skwerl56767

Skwerl Scribbles

blink.gif What? By 'fogs' do you mean a type of dragon, or a fogged egg (hidden from viewing)?

At valentines day when people first attempted to the new dragon breed with a GoN to see what avatar they would get the egg appeared fogged.

Also Skwerl your arts <3

At valentines day when people first attempted to the new dragon breed with a GoN to see what avatar they would get the egg appeared fogged.

Also Skwerl your arts <3

Thanks biggrin.gif

blink.gif What? By 'fogs' do you mean a type of dragon, or a fogged egg (hidden from viewing)?

user posted image

The fogged sprite.

Edited by MessengerDragon

biggrin.gif

I'm only accepting sprite requests, but I can make a Guardian of Nature and a Heartstealer with a fogged egg, if you'd like. It might take me a while to do it though. Do you have any ideas in particular for the sprite?

biggrin.gif

I'm only accepting sprite requests, but I can make a Guardian of Nature and a Heartstealer with a fogged egg, if you'd like. It might take me a while to do it though. Do you have any ideas in particular for the sprite?

Yes, I would like that. smile.gif

Not really.

Edited by MessengerDragon

Ok, well, I was going to request another sprite, but since Messenger just did, I'll wait.

So I was going to post the rough sketch, but then I ended up coloring it.

Link.

(Click for true image, Imgur doesn't seem to like transparent backgrounds and auto-resizing...)

I just love that GoN's expression. xd.png Though I'm noticing a few potential problems, is it what you had in mind Messenger? Some of the bigger "issues" are partly because I only know what the dragons look like sprite-size-wise, so for all I know the GoN's frill is wrong, or I used the wrong color for the Heartstealer's eye. Hm... I guess you can only come so close.

Oh, and feel free to give me another sprite request Alex. biggrin.gif I owe you anyway-that Plated Colossus is still only half-done...(Grumbles.)

Edited by skwerl56767

D'aw. He looks so confused.

Wait

Yeah

Heartstealers are a female breed only

So yeah

He

OMG that is adorable! I lost it at the GoN's expression. xd.png

He's like "Uh, hmmm. Yeah. Does he, uh, get that from your side of the family by any chance?"

He's like "Uh, hmmm. Yeah. Does he, uh, get that from your side of the family by any chance?"

Yep, me too. xd.png That is amazing... I'm still laughing after 5 minutes.

And for a sprite request, hmmm...

Well how about... Oh, man, that picture keeps distracting me... Ummmmmm...

Can I get back to you on that?

xd.png Yes you may.

I feel like I need to stick something in here, so have a shading practice sprite tongue.gif :

user posted image

EDIT: Not buried enough to do a bump, so just doing a quick edit. I finished another Alex request! biggrin.gif

user posted image

Edited by skwerl56767

That plated colossus is beautiful

Your spritework is getting really intense that texturing oh my 10/10 would not have the patience for

Out of curiosity, how long did that take you?

Pffft, I was thinking something like that along those lines xd.png He's just like, "Um, did we just... how did we... what is... uh... so, um..." xd.png

Hot damn.

Skwerl, your stuff was good before but

wow

Please don't let that shading practice sprite just be a shading practice sprite *-*

xd.png Aw, thanks guys!

@Ayes: It did take me a while to get the plates right-I had a struggle with shading in particular because they kept ending up pillowy. Finally I went out on a limb with it and hey, it worked! I think shading took me about half a day to do(including breaks), and overall the sprite was started/finished in 2/3 days? Sometimes I get "arting lows" so it can take way longer, but when I really put effort into spriting I can make them at a decent pace. biggrin.gif Though that reminds me, I need to finish those requests!

@ab613: Yeah, it turned out better than I thought, though I'm thinking of revising some of the fins a bit, just to give them a little more texture. Though I kind of used a sketch from the sprite practice thread... I don't know, I could sprite the other two it came with, maybe make them a little more dragon-ish, and PM the sketch artist and see if they could be used? On the other hand, I could always come up with another idea for a DR and get something similar in, and use the same palette. tongue.gif Just cooking up ideas!

Oh, and just for kicks, have a dancing kitty.

Edited by skwerl56767

Ok, since Esko has Veronica and Larry in his signature, I must oppose it with a picture of ME and Veronica instead. xd.png Can you do that?

Possibly, though the two art styles are very different. I actually have an old sketch of two Moonstones that does need some anatomy tweaking/cleanup, so I could just use that. Only question; do you want it a sprite or a sketch? c:

I'm tempted to say both, but if you have to pick one or the other, go with the sprite. It suits me better, but a sketch would be a bit nicer.

All right!

Oh yeah, almost forgot an art update:

Have a sprite version of Ayesthine's honeydew dragon sketch(thanks Ayes! -^.^-);

user posted image

And a color sketch of on of the forms of my personal OC Shadow;(Look, I can do decent humanoids when they're clothed and armored beyond recognition! biggrin.gif)

And her little summoned servant Kazul the Shadow Batling;

And some really bizarre thing I drew just because;

And the bizarre thing in pink because why not;

And an actual picture of a stylized bird with all sorts of glowwy effects;

And single versions of the bird in colored, black with colored glow, and greyscale forms.

EDIT: Derp, forgot another important thing. I'm opening sketch requests! I can't promise anything, but I'm opening them anyway. xd.png

Edited by skwerl56767

WOW

just

WOW

Beasties, glowy tribal bird beasties AND skeleton wing shadow knight person??? What is this fantastic artistic madness??? :DDD

WOW

just

WOW

Beasties, glowy tribal bird beasties AND skeleton wing shadow knight person??? What is this fantastic artistic madness??? :DDD

The weird thing with eyes looks like something from the Outer Lands... But worse.