONWARDS TO ANOTHER PAGE

Though he was expecting such, Senta was still hurt when Marth neglected to answer him, instead looking away completely. He turned towards the gemshard, surprised. Rethete seemed rather on edge, and it was with slight suspicion that the young silver tinsel regarded the heartstealer.

I . . .

I don't remember her.

What? How could this be?

Maybe she's dead.

But he knew that dead allies received a funeral of full honours, not to slip inbetween pages of history until one was forgotten completely.

Yet . . . he didn't know her. Seiren? The name was foreign, mysterious. Instantly, he was on edge. Gowdali and Marth seemed to trust her, but . . .

He was playing a risky game between the lines, and he couldn't afford to have loose variables floating around. Just who was this newcomer?

However, he knew to not challenge Gowdali's decision. The seragamma was a hardened war general, and the only reason he had survived thus far had been thanks to wit and sharp thinking. If Gowdali seemed to think she was trustworthy . . . then Senta would accept the heartstealer into their ranks.

Maybe things have started changing already?

"Pleasure," he replied, bowing low to the female. Seiren returned with such and an . . . interesting wink, and Senta stepped aside and gestured to Rethete.

"Marth, Gowdali, this is Rethete." He stole a glance at the gemshard. "Rethete--Gowdali and Marth. Are you alright?"

~

Oh? So they had already become friends. Interesting . . .

She dipped her head when Gowdali introduced her to the new tinsel--ah, so Senta was his name?

She would have to find some way to relay new information. Winking at the tinsel, she laughed internally at the bewildered expression on 'Senta's' face--another simpleton, it seemed. No matter--she'd get what she came from in the end.

"Glad to see you're all safe and sound," she replied, acknowledging Gowdali and Marth. "Any plans for the night, lords? Some of us are scratched up pretty badly."

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

oh look I do have time for a quick post

then gowdali I do! I've always been quite fond of him :'3

LET'S AIM FOR TEN

Rethete promptly turned to face Gowdali and Marth (who immediately quit his judging stare) and lowered his head. Having done the obligatory greeting, he sidled closer to Senta.

"I'm alright, Senta," he replied, then at last caught sight of the Tinsel's injury. He said nothing - it wasn't life threatening at all - but you can be sure he planned to examine it when they'd settled down for the night...

"We keep walking," Marth stated. "The night is young and we can travel far before daybreak. We'd all die of heat exhaustion if we tried traveling throughout the day, but I know of a place we can shelter."

"He's talking of a very good friend," Gowdali decided to inform Senta, Seiren and Rethete. A moment of silence, then Marth turned and began walking.

"I don't have any good friends," he corrected. "I'd rather not drag myself down concerning others' affairs."

Gowdali gritted his teeth. "I'm sorry," he told the trio standing before him. "He hasn't been the same since the last ordeal with Medeus. He means well, trust me."

yoo nicenice : ^ )

omg yes im so excited <33

HECK YEA

Senta nodded, pawing the ground before him absentmindedly. "That's good to hear," he replied--and he meant it, truthfully. To have all his old friends here around him, safe and sound . . . it was like a fantasy come true.

At the sudden exchange between Gowdali and Marth, Senta felt a stab of pain go through him at the older tinsel's harsh words. To declare that he has no friends, when he is surrounded by people who would risk their lives for his in an instant . . . had Senta not known who Marth was, his princely loyalty would've made enemies out of the other tinsel. Nonetheless . . . Senta said nothing, and merely dropped into step beside Rethete. He had always looked up to the gemshard as a second father, if you will, someone who had seemed so calm and steady, like a rock to latch on during harsh times. To be travelling beside him now, considered equals and brothers in arms . . . it was strange, to say the least.

~

"Worse things have been said, all things considered," Seiren replied when no one else spoke following the harsh silence that followed Marth's outburst, and the heartstealer made her way over to the seragamma general, attempting to match his quick march onwards. The female continued walking on with ease as careful eyes regarded the ones currently surrounding her--hm.

