J-D3v11

What are some good Free to play PC games?

I would hardily recommend Dota 2. It is difficult to get into and the community can be hostile, but there is so much creativity, innovation, complexity and depth to the game that it's easily the most satisfying gaming experience I have ever played.

Unlike other MOBAs, you don't need to pay to unlock characters, so there's that. It also has custom gamemodes if the regular game isn't your cup of tea.

Ah, Free-To-Play MMORPGS...

I play Wakfu, a free French MMORPG. (Yes its translated) It gets weird in some parts but its actually quite good, including the TV show based off of it (available on Netflicks under the same name, Wakfu, btw)

Quickscope Simulator is a very fun Steam game if you just want something to entertain you fora short while... at least I think its Steam... could be wrong.

Some fun, cheap games are CSGO and Goat Simulator. Both are just around $15.

Lol, ok, so every time I think of a free pc game, I think of the corny elf bowling from way back when. My Dad found it and a few of the knockoffs and it became a hit in the house. Incredibly cheese and no real plot line to it, but still great for killing time I guess.

Doki-Doki Literature Club. It's free on Steam, but I can never get it to work. If you've seen it, however, you would already know it's not your typical dating simulator.

Neverwinter (online), it's a free to play MMORPG set in the Dungeons and Dragons universe. Minsc & Boo <3

Warframe is basically ninjas in space :P, Clem, Grakata!

I've started playing Team Fortress 2 recently. I really like it so far and I'm in love with the characters! They are pretty fun.

Go on Newgrounds .com, massiv games of all kinds from users to users.

Here my faves (but short):

Don't Escape series (puzzle games; the last one is very spooky) from scriptwelder (4th game coming on Steam this year)

400 Years (puzzle adventure? its a strange thing but damn calm and chill with a plot twist at the end) from scriptwelder

Necrorun and Necrorun 2.0 from Xaltotun (its like Robo-Unicorn attack, just with Death)

Rebuild 2 from sarahnothway (just zombie apocalypse, horror, survival, risk thingy)

Murloc RPG:SF and Murloc RPG 2: Episode 1 from un-medicore (WoW-themed, Murlocs, RPG very cool)

Reincarnation series from LiLg (point&click puzzles, comedy, dark humor)

On 5/12/2015 at 4:29 PM, zorua9 said:

League of Legends, Realm of the Mad God, Elsword, and Happy Wars.

Seconding Realm of the Mad God! There's also Warframe on Steam, and Guild Wars 2 available for free download online.

Eternal Card Game is free save for some purely cosmetic things and is basically "Magic if it were designed for computers". I strongly recommend it.

Cube escape is awesome, but a bit terrifying.  I think it's mostly (if not all) free online.  There's time travel, a murder-suicide, and shadow beings.  The plot is interesting and the game is creepy.  And it's a point and click room escape with some great animation.

I like AdventureQuest Worlds a lot so I could recommend it. :D While it probably isn't everyone's thing, I've been playing for almost 7 years.

Since no one mentioned them: Star Wars: The Old Republic and The Lord of the Rings Online I highly recommend. Yes, the xpacs are purchase-only, but they're so worth it. Even if you don't spend anything, SWTOR and LOTRO are still worth it. LOTRO's engine is so old it runs on a laptop with few problems. SWTOR seems to be well-optimized, because it also runs properly on a lappy (one from 2010 with cluttered messes for hard drives and a senile i3 processor, no less).

Edited by Sesshomaru

A good game is Evolve: Stage 2. MMO/FPS.

In Evolve, you are either a monster or a hunter.

Hunters have 4 classes: assault (my favorite), support, trapper, or medic. The assault does tons of damage, the support can protect the team, the trapper slows the monster, the medic heals (and is generally targeted first). When in a game, you are randomly assigned a role. You can unlock characters without paying real money, and every there's a free hunter for every class, as well as a free monster (everything is unlocked in custom mode, which is against AI).

Monsters are, well, monsters. There a several, with the Goliath being the first unlocked. The monster must evolve by killing animals, and then either kill the hunters, or at stage 3, destroy the power relay.

The game has a bit of a learning curve, but it's fun even at the beginning.

None, honestly. I see free to play PC games as games that generally will suck one in and they all seem to be the same (and a money drain too, if you get sucked in enough to spend money on the gane).

Some of the old Nitrome games like Skywire, Feed Me and Pest Control were fun to play back in the day. That might just be the nostalgia talking but i'd recommend a quick play, anyhow.

"A free-to-play game I can [sometimes] enjoy is called Archeage. I, myself, don't much care for the lore behind the game, but it is fun to play if you like exploring and using gliders to get around. But seriously, it isn't all that fun for me. I much prefer World of Warcraft, Diablo, or Heroes of the Storm which are all by Blizzard entertainment. But WoW isn't free to play if you are wanting the full experience of the game. The max level [at the moment] is 110 while the trial allows the player to get to level 20. So, blah. Moreover, back to Archeage, it can be fun, but it really chews up your time. Especially if you want to play the game legitimately. Right now, I'm more interested playing Skyrim [PC] rather than fiddle with the other mentioned games."

all though it didn't start of free, it is by the developers, become free because it is an outdated game....

The Elder Scrolls 1: Arena. for MS-Dos (or DosBox).

There's a whole bunch that I can think of.

1. League of Legends - MOBA
  2. Hearthstone* - Collectible card game
  3. Battlerite** - MOBA
  4. Deceit** - FPS
  5. Darwin Project** - Battle royale
  6. TERA** - MMORPG
  7. WolfQuest*** - Wildlife simulation
  8. DOTA 2 - MOBA
  9. Fortnite - Sandbox battle royale/survival game
  10. Smite - Third person MOBA

Those are only to name a few. If you have a Steam account, there's many different free to play game options.

* You must have a Blizzard account

** You must have a Steam account

*** For the multiplayer option, you must register on their forum site

It's third person, but I highly recommend Warframe. Free, easy to play and a lot of fun. 

All I can think of is Town of Salem and skribbl.io
And probably other io games...

and Minetest (which is barely a game).