"So," she said, attempting to strike up conversation with Gowdali in the quiet. "Who's this old friend?"

YEAH NOW WE HAVE OPPORTUNITY FOR CONVOS + DEVELOPMENTS

im sorry im just rly excited for what happens now that we're really getting this rp off the ground

Rethete trotted alongside Senta, his feathered whiskers tracing a pattern in the sand as they moved back out into the Jehumuh Desert. "When we stop for the day," he started, "I'll make sure your injuries are taken care of. If anyone has any open wounds they'll need checking as well, for sand and other foreign objects that could cause scarring and infection. And I'll keep an eye out for this special species of desert plant, it looks like grass and its fibres are amazing for stitching deep wounds a-and-" His words faltered. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't bore you with this..." He looked over at Seiren and Gowdali and then at the most fascinating sand he was walking over. "So... that hellfire... I saw you take it on. Was it strong?"

~

Gowdali stole a look ahead to make sure Marth was out of earshot. "She calls herself Fracktail. I've met her before - she's a very shy, quiet dragon. So quiet, you don't even know she's there until she speaks." He shook a long twig from being caught in his talons. "She speaks without moving her mouth. It's bizarre." He turned his head so as to take a look back at the battlefield, stained red and charred black. There were innocents in that lot as well...

Medeus couldn't be strong enough to mind-control so many though. There had to be someone else doing the work.

YEEE ALL THE EXCITES

omg nono no worries friend i'm like [ excited internal screaming ] whenever i see a reply so yass

Sand filtered through his paws as he walked, and Senta scanned the horizon of dead bodies with an unreadable glance.

So many dead . . . and yet it could have been worse.

This was war.

The tinsel snapped to attention once he realised Rethete was talking, and Senta gave his full attention to the gemshard.

"That would be great," he replied, dipping his head low to the surgeon. For one to so eagerly look after others . . . Senta was not wrong when he said Rethete would be a great addition to their forces. "Thank you, Rethete."

Senta cocked his head as Rethete spoke--oh? "You're not boring me," he reassured. "I grew up around books, yet know little of medicine. So this plant is great for stitching? We should amass a large number of it, then." Senta did a quick sweep of the land around them, scanning the area for anything that looked suspiciously like grass. The tinsel was so caught in his search that he almost missed the gemshard's next words--

"I suppose," he returned, then faltered, unsure how to put his thoughts into words without giving anything away. "I grew up learning how to fight, but . . . every battle with an actual enemy is frightening in some way." The tinsel grew quiet, knowing he must seem miles his actual age, and spoke again. "But this is war, and we all make sacrifices."

He sighted something from the corner of his eye--oh?

"Is that it?" he asked Rethete, raising a large paw to point at a cactus.

~

"Fracktail?" What a lovely name. Seiren glanced at Gowdali as he spoke, seemingly caught in his own thoughts, and the heartstealer wondered what lay behind that strict commander's mask he always seemed to wear.

"How can one speak without moving their mouth?" she wondered out loud as she padded along next to Gowdali, her footsteps quick and light, leaving small dots in the sand. "Maybe it's magic. Does she enhance her lips to stay still? Imagine how bothersome that'd be in the mornings."

The heartstealer stole a look at the one next to her--Gowdali was turned, facing the direction of the battlefield, and Seiren's heart skipped a beat. Why . . . ?

Could there be evidence left back there?

"It's tragic," she murmured. "So many lives lost in the run of things."

Im so sorry I am slow to reply when I shouldn't be because I always play smash at around 6 to 8 here and its a gud game ;v; can't stop

Rethete listened earnestly. If he interpreted this correctly, Senta must have had to mature unusually fast... to introduce a youngster to combat before their wings grew in was rarely done unless it was of dire need. He was about to press a question when Senta pointed out a cactus. The gemshard bared his delicate teeth in an amused grin.

"The plant I have in mind looks like grass growing from a single thick stem." Then he lifted one side of his coat, looking at the instruments it held. "Although... metal is ideal, but the spines of that could work for temporary uses... shall we take a detour?" They weren't going to lose their allies within a good mile or so; the desert was flattening out immensely by this point, and the ridge they had fought near was curving steadily away.

"So... where you raised? Why did you grow up fighting?"

~

"I assume it's an ancient form of magic..." Gowdali muttered. His blind eye hampered his ability to perceive depth and plenty of detail far off, but he could have sworn he could see one of dead dragons... it wasn't dead. It was weakly flapping its wings and dragging itself limply across the ground, like a bird with a broken wing. He had to look away. Poor wretch... if it didn't die of blood loss or smoke inhalation, it would surely die of heatstroke tomorrow. So be it.

"It's unavoidable," he said. "Sometimes violence is the only solution to problems, and some have to be on the receiving end... often in the way of death. It's not pretty. It's not desirable. But it's got to happen to somebody." He narrowed his eyes, refocusing his attention to the path ahead. "I hate seeing the sight of dragons burning."

omg no no worries it's all good play ur game its ok i have time ; v ;

Senta was taken aback when the gemshard suddenly smiled, and the young tinsel blinked, confused, at the other. Following Rethete as he made his way to the plant and inspected it, Senta listened carefully as the surgeon described what he was looking for and how this plant may be of use. "Fine by me," he replied; there was naught around but sand and plants, and Senta hardly suspected an attack now in the aftermath of such a bloody battle. Since the landscape had since flattened out to a straight trek forwards, there was little chance they would lose the group.

The gemshard's sudden question made the silver tinsel almost loose his footing--surprised, Senta nearly slipped as Rethete looked at him questioningly, and the tinsel's mind became a whirlwind of thoughts as he attempted to conjure up a reasonable response.

"I--uh--" he stammered, uncertain, "I do not like to speak of the past," he finally decided. "My parents . . . thought it would be best if I was able to defend myself in times of war, is all."

Was that vague enough? He hated lying to his friend like this, but Senta knew he couldn't afford to reveal the true reason behind his mastery of combat.

~

Seiren shrugged, casually whisking her tail. "The strangest form, then. I've never heard of magic used in quite that manner."

What was he looking at? The heartstealer attempted to follow his gaze, and--

Oh.

There's a dragon there, one of the opposing, who was not quite killed. The thing is struggling along the sand, dragging its broken body through the endless desert. Where could it go? There was nothing for miles around but sand, harsh sand. No water, no food, nothing . . .

The smoke from the fire only moments ago was slowly floating into the air, whipped into delicate strands by the slight breeze that had stirred up, almost as a healing wind in the aftermath of things. Seiren paused, unsure if she should say something or not--

She watched Gowdali as the seragamma spoke in bitter tones, focusing his gaze straight forward as his words spoke of past experiences. Seiren beat her tail against the sand, whisking up small sparks, and hesitated.

"I hate to tell you that you're right," the heartstealer replied, sighing. "Though, if I was to be hopeful and foolish, I'd say that wars can be resolved without bloodshed." Seiren paused, hearing the silence that echoed through the desert, broken only by the crunching of sand by multiple paws. The sight of dragons burning? There was a story there, though Seiren was no fool to guess that Gowdali would immediately open up about his life at a simple request. "So I'm guessing that's why there's tension between Marth and you," she suggested. "But I won't pester. If you ask me, though--don't worry your pretty face, I know you didn't--it's better to have more allies than enemies. Especially in times like these." Smoke curling. Dying flames. "And I'm guessing you have some ugly past stuff you'd rather not talk about, but that's fine--stories are better told around a campfire, anyways." A pause--is she doing this correctly? Seiren mentally curses--in all years, she's never been sent on such a difficult mission. Gowdali seemed to have the emotions of a brick--how was she supposed to get information out of that?

"So--do you like grapes?" A random question nonetheless, but a gateway to greater things--maybe if she started talking about her past encounters, he'd feel more open to do the same. And then they could have an emotional sharefest, and she'd be all the more equipped with knowledge in the long run. Not a tactic she often employed, but she wasn't shy to trying new things. And she had many stories involving both actual grapes and their fermented kin.

SO MUCH HYPE OVER THE SKELETON OMG IM CRY

"I understand," Rethete said quietly. Right... respect Senta's decision to not think of his past and don't pressure him...

"I was fortunate to find surgery fascinating from an early age," he decided to start. "Even after the Dolhr... killed... my community... it's still something I can use to help others. Really, that only motivates me all the more." Having reached the cactus, the gemshard reached under his coat and spent a few seconds grabbing something - a collection of several, long needles. He held these out in a bunch in one paw and a single one in the other, which he proceeded to visually measure against the spines of the cactus.

~

"In a perfect world..." Gowdali sighed. Rather reluctantly, he decided against going into his 'perfect world' speech to listen to Seiren. With a snort of laugher, the seragamma gave a quick nod.

"I do not impart many personal details with a stranger," he pointed out, and looked at Seiren. "I still consider you a stranger. Only if I consider you a trustworthy friend will I speak of my past and my relationship with m'lord." Inwardly, he had to laugh. Like a mint dragon stuck on the other side of a wall to some tasty morsel, she had caught onto the slightest scent of something worthwhile and was scrabbling to reach it - and like the wall, he had no plans to let up on her until he decided to. If he decided to.

"Grapes?" Gowdali raised a brow. Well that was an unexpected question. "Not so much in their raw state, but after the slog of a war..." He paused. "I don't drink, for your information."

YES YES OMF

It pained him to have to push Rethete away like this, but Senta ultimately knew it was for the good of everyone currently in their small travel group. The tinsel turned his head, thankful, as the gemshard changed the subject and began talking about his past and what had lead him to pursue such an interesting profession of choice.

"The Dolhr . . ." he echoed, voice clear with sorrow. "Has affected many. I can only hope we stop them before it becomes too late." At this, the tinsel grew quiet as memories began to flood his mind--physically shaking his head, Senta cleared his thoughts of such dark matters and instead focused on what Rethete was saying and doing.

"You have and will save many," the tinsel said, almost mysteriously, "it's only our good luck that we have someone with your talent amongst our ranks. You have my thanks."

He watched as Rethete reached into his coat and withdrew---needles?

Confused, Senta watched as the gemshard seemed to compare the metal instrument against the catcus' spines.

"Do you think we could use them?" he questioned, peering closely at the two side by side.

~

Oh? The seragamma seemed about to speak--something about a 'perfect world'?--but instead paused, focusing on her words instead.

So, she had at least gotten him to listen. One step at a time, after all. She'd question him on what he was about to say later, perhaps.

"Ouch," the heartstealer returned, skipping past a couple of small, dead branches somehow caught in the sand. "And here I considered you my best friend. Communication is key, isn't it?" A long red tail whisked before the sand. "So professional. No wonder you make a good military commander. I've met types like you; isn't it a hard life? To never trust someone enough to speak freely of your emotions?"

She regarded Gowdali carefully, attempting to read his facial expressions, but as always the seragamma seemed carefully guarded. To reach within and to his thoughts . . . it was as if she was chipping away at some solid wall using sticks made of grass. Still, if Seiren had given up instead of carried on throughout her life, she would hardly have made herself a name as a talented jack-of-all-trades. No matter the cost . . . she'd break through that barrier.

"Ah," she sighed, laughing slightly at his response. "Smart. The last time I drank, I woke up in a brothel with dragon teeth, honey, and my dagger stuck between a dragon's scales. It was a night--now that I think about it, I think I went there on a mission and ended up getting sidetracked and making a couple new friends. Oh, but they had really good little cakes. We should get some sometime--between you and these two"--here, she flicked her tail over to Marth and Senta--"it's just depressing. Guess that's what happens when you're born and raised in the cities." A pause. "So, where were you born?"